• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

Soo, thegabman, CreativeSK and me are kinda feeling the itch to play minecraft again :D
Could we get whitelisted on the neogaf server?

Our minecraft accounts are:

thegabman
CreativeSK
_nimrod

I've added the three of you to the whitelist. Welcome back to the server. :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I feel the need. The need to dig something MASSIVE. Again.

Somebody talk me out of it, before it's too late.

Sorry, you'll only find encouragement here. You might even find some help if you need it, lol.

Fuchsdh

I feel the need. The need to dig something MASSIVE. Again.

Somebody talk me out of it, before it's too late.

Sounds cool, and there's a bunch of new rail stations if you want to build it somewhere convenient :)

Happy to assist if you need it too :D

Ranger X

Been Minecrafting lately. I finally finished my house at the "New Spawn", on the hills near Neocraft Museum...

My 4k TV

2015-03-19_23.35.35_zpsba6somfv.png

Cozy Kitchen

2015-03-19_23.35.14_zps5tcursxm.png

Central heating system

2015-03-19_23.35.50_zps9omyjc3m.png

Masters' Room

2015-03-19_23.37.01_zpsxyoptw4s.png

Have a stop at the spa

2015-03-19_23.38.50_zpsw7qtcqd3.png

I made the slime farm, slime cafe and mob grinder in the Eastern County a little better looking. (RangerX station, grey line)

2015-03-07_11.57.52_zpskqnmo1ps.png

And if you come around, why not stop at the new "RangerX's store", right under the station.

2015-03-07_12.02.30_zpsv3r0lpqv.png

Oh yeah and don't forget to visit my Snowmen House :)

2015-03-07_12.03.11_zpsli3tk7nt.png

Fuchsdh

Been Minecrafting lately. I finally finished my house at the "New Spawn", on the hills near Neocraft Museum...

Definitely gonna wanna try the carpet trick with some of my builds...

But first, I must finish some rails! Four stations and some 4,000 blocks to go, and we'll have three overland routes from old areas to new.

Shiv47

Hey Minecraft folk, can anyone answer a (hopefully) quick question? My daughter is the Minecraft player, and wants a certain texture pack. I have duly installed it in the resource folder, but it won't show up when I try to enable it in the game. It's a 1.8.1 texture pack, and she's running 1.8.3. Is there any simple thing I'm missing, or is it just incompatible for some reason? Pack is still zipped as required. Thanks!

Fuchsdh

Hey Minecraft folk, can anyone answer a (hopefully) quick question? My daughter is the Minecraft player, and wants a certain texture pack. I have duly installed it in the resource folder, but it won't show up when I try to enable it in the game. It's a 1.8.1 texture pack, and she's running 1.8.3. Is there any simple thing I'm missing, or is it just incompatible for some reason? Pack is still zipped as required. Thanks!

Is it supposed to be zipped? I just checked and all mine are unzipped in the /resourcepacks folder.

woolley

Have you tried putting the game into 1.8.1 as the pack is? It might just be something simple as that. You can change it easily by going into the profile settings on the launcher and changing the version.

Shiv47

Have you tried putting the game into 1.8.1 as the pack is? It might just be something simple as that. You can change it easily by going into the profile settings on the launcher and changing the version.

I didn't know you could do that, but after trying it, it still didn't do anything. Tried a few other versions as well, and still nothing. Very strange.

zer0das

Banned
I found a Mega Taiga, Extreme Hills M, and Flower Forest biome all bordering each other while exploring. Talk about interesting geography... they're all bordering an ice plains area too.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
If my kids play split screen on my old 360 in the backroom, can I join them from my xbox one in the living room? Both systems are using my OG login in. I have no idea how that works but it does, we can both be online at the same time as helvetica237. Thanks in advance. I know little about the game but enjoy playing with my kids.

Server is running very slow and I cannot move at all. Keep getting teleported back to where I was.

EDIT: It's better now but I got stuck in the nether portals for a while.

Fuchsdh

And NeoCraft #142 is now live! :D

The Cathedral is coming along quite well. Not sure what blocks to use for the base material, though. Andesite? Nether brick? Thoughts?

I've personally never been a nether brick fan, just because its reddish-purple tint doesn't mesh well with most other block types, IMO.

I'd say andesite is your best bet, especially since it will match nicely with your walls. Can't go wrong with quartz either.

(I do think andesite is becoming my favorite block type. You can't really build something entirely out of it but it's a great accent block.)

I had this once. Rikui was nice enough to kill me.

I made quite a bit of progress on my maps this week.

http://i.imgur.com/tN5jEf0.png

Very impressive. I think you've got all of Pioneer Town on your maps too (and I think Rikui and I's artificial island off to the very far top right.)

Also, where was that build you were talking about north of your place? I found your andesite mine while I was looking for places to expand the rail system, but couldn't find anything else.

zer0das

Banned
Oh, you mean that place someone else built?

I think it was here if my memory is correct.

http://i.imgur.com/Mem13Iz.png

I'm pretty sure the little red line in the middle of the red circle is the building I was talking about specifically. And a bit south of that is a town someone built on the western edge of that peninsula. I can go find the exact coordinates, but if I had to guess it's about -3500 to -3600, -5500.

Fuchsdh

Oh, you mean that place someone else built?

I think it was here if my memory is correct.

http://i.imgur.com/Mem13Iz.png

I'm pretty sure the little red line in the middle of the red circle is the building I was talking about specifically. And a bit south of that is a town someone built on the western edge of that peninsula. I can go find the exact coordinates, but if I had to guess it's about -3500 to -3600, -5500.

