• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

I don't immediately see the need for a quiver. Can someone explain to me how or why that would be helpful? Don't the stacks of arrows you have in your inventory basically serve that purpose?

If it's like the TerraFirmaCraft quiver, it'll free up inventory space as that one holds four stacks of arrows.

EVIL

Eyo,

So Minsc set up a test server with MCprohosting to see if its any good and maybe move neocraft over to that host.

Anyway, he allowed me to set up a FTB Direwof20 1.7.10 (version 1.2.1) server as long as the server is paid for (month I think)
So if anyone wants to join you are welcome

Quote this post to get the address and stuff.
Address:

Download the FTB launcher over at http://www.feed-the-beast.com/launcher
and get Direwolf20 1.7.10 and set version to 1.2.1

I think that's it.

Cya on the other side

-Minsc-

Eyo,

So Minsc set up a test server with MCprohosting to see if its any good and maybe move neocraft over to that host.

Anyway, he allowed me to set up a FTB Direwof20 1.7.10 (version 1.2.1) server as long as the server is paid for (month I think)
So if anyone wants to join you are welcome

Quote this post to get the address and stuff.
Address:

Download the FTB launcher over at http://www.feed-the-beast.com/launcher
and get Direwolf20 1.7.10 and set version to 1.2.1

I think that's it.

Cya on the other side

The server is set to expire on June 11. If there's interest I'll keep it going longer, though I'd rather not float the bill at that time.

kiryani

Guys I'm losing my mind, totally losing my mind.

Let me explain .... I have a 6 year old son, and he loves Minecraft. Plays every day, watches YouTube videos etc. Now, he's developed an absolute obsession with "Herobrine" like, it's all he's talked about for about a month. I've looked it up and it's not real, but with 6 year olds being 6 year olds.... All his school friends have claimed to have found this Herobrine, and it's driving him crazy, and in turn it's driving me crazy :lol:

He plays on PS4, I imagine there's some kind of mod I could install on the PC client to add it to the game but is there anything at all I can do on PS4? I'm totally at the end of my tether with this fucking character :lol:

Ranger X

Let me explain .... I have a 6 year old son, and he loves Minecraft. Plays every day, watches YouTube videos etc. Now, he's developed an absolute obsession with "Herobrine" like, it's all he's talked about for about a month. I've looked it up and it's not real, but with 6 year olds being 6 year olds.... All his school friends have claimed to have found this Herobrine, and it's driving him crazy, and in turn it's driving me crazy :lol:

He plays on PS4, I imagine there's some kind of mod I could install on the PC client to add it to the game but is there anything at all I can do on PS4? I'm totally at the end of my tether with this fucking character :lol:

Herobrine isn't even in the PC version so...

EVIL

Yeah, nothing you can do on PS4, since it doesn't support mods.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
OK, another person being driven insane by a six year old now.

How do I launch a mod from the title screen? I installed Forge, I installed the mod, I see the mod is installed in the list of mods. How do I actually play it?

-Minsc-

I changed my username and now I can't get on the server is that because I need to be verified again or something?

Same account right? Changing your name shouldn't affect the whitelist. Give me your new and old name and I'll see what I can do.

Cmagus

Same account right? Changing your name shouldn't affect the whitelist. Give me your new and old name and I'll see what I can do.

I got on the server now. I migrated to a Mojang account and I didn't know I had to log into my new account in order to access it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So..no point to duel wielding than huh

Well, you can hold a shield and sword at the same time, or place torches while your sword is out and ready I'd guess. Or keep your sword out while also throwing potions or Ender Orbs.

But overall, yeah dual wielding probably won't mean much in Minecraft. I hope the combat update improves more than just that...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Embarrassed to even ask, but I just bough the Vita Minecraft edition for my six year old son: How do you climb up blocks? Like general movement, but upward hills etc?

And what is the best game mode for him? I don't want him to be invaded and killed by some online bastards.

