• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

I tend to like spruce for my building, especially since I think it works well with all the wood types if you're mixing and matching (even jungle.)

You can cure the big nosed zombies with a golden apple and a potion of weakness.

The number of times I've killed myself curing zombie villagers... (and then they pick up my armor which disappears when they turn human again :p)

Holkin

You mean the stairs under the ledge? I think the dark oak looks good in that pic.

That are good. I'm asking about roof.
I planned to make kinda viking type roof. Or maybe french.
There is also idea of flat roof or some construction of fences. But I prefer just viking type.
http://s17.photobucket.com/user/cwn_annwn_/media/060307P101004238.jpg.html

add

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/2014/tavern21.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/2014/tavern22.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/2014/tavern23.png
Roof made of spruce blocks.

woolley

Well I came on the server and I may or may not of hit a zombie pigman. And these zombie pigmen may or may not be glitched and constantly spawning in angry.

Fuchsdh

260,001 / 64,00000 / -778,752.

You other countries with your usage of commas instead of periods. I was about to ask how the hell you got two hundred and sixty thousand blocks away from spawn :)

Sounds close enough to be tenable. I shall try and get on and deliver you some noble steeds this evening for me (also I've got some spare horse armor from my cave diving.)

Pachimari

You other countries with your usage of commas instead of periods. I was about to ask how the hell you got two hundred and sixty thousand blocks away from spawn :)

Sounds close enough to be tenable. I shall try and get on and deliver you some noble steeds this evening for me (also I've got some spare horse armor from my cave diving.)

Normally I use dots but I just figured I should copy what it said in Minecraft and it used commas. :D

Sarcasm

Well I came on the server and I may or may not of hit a zombie pigman. And these zombie pigmen may or may not be glitched and constantly spawning in angry.

Make a safe place and afk for 20 or so minutes (more). They will turn non-angry but it takes time.

masud

Banned
The grinder/sorter part of the guardian grinder is done, just have to finish decorating a couple rooms. The outside is still a ways off...

woolley

Make a safe place and afk for 20 or so minutes (more). They will turn non-angry but it takes time.

It's not that they're angry, I can handle that. But they're spawning in angry which they ,shouldn't be doing, so no matter where I go in the nether there are angry zombie pigmen.

Sarcasm

It's not that they're angry, I can handle that. But they're spawning in angry which they ,shouldn't be doing, so no matter where I go in the nether there are angry zombie pigmen.

That is how it was for me..near the start of the 1.8 thing.

I hit one and they all spawned angry.

Unless I am reading you wrong still lol, but that how it works. You just have to keep the chunk loaded while the invisible timer ticks off.

Wellllllll this is sorta minecraft related. I got a new wittle baby PC today. It's an absolutely fab Linx 10.1 Intel quad core with FULL windows 8.1. Now for a long time I have been criticising Windows 8/8.1 and calling it shit without trying it. Well I have tried it and it's still shit. But that aint why I am posting.

I wonder if anyone can guess what was the first thing I installed on this tablet after Steam ;-). Yup it was Minecraft using their new fancy "java included" launcher and so far from what I have seen the game plays pretty damn well on this modest 1.3ghz quadcore with 2gbs of RAM. I haven't had a chance to play Minecraft properly because using the touch screen with the PC version of Minecraft is impossible. I have ordered a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and once they get here I will shove a few videos up of performance. However for now here is a pic :-

lurb said:
rYGxmNC.jpg

NeoCraft #125 is now up for those of you who like watching that stuff.

The lack of a lot of different stair types pisses me off. Why can't we have wool stairs (or slabs)? :mad:

Ah, game burn out. I know it well.

Last modded server I played let you throw down a stair frame and then you could click any block onto it to turn it into stairs. Was SO AMAZING to make stairs out of aaaaaaaaaanything!

Holkin

I think the idea of stairs was just moving upward without jumping.
Full blocks was always too rough, and that was the rule of the game. If you want more smooth building blocks you should request whole new concept of vertical half-blocks of all materials (except leaves and wheat maybe) and diagonal (and maybe curved) surfaces. Octagonal towers will look great.

Fuchsdh

I think the idea of stairs was just moving upward without jumping.
Full blocks was always too rough, and that was the rule of the game. If you want more smooth building blocks you should request whole new concept of vertical half-blocks of all materials (except leaves and wheat maybe) and diagonal (and maybe curved) surfaces. Octagonal towers will look great.

It's definitely a balancing act of when you make too granular a blockset. I think stairs are a nice compromise along with slabs. Horizontal gradients will always be rougher than vertical ones but I prefer a simpler design. Plus, stairs are easy to remember recipe-wise.

Ah, game burn out. I know it well.

Last modded server I played let you throw down a stair frame and then you could click any block onto it to turn it into stairs. Was SO AMAZING to make stairs out of aaaaaaaaaanything!

You can do it with many of the wood and stone blocks in TerraFirmaCraft with a chisel.

Fuchsdh

It took me a while, but I managed to make it back to spawn in one piece.
btw is the map in OP outdated?

Oh yeah. Not sure why it's not updating.

Also, Christmastown is getting Christmassier by the minute. And since you guys are bastards I'm making the place less of a deathtrap for survival players.

r_x2

Also, Christmastown is getting Christmassier by the minute. And since you guys are bastards I'm making the place less of a deathtrap for survival players.

