• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

I'm having trouble viewing either of those. In fact, I can't even open the last page of this thread now because Chrome is crashing whenever it tried to load whatever was last posted.

Edit: Thanks for fixing that. Still can't view it for some reason, but at least I can read the thread. :p

Fuchsdh

r_x2

Hey Fuchs, have some more Tardis locations.

X:13 Y:71 Z:-20

X:50 Y:76 Z:-400

X:905 Y:79 Z:-629

X:2307 Y:63 Z:-513

I dunno why some blocks are odd colors—not sure what the electric pink fringing on some builds are either. Maybe it wasn't updated for 1.8?

EDIT:

For those with weak and puny computers, try this on for size—reduced resolution JPG, only 138 million pixels, 13.1MB. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52289775/gafland_2015-08-08_reduced.jpg

Yeah, the pink is typically what happens when the map sees a block it doesn't recognize. A lot of that pink, I know for sure, are sea lanterns. So I'm guessing it just isn't picking up any blocks from the update that added ocean monuments.

-Minsc-

What the heck are the Tardises? :> Tardii? I dunno. Enlighten me. >_> (I know what they look like, but beyond that...)

How about like this.

Individual: Moose
Plural: Moose

Individual: TARDIS
Plural: TARDIS

I guess.

Could you please add my gf and I to the whitelist? Our user names are lola312 & closer013.
Thanks!

I've added the two of you to the list. Welcome to the server!

Morokh

*redeems his copy of Minecraft Window 10*

*fires it up*

*not AZERTY compatible*

*no key mapping options*

*closes window*

Estimated time ~30 seconds.

That was some fine testing of this version of the game (ノ゚0゚)ノ~o

Fuchsdh

*redeems his copy of Minecraft Window 10*

*fires it up*

*not AZERTY compatible*

*no key mapping options*

*closes window*

Estimated time ~30 seconds.

That was some fine testing of this version of the game (ノ゚0゚)ノ~o

Get a real keyboard then :p But yeah, given its lineage key-mapping being missing isn't that surprising.

I'm interested in how long they're going to leave it in "beta" designation and what it'll look like compared to the main game once they 1.0 it.

What the heck are the Tardises? :> Tardii? I dunno. Enlighten me. >_> (I know what they look like, but beyond that...)

The Doctor in Doctor Who uses his TARDIS to travel through time and space. Someone built a bunch of decorative versions all over the map. And now I think Fuchsdh is doing some command magic to make them into a functional Tardis that will allow you to travel around the map crazy fast.

Fuchsdh

Anyone wanna play cooperative?

Hafta' specify version :)

The Doctor in Doctor Who uses his TARDIS to travel through time and space. Someone built a bunch of decorative versions all over the map. And now I think Fuchsdh is doing some command magic to make them into a functional Tardis that will allow you to travel around the map crazy fast.

And yep! I'll let everyone know when the game is afoot.

Holkin

To be clear I am talking about cooperative project on NeoGaf server.
Shared singleplayer is a nice thing but I'd like some multiplayer.

You guys have anything going on next week?

Maybe Monday? Tuesday at the latest?

Good, just make sure you have half an hour or so free. No reason why.

Rootbeer

Banned
Has anyone been able to successfully get the Mac version to work with the new Java 8u60? The previous method I was using doesn't seem to work. I'm on OSX 10.10.5.

I tried this method and it isn't working.

Please don't suggest using Java 6. That's not an answer.

Fuchsdh

Has anyone been able to successfully get the Mac version to work with the new Java 8u60? The previous method I was using doesn't seem to work. I'm on OSX 10.10.5.

I tried this method and it isn't working.

Please don't suggest using Java 6. That's not an answer.

I'll investigate tonight, although I assumed I was using the latest version of Java anyhow, without any hacks.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll investigate tonight, although I assumed I was using the latest version of Java anyhow, without any hacks.

Thanks! I'm looking for any working solution. Tried about 3 different methods I've seen online that worked on previous versions. Not sure what changed or if I'm just doing something wrong this time around.

Java 8 gives a nice performance boost on mac. Can't believe after all this time they still haven't released the updated launcher that lets Minecraft work with Java 8. By far my biggest disappointment out of Mojang.

On the subject of future updates, looks like 1.9 will bring some pretty dramatic changes to melee—

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/3hkwpg/minecraft_19_snapshot_15w34a/cu87s0i

So I'm probably more screwed now that "flail about and mash the attack button" will be less effective; luckily I don't think most PvE scenarios will change much.

Nah, PvE changes won't be much. Planning on doing a video about 1.9 changes closer to release.

Also, Monday event info will be posted tomorrow. Planning it to be around 7pm Eastern, if you can make it. I can also move it to Sunday if that's better for you guys.

Fuchsdh

Thanks! I'm looking for any working solution. Tried about 3 different methods I've seen online that worked on previous versions. Not sure what changed or if I'm just doing something wrong this time around.

Java 8 gives a nice performance boost on mac. Can't believe after all this time they still haven't released the updated launcher that lets Minecraft work with Java 8. By far my biggest disappointment out of Mojang.

Ok, so I looked in the debug menu and realized MC was still using 6 on my computer, even though I'd installed 8 a long time ago. Removing/breaking the Java installation (via /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines and deleting the package within) just prompted the "install Java SE to use this application", but by going to the Minecraft downloads page and downloading the Linux .jar and running that instead, I managed to get it working. I'm now on 1.8.0–60. So you'll need to start Minecraft by the downloaded .jar instead of the .app. Hopefully that new launcher comes soon...

So, folks, happy to present:

The NeoCraft Pig Prix

Yes, we're going pig racing.

Right now, two tracks are planned (Katzegard and Spawn Town) but more can be added and raced on if folks are interested.

Time: Currently Monday, around 7 p.m. EDT (23:00 UTC)

What to bring: Yourself. Also, if you have a mic and want to use it, as I am hoping to get folks into Mumble again.

Will this be a one-time event? Hopefully not. I would like to do this more often.

Fuchsdh

Huh. I don't think I've ever ridden a pig. Going to have to wrangle one and practice.

EDIT: For those of you whose computers have choked on big-ass JPEGs, rejoice! I finally got a dynmap-like copy of the map on Minecraftworldmap.com, so you can zoom in and pan around to your hearts' content. I'll try and keep it moderately updated, maybe monthly. I dunno if Mengy would wanna' add a link to the OP instead of the currently broken links.

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/users/fuchsdh#/-94/64/64/-6/0/0

masud

Banned
Idk if I can make the races but you guys should have one at my jungle estate, it's already on a large circular path.

-Minsc-

What to bring: Yourself. Also, if you have a mic and want to use it, as I am hoping to get folks into Mumble again.

Ohhhhhhhhh. This part didn't register before. Since we're no longer on Multiplay we no longer have access to the Mumble server. It's possible we can still access it if anyone has the IP. Someone here did have a Teamspeak server here we could use, though I don't have the address for that channel anymore.

Top Bottom