We've only played the iPad version before, sorry for the super noob question, lol

Sarcasm

Embarrassed to even ask, but I just bough the Vita Minecraft edition for my six year old son: How do you climb up blocks? Like general movement, but upward hills etc?

And what is the best game mode for him? I don't want him to be invaded and killed by some online bastards.

We've only played the iPad version before, sorry for the super noob question, lol

X should jump. Unless you mean more than two blocks you will need ladders.

Either turn off online game, don't log into psn on the game or turn on invite only. You can also turn off the option that make people not allowed to do anything until approved.

I am actually playing on a Vita right this second. I got the Japanese cart for 13 bucks.

Mengy

Cool they are actually working on something lol
Game is so dead since Microsoft bought it

Yeah, once Microsoft bought Minecraft the updates and interactivity really slowed to a crawl. No idea why, either the team is busy working on something else or they have simply been told to be more hush hush than they used to be. It's a shame, but so far the purchase hasn't done anything positive for Minecraft.

Ranger X

Yeah, once Microsoft bought Minecraft the updates and interactivity really slowed to a crawl. No idea why, either the team is busy working on something else or they have simply been told to be more hush hush than they used to be. It's a shame, but so far the purchase hasn't done anything positive for Minecraft.

No purchase in the whole Microsoft's history did something positive...

Fuchsdh

Guys act like they were timely to begin with lol.

Yeah, looking at the release history things started slowing down with 1.6, well before the acquisition.... although I think a bigger factor is simply these days they have a lot more versions to juggle and update.

Ranger X

Well, before Microsoft bought this there was just more update. I never meant they were as active as I'd wished for. I am just saying that there's a difference between periodical updates and "never".

Sarcasm

The updates were just as slow as molasses as the current updates are. I see no difference in terms of the pacing of updates. Which have always felt like "never".

It really isn't any different. The the parent company is.

And there discussion about updates and such is also the same. Almost nil.

Ranger X

The updates were just as slow as molasses as the current updates are. I see no difference in terms of the pacing of updates. Which have always felt like "never".

It really isn't any different. The the parent company is.

And there discussion about updates and such is also the same. Almost nil.

Well, you don't see a difference like I do, that's all I can say.
Nothing happened lately, less twitter, less everything. GAF is almost non-existant online, thread is dead, everything is more dead than ever. Maybe it was always dead to you and you don't see the difference.

Mengy

I'm online all the time. No idea where you peoples are :)

I've either been kicking up gravel in DiRT Rally, doing science for all Kerbal kind in Kerbal Space Program, or gallivanting across the galaxy in Elite Dangerous. I did play a bit of Minecraft in my many years old solo world a few nights ago, I'm beginning to get that incredible urge to start a new world again and begin anew. I've managed to keep playing in this save for two years but God how I find the urge to start from scratch in Minecraft just so alluring.

Fuchsdh

See, playing NeoCraft has completely ruined solo MC for me. I want to work on my Rapture project but I'd much rather chat with Rikui &c. on the server. :)

zer0das

Banned
Well, I think Minecraft saved my CPU. I got a new motherboard because my old one was on the fritz. I put the new one inside of my computer about 5 days ago. Things had been running pretty well, but I had noticed this slightly unusual slowdown that showed up after a while, when I tried running lots of applications or opening anything, and wasn't sure what it was. I decided to play Minecraft and noticed everything was loading painstakingly slow, and my CPU seemed to be struggling... checked my computers vitals, and my CPU was running at 90 degrees Celsius. Opened up my case and it turns out some wires had gotten lose and physically blocked the fan, so I reorganized my wiring to prevent that from happening again My original seating of my CPU fan wasn't the best either, so I redid that too and got everything just so.

Dropped my CPU temperatures to 40-50 degrees Celsius immediately, and the thermal paste hasn't even had time to settle yet. So that's good! Everything is running buttery smooth again. I can render 32 chunks now and watch streams without the player stuttering a bunch thanks to my new RAM too.

Updates had been slowing down long before the Microsoft buy. However, this one in particular has been incredibly slow and, even though they're finally showing off stuff for the next update, I can't help but wonder if that's all they've gotten done in the last few months.

