• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

masud

Banned
Tph7WCV.png

Might have pissed off the pigmen while wither skull hunting...

edit:I tried to wait them out but the server kicked me and wont let me back on. Be careful in the area outside the brown hall.

zer0das

Banned
Pigmen still pissed. Was trying to expand my northern hub branch and they climbed up and knocked me down. I sat watching them throw themselves to their deaths trying to reach me for like 10 minutes prior to that.

Edit: Okay the Pigmen finally calmed down after 20 minutes of working on my tunnel. I had to kill like 70-80 of them to trim their numbers so they'd stop damaging each other and reagroing. On the plus side, I've killed more Pigmen than deaths they've caused me now. :D

Fuchsdh

Huh I woulda' expected OS X to be a bit higher. Amazing that many people are gaming on XP still.

... By the by, might be worth noting for explorers that there are new roads and metro stops open. The Grey Line now has another stop east past Vyk &c.'s castle... not sure if there's anyone settled beyond that region. And Zero has connected his Koopa Castle to Tiefstadt, so there are new stops on the westward magenta line. I'm planning on fixing up the brown line and extending it to where Bentles and co. are, and then maybe making a crosslink to the Pioneer Town hub so getting to the western frontier is easier.

Holkin

Inspired by Zisteau to play CTM map. Any suggestions?
I have almost no experience playing adventure maps and hate parkour very much.

masud

Banned
Hey Z
The fortress you found doesn't only continue north, but also across the lava lake.
I somehow managed to circle around and explore this side of it.
left you some of the loot :)
no diamond horse armour though

A nether fortress? Where is it, I need to find a better spawning area for wither skeletons.

zer0das

Banned
Take the brown tunnel of the hub until you hit the end of it going west, then go north and follow that until you hit another fork in the tunnel that goes west. You'll hit a point in the tunnel where its under construction, and there's a nether fortress just south of it. I'll probably build a ladder down there eventually and put up some signing (if someone else didn't already).

Coordinates for the where the tunnel ends are approximately -800, 60, -396. If you look south from where the tunnel is, you should see some netherrack bricks and that's the fortress.

Not sure I caught the reference?
Something something chest near fountain.

Isobelise

I did not build that mega pyramid ^^
wish I did, heard some thought I did :")

tbh I have had zero time for minecraft due to college, internship and work.
I have been building a random base next to the red line!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I did not build that mega pyramid ^^
wish I did, heard some thought I did :")

tbh I have had zero time for minecraft due to college, internship and work.
I have been building a random base next to the red line!

I haven't played much in a while either. Elite Dangerous was to blame at first, then I got into the Heroes of the Storm beta, and now Cities Skylines has consumed all of my gametime since it came out. Although I've actually not been able to game much this winter, have a lot going on in real life unfortunately. Wish I could just take a one week vacation and play games and relax at home, man what I wouldn't give for that!

It would probably take me a week worth of sightseeing just to tour what all is new on the server....

woolley

Inspired by Zisteau to play CTM map. Any suggestions?
I have almost no experience playing adventure maps and hate parkour very much.

I just finished up Wayward Wonders. It was a fairly easy map, could of easily of done it without dying if i wanted to. It was overall a very cool map.

Take the brown tunnel of the hub until you hit the end of it going west, then go north and follow that until you hit another fork in the tunnel that goes west. You'll hit a point in the tunnel where its under construction, and there's a nether fortress just south of it. I'll probably build a ladder down there eventually and put up some signing (if someone else didn't already).

Coordinates for the where the tunnel ends are approximately -800, 60, -396. If you look south from where the tunnel is, you should see some netherrack bricks and that's the fortress.

Something something chest near fountain.

Oh, I found that. Next episode.

Haven't played Minecraft in a while but I'm getting an itch again, may I get whitelisted to the server? Name is the same as my GAF name: AnathemicOne

On that note, is the GAF server exclusive to us gaffers or can we invite some friends over too?

-Minsc-

Haven't played Minecraft in a while but I'm getting an itch again, may I get whitelisted to the server? Name is the same as my GAF name: AnathemicOne

On that note, is the GAF server exclusive to us gaffers or can we invite some friends over too?

You should be good to go. We don't mind as long as they don't cause trouble. Give me their names and I'll hook them up.

Holkin

I just finished up Wayward Wonders. It was a fairly easy map, could of easily of done it without dying if i wanted to. It was overall a very cool map.

I have found Sosyphus. I broke on him 2 stone swords with no visible effect. Is he invincible or I should try better weapon?

woolley

I have found Sosyphus. I broke on him 2 stone swords with no visible effect. Is he invincible or I should try better weapon?

Which wonder is he on? If it's in colossus or Babylon I just took the block and left since I couldn't kill them.

Tip: It's worth it to explore the caves near the monument.

Fuchsdh

Are there any "wilderness" areas around here? Or did you all dominate the landscape into GAFTown? Haha

There's plenty of virgin territory to the north and west of the main town, and plenty more in all directions if you want to build at the 1.8 Pioneer Town.

EDIT: And you can't change your gamemode with the command. Have to hit up the obelisk in the spawn town.

