• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

Ok, map is updated. You can now view the city's progress :)

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/users/fuchsdh#/570/64/-6079/-5/0/0

And gif!

KGlpnms.gif

zer0das

Banned
Well I finished the top of my skyscraper... unfortunately it is not really visible unless you're like 125+ blocks away, at a decent height. But I can't figure out how to get around that, so meh.

I also wish I had figured out how to do the windows beforehand, because anything I do now feels like a mess.

Also, what the heck is the big gate thing east of Tiefstadt? That wasn't there before, unless I'm oblivious. You can also see my paths to nowhere in the far west in Thailand. Hah.

Fuchsdh

Well I finished the top of my skyscraper... unfortunately it is not really visible unless you're like 125+ blocks away, at a decent height. But I can't figure out how to get around that, so meh.

I also wish I had figured out how to do the windows beforehand, because anything I do now feels like a mess.

Also, what the heck is the big gate thing east of Tiefstadt? That wasn't there before, unless I'm oblivious. You can also see my paths to nowhere in the far west in Thailand. Hah.

I believe the gate thing is something Iso or Liz was working on.

Not sure if the right place to ask

Just need help finding the best performance for my laptop specs

This are the specs of my laptop

Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 Processor + AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
8GB DDR3L
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

a simple laptop and here is the specs i'm using with minecarft

it still lags somewhat with this setting.

-Minsc-

Hey MC Gaf. I'm relatively new to the game, and I'm looking for an open world survival server with a healthy population. Got any suggestions?

Healthy population, hmm. I don't keep tabs on the servers out there so I can't really give a recommendation. We do have a server here but I wouldn't say it's bustling with activity at this stage of the game. NeoCraft can always use fresh faces so you are welcome here. If you know anyone in your circle who is interested on a server they are welcome as well, even if they are not a member of NeoGAF. Even if you don't plan to stick around I can still add you to the whitelist. There are plenty of cool builds here to see and gain inspiration from.

The server is vanilla with a mixture of survival and creative. Players have the ability to switch between the two game modes via a command block at spawn.

Healthy population, hmm. I don't keep tabs on the servers out there so I can't really give a recommendation. We do have a server here but I wouldn't say it's bustling with activity at this stage of the game. NeoCraft can always use fresh faces so you are welcome here. If you know anyone in your circle who is interested on a server they are welcome as well, even if they are not a member of NeoGAF. Even if you don't plan to stick around I can still add you to the whitelist. There are plenty of cool builds here to see and gain inspiration from.

The server is vanilla with a mixture of survival and creative. Players have the ability to switch between the two game modes via a command block at spawn.

Sure, sounds interesting. Add me to the whitelist and I'll pay you guys a visit. :D

Fuchsdh

I did some work connecting "Stronghold E" and "Katzegard W" with the upcoming Grand Station, need to fix the tunnel to "Katzegard W" though.

You just need to do the rails, and Nihon can take some measurements.

Well Nihon has to actually build his station *dark glare*

Fuchsdh

You have no right to complain, you still need to build "Dry's Station N" :p

I'm waiting on the spur stations until we actually know where the rails will need to run into the Katzegard station.

Still got 2000 blocks to go to reach Gafopolis on the yellow line to keep me busy (and then I need to build a train station there too.)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Updated rail map. Gonna' get Gafopolis (or whatever it's called) hooked up to the rail system at some point, in addition to having its own underground metro.

Quote to make huge.

Wow, the network has gotten HUGE. I need to log into the server and spend a month or two sightseeing, LOL.

GodofWine

Edit...got it..they had the world "online". Ignore the rest

GAF, help.... :)

My kids are playing minecraft, a friend is over, and it will NOT let them 3 player split screen, its demanding the guest account sign into psn. Its in minecraft that its saying to sign in, psn is allowing the guest account.

I know they have done this on their own before by just turning on the controllers, but its being a real PITA about it now

Did something change in MCs side? The PSN side??

Episode 160 now up. You can see some of the layout I've set up so far, though I need to refine it a bit.

