• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

Ahoy, friends. Sorry for the radio silence lately.

I haven't had the time I had hoped to hop on and build as I thought I would. Also, Minsc, can we move Exor soon? He is in the way of PROGRESS

Exor will forever be a thorn in your PROGRASS.

Sure thing sir, tomorrow night?

Sarcasm

Playing on my vita I got a spawner set up. I just need to figure out how many Redstone lamps is needed and where to put them.

Anybody know?

Widge

Got through a press release from Ghostly last night. They're pressing the c418 soundtrack to physical media over two volumes.

I hastily splatted a piece together on the train this morning, so plenty of details there. Not bad from Ghostly though, they were behind the Hohokum soundtrack too. PLEADING for a physical copy of the Fez OST.

Needless to say, the coloured vinyl with the lenticular sleeve is going fast... and the thing isn't even out until 21st August.

-Minsc-

An early version of Exor. I did this back before Quartz was added to Minecraft.

Exor_alpha.png

Exor at Katzagard.

Exor_nihon.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I built my own Exor and built it into a castle replica of Bowser's Keep years ago. Back in 2011/2012. Feels so long ago now.

I regret never showing it off back then and getting my 15 minutes of internet fame. Now my achievement seems boring.

So I might as well show it off now.

Mine is based off the sprite in the game. 1:1 pixel size. (And it was still so big it felt unweildy to build a castle around.)

-Minsc-

I built my own Exor and built it into a castle replica of Bowser's Keep years ago. Back in 2011/2012. Feels so long ago now.

I regret never showing it off back then and getting my 15 minutes of internet fame. Now my achievement seems boring.

So I might as well show it off now.

Mine is based off the sprite in the game. 1:1 pixel size. (And it was still so big it felt unweildy to build a castle around.)
The skull on the top totally kills my first attempt. For being built out of full blocks you managed to get quite a bit of detail.

I used reference images such as these.

Exor.gif
627249-exor.jpg

There's a little chunk missing out of Exor's left (on the right in the pic's) horn. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate it into the build without making the skull overly massive.

The skull on the top totally kills my first attempt. For being built out of full blocks you managed to get quite a bit of detail.

I used reference images such as these.

Exor.gif
627249-exor.jpg

There's a little chunk missing out of Exor's left (on the right in the pic's) horn. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate it into the build without making the skull overly massive.

Isn't that a shadow?

I completed the absolute nightmare that is setting up a server to play with a friend yesterday. I had never played Minecraft with someone else and she had barely ever played it at all before.

We got spawned into an AWESOME area. Little peninsula, lakes and oceans all over, a swamp nearby, a couple big mountains to dig around in, and a friggin village!! And the way the village spawned in was crazy too, a huge house right in the middle of a lake, one sticking out of the side of a hill, and that weird stone "church" thing on the highest point of the peninsula (which we claimed as our first fortress). Right next to it is a little chunk of plains that will be perfect for farming, and there are already pigs, sheep, and cows in the area PLUS the village had not just wheat growing but carrots and potatoes as well.

Major score IMO, can't wait to play around and explore more with her! :3

Minecraft, the game that just keeps giving.

Big Chungus

What are some good rpg mods for minecraft?

Interested in leveling up character/armor/weapons/items, and maybe some quests as well.

Not sure if it exists or not

Fuchsdh

What are some good rpg mods for minecraft?

Interested in leveling up character/armor/weapons/items, and maybe some quests as well.

Not sure if it exists or not

Some guys's recreating Ocarina of Time, not sure when that'll be done :) Other than that I'm not sure.

Ranger X

Oh boy, took me a good minute or so to understand what changed there.

Nice improvement but I had long forgotten about the fact I wasn't actually seeing the squeleton attacking.

I hope they show the other things they are working on right now though (although they are probably using most their time for this stupid hololense thing instead of improving the game). Oh well

Unicorn

Started playing this again. I had a hobbit hole on a mountain in the GAF server, but when I loaded in I was were I was left off when I quit a looooong time ago (in some hole where I go lost in the desert) I died and spawned at the homebase. How do I teleport to my spawn (my bed)? Should I have spawned there? Did I spawn at homebase because my home has been built over?

It's not a big deal, as it was nothing spectacular, but I'm just curious if there's a way to teleport to my own spawn.

Fuchsdh

How much Quartz/Glowstone are you going to need?

Yeah I've been burning through a fair amount but between what people have donated to my build and what I've been scrounging from afield, we should be able to get you some stuff.

I've also got a mining operation going for red clay, but I can just as easily gather up other colors if you need them.

Started playing this again. I had a hobbit hole on a mountain in the GAF server, but when I loaded in I was were I was left off when I quit a looooong time ago (in some hole where I go lost in the desert) I died and spawned at the homebase. How do I teleport to my spawn (my bed)? Should I have spawned there? Did I spawn at homebase because my home has been built over?