Oh. Is it a lot of cobble and ruined structures and such? Might be Spookytown—people on the server built it this past October.

zer0das

Banned
Okay, yeah that was the station I found. I was stumbling around at night and missed most of the other stuff though, as the only other thing that looked familiar was the sprite. I somehow missed the giant sign and a lot of the buildings. Whoops.

andylsun

Can you add me back to the NeoGAF server? I was whitelisted a while ago, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. name andylsun

thanks

Sarcasm

Playing a SSP sky factory and I made a room for natural mob spawning. How do I deal with creepers? They seem to blow up when killed by other mobs.

Mengy

So 1.9 is going to be the "Combat Update". Hopefully that means more stuff to do than just build.

Woah, that is all kinds of promising. I mean I'm not expecting that much, but any improvement will be greatly appreciated. I've never really minded the combat in game because it's never been the focus of the game to me, but better combat mechanics would not be a bad thing, lol.

Although I'm not even sure how I would go about improving it to be honest. I mean you can't give Minecraft Dark Souls style combat or anything. I've never really thought about how I'd improve it...

Fuchsdh

Woah, that is all kinds of promising. I mean I'm not expecting that much, but any improvement will be greatly appreciated. I've never really minded the combat in game because it's never been the focus of the game to me, but better combat mechanics would not be a bad thing, lol.

Although I'm not even sure how I would go about improving it to be honest. I mean you can't give Minecraft Dark Souls style combat or anything. I've never really thought about how I'd improve it...

Minecraft combat to me mostly just involves mashing the attack button as much as possible while charging at someone. If they can introduce slightly more subtlety to that then I'm a happy camper.

I feel like a lot of the appeal of PVP is in the ancillary stuff—laying traps, bringing the best gear to the fight, or in UHC cases, staying smart and avoiding stupid damage.

Ranger X

Using a shield and crafting shields would awesome. So many improvements their could be, more weapon times, dodge dash, charge attack, attack spells, etc.

Since its a combat update, this could mean more mobs / new mobs to valorise potential new abilities and movement.

I would LOVE an update that actually bring something new...

Mengy

USince its a combat update, this could mean more mobs / new mobs to valorise potential new abilities and movement.

That's an excellent point, maybe we'll see giant versions of the mobs return. I'd also love to see rare versions of the mobs with skin alterations, maybe different colors and such, that would be superpowered versions. Bosses with lairs and such could be nice too.

I'm sure we still have a very long time to wait to find anything out though.

Philia

Just want to let you guys know that my store that I work at (Marshalls which is part of TJMaxx company) sells Minecraft Handbooks. :) They go for 6 dollars.

I bought one for redstones figuring that a lot of practical applications could help me a ton with set ups when I'm having a builders' block. :)

zer0das

Banned
I'm getting a "java.IOException: an existing host connection was forcibly closed by the remote host " error when I try to log into the NeoCraft server. Anyone have an idea what's up with this? I've gotten it in before, but it's every time I login now. And it is only NeoCraft.

Holkin

Just little intimation.
I'd like to play with someone in cooperative. Skype would be nice.
Building, assisting, gathering resources or doing cave stuff.

PS. I'm GMT/UTC+2

-Minsc-

Just little intimation.
I'd like to play with someone in cooperative. Skype would be nice.
Building, assisting, gathering resources or doing cave stuff.

PS. I'm GMT/UTC+2

Would you be interested in having the co-operative adventures recorded for YouTube? I've been brainstorming ideas for my own recording, co-op sounds like something I'd like to do. I am willing to do off-camera co-op if that is something you're more comfortable with.

Holkin

I like this idea very much, but I'm not confident about my ability to do it well. I need some experience in live commentary and fluent conversation with English native speakers.
Long time ago i seen this idea at 2-girls-1-minecraft and later at https://www.youtube.com/user/lazuritnyignom
1 mil subs for russian section of youtube is like 5-10 mil in english
I have seen how these guys started. In my opinion great dual commentary is the key of success.
You can see on your own (random episode): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVNxBJ84KM
Event without knowing language. They have something to learn from.
And they make their talk almost from anything. They just discuss their impressions, ideas, game related routine stuff, news and comments from their group in social network. They can never run out of topics to talk.

NeoCraft #143 is up! Which reminds me that I need to get some stuff figured out for my portcullis. Also, Ranger, we need to meet up sometime and move that road you built.

If you haven't seen me around lately, been involved in a big building project on another server that's been keeping me occupied. I'll post some pics of it when I can. :)

Fuchsdh

Hey Zero, I roughed out the hub station next to your information center. I figured that we'd attach a smaller building with your excellent maps to the rail proper, so the Nether gate wouldn't get swapped.

zer0das

Banned
Looks pretty good. I might lower my information center's height a bit though, because it's blocking the view to the airship, and I would rather it not.

Also, I'm not sure how you built that without me noticing because I was working on my wall near the front haha. I thought you were talking to Evil when you asked where are you too. >_>

Fuchsdh

Looks pretty good. I might lower my information center's height a bit though, because it's blocking the view to the airship, and I would rather it not.

Also, I'm not sure how you built that without me noticing because I was working on my wall near the front haha. I thought you were talking to Evil when you asked where are you too. >_>

Well you did have your information center blocking the view :p

Top Bottom