• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

r1chard

What wasn't working about it? Aside from the... side effects.. from actually making one, I don't remember having any issues. From what I remember, you can check what requirements are or are not met by right-clicking on an enchantment table with an unactivated sigil.
The first couple of times I tried it, my damn sacrifice must have been too far from the altar (yet still appearing close enough) because nothing happened when I sacrificed them. I made the mistake of not bringing a backup sacrifice the first couple of times, and then the third time (full days passing, so slowly, sooo slooooowly) I had a backup sheep but the first sacrifice worked!

I just suck at ritual sacrifice, apparently :)

Vlad

The first couple of times I tried it, my damn sacrifice must have been too far from the altar (yet still appearing close enough) because nothing happened when I sacrificed them. I made the mistake of not bringing a backup sacrifice the first couple of times, and then the third time (full days passing, so slowly, sooo slooooowly) I had a backup sheep but the first sacrifice worked!

I just suck at ritual sacrifice, apparently :)

Yeah, I think it needs to be right next to the enchanting table to work. But yeah, waiting for midnight to do it sucks, especially when you're doing it on a server and people keep sleeping.

I have a question. Is there ever any upside in completely filling in abandoned caves with blocks, even if they're well lit, or is it just a waste of time? Does doing so improve the performance of mob grinders?

Bentles

Hmm. But they breed anyhow, to fit the number of doors in a village, correct?

Yeah but with added constraints of having to have food or you having to trade with them for them to consider breeding. I think it's to stop those breeding setups from going crazy and making infinite villagers.

Fuchsdh

Yeah but with added constraints of having to have food or you having to trade with them for them to consider breeding. I think it's to stop those breeding setups from going crazy and making infinite villagers.

I'm pretty sure there was a limit to village size anyhow, though. I have enough villagers to spawn four or five golems for them at Fuchsbaum, but they're limited by numbers of doors, and they don't treat the far flung portions of the village as part of it--if I drag them to the edge they'll run back "home".

woolley

I'm pretty sure there was a limit to village size anyhow, though. I have enough villagers to spawn four or five golems for them at Fuchsbaum, but they're limited by numbers of doors, and they don't treat the far flung portions of the village as part of it--if I drag them to the edge they'll run back "home".

That's not how the old automated villager breeders worked before 1.8. All you had to do was keep the villagers about 30 blocks(or something like that) away from the breeding station and you would be able to have an infinite amount of villagers.

Sarcasm

There was always a limit even pre 1.8

Now you have to trade or "feed" to increase willingness. One way was any brown clothed would farm and throw it around so other villagers would "feed".

The only way is to trade..every time. And so far can't do same trade every time.

As it stands its faster to convert zombie villagers into villagers than breeding.

Bentles

There was always a limit even pre 1.8

Now you have to trade or "feed" to increase willingness. One way was any brown clothed would farm and throw it around so other villagers would "feed".

The only way is to trade..every time. And so far can't do same trade every time.

As it stands its faster to convert zombie villagers into villagers than breeding.

I quickly bred up a sizeable population on my friend's server by just spamming doors and unlocking trades. But on gafland I have 2 villagers who refuse to procreate. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with you! :p

gblues

Banned
Tantagel castle is now (mostly) connected to rail! It's out past Spookyville. I'm calling the new area Alefgard, for obvious reasons.

While I've got the path and the track laid, I still need to get the powered rails done. I've got them about 25% complete, but I'd appreciate help if anyone feels so inclined.

It's done!

I've tried to make the rail path fairly scenic, so I hope people enjoy it. :

Time-lapse video:

http://youtu.be/gbekYjQks2E

Fuchsdh

Tantagel castle is now (mostly) connected to rail! It's out past Spookyville. I'm calling the new area Alefgard, for obvious reasons.

While I've got the path and the track laid, I still need to get the powered rails done. I've got them about 25% complete, but I'd appreciate help if anyone feels so inclined.

It's done!

I've tried to make the rail path fairly scenic, so I hope people enjoy it. :

Time-lapse video:

http://youtu.be/gbekYjQks2E

So did you build the rail off the swamp station before Spookyville?

gblues

Banned
So did you build the rail off the swamp station before Spookyville?

Yeah, I built it into the north side of the station, right by Mittens' kiosk:

3tsUdBC.png

Fuchsdh

Anyone know where i can find one of those gravel mountains? I need a mountain of gravel...

