• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

hey Nihon, I like that you make those vids on our server, it's super cool to be able to see things from other perspectives! I like to be able to see our little town from work when I can't login.

If I could make a small request... feel free to ignore or whatever, but when you're doing the parts where you're just talking about meta stuff about your show and minecon and stuff like that, maybe you could do some walking around the town and showing some different stuff. Take a stroll down a road and see where it goes, etc. It gets kinda dizzying to watch you run in circles around the edge of your house.

pin cushion Minsc was brill

I like the sound of this. Since the map is still fairly young it would be a great time to go exploring and feel like you could actually show off all there is to see. :)

hey Nihon, I like that you make those vids on our server, it's super cool to be able to see things from other perspectives! I like to be able to see our little town from work when I can't login.

If I could make a small request... feel free to ignore or whatever, but when you're doing the parts where you're just talking about meta stuff about your show and minecon and stuff like that, maybe you could do some walking around the town and showing some different stuff. Take a stroll down a road and see where it goes, etc. It gets kinda dizzying to watch you run in circles around the edge of your house.

pin cushion Minsc was brill

Haha, sure, I'll take that advice. :) I never know what to do so I always end up doing something like Vechs does (jumping around where ever I am) so I'll try to go out and explore in the future. I haven't done much of that lately, anyways.

I was walking around last night, partly because of moving locations for a bit, and there are some really cool builds already to show Nihon. When you see the empty husk of a half build south of the panda grinder, well, you can cut that out of the video. I'll get back to that build but I moved to an island in the north east for a bit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I was walking around last night, partly because of moving locations for a bit, and there are some really cool builds already to show Nihon. When you see the empty husk of a half build south of the panda grinder, well, you can cut that out of the video. I'll get back to that build but I moved to an island in the north east for a bit.
come back to team south. it's not just me anymore, we have neighbours! :(

I spent 6 speed potions trying to see Shane's building/thing and still didnt get there.
Thats a line that needs to be drawn.

If my place gets cut, then my only request is that I get creative for a day so I can fill the entire thing with TNT and blow it up. I build with the full knowledge that eventually it'll get deleted or I'll just get tired of it and blow it up. The only reason I probably haven't blown it up yet is because of that long period of little to no mob spawning so I couldn't get a good amount of gunpowder.

Drazgul

Why?

If you live thousands of blocks out, your house is either going to be wiped in a trim or in a general map reset. There's no happy ending out there.

Yeah, I get that some people want a whole continent for themselves and really just use the chat to socialize, but it tends to get a bit tiresome on smaller servers at least (haven't played on any Gaf servers, myself) when you never see anyone in-person. Might as well play single player at that point.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
...oh, wait, my house was at (250, -2462). That's within the 3000 block limit. Sorry, I thought mine was in the -4000s. Evidently not.
only the most extreme of loners would suffer under a 3000 block limit, its such a ridiculous amount of space that even remote places like the witch farms, the dome, wooleys island, etc all fall within it.

plus its small enough for an easy nether path to new biomes in a post 1.7 environment.

Looking at the map, would that be anyone besides me? Even Charlie is only about 2000 blocks from spawn.

You were just trying to single me out, admit it Panda.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Looking at the map, would that be anyone besides me? Even Charlie is only about 2000 blocks from spawn.

You were just trying to single me out, admit it Panda.
frankly id be happy with a general map reset, 3000 was just a number. im only really attached to my first horse, everything else ive built disappoints me in some way or another.

a number that can be bought for a reasonable amount of coal

My build on Gafland should now be considered "abandoned". I got fed up with the mob immigration problem and went all British National Party on them and retreated back to Neocraft.

-Minsc-

thats fine, just delete everything more than 3000 blocks from spawn.

Considering how much will be changed in 1.7 I'm actually considering placing my vote on having a whole new map. Even with a map trim it's going to be quite fugly going from the old biome generation to the new, especially around the oceans.

kidko

Considering how much will be changed in 1.7 I'm actually considering placing my vote on having a whole new map. Even with a map trim it's going to be quite fugly going from the old biome generation to the new, especially around the oceans.

Same! We can always just add a new world to the server, can't we?

kidko

So, I decided to download the latest snapshot. Loaded the thing up and noticed some changes to the menu options (this may not be new). Anyways, there is a button labeled "Super Secret Settings...".

Clicking it produces interesting results. This is just one of many.

Spoilered for those who want it kept secret.

vLuSLRP.jpg

Ranger X

So, I decided to download the latest snapshot. Loaded the thing up and noticed some changes to the menu options (this may not be new). Anyways, there is a button labeled "Super Secret Settings...".

Clicking it produces interesting results. This is just one of many.

Spoilered for those who want it kept secret.

No options like "world size" right? :(((
I supposed it will never happen as I am probably one of the very few that would love that...

zashga

Can Ark keep adding additional "dimensions" to the server, or is that too much of a burden, performance- or space-wise? Would be nice not to lose the Gafland builds...

Are we having server issues tonight? I keep on seeing the gaf server go up and down and up and down again, and if I try to access the server through the game I get this "Disconnected by Server
Outdated server!"

strange.......wanted to play MC tonight, sniffle.

Are we having server issues tonight? I keep on seeing the gaf server go up and down and up and down again, and if I try to access the server through the game I get this "Disconnected by Server
Outdated server!"

strange.......wanted to play MC tonight, sniffle.

This happened to me until i realized the new launcher got the 1.6.4 update. I had to edit my profile in the launcher to use 1.6.2, since that is what the server is running, and everything is gravy.

Morokh

Can Ark keep adding additional "dimensions" to the server, or is that too much of a burden, performance- or space-wise? Would be nice not to lose the Gafland builds...

It runs fine with two but far from perfect, and some details still haven't been figured out, adding more would certainly be a headache for everyone more than anything.

As much as it would suck to lose everything on Gafland due to a wipe for 1.7, I am fine with it. I mean look at how much Gafland has grown in the short time its been up. I am sure we could do amazing things on Gafland 2.0 even faster.

And there is always the option to build on Neocraft if you don't want your builds wiped. There is still plenty of room and resources there too. And contrary to popular belief you don't have to be in creative on Neocraft.

Crispy75

Building stuff is what's fun for me. Once it's built, as long as someone gets to see it and tells me how awesome I am, I don't really care if it gets wiped :)

Top Bottom