• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Yeah, Ranger, we have to redirect that road. You built right through a temporary access point for me. That was not a permanent entrance point and now there's a road going through where a giant wall is supposed to be. :(

av2k

Can anyone recommend the best coop mods for my little brothers and I to play?

Mods such as base building/defending against hoards or a great rpg adventure mod?

Sorry, I'm new to minecraft mods but not minecraft itself. Thanks guys!

Anyhow, think about it if you want to link with the south, green line, grey line, etc.
I thought it would be cool. Or I'll help you rework the surroundings, I don't know.

I have an idea on how we can link the path together. We'll need to rip out the path that's there now and reroute it a different way, though. I'll try to be on next time you're on so we can work it out.

Also, in related news, the last of the Mystery Trilogy episodes is up! First time I've ever taken on an ocean temple, and it was very exciting.

I knew it was you, Fuchs. I didn't expect your helpers to be who they were, but I should have known :p

Fuchsdh

I have an idea on how we can link the path together. We'll need to rip out the path that's there now and reroute it a different way, though. I'll try to be on next time you're on so we can work it out.

Also, in related news, the last of the Mystery Trilogy episodes is up! First time I've ever taken on an ocean temple, and it was very exciting.

I knew it was you, Fuchs. I didn't expect your helpers to be who they were, but I should have known :p

VNSL2Yc.gif

I didn't actually do the first adventure you went on, though, they were just the inspiration for mine. So you still have a mystery unsolved :D

Also, you can totally blame Rikui for the maze. The lava wasn't a death sentence, btw.

r_x2

VNSL2Yc.gif

Also, you can totally blame Rikui for the maze. The lava wasn't a death sentence, btw.

Well the first maze was to easy, and yeah the lava isn't deadly anymore...

fuchs asked me if I could help him build the mountain and it kinda went from there :D

-Minsc-

That's quite the treasure you pillaged. :)

My involvement was nothing but a footnote.

Seriously, all I did was place some command blocks and spawners. The other two boys deserve the applause. :)

Ranger X

Around what time are you playing? Lets say Eastern Times New York...

Around what time are you playing? Lets say Eastern Times New York...

Let's see ...

Thursday night, probably sometime between 7 and 10 p.m.

Friday night, need to wait and see how things go. Possible same times.

Saturday, any time before about ... maybe 4 p.m.? Got some real life work to do that day, I think.

masud

Banned
Went into the nether for the first time in a while, who's extending the purple hall? whoever it is put the half slabs are at a whole y number so pigmen can spawn. I blocked those parts of the halls for now.

Fuchsdh

Went into the nether for the first time in a while, who's extending the purple hall? whoever it is put the half slabs are at a whole y number so pigmen can spawn. I blocked those parts of the halls for now.

Zombie pigmen aren't hostile, so why does it matter?

-SD-

Banned
Pigmen warning.

Accidentally hit one of them and now they are ANRGY. Logged off, did something else for a couple hours, went back in and they were still in a really bad mood.

-Minsc-

Pigmen warning.

Accidentally hit one of them and now they are ANRGY. Logged off, did something else for a couple hours, went back in and they were still in a really bad mood.
All part of the fun of the game. Shall we assemble an A-Team tonight to wipe them out?

Vlad

Pigmen warning.

If I'm remembering correctly, they'll stay angry for a set amount of time, but the chunk needs to be loaded. So, if the applicable chunk in the nether stays unloaded, then they'll never calm back down.

Crispy75

If I'm remembering correctly, they'll stay angry for a set amount of time, but the chunk needs to be loaded. So, if the applicable chunk in the nether stays unloaded, then they'll never calm back down.
Yep. Best way to de agro them is just hole yourself up in the wall until you hear them stop growling

Holkin

I prefer killing em all with one hit of diamond enchanted sword under strength potion.
Apr 14 gold blocks before they calm down.

woolley

The problem with pigmen is that they're bugged in 1.8 I've stayed in the nether for like 2 hours before and they were still angry at me. It wasn't until I stopped playing for a couple of days that the stopped.

zer0das

Banned
My map of the known GAFland is coming along nicely. Made it to Fuchsbaum on foot from spawn... I think I ran across it once before, but got myself killed shortly after falling off a cliff north of there. Nearly encountered the same fate but managed to vault back to the cliff after a creeper nearly blew me off. Splotches because the fog blends in with the desert is kind of annoying, but meh.

http://i.imgur.com/Jxx9HHf.png

Also please tell me I'm not the only one who sees Luigi riding Yoshi in the middle map on the far left.

