• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Ranger X

But for you, it's still not Sunday :)

Anyhow, on an actual productive note, if you're a filthy animal who likes walking around the overworld instead of running rails or taking a trip through the nether, good news! I've been sprucing up Ranger's paths and connecting roadways east of old spawn. Route 2 East reaches Dry's estate and will go to at least Vyk's Castle once I get there. Route 5 North passes by a mesa village and heads to Fuchsbaum. Every ~500 blocks or so there's a rest house where you can spend the night safely. More roads coming soon!

Oh cool. Its been forever I been in this thread and now I read this. I will go have a look.
:)

Ranger X

Fuchsdh
Been wandering in my trails. I really like the signalisation you did. We should team up for more trails in the futur. I love making those and having an organised signalisation is just cool.

Rikui
Thanks for the snowmen! Its been forever I've been to my fortress, this stupid thing made my day still. :p
I will keep it.

-SD-

Banned
Player name changing is said to be possible starting today.

EDIT: Just did it at https://account.mojang.com and it works in game! Had to use _ instead of -, though.

2015-02-04_12.15.49aarh8.png

Fuchsdh

Fuchsdh
Been wandering in my trails. I really like the signalisation you did. We should team up for more trails in the futur. I love making those and having an organised signalisation is just cool.

Rikui
Thanks for the snowmen! Its been forever I've been to my fortress, this stupid thing made my day still. :p
I will keep it.

Glad you like them :) I was going to build another road E-W by the new Great Pyramid/Minsc's Desert Fortress, but I think I've extended Route 2 as far as it'll go for now—I'm not sure if there's anyone further east than the jungle spot I've found.

Going to go back to cleaning up and extending the rail lines, especially the green and grey.

And I've been touching up the various nether portals. Unless two portals are on top of each other, you can stick them on whatever Y coord you want and they'll still link...

Eventually I'll get back to my builds, but doing transit stuff is strangely relaxing...

Ranger X

And I've been touching up the various nether portals. Unless two portals are on top of each other, you can stick them on whatever Y coord you want and they'll still link...

Eventually I'll get back to my builds, but doing transit stuff is strangely relaxing...

Yeah I love making paths for whatever reason. I like to also plan the route so I kill the less trees possible and dig the less land possible too. Environnement conscious path work. lol

By the way, I don't why much Minecraft users don't know that but a portal will always link to the nearest in the other world. So if they are placed carefully, its possible to put alot of portals in a small area.

next week
february 8
same time
another wither fight

Any chance we can make it a little earlier? I have visitors coming around that time so if it's an hour or two earlier, it'd make my schedule a little less ... crazy.

Also, in unrelated news, NeoCraft #132 is up with a lot of talking about the two dirtiest words in Let's Playing:
"free advertising."

zer0das

Banned
Finally got my place's outer walls connected... at least the base layer. Still have to get the walls to an even height. Getting this far has taken ~10,000 cobblestone blocks. Probably going to work on getting connected to the rail line shortly.

Fuchsdh

Finally got my place's outer walls connected... at least the base layer. Still have to get the walls to an even height. Getting this far has taken ~10,000 cobblestone blocks. Probably going to work on getting connected to the rail line shortly.

What's your coords again? Trying to think of which rail line it would actually make sense to stick you on.

Any chance we can make it a little earlier? I have visitors coming around that time so if it's an hour or two earlier, it'd make my schedule a little less ... crazy.

Also, in unrelated news, NeoCraft #132 is up with a lot of talking about the two dirtiest words in Let's Playing:
"free advertising."

I really enjoy the "real talk" intermissions between your usual eps. :)

Also, if anyone's really wedded to the old Nether road, cobble guard rails and all, speak now or forever hold your peace. Planning on ripping it out and replacing with more Woolley-styled enclosed paths.

And I think the Wither arena could do with some enclosing walls, what say you Rikui?

zer0das

Banned
-3500, 72, -152... it's going to be magenta line, I'm pretty much straight west of it minus some zig zagging to get past water in places. Even better, I have maps!

Although I might have Isla de Nowayout and San Ashgadia confused.... not entirely sure without actually taking the line.

Fuchsdh

-3500, 72, -152... it's going to be magenta line, I'm pretty much straight west of it minus some zig zagging to get past water in places. Even better, I have maps!

Although I might have Isla de Nowayout and San Ashgadia confused.... not entirely sure without actually taking the line.

Haha, yeah that's San Ashgadia. Isla de Nowayout is small and in the ocean.

I think someone's already extended the rails west past the Westenberg station I built next to Evil's Hobbit hole, so it may already be further towards you.

Fine by me, but please write down the times.

Wow I totally don't remember there being so much room inside of it, maybe I'll build one for myself somewhere.

Best times for me would be:

5 p.m. CET
4 p.m. UTC
11 a.m. Eastern
8 a.m. Pacific

-or-

6 p.m. CET
5 p.m. UTC
noon Eastern
9 a.m. Pacific

Ranger X

Thanks to that freaking name change (finallly), I will be RangerX_ in-game.

Nihon, check your surroundings, I left you a couple of sign posts.

Ranger X

Nice, first time I see the wither boss mob. He seems tuff.
Which there was so many more weapons and different mobs to fit them.

zer0das

Banned
My rail station/lines are essentially complete, so the magenta line goes further west now. Koopa Keep is west of Westenberg, if anyone wants to visit. I need a few more powered rails to finish off the last 10% of one of the rails (I ran out of gold ingots) and the station isn't done cosmetically, but it'll work.

There's not an awful lot to look at aside from my walls. Also I'm connected to the nether hub now, but you have to follow a cobblestone path off the hub a bit. I'll fix that sooner or later, but I've mostly been working on mapping/trying to find gold to finish the very end of my rail line.

Fuchsdh

My rail station/lines are essentially complete, so the magenta line goes further west now. Koopa Keep is west of Westenberg, if anyone wants to visit. I need a few more powered rails to finish off the last 10% of one of the rails (I ran out of gold ingots) and the station isn't done cosmetically, but it'll work.

There's not an awful lot to look at aside from my walls. Also I'm connected to the nether hub now, but you have to follow a cobblestone path off the hub a bit. I'll fix that sooner or later, but I've mostly been working on mapping/trying to find gold to finish the very end of my rail line.

I can drop off some powered rails at the rail station east of you today if you want.

elyetis

The stuff after the modding API bit is so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2We5sLDVrw
Impresive how a video can be funny and sad ( because it's pretty much true, sadly ) at the same time.

I'm actually angry at myself for even thinking before clicking that it would actually be a video about someone from mojang giving real info about the modding API. So many year went by and it seems I still have a silver line of hope that it wont take 5 more year for them to make it and speak about it.

Fuchsdh

One thing is definitely certain: official tools, even if they're more limited, are always better in usage and real-world utilization than third-party efforts. The pain of creating and troubleshooting and updating different profiles to work with X number of mods is something that strongly turned me off from using any of them.

Mik2121

Haha, yeah that's San Ashgadia. Isla de Nowayout is small and in the ocean.

I think someone's already extended the rails west past the Westenberg station I built next to Evil's Hobbit hole, so it may already be further towards you.

Didn't know there was another hobbit hole besides mine next to the main station!

Gosh, I need to get back to this game...

Top Bottom