• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Isobelise

being a person of simple mind...can someone please explain this:

2014-10-07_21.31.09.png

Ranger X

Maybe the person thought the boats would stay into place? :p

(by the way, its something I hate about minecraft, if I would be able to have a boat stay there with an anchor or something, I would have boats a little harbor but right now its useless!)

Ark

Any chance we could get an update on the server map? :D

I'm in desperate need of a very particular mountain layout. God I wish I had worldedit :p

-Minsc-

Since Master Nihon sighs so greatly at calling the new town Pioneer Town he is more than free to savagely rip down the sign and rename it. ;)

Fuchsdh

think the new city now has a name, I hope you guys like it ^^

I'll probably get out there in a few weeks, I've got to finish the orange line to New Spawn, build myself a domicile in Pioneertownhamsirewhatthehellthisplaceiscalled for me and my bunnies away from Fuchsbaum, and then I'll get over your way (and I guess extend the pink line at the same time?)

Then it's back to more rails for me.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Any chance we could get an update on the server map? :D

I'm in desperate need of a very particular mountain layout. God I wish I had worldedit :p

Yeah, I downloaded a backup a few days ago but never got around to it. I'll grab a fresh backup tonight and make a new map.

Crispy75

please consider running it through mcamap.net for a top-down pixel:block view. will look rubbish, but very useful for planning. thanks!

Fuchsdh

Unless you like Northeast Southwestonshireham as the name, maybe not :p

Also, of course, NihonTiger on Neocraft - 115 - One Dot Eight is uploaded. Rejoice :)

The mining thing was all Crispy, although I watched him do it so I'm happy to take 1/2 the credit :)

And the damn "it's only 1 unit high" nether rail thing just never works for me. There's always some guy spawned in anyhow, or else someone messed up the powered rails and there's no way to bail out before you get sent back (looking at you Arkyoto rail.) Rather stick to Nether or rail, but not both together :p

As for a plot for a spawn home—I've claimed that whole quadrant but I really won't use it all. I will build off to one side so there's room for you if you want it.

-Minsc-

And I moved like 2 pieces of his redstone for it so I get the other half right?

I teleported to fuch (or someone) while I was in survival mode and near fell to my death right on one of the exposed hopper lines up top. My feather falling boots saved me with one heart from depositing all my items into Crispy's storage complex.

I take all the credit.

Edit:

On another note, I'm letting Isobelise work on my desert build north of spawn since I have no clue if I'll ever get to it on my own. She plans to build in creative but we're going to clear the sandstone out in survival. If anyone wants to stock up on survival sandstone then now is their chance. :)

please consider running it through mcamap.net for a top-down pixel:block view. will look rubbish, but very useful for planning. thanks!

I'll give it a go on a copy of gafland I grabbed a few days ago. If I have the dropbox space and the patience to sit through this thing doing it's crap I will plonk it up a bit later

In non-charlie casual speech :- oh yah I shall verily give it a goeth and if it be within my capacity I will naturally proceedeth to upload aforementioned item to thy fine internet.

Edit :-

Ok it kinda worked there are one or two areas that didn't render for some god only knows reason. If you want to see the map then here is the link :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ut2qmbvjpo5i3n/gafland-1_8-2.png?dl=0

it is probably best to hit the download button on that page and download the 63mb png file to your computer and launch it in your favourite picture viewer. I know some will baulk at a 62mb download but be thankful the original bmp was 1,200mbs

Tried joining but got error from java
Code:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information:

Im 100% new so do I need to be whitelisted from you guys? I see a bunch of whitelist requests so im assuming thats it but wanted to throw error out there if theres possibly another issue. If its whitelist can someone make it happen? same name as GaF

-Minsc-

Tried joining but got error from java
Code:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information:

Im 100% new so do I need to be whitelisted from you guys? I see a bunch of whitelist requests so im assuming thats it but wanted to throw error out there if theres possibly another issue. If its whitelist can someone make it happen? same name as GaF
I just added you to the whitelist, welcome to the server!

Not quite sure what that error is, if it had to do with not being whitelisted it would actually say something about not being whitelisted. If the error persists try searching it up on google.

Bentles

I did a productive thing today:
I built this nice little counter to put my brewing stands on.

i175Lqs.png

Okay maybe there was a bit more to it. Here's what's directly underneath that.

u3oY895.png

Etho made a pretty awesome auto-brewing system recently and I copied how it works but did my own version of the redstone for funzies. It's not as good but it works and does what I need so I'm happy.