Style-wise, I'm thinking classical European, as I mentioned in the video. Some of the examples, but not exactly to scale, are:

Budapest Keleti: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CHZ-HkaGnCM/maxresdefault.jpg
Amsterdam Centraal: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/59/175650146_292ab99f4e_o.jpg
London Waterloo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Waterloo_Station_Victory_Arch.jpg

We can take it a couple different ways, but I think Waterloo is closer to what I'm looking for.

Fuchsdh

Episode 160 now up. You can see some of the layout I've set up so far, though I need to refine it a bit.

Style-wise, I'm thinking classical European, as I mentioned in the video. Some of the examples, but not exactly to scale, are:

Budapest Keleti: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CHZ-HkaGnCM/maxresdefault.jpg
Amsterdam Centraal: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/59/175650146_292ab99f4e_o.jpg
London Waterloo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Waterloo_Station_Victory_Arch.jpg

We can take it a couple different ways, but I think Waterloo is closer to what I'm looking for.

Cool. You didn't particularly mention which materials you wanted for the facade. Any ideas? (I'm presume a lot of bricks and 1.8 andesite since you want it to match Katzegard.)

So all the lines are going to come out that east-facing platform, correct? So would the purple line spur come up from underground underneath the lobby, or would you want to route it around the station? I guess the cyan line has to, but we can reroute the tunnel as need be.

I'm not sure if we wanna' shift around the platforms or not, but right now we've basically got four actual rail tracks-two for each direction for the cyan line, and then presumably only one bi-directional spur line to the purple and one to the grey. I guess the other two can be another full line if someone wants to expand out from Katzegard at some point? Either way I think you allocated roughly enough space already.

If you want to base it more on Waterloo, do you want to angle the wings forward any, or leave them on straight 90º axes?

I started playing around with the entrance in sod nearby.

Also, are you going to want to regrade that little hill/lip in front of the station so that you get a more majestic view?

Let me know when you'll be around to work on it on the server, I can make myself pretty available if I know beforehand and I'm close to your timezone :)

(and yes, I know you asked those questions in the video, but dammit I need answers!)

Cool. You didn't particularly mention which materials you wanted for the facade. Any ideas? (I'm presume a lot of bricks and 1.8 andesite since you want it to match Katzegard.)

Probably, but if we have to use something else to make it look good, so be it.

So all the lines are going to come out that east-facing platform, correct? So would the purple line spur come up from underground underneath the lobby, or would you want to route it around the station? I guess the cyan line has to, but we can reroute the tunnel as need be.

Both can come up from underground. We can route the purple line around the station, perhaps, if that ravine doesn't get in the way.

I'm not sure if we wanna' shift around the platforms or not, but right now we've basically got four actual rail tracks-two for each direction for the cyan line, and then presumably only one bi-directional spur line to the purple and one to the grey. I guess the other two can be another full line if someone wants to expand out from Katzegard at some point? Either way I think you allocated roughly enough space already.

Yeah, it can be. I just set up the platforms and such temporarily to get some feedback.

If you want to base it more on Waterloo, do you want to angle the wings forward any, or leave them on straight 90º axes?

Leave them on straight 90-degree axes.

Also, are you going to want to regrade that little hill/lip in front of the station so that you get a more majestic view?

We might. How much of a regrade are we thinking?

Let me know when you'll be around to work on it on the server, I can make myself pretty available if I know beforehand and I'm close to your timezone :)

(and yes, I know you asked those questions in the video, but dammit I need answers!)

Should be around in the evenings, after 6 p.m. Eastern.

Alright, answers :D

Fuchsdh

Should be around in the evenings, after 6 p.m. Eastern.

Alright, answers :D

Ok nothing special this week going on so I'll be loitering around. :)

I have some iron and rails to donate if you'd like.

Donations appreciated! There's some chests at the intersection of Routes 4 and 7, in the valley SW of Nihon's place, close to where the train station build is.

...and I built out the spur station to Dry's. Still need to tunnel to the vicinity of Katzegard station, it's a lot further east of the station than I realized.

Top Bottom