There's plenty of virgin territory to the north and west of the main town, and plenty more in all directions if you want to build at the 1.8 Pioneer Town.

EDIT: And you can't change your gamemode with the command. Have to hit up the obelisk in the spawn town.

Is there a way (besides dying) to travel back to spawn without traversing the way back? I plan to go out to virgin territory and do my own thing with a friend. If not that's fine and I'll just try to build around 1.8 Pioneer Town.

Speaking of my friend, the acc name is xxsorenxx1 if you may whitelist it.

zer0das

Banned
Is there a way (besides dying) to travel back to spawn without traversing the way back? I plan to go out to virgin territory and do my own thing with a friend. If not that's fine and I'll just try to build around 1.8 Pioneer Town.

There's a nether hub, so if you're anywhere near any other towns you can get back using nether portals if you know where they're at. There are settlements everywhere, so its just a matter of figuring out where things are.

All sorted your friend should be whitelisted, as usually an probs let us know here or via pm.

Tis been a while since I have been on the server. I think I am all burnt out from minecraft every time I start the game up I get to the main page and think "fuck this". Just can't get into the game any more :-(

-Minsc-

All sorted your friend should be whitelisted, as usually an probs let us know here or via pm.

Tis been a while since I have been on the server. I think I am all burnt out from minecraft every time I start the game up I get to the main page and think "fuck this". Just can't get into the game any more :-(

I have all ready invested quite a bit of time in the game so I'm past the stage of "living" Minecraft. When ever I go back now it will be for a clear cut reason most the time. I do see myself coming back to it as the years roll by. Likely in short spurts. Since my time playing will be more limited I'll be forced to be more efficient when playing. In an odd way that'll actually motivate me to play the game. If I want to improve my overall planning skills for every day life why not use a game I enjoy playing as an avenue? Works for me.

Holkin

Which wonder is he on? If it's in colossus or Babylon I just took the block and left since I couldn't kill them.

Tip: It's worth it to explore the caves near the monument.

Unfortunately, my PC can't handle that map.
I had problems with version 1.8, but it was playable. But with these wonders i have <1 fps.

zer0das

Banned
I found your Dschungelwald station Fuchs and dropped some rail supplies off there. And did a little bit of work on the rails.

Fuchsdh

I found your Dschungelwald station Fuchs and dropped some rail supplies off there. And did a little bit of work on the rails.

Thanks. I put down a block on the magenta line about where I think the hub station would be—want to move it a bit further east so it can stand on its own and doesn't interfere with your build much. Still probably a few weeks from getting to that point though, I'm up by Pioneer Town working on the rails there.

zer0das

Banned
Also, I finally finished my northwestern nether hub expansion to Thailand (jungle way off in the middle of nowhere), and there's a ladder down to the nether fortress I found earlier. Here's a map of where you get dropped off if you take the Thailand portal:

http://i.imgur.com/NdW2chg.png

Ranger X

What's the news with this game anyways?

Since Microsoft bought it, its perfect silence. This is not an "in development" game anymore? lol

woolley

Since Microsoft bought it, its perfect silence. This is not an "in development" game anymore? lol

1.9 is coming but as far as I'm aware the only big changes that have been talked about is some changes with the ender dragon, nothing really specific.

Fuchsdh

fuchs, you should be playing CIties:Skylines. It scratches that infrastructure itch 100x better than Minecraft :D
Eh, I'm not a big SimCity-sequel guy for whatever reason. Played SimCity 4 recently and it left me cold.

If RollerCoaster Tycoon World is good, I'll be on it like a cheap suit, but so far things haven't been looking promising...

I guess I like that Minefraft lets you treat infrastructure as a wrapper and natural outgrowth of whatever you do in the game rather than its own metagame.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
fuchs, you should be playing CIties:Skylines. It scratches that infrastructure itch 100x better than Minecraft :D

I've been hopelessly addicted to CSL for a week now. Wish I had more time to actually play it, lol.

There hasn't been much news at all. Mojang is working on 1.9 but they have been unusually tight lipped about it, more so than usual. It may just be coincidence, but I have to wonder if Microsoft doesn't want them being so engaged with the community when it comes to development updates. The Mojang we knew and loved certainly seems to have changed with the buy out, that's for certain.

Fuchsdh

I've been hopelessly addicted to CSL for a week now. Wish I had more time to actually play it, lol.

There hasn't been much news at all. Mojang is working on 1.9 but they have been unusually tight lipped about it, more so than usual. It may just be coincidence, but I have to wonder if Microsoft doesn't want them being so engaged with the community when it comes to development updates. The Mojang we knew and loved certainly seems to have changed with the buy out, that's for certain.

With any transition it's pretty natural they'd tighten up. Whether or not it remains that way, and/or whether or not that harms the actual game is up in the air.

.nimrod

Soo, thegabman, CreativeSK and me are kinda feeling the itch to play minecraft again :D
Could we get whitelisted on the neogaf server?

Our minecraft accounts are:

thegabman
CreativeSK
_nimrod

Top Bottom