Does Christmastown have a giant Clocktower, because I didn't see anything dangerous there, on my way back.

I finally got my wireless mouse and keyboard today which meant I could finally put this Linx 10 tablet through it's paces (seriously windows 8.1 is a failure with touchscreen metro or no bloody metro).

Anyway as expected I certainly won't be in a hurrry to stop playing on my i5 + GTX670 any time soon. Framerate on this lil tablet ranged from 2fps to 40fps in places. The whole experience wasn't "playable" but it was servicable. I videod the whole proceedings if anyone wants to check out the video :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YnBKXbV3Q

Hell give it another couple of years and the PC version of Minecraft might just be playable on these cheap win 8.1 tablets.

Fuchsdh

I finally got my wireless mouse and keyboard today which meant I could finally put this Linx 10 tablet through it's paces (seriously windows 8.1 is a failure with touchscreen metro or no bloody metro).

Anyway as expected I certainly won't be in a hurrry to stop playing on my i5 + GTX670 any time soon. Framerate on this lil tablet ranged from 2fps to 40fps in places. The whole experience wasn't "playable" but it was servicable. I videod the whole proceedings if anyone wants to check out the video :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YnBKXbV3Q

Hell give it another couple of years and the PC version of Minecraft might just be playable on these cheap win 8.1 tablets.

I'm guessing the limiting factor here is the CPU? A Macbook Air with an HD4000 could play MC no problem, so either the clock isn't high enough or maybe it just throttles itself immediately?

r_x2

just outside of Christmas Town is a zombie spawner at:

X -741
Y 63
Z -1990

maybe something can be done with that.
probably too late

Fuchsdh

just outside of Christmas Town is a zombie spawner at:

X -741
Y 63
Z -1990

maybe something can be done with that.
probably too late

Wait, right out in the open? I've never seen spawners that close to the surface. Huh.

You can just stick torches on it and it will stop spawning.

Also, thanks to Nihon, I've been watching a lot of ultra-hardcore videos. Looks like fun, I shall have to try a game. It'd be no way to play a persistent world but for PvP it sounds like a lot of fun.

r_x2

Wait, right out in the open? I've never seen spawners that close to the surface. Huh.

Nah. I wanted to take a closer look at the clock, but didn't bring any blocks to pillar up...
so I took a look around for a place to dig for some dirt/cobble and found it.

Fuchsdh

Nah. I wanted to take a closer look at the clock, but didn't bring any blocks to pillar up...
so I took a look around for a place to dig for some dirt/cobble and found it.

Is it outside the wall or inside? If it's outside it shouldn't matter at all now, if it's inside I might pop over there and take care of it, but after I built the wall I switched back to my survival mode.

r_x2

Is it outside the wall or inside? If it's outside it shouldn't matter at all now, if it's inside I might pop over there and take care of it, but after I built the wall I switched back to my survival mode.

I jumped a fence in the corner.
outside I guess

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, it's been a few weeks since I played Minecraft and I'm getting that urge again like I always do when I don't play Minecraft for too long of a time, lol. But Elite Dangerous has me by the balls for right now, galavanting around space is just too much fun.

Maybe I'll get the chance to hop on to the server for a bit this weekend. I'm sure I could spend all weekend simply sightseeing what people have built lately....

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What are everyone's favorite servers?

edit: How do I get whitelisted for the GAF server?

My kids wanted to play minecraft PS4 with their friend who is in a different region, who got it for christmas.

but currently minecraft is different versions in different PSN regions. The USA version is outdated.

thus, no multiplayer is allowed (error message about versions).

This situation sucks balls.

r_x2

I just finished building a firework station, on top of Gafcentral.
nothing special
I will leave it up for 2 weeks, so everyone gets a chance to use it.
atleast donate some material for the fireworks

Hope you all enjoy.

Fuchsdh

I just finished building a firework station, on top of Gafcentral.
nothing special
I will leave it up for 2 weeks, so everyone gets a chance to use it.
atleast donate some material for the fireworks

Hope you all enjoy.

I've stocked up the firework stations with a mishmash of GAF-colored 'works. Exhausted almost all my gunpowder though. Left a chest up top to craft more with some extraneous supplies. I kept wasting materials on regular fireworks that apparently don't shoot any particles. D'oh.

X58yF2H.gif

Crispy75

My sister-in-law bought Minecraft for my Brother for xmas.

Proper time sink, I can see already.
Great fun though! Dig dig dig, munch munch munch.
=======
I can't stop thinking about that game.
I want to crack on with all my home improvements.
Windows! A door!
=======
Can't find any sheep to make a bloody bed!
I find it's consuming my every waking thought.

He's been bitten bad :D

belushy

Banned
Haven't been on the server or in this thread for a while but still wanted to wish you all a Happy new year. Hopefully I get a computer soon that doesn't run this game like poop

Hey, guys. Long time, no see.

After years of playing Vanilla Minecraft, my girlfriend and I have finally decided to look into mods to make it better. What kinds of things do you recommend? I'm looking for things that make big changes, not just small tweaks. Something to make it feel like a whole new game. New biomes, ores, mobs, objectives, and things like that. I know there are modpacks, too, that add tons of stuff, so I'm just wondering if you guys have any ideas which ones are good, because there's thousands.

Top Bottom