• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Woorloog

Banned
Currently there are absolutely zero plans for Minecraft 2. Although, the argument could be said that they plan to transition Minecraft into a 2.0 version within a year or two, which is three updates from now.

Or not. They could make Minecraft 1.10, and then 1.11 and so on...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I died with all my stuff on my in 1.7.2. Does loot still only persist for 5 minutes then disappear?
Yes. But the timer stops when you unload the chunk. So if you remember where you died you have plenty of time go get back. Unless it's a server and another player just happens to have that chunk loaded.

Wookieomg

All sorted you should be able to interact with the world now. As for rules well it's mainly just common sense stuff like don't be a dick on other peoples builds and if you use other peoples farms/animals then at least replant the crops and repopulate the animals.

In terms of where you can build you can build pretty much anywhere there is free space. There are a couple of community builds on the Neocraft world that have specific rules regarding style and design but outside that you can build what and where you like

Awesome, thank you! :D I'll join you all shortly! Also, is there an ETA for when the server will be moved to 1.7.2?

belushy

Banned
Damn, sucks I missed that! Though I wouldn't feel right blowing up other peoples stuff especially after I didn't really play on NeoCraft.

edit: Oh I see the date of the video now. I thought it was something that just happened lol

-Minsc-

Damn, sucks I missed that! Though I wouldn't feel right blowing up other peoples stuff especially after I didn't really play on NeoCraft.

edit: Oh I see the date of the video now. I thought it was something that just happened lol

Yeah, this was over a year ago when we did a trim of the NeoCraft map. Since the map was trimmed offline any progress done online would have been lost. We took that opportunity to blow EVERYTHING up. Then the trimmed map was uploaded and it was as if "Blow Shit Up Day" never** happened.

Edit: I was right beside the fortress placing some TNT when the place blew. It near instantly froze my computer then froze my computer a couple more times when I tried to rejoin. If you take notice I never successfully relogin before the end of the video.

** Little did a few of us know the Nether and The End were not backed up. In reality the world didn't go by completely unscathed. ;)

Ah blow up crap day, that was a fun weekend. Yup we are most definitely doing that again when the server updates to 1.7.2 we will have a weekend (from Friday to Sunday) blowing the hell out of everything on Neocraft and Gafland .... erm try to leave the Endzone and the Netherzone alone this time :p

Too bad shadowplay doesn't work with Minecraft would've helped to keep the framerate decent during these explosions whilst recording ...... oh who am I kidding nothing will keep the framerate steady with over 10,000 blocks of TNT going off.

To those that weren't with us for the first "blow crap up" day everyone gets creative mode which enables flying and full TNT privileges so don't worry about having to hoard TNT for the event.

Not sure which I am looking forward to more ? the stainless glass in 1.7.2 or demolishing Dome City all over again.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
I've been rather amazed with what people are building with the simple inclusion of hoppers and compariters, I may try messing around in vanilla, or at least a severely reduced mod-set. Shame that Multi-Mine, one of the most important mods I mentioned in my mini-mod-spotlight, has to be installed server-side to work in SMP.

On a completely unrelated note, Neocraft is either lagging severely or I've lost access rights. ("FranticFanatic") Any possibility of getting one of you hoopleheaded lovely server mods to investigate this situation? And if I did actually manage to accidentally flood the potato farm, I apologize.

On a completely unrelated note, Neocraft is either lagging severely or I've lost access rights. ("FranticFanatic") Any possibility of getting one of you hoopleheaded lovely server mods to investigate this situation? And if I did actually manage to accidentally flood the potato farm, I apologize.

I heard a rumour that someone accidentally lost the permissions list and by "rumour" I mean "I laughed when Ark told me he deleted the permissions list before backing it up" :p So yeah we had to start the whitelist again and have been adding people ever since. Anyway you are back on it now so you should be able to interact with the world.

Don't forget if you want to check out gafland you have to typle /mv tp gafland.

Mirk

So I picked up a dell venue 8 pro. This little thing runs 1.7.2 well! With a few tweaks I got it running at a smooth 30fps. So I get to play mc at work again!

Looking forward to blowing stuff up. Goodluck with my castle thou obsidian/bedrock > your tnt :p

-Minsc-

So I picked up a dell venue 8 pro. This little thing runs 1.7.2 well! With a few tweaks I got it running at a smooth 30fps. So I get to play mc at work again!