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that having a persistent server like this has sort of killed Single Player for me. What's the point of building something if people can't come and look at it.

The only reason I haven't been online lately is because of Splatoon.

-Minsc-

So, I've been playing Minecraft Cube Life: Island Survival over this weekend. Cube Life, released June 4th, is the first Minecraft like game released for the Wii U. It’s available on the eShop for 7.99.

This game has the potential to be a nice little gem for Wii U owners. Combine Minecraft with the island world concept of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and you get a decent description of Cube Life. The world map is divided into an 11x11 grid for a total of 121 areas to explore (of which I assume most have an island). So far I’ve found a native village of friendlies and have heard rumours of a “skull island” and a sunken ship. While there’s no random world generation (at least currently) in survival I’m liking the idea that each area will appear more natural (no villages grafted onto a mountain).

WorldMap.jpg

LocalMap.jpg

I like the mapping in this game. There's one for the world and one local map which changes depending which sector your in. Comparing the surroundings to the maps in the above screenshots should give a decent idea of how big the world is. When ever you reach the border of a sector it asks if you'd like to travel to the adjacent sector. One little knock is the long load times. Hopefully that's improved in future updates.

One area Cube Life really trumps vanilla Minecraft is ocean travel. Once you build a raft it becomes easier to travel to other islands. One reason being is it helps you avoid the sharks. Yes, sharks! While not indestructible the raft can take a good amount of damage. Far better than Minecrafts dinky boats. Tapping X or B activates forward and reverse motion respectively. Y and A turns the raft left and right. You are always free to walk around the raft, just point it in the direction you want and let it set sail. Makes it easier to fight off the circling sharks or the attacking eagles.

Raft.jpeg

Pearl.jpeg

From what I can tell survival mode appears to be more focused on survival. It's punishing as the days progress. By day five the attacking cannibals can break through dirt and wood blocks. Once day 15 roles around they can even punch through stone. Thanks to what I think is a glitch archers can shoot through blocks so that makes night especially difficult. Until the arrow bug is fixed I'm building my house high up in the air. ;)

In the games current state it does lack a lot of what Minecraft offers. There is no redstone equivalent and there's a lack of blocks like doors, fence gates, stairs and slabs.

I haven't done too much with creative mode. There's no flat world option so that would be a great addition. Before generating the world there's an overhead wold map you can pan through. Think of it as having an entire Minecraft seed to scroll through. When you see a desired land shape within the frame hit generate and that section will load up.

As an $8 single player experience I definitely recommend this game for Wii U owners. There's a bit of a learning curve at the start, especially if you have to unlearn some Minecraft habits and expectations.

Sarcasm

So, I've been playing Minecraft Cube Life: Island Survival over this weekend. Cube Life, released June 4th, is the first Minecraft like game released for the Wii U. It’s available on the eShop for 7.99.

This game has the potential to be a nice little gem for Wii U owners. Combine Minecraft with the island world concept of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and you get a decent description of Cube Life. The world map is divided into an 11x11 grid for a total of 121 areas to explore (of which I assume most have an island). So far I’ve found a native village of friendlies and have heard rumours of a “skull island” and a sunken ship. While there’s no random world generation (at least currently) in survival I’m liking the idea that each area will appear more natural (no villages grafted onto a mountain).

IMAGES

I like the mapping in this game. There's one for the world and one local map which changes depending which sector your in. Comparing the surroundings to the maps in the above screenshots should give a decent idea of how big the world is. When ever you reach the border of a sector it asks if you'd like to travel to the adjacent sector. One little knock is the long load times. Hopefully that's improved in future updates.

One area Cube Life really trumps vanilla Minecraft is ocean travel. Once you build a raft it becomes easier to travel to other islands. One reason being is it helps you avoid the sharks. Yes, sharks! While not indestructible the raft can take a good amount of damage. Far better than Minecrafts dinky boats. Tapping X or B activates forward and reverse motion respectively. Y and A turns the raft left and right. You are always free to walk around the raft, just point it in the direction you want and let it set sail. Makes it easier to fight off the circling sharks or the attacking eagles.