I just added you to the whitelist, welcome to the server!

Not quite sure what that error is, if it had to do with not being whitelisted it would actually say something about not being whitelisted. If the error persists try searching it up on google.

TY I got in....walked for a few minutes in awe.
Ill do something when i got a bit more time.
Figured the error out....same as usual, end users a idiot

Fuchsdh

So what if you're at old spawn, but need to get to New Spawn/1.8 Town/Pioneer Town/Whateverthehelldrycalleditonthesign? You could take the unfinished and misogynistic red line, sure, but then that means you're validating that limey cat-lover! So why not try... The Orange Line?

Thats right, the Orange Line now runs from M's Happy Island south of Spawn to New Spawn Central.

If you're at the new Station you can find the track running from the downstairs N/S bound terminals.

The new and completed stops are as follows (heading south):

* Ocean Monument:

With easy sea level floor access to the monument. Beware of enemies!

* Altenau:

High peaks, forest, savanna, and the future home of Fuchs' Castle To Make Nihon Look Bad.

* Nordenberg:

Extreme Hills Biome with nearby birch and oak forests and 1.8 chunks.

* Snow Biome:

The edge of the previous line, with a Nether Portal, Sir Walter Taffy's sundries shop, and the Ice Spike Biome.

Sarcasm

Is there a place to test out stuff in creative? I saw a blaze spawner grinder setup I want to try but first I want to see if it works. It works SSP for sure but I don't know about SMP?

Also..can I change my freakin zombie spawner near my base to something else? lol

Just throwing this out there for a future community event idea.... A hilarious challenge to make the ugliest house! Make a town of terrible houses and the best/worst one gets... something?!

-Minsc-

Just throwing this out there for a future community event idea.... A hilarious challenge to make the ugliest house! Make a town of terrible houses and the best/worst one gets... something?!

I guess I'd better design the worlds worst Christmas sweater house.

Fuchsdh

But Dry's rail already exists.

:D

FTFY. Dry’s Estate is a well designed and magnificently landscaped landmark, it just happens to have overtaken a huge chunk of the map like Kudzu. If we let him he’d just make endless gardens stretching to the horizons. :p

Are you kidding, I am so done with gardens.

Also my glorious golden rainbow rail is the best thing on the server right now. Ya'll are just jealous of my immense talent.

Also also ark is a big dumb.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Wouldn't you just get a whole town full of 9x9x9 dirt cubes?

Still, trying to make an ugly house on purpose, its an interesting challenge.

Fuchsdh

Speaking of houses-- Nihon, I built my little place at Pioneer town and there's still like 2/3rds of that quadrant free if you wanted to build there as well.

Ark

Sounds like fun. Have a place in mind for it?

I'll have a place in mind as soon as our resident cartographer uploads the map :D

I already have some build ideas in mind. It definitely won't be almost 12k blocks away from civilisation though.

masud

Banned
Nihon you can have my hilltop plot overlooking Pioneer town if you want. That place is becoming too gaudy and 'creative' for my tastes.

Torraz

I have never played this game before, but I would like to give it a try. Would you guys suggest playing the pc version or the ps4 version? I watched some YouTube comparisons and couldn't really make up my mind. Is the ps4 version severely limited, and to simple with the crafting system, or would i be using a wiki anyways?

Thanks!

Crispy75

I have never played this game before, but I would like to give it a try. Would you guys suggest playing the pc version or the ps4 version? I watched some YouTube comparisons and couldn't really make up my mind. Is the ps4 version severely limited, and to simple with the crafting system, or would i be using a wiki anyways?

Thanks!

PC version is the definitive version and gets updates first, and has much better multiplayer. You'll be playing with a wiki no matter which version you get. (The PS4 version does have a tutorial, but it only covers the basics.)

Ark

How do you guys start a build? I'm trying to start Spookyville but actually finding somewhere to lay the founding blocks is so difficult. I always over-think Minecraft builds.

-Minsc-

PC version is the definitive version and gets updates first, and has much better multiplayer. You'll be playing with a wiki no matter which version you get. (The PS4 version does have a tutorial, but it only covers the basics.)
More importantly the PC version is where this crazy bunch plays. ;)

Bentles

Also you really wanna craft with a mouse. Mmmmmm.

Top Bottom