• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Ark

Edit: For those not interested, the NeoCraft Minecraft OT2: Wall of Shame (Belated). The top 20 posters in the old OT.

Ranger X 1,330
Ark 914
Mengy 708
bengraven 558
Jasoco 510
Grinchy 489
-Minsc- 448
ArtistDude88 407
NihonTiger90 369
CharmingCharlie 334
CrAzYLeGzLU 320
mrklaw 273
Mik2121 265
Vlad 253
Xun 240
legacyzero 235
Blizzard 204
xenoflux2113 194
defel 167
Jhriad 160

How the crap did I maintain second. Wow hahaha.

Crispy75

Oh god what have I done >_<

I've downloaded Minecraft again and it's got its hooks back in me, that's what I've done.

@Ark - Could you whitelist me on GafLand? Username's the same as here.

Architectural Credentials: http://crispy75.imgur.com/monastary_of_knowledge_and_magic

Mucxrh.jpg

-Minsc-

Oh god what have I done >_<

I've downloaded Minecraft again and it's got its hooks back in me, that's what I've done.

@Ark - Could you whitelist me on GafLand? Username's the same as here.

Architectural Credentials: http://crispy75.imgur.com/monastary_of_knowledge_and_magic]

Awesome, welcome to the server. :)

Be aware the GafLand map is survival only (creeper damage is turned off). For any creative needs the old NeoCraft map is still available. Both are accessible on the same server through multi-verse.

Crispy75

Nah, I'm keen on survival this time round. Much more satisfying IMO. Cheers for the welcome and see you on the server!

EDIT: Ah, I see this was not an "official" welcome and whitelisting still awaits...
Probably for the best, I have some important stuff to do right now and don't need to be distracted :D

SteveWD40

I too would like to be whitelisted for the new server, same username as here. I was on the old one for a while but GafLand sounds like fun.

Any recommended mods / texture packs these days? I am way behind.

SteveWD40

So I added the server ip in the OP and it takes me back to the old NeoGaf one, my old place is still there but nothing seems to work (can't go through doors and items won't stay in the hotbar), how do you get to the Gafland server?

Crispy75

So I added the server ip in the OP and it takes me back to the old NeoGaf one, my old place is still there but nothing seems to work (can't go through doors and items won't stay in the hotbar), how do you get to the Gafland server?
You need to be re-whitelisted. Then type /mv tp gafland into chat.

Taffer

Type "/mv tp gafland" to warp to the new GAFland world. Permissions were borked a while back, you'll need to be re-added to the whitelist so post your in-game name.

Sarcasm

I want a round portal. With DHDs and chevrons!

Holy Shit! Dinnerbone is upgrading the nether portal code, look what is possible now:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

That's too awesome, we can make portals now with odd widths!! And any size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be my favorite feature of 1.7 now, even more than biomes, LOL.

About freaking time. One of my favorite mods was the stargate one. Good to see they finally allowing odd shapes vanilla.

SG works in 1.4.7-1.6.2 heh.

This isn't that odd; it's still a rectangle. Just a bigger rectangle.

Lemme know when really odd shapes are, in fact, possible.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This isn't that odd; it's still a rectangle. Just a bigger rectangle.

Lemme know when really odd shapes are, in fact, possible.

10_19-53-50_22cPJCCVd.png

Like this? Posted by Dinnerbone today.

Oh, and by odd I meant odd widths, like 5 blocks wide instead of 4. I often make 3 block wide halls and rooms and buildings, and having the portals always 4 blocks wide often messes with my OCD symmetry. It won't be a problem after 1.7 now, WOOT!

These updates to portals are awesome. My only wish is to have a portal to the nether that is horizontal. If I could do that I would be so happy.

Ark

YESSSS

A reason to start building defenses!

MAN THE CANNONS

I originally set the mob limit from 75 to 20k, realised that was far too many then lowered it to 2k thinking that was far more reasonable. Being wrong of course, I've now lowered it to 275. We'll see how that works out for now :p

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yes! I definitely want to be able to make an odd sized portal. Since I hate unsymmetrical stuff and a lot of the time I work in odds. I want my portal centered on a 3 wide doorway. Boom. 1.7 gonna be awesome.

Genji

Been playing on the NeoCraft side with a friend while we get our feet wet with Minecraft. Will probably make the switch over to the Gafland server later on, which is where everyone seems to be. You guys are all super friendly btw, makes it fun to hop on the server :)

That portal update is awesome. I'm sick of turning my portals sideways in my builds because they don't center. Hopefully you can do one with a 2x1 opening so a horse can't get through.

Genji

Any suggestions for how to get nether quartz on NeoCraft? Went looking around the nether and checked near the lava, under the lava, and up closer to the ceiling. Dug all around and no luck and even took a turn at strip mining at various depths. Glowstone was common enough, but couldn't even find a single quartz.

Crispy75

I'm building a bridge over the little lake to the West of spawn. How precious is the layout of steps coming off the spawn building? I'd like to integrate my bridge so you don't have to go down to ground level then back up again, but also don't want to step on anyone's toes.

-Minsc-

Any suggestions for how to get nether quartz on NeoCraft? Went looking around the nether and checked near the lava, under the lava, and up closer to the ceiling. Dug all around and no luck and even took a turn at strip mining at various depths. Glowstone was common enough, but couldn't even find a single quartz.

This is the old NeoCraft map right? You'll have to venture out to a section of the map added after the 1.5 updated. A safe bet would be too go to the wither warp then proceed in the opposite direction of the maps centre.

I'm building a bridge over the little lake to the West of spawn. How precious is the layout of steps coming off the spawn building? I'd like to integrate my bridge so you don't have to go down to ground level then back up again, but also don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Well it was little ole me that did the spawn area on Gafland. I aint going to beat you up if you want to do something to the steps ;-) . Unfortunately you might not be able to do anything to the spawn area because of the spawn protection (this is to prevent griefing in the spawn area).

I am not 100% sure whether the steps extend out past the spawn protection area. So if I was you I would double check you can destroy/build where the steps are before you commit any time to the bridge.

Genji

This is the old NeoCraft map right? You'll have to venture out to a section of the map added after the 1.5 updated. A safe bet would be too go to the wither warp then proceed in the opposite direction of the maps centre.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the explanation. Will head to the wither warp and see if I can get a new chunk to load that has the quartz.

Top Bottom