Looking forward to blowing stuff up. Goodluck with my castle thou obsidian/bedrock > your tnt :p

A quick command can turn obsidian/bedrock in to TNT. ;)

Initial thoughts are that an amplified world sucks donkey balls
:(
I actually came here to ask if anyone is running a pure survival Amplified server, or has any interest to. I quite like it, it makes exploring fun again and creates an interesting challenge for crafting as well as gathering resources. Even better is how some of the overhangs cast shadows for enemy mobs to spawn on even during the day, creating sort of battle zones to clear out with friends and light up. Sure sometimes the spawn in on a random island like you said, but that's the same in normal mode as well.

kennah

I actually came here to ask if anyone is running a pure survival Amplified server, or has any interest to. I quite like it, it makes exploring fun again and creates an interesting challenge for crafting as well as gathering resources. Even better is how some of the overhangs cast shadows for enemy mobs to spawn on even during the day, creating sort of battle zones to clear out with friends and light up. Sure sometimes the spawn in on a random island like you said, but that's the same in normal mode as well.

I looooove the amplified worlds, even though they won't run well at all on my laptop :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I have an amplified world that I've dabbled in with single player and I like it alot. It's a very different atmosphere than a normal world, that's for sure. The performance hit does bother me though, so I'll probably keep playing my normal SSP world much more often. I'm curious to see though once optifine gets updated for 1.7 how much it improves the amplified world playability.

I don't think I'd want to play a server running amplified though, not unless the server was a cray super computer or something...

Drazgul

I have no performance hit on amplified worlds, but I'm not sure if playing vanilla MC in one would be that much fun. Those massive mountains are practically everywhere, and since vanilla doesn't have anything to really help with vertical scaling, I'd probably start to hate it before long.

Once mods will start supporting 1.7 though, amp worlds will be great. Jetpacks, wheee!

Anyone else having issues connecting? I can't seem to get into NeoCraft... :/

Multiplayer servers were down earlier.

i just assume crispy has a texture pack where sandstone doesnt clash as hard. >_>

Probably so. :)

Thanks for the mention. I can really tell how big and important this whole thing is to you. :)

Thanks again! :) And yeah, it's been super important to me.

UF_C

Banned
Playing 1.7.2 SP last night. The carpet additions were great, until I tried using them. For a full room, they looked nice....but if you tried to carpet a stairway, it just wouldn't work right. Or, if you close off a carpeted room with a door, you can't actually place the door over the carpet you just laid down. Took me completely out of the game seeing grass and dirt under the door of my house that's made of stone and had carpet floors. Carpet needs work.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Playing 1.7.2 SP last night. The carpet additions were great, until I tried using them. For a full room, they looked nice....but if you tried to carpet a stairway, it just wouldn't work right. Or, if you close off a carpeted room with a door, you can't actually place the door over the carpet you just laid down. Took me completely out of the game seeing grass and dirt under the door of my house that's made of stone and had carpet floors. Carpet needs work.
Two blocks can't occupy the same space.

Also, why is there dirt under the door? Replace it with wood or stone.

So I finally got white listed into a friendly amplified survival server. It's not hitting my performance noticeably at all, and I'm not on a very good computer at all. Granted, I'm ok with 20-30 FPS.

As for playing in vanilla and verticality, it's not that made. I wandered a few hundred blocks from spawn to find a nice place to set up, and decided to build within this massive overhang to make things interesting. It was very fun trying to clear it from monsters and light it up. I then flattened out some distrinctive floors and made stair cases, made a nice underground tree/chicken farm, and crafted a bunch of bridges to all the cool looking places (and actual bridges, not just 1xN dirt bridges). The verticality and the challenges it presents is the fun part to me. Having jetpacks would make that boring.

-Minsc-

Sooooooo,

Last night I took a trip to the nether via my portal. Well, my portal was surrounded my like four ghasts. In my attempt to take them down I accidentally arrowed a pigman in the knee. I was successful enacting the /home command.

Upon my return to the nether, I attempt to run up a makeshift cobble stair I made to a more open and safer area.. This resulted in me getting knocked to the lava. Burned. Bye, bye enchanted diamond picks and some enchanted armor.

Using Panda's handy dandy exp farm I successfully regained my lost enchanted picks. Today I return to the nether and work on cleaning up the mess of nether portals spawned during last nights ghast adventures. Clearing the last unwanted portal off my newly constructed portal bunker I hop down and meet an agro-ed pigman. Back in the lava I go. You all should be able to finish the rest of the story.

I may now go make an attempt to break in Panda's tool storage shed.

Weird holorgram-like thing in The End...

ibamymZOJe4mU8.gif

MackVee

Neo Member
So this mumble server, I've tried connecting to it using 85.236.101.45:5262 but it's refusing connection. Is it offline?

Oh, we serious about this UHC? Be great to do a recording session.

So this mumble server, I've tried connecting to it using 85.236.101.45:5262 but it's refusing connection. Is it offline?

Oh, we serious about this UHC? Be great to do a recording session.

Oddly enough it was offline, I have turned it back on now so you should be able to connect and enjoy the sweet sweet silence :p

-Minsc-

Hey, look, it's NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 64 - Maple Syrup, featuring the Canadian wonder Minsc! It's also hopefully the first of many episodes featuring you guys actually on the mic (if you want to). :)

*click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click*

Yeah, I should adjust my mic volume or something.