It's not a big deal, as it was nothing spectacular, but I'm just curious if there's a way to teleport to my own spawn.

We lost teleport commands in the move to 1.8. So beds are needed now for respawns as opposed to the /home commands.

If you knew where your hobbit hole was I could TP you to it, otherwise I think you've got to trek over yourself :|

Unicorn

Yeah I've been burning through a fair amount but between what people have donated to my build and what I've been scrounging from afield, we should be able to get you some stuff.

I've also got a mining operation going for red clay, but I can just as easily gather up other colors if you need them.

We lost teleport commands in the move to 1.8. So beds are needed now for respawns as opposed to the /home commands.

If you knew where your hobbit hole was I could TP you to it, otherwise I think you've got to trek over yourself :|
I had a bed.

according to a post I had earlier in the thread it looks like these may have been the approx. coordinates:
-475/64/120

Fuchsdh

I had a bed.

according to a post I had earlier in the thread it looks like these may have been the approx. coordinates:
-475/64/120

Yeah so that drops you in the middle of the ocean, by Charlie's red line and a very random group of very pissed off mobs.*

If you hit the button on the obelisk north of the GAF logo, you can go into creative mode; I would suggest using that to look around for you spot. :)

If you're sure it's southwest then it's gotta' be south of the big MCM lighthouse, across the sea.

*I really don't understand why this happened. But had I ran across it in survival, I woulda' been screwed.

masud

Banned
That would be the location of an ocean monument if the chunks there hadn't spawned pre 1.8. The mobs from the monument still spawn there though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh boy, took me a good minute or so to understand what changed there.

Nice improvement but I had long forgotten about the fact I wasn't actually seeing the squeleton attacking.

Honestly I could care less about "combat animations" for mobs, I would much rather have better combat mechanics. I really hope the Combat Update has more than just some new animations for old stuff.

Fuchsdh

Honestly I could care less about "combat animations" for mobs, I would much rather have better combat mechanics. I really hope the Combat Update has more than just some new animations for old stuff.

Well the addition of quivers and arrows seems like it adds a lot right there, although we obviously have to see the whole update in totum to figure out how it's going to work together. But honestly little things like combat animations really do make a huge difference in how the game feels. What the best combat-focused games realize is that feedback is key to how players engage and feel connected to the action. I'm 99% sure that this small change is going to significantly affect how I fight skeletons and how likely I will be frustrated fighting skeletons.

Fuchsdh

Well I've been looking at my plans for the residential wing of my build and I realize that my wood theme doesn't work for the look I'm trying to convey, so I'm going to be using a lot of quartz too. So i will be spending a lot of time in the nether soon, and can grab you some materials while I'm there :)

Ranger X

Same here my friend.
I'm not holding too much hype into future updates though. Microsoft and all that.

Fuchsdh

Built my gateroom at Schloss Fuchs and went on a nether expedition—there a place you should want us to dump stuff for you Nihon?

So, Minecraft in Windows 10 will be C++ and based on the Pocket Edition.

Positives include being able to play with people on the Pocket Edition.

Negatives include no mod support what-so-ever for the foreseeable future.

Java edition will still be updated, it seems, but I'm not sure Microsoft is going to want to have two separate versions in the long run, so I can see them slowly forcing a migration to the new C++ version.

woolley

I don't really see it that way. I think they're trying to hit a different market with the Win. 10 edition than with vanilla. The win. 10 version will be play anywhere, anytime, on any device, while vanilla will continue will be place where the hardcore fan base will remain and support the game. Without mods Minecraft would of been dead a long time ago and Microsoft knows that.

Fuchsdh

So, Minecraft in Windows 10 will be C++ and based on the Pocket Edition.

Positives include being able to play with people on the Pocket Edition.

Negatives include no mod support what-so-ever for the foreseeable future.

Java edition will still be updated, it seems, but I'm not sure Microsoft is going to want to have two separate versions in the long run, so I can see them slowly forcing a migration to the new C++ version.

The sky-is-falling comments on Reddit are pretty impressive. Seems like Mojang specifically says that it *is* Pocket Edition, rather than based on it, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/...ing_minecraft_windows_10_edition_beta/csry0j5

I don't really see it that way. I think they're trying to hit a different market with the Win. 10 edition than with vanilla. The win. 10 version will be play anywhere, anytime, on any device, while vanilla will continue will be place where the hardcore fan base will remain and support the game. Without mods Minecraft would of been dead a long time ago and Microsoft knows that.

I'm sure they're going to kill it off at some point, but considering how hard Microsoft has been pushing all its software to more platforms than ever I'm highly doubtful they're not going to try and keep MC on the most platforms it makes sense. That said, I'm sure they're going to push the social aspects and "best version" stuff for Windows crossplay and the like.

Top Bottom