• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

It seems some greedy fellow took about 25 stacks of iron ingots from a chest at thornhackson's iron golem farm. He doesn't mind sharing but please be reasonable, taking that much is going overboard. Remember, he only left the chests unlocked as a courtesy. Abusing this courtesy only spoils it for everyone else as the chests are now locked up solid. If you come forward and return it we won't think less of you. Afterall, we value honesty and fair play. :)

It seems some greedy fellow took about 25 stacks of iron ingots from a chest at thornhackson's iron golem farm. He doesn't mind sharing but please be reasonable, taking that much is going overboard. Remember, he only left the chests unlocked as a courtesy. Abusing this courtesy only spoils it for everyone else as the chests are now locked up solid. If you come forward and return it we won't think less of you. Afterall, we value honesty and fair play. :)

Reading this bums me out.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So? Is the farm in a place where people always are and is it connected to an automatic piston and does it have a series of hoppers and chests? How many towers is it? My family server has one and I connected it to the automatic piston and hopper so it gathers about 10 stacks in an 8 hour period of continuous chunk load.

I mean if you need that much iron. More towers could be very useful.

Of course I don't know the situation on MineGAF.. er NeoCraft.

Still, they must have some huge project. 25 stacks is a lot of iron.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I'm the iron bandit, sorry i had thought it was a public grinder.

I was going to return what i didnt need but i was pretty burned out after finishing up yesterday and just logged off and went to sleep. :(

i put back the 13 stacks i didnt need and ill mine iron as i go about my coal mining today, since i dont know where i have to afk to get the thing running.

Grinchy

Banned
aXkzYui.jpg

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
i put back the 13 stacks i didnt need and ill mine iron as i go about my coal mining today, since i dont know where i have to afk to get the thing running.
Anywhere in the general area. As long as the grinder chunks are active they'll be working. Ours has two towers with 4 areas and (At the time it had 3) I AFK'd for 8 hours and ended up with 10 stacks of iron.

belushy

Banned
An Iron farm? I didn't even know you could make those. I've mined up a solid 1 and a half stack of iron blocks by caving. Might have to look into making one myself lol

celebi23

So, you guys wanna know what I'm working on? I'm converting the old-style texture pack (found in the Mass Effect mash-up for the Xbox 360 version) into a resource pack. I luckily found an app that automatically spliced the items & terrain images into 16x16 images. I'm about 1/3 of the way done replacing the item images and then off to do the terrain images (and anything I missed) next. Here's the preview version:
MassEffect3.zip
Just place the "MassEffect3" folder into the "resourcepacks" folder and select it from the Resource Packs menu.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
An Iron farm? I didn't even know you could make those. I've mined up a solid 1 and a half stack of iron blocks by caving. Might have to look into making one myself lol

I've got lots of iron farms all over the server. They are called branch mines, LOL! :D

Seriously, I'm going to have to check out this iron farm for myself, because I have no idea how it would work.

I've got lots of iron farms all over the server. They are called branch mines, LOL! :D

Seriously, I'm going to have to check out this iron farm for myself, because I have no idea how it would work.

It spawns and destroys iron golems, I presume. I have one on my server. It's been essential since I have a deep and abiding love of hoppers, rails and iron fence.

Sarcasm

So, you guys wanna know what I'm working on? I'm converting the old-style texture pack (found in the Mass Effect mash-up for the Xbox 360 version) into a resource pack. I luckily found an app that automatically spliced the items & terrain images into 16x16 images. I'm about 1/3 of the way done replacing the item images and then off to do the terrain images (and anything I missed) next. Here's the preview version:
MassEffect3.zip
Just place the "MassEffect3" folder into the "resourcepacks" folder and select it from the Resource Packs menu.

Is it just the armour atm?

kidko

MassEffect3.zip

Got any pix?

celebi23

Ok, here's an updated version of my resource pack:
MassEffect3_2.0.zip
I replaced 98% of the items and got a decent start on the textures. I'm beginning to realize how silly the textures look when not used in a Mass Effect-centric map. So, should I finish replacing the textures or just stop now?

