• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-SD-

Banned
Anyone else as excited as I am about proper dirt roads being added into the game? Right-click a shovel on a grass block and you get this:

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/557538265419759616
iIyy941.png

Community-suggested addition, by the way: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/2sqwu6/i_made_a_road_simple_yet_so_much_nicer_than/

VYgk9rU.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Those roads look great! Any idea how we make them yet? Is it simply a new type of dirt block that sits a bit below the default ground level? Looks to be basically the same height as a tilled dirt block, so maybe it's just a tilled block with a reskin?

Maybe it's like a packed dirt type of block that you can craft by combining one dirt and one gravel block...

I wonder if snow will accumulate on them. Does snow accumulate on tilled dirt blocks? I don't even know, lol.

Fuchsdh

Those roads look great! Any idea how we make them yet? Is it simply a new type of dirt block that sits a bit below the default ground level? Looks to be basically the same height as a tilled dirt block, so maybe it's just a tilled block with a reskin?

Maybe it's like a packed dirt type of block that you can craft by combining one dirt and one gravel block...

I wonder if snow will accumulate on them. Does snow accumulate on tilled dirt blocks? I don't even know, lol.

Jeez, Mengy, look at things besides the pretty pictures :p

Anyone else as excited as I am about proper dirt roads being added into the game? Right-click a shovel on a grass block and you get this:

(Adding gravel to dirt gives you rough dirt that doesn't turn to grass in 1.8).

As for your other questions though, those are interesting. Yeah, it looks like the same thing as a tilled dirt block. Dunno about snow affecting those.

belushy

Banned
I had just read that thread the other day and then the next day Jeb adds it to the game. Pretty sweet.

Now they need to add coloured clay slabs, stairs, and bricks. :)

edit: oh and make carpenters block a thing in vanilla

Grinchy

Banned
I really like the look of the grass being raised up a little above the road, but it's a shame it can't be done with all materials.

x-drake

Neo Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_5PuFGM4o
Since I got a GTX 970, thought I'll try Shadow play and create some YouTube videos.

but I'm a newb and I got no mic, so I had to put the 360 headset, into the pad and insert the usb in and use its mic...

Any ideas on what I can do for vids. I got minecraft, the witcher 1/2, unity, sleeping dogs, civ 5, CK2, saints row, the walking dead, Dynasty warriors and more games.

Whats the best new mods. Might do a lets play, if I can get on a server or rent one later.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoJKWXeGIXR-0g3OfOF2TCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_5PuFGM4o

Fuchsdh

Right at the beginning of the vid.

I assume you can reach it via the Stronghold to the east of Thorn's/west of Nihon. I believe I tracked the cyan line to it as well.

r_x2

So here's the deal
After discovering the sorry state the Nether Fort at Spawn is in and trying to farm withers in it, I decided to head out in search of another Fortress, I found one and it is a prime candidate for a wither farm:
floating in lava
a bunch of intersections
the whole Shabang

here's the problem I got a bunch of Quartz Blocks and loot on me and I'm out of food so I'm stuck.
I'd really appreciate it if some form of "A-Team" could organize a rescue mission, and leave me a chest with food at the following coordinats
Y 53
Z -674
I'm in the Box :(
I'm willing to pay in Quartz!!
Please Help!

-Minsc-

So here's the deal
After discovering the sorry state the Nether Fort at Spawn is in and trying to farm withers in it, I decided to head out in search of another Fortress, I found one and it is a prime candidate for a wither farm:
floating in lava
a bunch of intersections
the whole Shabang

here's the problem I got a bunch of Quartz Blocks and loot on me and I'm out of food so I'm stuck.
I'd really appreciate it if some form of "A-Team" could organize a rescue mission, and leave me a chest with food at the following coordinats
Y 53
Z -674
I'm in the Box :(
I'm willing to pay in Quartz!!
Please Help!

I left a little gift for you. :)

r_x2

I left a little gift for you. :)

Thank you

to celebrate this moment I shall declare this weekend "Minsc-end"
everyone who leaves a chest at old spawn
place it on the gaf logo
with a sign saying:

"Habba habba hub hub give me some gub gub" and his username
will receive a stack of quartz

example

"Habba habba
hub hub give me
some gub gub"
-rikui_x2

r_x2

Wither Fight!

This weekend
1, February 2015 (Sunday)

Where?
X -677
Y 63
Z - 1022
or follow the cobble in the nether leading there
old spawn

Times?

7 pm CET
1 pm EST
10 pm PST

Everyone's invited, but make sure you come in Survival.

-Minsc-

Wither Fight!

This weekend

Where?
X -677
Y 63
Z - 1022
old spawn

Times?

7 pm CET
1 am EST
10 pm PST

I assume that's Sunday evening? That'll be 2:00am for me so I'll be asleep by that time.

woolley

The server seems to be restarting a lot. Also the pigmen are acting weird again so I don't know if they have anything to do with each other.

I updated the hallway to get to the End. If someone was planning on doing something else with it then your more then welcome to change it, I just wanted to get it fixed up.

Fuchsdh

I'm telling Fuch to convert my 2:00am AST time to 10:00pm PST.

But for you, it's still not Sunday :)

Anyhow, on an actual productive note, if you're a filthy animal who likes walking around the overworld instead of running rails or taking a trip through the nether, good news! I've been sprucing up Ranger's paths and connecting roadways east of old spawn. Route 2 East reaches Dry's estate and will go to at least Vyk's Castle once I get there. Route 5 North passes by a mesa village and heads to Fuchsbaum. Every ~500 blocks or so there's a rest house where you can spend the night safely. More roads coming soon!

r_x2

Wither Fight!

This weekend

Where?
X -677
Y 63
Z - 1022
old spawn

Times?

7 pm CET
1 pm EST
10 pm PST

Update!

I added some fortification to the battlefield and provided potions, bows and some of my finest horses.
for the lulz
please bring your own saddle/armour.
you may keep the horse, if it survives.

Update!

I added some fortification to the battlefield and provided potions, bows and some of my finest horses.
for the lulz
please bring your own saddle/armour.
you may keep the horse, if it survives.

Is that 1 am Eastern on Monday, then? I'd like to be there but 1 am would be too late for me. Just want to get the time right.

EDIT: Wait, if it's 7 p.m. Central Europe time, that's 1 p.m. Eastern, not 1 a.m. We're only -5 GMT.

-Minsc-

Is that 1 am Eastern on Monday, then? I'd like to be there but 1 am would be too late for me. Just want to get the time right.

EDIT: Wait, if it's 7 p.m. Central Europe time, that's 1 p.m. Eastern, not 1 a.m. We're only -5 GMT.

Wait, what? So it's 1:00pm EST? This means it's 2:00pm AST. Awesome, the infamous Mountie can join in the fun after all.

Top Bottom