Fuchsdh

My map of the known GAFland is coming along nicely. Made it to Fuchsbaum on foot from spawn... I think I ran across it once before, but got myself killed shortly after falling off a cliff north of there. Nearly encountered the same fate but managed to vault back to the cliff after a creeper nearly blew me off. Splotches because the fog blends in with the desert is kind of annoying, but meh.

http://i.imgur.com/Jxx9HHf.png

Also please tell me I'm not the only one who sees Luigi riding Yoshi in the middle map on the far left.

Ah, your trek makes more sense why you're constantly dying :p

Quite the impressive trek! I haven't been anywhere out west of you except way up north by Pioneer Town so I'll be interesting in going off that way sometime. Fuchsbaum is nearly complete, I think.

zer0das

Banned
I actually don't die that frequently when exploring. I probably have fewer than 15 deaths from making those maps, so about once per map on average. Although the two losses of diamond armor with enchantments were to that. The deaths rack up after I've lost my armor and I'm dinking around at home.

Speaking of, I didn't encounter that guardian that instagibbed me when I was passing by that area the 2nd time. Didn't even see a water temple. So no idea how that one happened. I guess in the long run it was fine because my current set of armor's enchantments are way better and I started building them up after getting pissed at those two deaths.

I also started building some safety features into my place, so its less dangerous at night, which has also helped.

I need to get back into the GAF server at some point.

I've actually been toying around with 1.8.3 locally of late. Not a huge fan of the new types of stone, though, particularly since Andesite looks a lot like Iron ore deposits with the Painterly Pack setup I'm using. (Also kind of annoyed that the Painterly Pack threw out the unique brick design for Prismarine bricks and just offered generic blue bricks instead. Boo.) Still, they do seem to have added a fair bit to the game in 1.8 as a whole, haven't they?

Fuchsdh

I need to get back into the GAF server at some point.

I've actually been toying around with 1.8.3 locally of late. Not a huge fan of the new types of stone, though, particularly since Andesite looks a lot like Iron ore deposits with the Painterly Pack setup I'm using. (Also kind of annoyed that the Painterly Pack threw out the unique brick design for Prismarine bricks and just offered generic blue bricks instead. Boo.) Still, they do seem to have added a fair bit to the game in 1.8 as a whole, haven't they?

I'm mostly lukewarm on the new stone types, as only andesite gets much use from me (although the polished versions of each have their place), but the unique wooden doors, fences, and gates are probably my favorite addition, as well as craftable mossy and cracked versions of stone bricks. Makes beating up a build or adding variety much easier.

I stay away from a lot of texturepacks for the reason you describe—new changes can result in some ugly additions. I like texture packs that look good *and* stay fairly close to the original look so I don't design something that looks awesome in my pack and looks ugly to everyone else, so I've been using the Faithful 32 pack and enjoying it greatly. A slight boost to fidelity without really changing much.

I have been working on adapting a Bioshock-themed pack, and there if you aren't using it everything looks horrifying :)

It's usually pretty good about offering at least one option for every block that's damn close to the original texture; not sure why this one's so different.

zer0das

Banned
Could someone tell me what the base block for the nether tunnel is made out of (the one with the glossy top but otherwise looks like stone)? I thought it was carpet at first, but I don't think it is and I don't want to rip it up to figure it out.

I'm expanding the tunnel down my way using nothing but stone so I can add the cosmetics more easily later.

Fuchsdh

Could someone tell me what the base block for the nether tunnel is made out of (the one with the glossy top but otherwise looks like stone)? I thought it was carpet at first, but I don't think it is and I don't want to rip it up to figure it out.

I'm expanding the tunnel down my way using nothing but stone so I can add the cosmetics more easily later.

You mean the floor you're walking on? It's stone slabs. The tunnels I've done are stone bricks, regular stone, and then glowstone + color of the quadrant.