Sarcasm

Ok, here's an updated version of my resource pack:
MassEffect3_2.0.zip
I replaced 98% of the items and got a decent start on the textures. I'm beginning to realize how silly the textures look when not used in a Mass Effect-centric map. So, should I finish replacing the textures or just stop now?

Only continue if your enjoy doing this. I am using it by the way. Also 32x??

celebi23

Only continue if your enjoy doing this. I am using it by the way. Also 32x??

I may take a break from it for a few days. Awesome :D Can't do 32x. The textures/images from the Mass Effect 3 Mash Up Pack (for the 360 version) are only 16x16 :/

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Got back into this a couple of days ago. I've currently set up a server with a friend and we're using a couple of mods: ExtraBiomesXL, Metallurgy, Quiver Mod and Bibliocraft.

Anyone have any more recommendations for mods? Are there any good ones that add a new realm to the game?

Sarcasm

Got back into this a couple of days ago. I've currently set up a server with a friend and we're using a couple of mods: ExtraBiomesXL, Metallurgy, Quiver Mod and Bibliocraft.

Anyone have any more recommendations for mods? Are there any good ones that add a new realm to the game?

Use Biomes O'Plenty over EBXL. You going to do anything power wise?

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
You mean redstone mods? I've never tried one of those. Which one would you recommend?

O'Plenty looks cool, but what will happen to my existing BiomesXL chunks? Won't it be a huge mess?

Sarcasm

You mean redstone mods? I've never tried one of those. Which one would you recommend?

O'Plenty looks cool, but what will happen to my existing BiomesXL chunks? Won't it be a huge mess?

If you were using 1.4.7 it would be an issue. But supposedly the chunks are predetermined anymore so if you change it should be fine.

I was asking more of like IC2/Buildcraft/UE stuff.

I perfer Mekanism myself.

Mirk

Since no one has really been playing the FTB server lately. I have set it up with the latest
Snapshot if anyone wants to derp around in it. The white-list is the same as the ftb server
so if you can't get in send me a pm.

Quote to see ip!!

-Minsc-

Since no one has really been playing the FTB server lately. I have set it up with the latest
Snapshot if anyone wants to derp around in it. The white-list is the same as the ftb server

Quote to see ip!!

Cool!

A few of us actually wandered on the FTB server the other night for a bit.

mr.beers

Quote to see ip!!

Might do some derping tonight.

Are you going to go back to FTB when the 1.6 mindcrack pack is released?

Mirk

Might do some derping tonight.

Are you going to go back to FTB when the 1.6 mindcrack pack is released?

Yup it will still be a FTB server. I'll change it back to FTB whenever anyone wants to play on it still have the world there.

For 1.6 we may have to make a new world depending on the world file working with the new pack. If it doesn't work I'll host the old world for download.

DrTeflon

I don't play minecraft In ages, could someone explain to me what exactly is FTB? I've heard about it but never quite understood what's up with that. Also I should play on Neo craft now that I have an account but too scared to be unable to build something as awesome as you guys =/

Sarcasm

I don't play minecraft In ages, could someone explain to me what exactly is FTB? I've heard about it but never quite understood what's up with that. Also I should play on Neo craft now that I have an account but too scared to be unable to build something as awesome as you guys =/

Its a collection of mods. FTB just stands for Feed the beast. If your interested..try out Unleashed for 1.5.2 or Resonant Rise for 1.5.2

Vlad

Mirk, you'll probably need to make a new world because RedPower is gonna be dead and that'll mess with a ton of machinery.

Awwww, that's a shame to hear. I know that there was some issue with the update to current Minecraft, but that's one of my absolute favorite mods.

And it won't just mess with the machinery. The marble and basalt that almost everybody uses at least some of is from RedPower, as well.

Awwww, that's a shame to hear. I know that there was some issue with the update to current Minecraft, but that's one of my absolute favorite mods.

And it won't just mess with the machinery. The marble and basalt that almost everybody uses at least some of is from RedPower, as well.