IMAGES

From what I can tell survival mode appears to be more focused on survival. It's punishing as the days progress. By day five the attacking cannibals can break through dirt and wood blocks. Once day 15 roles around they can even punch through stone. Thanks to what I think is a glitch archers can shoot through blocks so that makes night especially difficult. Until the arrow bug is fixed I'm building my house high up in the air. ;)

In the games current state it does lack a lot of what Minecraft offers. There is no redstone equivalent and there's a lack of blocks like doors, fence gates, stairs and slabs.

I haven't done too much with creative mode. There's no flat world option so that would be a great addition. Before generating the world there's an overhead wold map you can pan through. Think of it as having an entire Minecraft seed to scroll through. When you see a desired land shape within the frame hit generate and that section will load up.

As an $8 single player experience I definitely recommend this game for Wii U owners. There's a bit of a learning curve at the start, especially if you have to unlearn some Minecraft habits and expectations.

Just curious, think you could compare it to say Salt? http://store.steampowered.com/app/327860/

-Minsc-

Just curious, think you could compare it to say Salt? http://store.steampowered.com/app/327860/

I haven't played Salt (and don't plan to buy it) so I can't make any worthwhile comparison. When I get further into Cube Life I'll give some more impressions. Since I restarted from the beginning a couple times I haven't had a chance to do much exploring yet. Now that I have a feel for what preparations a person should make in the first 10 days I can finally start getting into the meat of the game.

Mengy

Microsoft E3 conference is going on right now. I wonder if there will be any mention at all of Minecraft?

Vlad

The MineCraft HoloLens is pretty sweet. Looks like we will have to wait until MineCon to get concrete details.

It's interesting to look at and all, but it really didn't seem that practical for actual gameplay. Sure, it's nice as a sort of world overview tool, but I can't see it being something beyond a novelty. That, and the fact that the field of view on the hololense is reportedly not nearly as wide as the videos would have us believe.

Also, it really jumped out to me that the trademark Minecraft Jankiness is still present. Seeing the multiple TNT explosion look as goofy as it always does (sound first, flashing blocks, missing particles, ground updating a few seconds later in chunks) looked really out of place in this demo of something they're trying to push as advanced technology.

-Minsc-

Help bring me back Minecraft thread. I ventured out into the Gaming forum for E3 and have been wasting time there ever since.

Fuchsdh

Help bring me back Minecraft thread. I ventured out into the Gaming forum for E3 and have been wasting time there ever since.

I don't understand.

But, I did notice browsing /r/MineCraft that 1.9 looks like it will be containing some updates to the End: https://instagram.com/p/4ObC5EpMOO/

I have to admit I have actually not gone into the End, on NeoCraft or otherwise (somehow I missed whenever we did the Ender Dragon fight.) This might make it more interesting to visit though (I do think I have a Stronghold right under a piece of my new build.)

Ahoy, friends. Sorry for the radio silence lately.

I haven't had the time I had hoped to hop on and build as I thought I would. Also, Minsc, can we move Exor soon? He is in the way of PROGRESS

woolley

I don't understand.

But, I did notice browsing /r/MineCraft that 1.9 looks like it will be containing some updates to the End: https://instagram.com/p/4ObC5EpMOO/

I have to admit I have actually not gone into the End, on NeoCraft or otherwise (somehow I missed whenever we did the Ender Dragon fight.) This might make it more interesting to visit though (I do think I have a Stronghold right under a piece of my new build.)
Is that a tree house? And looks like a small tree in the background so I guess a new tree type.

Fuchsdh

Is that a tree house? And looks like a small tree in the background so I guess a new tree type.

Yeah, I dunno. End trees? Seems like there might be generated structures in the End. More blocks are always exciting, at least.

EDIT: Hopefully we get 1.9 come MineCon? Or at least a release date or timeframe then.

Top Bottom