Woolley built the original tunnels a little more elaborately with stairs, ice underneath the slabs and whatnot. I didn't have the ice to do it :)

zer0das

Banned
Oh. Well that was a bit too easy of a solution. :p I feel dumb.

I'm probably going to expand the hub tunnel a bit further than my place, because I've been meaning to setup some portals to various base camps I've established for mining/exploring the far west. *cough* bad attempt to make the west a more attractive place to settle *cough*

zer0das

Banned
I completed a 350 block expansion of the nether hub (sans cosmetic stuff)... 100 or so west, 250 north. The 250 north part was done while drinking rum/coke. Apparently alcohol makes mundane transit building about a million times more amusing for me. I also didn't die while drinking.

The 250 north expansion probably isn't too interesting because it is just some quarry site of mine, but it could be used to link the northwestern places to the hub more directly (if they aren't already- I don't know, last time I went exploring trying to find a link to them from the central hub I fell like 60 blocks and died). It'd be about ~500 blocks to reach them by my estimates. Not sure because I haven't completely mapped that area out yet.

Also I was thinking, is there any reason the central nether hub isn't all on rail? I have a lot of iron/gold ingots lying around, so I could probably get it all on rail if people were interested in that.

Fuchsdh

I completed a 350 block expansion of the nether hub (sans cosmetic stuff)... 100 or so west, 250 north. The 250 north part was done while drinking rum/coke. Apparently alcohol makes mundane transit building about a million times more amusing for me. I also didn't die while drinking.

The 250 north expansion probably isn't too interesting because it is just some quarry site of mine, but it could be used to link the northwestern places to the hub more directly (if they aren't already- I don't know, last time I went exploring trying to find a link to them from the central hub I fell like 60 blocks and died). It'd be about ~500 blocks to reach them by my estimates. Not sure because I haven't completely mapped that area out yet.

Also I was thinking, is there any reason the central nether hub isn't all on rail? I have a lot of iron/gold ingots lying around, so I could probably get it all on rail if people were interested in that.

I think it's mostly since rails are janky it's not worth doing everywhere, and "stops" tend to be very close to one another so it wouldn't be a smooth ride. There's a few rail lines, like down to Arkyoto and up to Pioneer Town, which I don't use since they're deathtraps (sometimes even making a 1.5 height space, mobs spawn in, and then you're fucked.)

Hey guys, the PAX East-centric NihonTiger on NeoCraft #137 is now available for your pleasure. :)

Village is looking nice (I actually saw what you were doing and made modifications to Tiefstadt based on them. I really like the half-timbered style.)

zer0das

Banned
Okay, that explains a lot. I tried the Pioneer town rail line a long time ago and I think I hit a pigman half way through and got stranded and spent quite a while getting out.

I'll try some experiments at my place and see if I can come up with a switching system good enough to justify connecting every part of nether hub with rail. Even if I can't figure out anything outstanding, I think it'd be worthwhile to put in rail lines that go to the ends of the east and west tunnels from spawn and their mid-points.

Molemitts

Could someone white-list me on the server? It would be nice to play some Minecraft online again!

I recently changed my username to "molemitts" same as my GAF name, but if you need my original Minecraft name to white-list me it's "joegera".

Could someone white-list me on the server? It would be nice to play some Minecraft online again!

I recently changed my username to "molemitts" same as my GAF name, but if you need my original Minecraft name to white-list me it's "joegera".

I have whitelisted you as molemitts since it wouldn't accept "joegera" so you should be good to go. Any problems then let us know either in here or drop me a pm.

r1chard

Just a warning if you're playing with mods:

Don't plant the sacred rubber tree sapling.

Killed my Sky Factory 2 base :/

r_x2

Thanks, couldn't find anything though. All the fortresses near spawn are all slabbed up but I can't tell what for.

I still have a wither skull left over if you want it.

also I did some work on the spawner at spawn, all the hopper were full and some dispencer had no water for the pads, that is fixed now.
the item sorter however is still not working.

Woobie

Hello again friends. Been a while since I logged into minecraft but I plan to mess around a little bit to see what has changed. Is it possible to get a friend of mine whitelisted? His name is 99008761.

Also does anyone have (a lot of) sponges? I think it would make things easier for me while I'm removing water from my very large underwater complex. Can pay/return them - if it suits you.

Top Bottom