I know. :( I'm more sad about that. #savethemarbleandbasalt

mr.beers

Seems the mod author of red power is off the grid so to speak she had not mentioned wether or not she will update(last update was 1.47). There are other replacements for the mod however and might be available in FTB.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
enter portal 1a, exit portal 1b
enter portal 2a, exit portal 2b
enter portal 1b, exit portal 1a
enter portal 2b, exit portal 1a

why u do this game.

Taffer

enter portal 1a, exit portal 1b
enter portal 2a, exit portal 2b
enter portal 1b, exit portal 1a
enter portal 2b, exit portal 1a

why u do this game.

Q30MN50.png

All from entering the same portal in the nether. I built one on GAFland that chose to link to one of Minsc's 400 blocks away.

I wish I could come join you in Gaf-land. Do we have a world on 360?
I believe the 360 version has a separate topic entirely... They might've put together something, I dunno.

Also, given how spread-out we've gotten on this server, the 360's miniscule (in comparison) maps wouldn't be able to contain us. :p

-Minsc-

All from entering the same portal in the nether. I built one on GAFland that chose to link to one of Minsc's 400 blocks away.

Incase you don't know there's a trick to nether portals. Doing some quick math should allow you to place a portal exactly where you want it. Get the X and Z (Y shouldn't matter) coordinates of your overworld portal location then divide each on by 8. The resulting answers will give you the coordinates for where to build your portal in the Nether. These coordinates may be hovering over the middle of a lava lake, in that case just build a cobble platform to that location (similar to how we did at spawn). Build the portal, activate, and you should be set.

I believe the 360 version has a separate topic entirely... They might've put together something, I dunno.

Also, given how spread-out we've gotten on this server, the 360's miniscule (in comparison) maps wouldn't be able to contain us. :p

We would have to reset the map every 3-4 weeks. ;) It would be Mengy's dream.

Edit: For those not interested, the NeoCraft Minecraft OT2: Wall of Shame (Belated). The top 20 posters in the old OT.

Ranger X 1,330
Ark 914
Mengy 708
bengraven 558
Jasoco 510
Grinchy 489
-Minsc- 448
ArtistDude88 407
NihonTiger90 369
CharmingCharlie 334
CrAzYLeGzLU 320
mrklaw 273
Mik2121 265
Vlad 253
Xun 240
legacyzero 235
Blizzard 204
xenoflux2113 194
defel 167
Jhriad 160

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Incase you don't know there's a trick to nether portals. Doing some quick math should allow you to place a portal exactly where you want it. Get the X and Z (Y shouldn't matter) coordinates of your overworld portal location then divide each on by 8. The resulting answers will give you the coordinates for where to build your portal in the Nether. These coordinates may be hovering over the middle of a lava lake, in that case just build a cobble platform to that location (similar to how we did at spawn). Build the portal, activate, and you should be set.
This is what i did, it's still broken going nether-overworld despite working going overworld to nether.

-Minsc-

Oh God. LOL
I am still leading this shit and I ain't even playing the game much anymore lol

For comparison, the current stats in OT3. :)

Sarcasm 78
-Minsc- 59
Ark 58
Mengy 55
xenoflux2113 43
kidko 41
Pandaman 40
Morokh 39
Grinchy 37
CharmingCharlie 27
Seanspeed 25
dangerbyrnes 24
belucheez 22
Wired 20
EVIL 18
NihonTiger90 18
defel 17
Mirk 16
M4shy 15
The Real Abed 14

Taffer

Yeah, I'm in the middle of sorting it but I keep crashing in the Nether. It's not urgent anyway.

For comparison, the current stats in OT3. :)

Sarcasm 78
-Minsc- 59
Ark 58
Mengy 55
xenoflux2113 43
kidko 41
Pandaman 40
Morokh 39
Grinchy 37
CharmingCharlie 27
Seanspeed 25
dangerbyrnes 24
belucheez 22
Wired 20
EVIL 18
NihonTiger90 18
defel 17
Mirk 16
M4shy 15
The Real Abed 14

Well thats better my name isn't on the list... oh.. damn.

Shame. I wanted to play with Gaf. My 360 server shut down. Guess its time to get a decent PC for minecraft.

Top Bottom