I've got lots of spare gravel, only question is how to get it to you... need to migrate a lot more of my supplies from Fuchsbaum to my new castle project, so I guess I'll be schlepping it along the rails.

masud

Banned
Phase 2 of the guardian grinder is halfway done...

bpFwXKL.png

I've got lots of spare gravel, only question is how to get it to you... need to migrate a lot more of my supplies from Fuchsbaum to my new castle project, so I guess I'll be schlepping it along the rails.

Cool. If you put it in some chests for me I can take the train up to your place and get it. I need like 3 chests if you can spare it.

Fuchsdh

Phase 2 of the guardian grinder is halfway done...

bpFwXKL.png

Cool. If you put it in some chests for me I can take the train up to your place and get it. I need like 3 chests if you can spare it.

I've got a double chest and change full. I've left it at the Altenau station on the Orange Line, so it should be a bit closer to where you're building (or at least a less indirect route.)

So, I'm thinking of setting up a pig racing event later this month or early next month for everyone to participate in. Would there be interest?

I'm down to race. This going to be on some course or whatnot?

Yeah, the thought was back in the day when we had both worlds, that we'd race on both the Mario Kart tracks and some custom-made temporary tracks around people's builds (my first fortress, Minsc's cloud village, etc.).

At this point, I think we might use shadowpuppet's racing track near the original spawn town and some temporary courses around the server.

If folks are interested in participating either as a course maker and/or racer, that's cool. I think we'll try to use Mumble again to get as many folks as we can in there.

Pigs/saddles/etc. is stuff we can supply via creative mode for each race so we don't have to take our pigs all over the map unless we want to. :p

masud

Banned
My jungle estate would make a good race track, everythings on a large circular path, might have to make a couple modifications.

If anyone was looking for a modded server, I put one up for a few friends and don't mind having gaffers join in. Quote for technic pack link and IP.

I'll post what's in the pack, but it's fairly similar to the last mod server.

If anyone was looking for a modded server, I put one up for a few friends and don't mind having gaffers join in. Quote for technic pack link and IP.

I'll give it a look. Thanks!

Vlad

Woo! I'm all for it! <crosses fingers that the most recent Thaumcraft is included>

Woo! I'm all for it! <crosses fingers that the most recent Thaumcraft is included>

It is.

Here's the mod list:

Advanced Machines
Applied Energistics 2
Back Pack
BiblioCraft
Big Reactors
BuildCraft
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel 2
Code Chicken Core
CoFH Core
Damage Indicators
Dimensional Anchor
EnderIO
EnderBook
Ender Storage
Extra Utilities
Fishing Nets
Forge Multipart
Galacticraft Core
Galacticraft Planets
Gany's Nether
Gravestone
Highlands
Hopper Duct
Immibis Core
Immibis Microblocks
Industrial Craft 2
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chest
JABBA
Liquid XP
Mekanism
Mekanism Generators
Mekanism Tools
Micdoodle Core
Mine Factory Reloaded
Morpheus
NEI
NEI Addons
Open Computers
Pam's HarvestCraft
Project Red (ALL)
Railcraft
Red Logic
RedstoneArsenal
Resonant Engine
Roguelike
Ruins
Secret Rooms Mod
Simple Ender Things
Thaumcraft
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Treecapitator
Waila
WR-CBE

Fancy spreadsheet with mod versions can be found here

Helllooo

I've been eyeing this game for sometime. I've been watching a bunch of twitch streams and all I see is a bunch of people having a ton of fun.

I've never tried a game like this so I was wondering how easy is it to get into? I don't know anyone else that plays Minecraft so is like to jump in on GAF's server if possible. How active is the server btw?

Fuchsdh

Helllooo

I've been eyeing this game for sometime. I've been watching a bunch of twitch streams and all I see is a bunch of people having a ton of fun.

I've never tried a game like this so I was wondering how easy is it to get into? I don't know anyone else that plays Minecraft so is like to jump in on GAF's server if possible. How active is the server btw?

We've usually got a few people on, depends on what time zone you frequent. Usually Dry and Charlie are the perennials. I haven't been on much recently because of work :(

Minecraft's pretty straightforward to get into; I recommend keeping the Minecraft Wiki nearby for crafting recipes until you get the hang of them, though. And asking people on the server can help too.

Top Bottom