Was a fun time, looking forward to more outings (hopefully with more people).

Ah blow up crap day, that was a fun weekend. Yup we are most definitely doing that again when the server updates to 1.7.2 we will have a weekend (from Friday to Sunday) blowing the hell out of everything on Neocraft and Gafland .... erm try to leave the Endzone and the Netherzone alone this time :p

Too bad shadowplay doesn't work with Minecraft would've helped to keep the framerate decent during these explosions whilst recording ...... oh who am I kidding nothing will keep the framerate steady with over 10,000 blocks of TNT going off.

To those that weren't with us for the first "blow crap up" day everyone gets creative mode which enables flying and full TNT privileges so don't worry about having to hoard TNT for the event.

Not sure which I am looking forward to more ? the stainless glass in 1.7.2 or demolishing Dome City all over again.

Ahhh. Blow crap up day... I missed like half of the fun because I was the lucky one in charge of trimming the map. :) I need to get back into MC again once my new computer is finished since my old one crapped the bed.

Hi! Just started up Minecraft after a while away.... and i saw there was an update (or two) since the last time i played. Will I have to start a new world in order to experience the full effects? like the added biomes? I'd hate to have to start "Horse Vagina Island" again!

P.S. one day i shall be confident enough to join Neocraft I hope

-Minsc-

Hi! Just started up Minecraft after a while away.... and i saw there was an update (or two) since the last time i played. Will I have to start a new world in order to experience the full effects? like the added biomes? I'd hate to have to start "Horse Vagina Island" again!

You can use existing worlds but to get the new biomes and biome realated changes you'll need to venture in to unexplored chunks.

Ahhh. Blow crap up day... I missed like half of the fun because I was the lucky one in charge of trimming the map. :) I need to get back into MC again once my new computer is finished since my old one crapped the bed.

OHHHHHHH MYYY GOD, how ya doing me ole mucker ? I thought all you healthcare workers were thrown off the fiscal cliff in sacrifice to the great god Obamacare ;-) . But seriously you need to get back on minecraft and finish Domepolis for me cos I can't be arsed.

I'd hate to have to start "Horse Vagina Island" again!

Yeah I have a Miley Cyrus world meself :p

Don't let the mighty Neocraft server intimidate you, we are all a bunch of idiots on there. We are always more than happy to make anyone welcome ..... well we tried to get rid of Dryuriev but there is no getting rid of him. I can understand where you come from though a world server can be an intimidating place (hell I spent the first 6 months of Neocraft hiding in a small corner of the world).

In my view online is the same as singleplayer except you get to chat to fellow gaffers and think "how are these people not on some sort of restraining order ?".

So I've been playing Minecraft for a year now and have never used maps up until this point. Man this makes things a lot easier :p

Just started this world a few days ago with a friend, this really helps in planning where to place new buildings. Mesa biome is sweet!

It's also very nice to be able to know exactly where to go for my village trade routes. Pack up my trading goods on my mule, tether him and get on my trusty stead, and roll into the sunrise confident that I won't get lost.

Yeah, not that big a deal for everyone else, but this stupidly simple discovery has really revamped the game for me. Most complex navigation tool I've used before was a compass, or F3 to track down coordinates, but I always hate that because it feels like cheating. I also tried Rei's mini-map for awhile, but removed it pretty quickly because again it feels like cheating (just my perspective).

You can use existing worlds but to get the new biomes and biome realated changes you'll need to venture in to unexplored chunks.

Thanks! Looks like I have exploring to do!

In my view online is the same as singleplayer except you get to chat to fellow gaffers and think "how are these people not on some sort of restraining order ?".

Haha.. I'll see if I can gather enough Minecraft mojo to venture in soon :)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So I've been playing Minecraft for a year now and have never used maps up until this point. Man this makes things a lot easier :p

Just started this world a few days ago with a friend, this really helps in planning where to place new buildings. Mesa biome is sweet!

It's also very nice to be able to know exactly where to go for my village trade routes. Pack up my trading goods on my mule, tether him and get on my trusty stead, and roll into the sunrise confident that I won't get lost.
Yeah, the new maps are AWESOME. I posted a shot of mine a while ago. It's so convenient. But I hate that it doesn't update by itself. If I were Mojang I'd store the map pixel color data in the chunks and just have the game load that data when reloading the chunk that holds the maps so they could be up to date more often. Right now you have to knock them off and put them back after viewing them. Sometimes you have to actually take the map to the chunks that the map is for and have it refresh. It's annoying and inconvenient.

Sarcasm

Yeah, not that big a deal for everyone else, but this stupidly simple discovery has really revamped the game for me. Most complex navigation tool I've used before was a compass, or F3 to track down coordinates, but I always hate that because it feels like cheating. I also tried Rei's mini-map for awhile, but removed it pretty quickly because again it feels like cheating (just my perspective).

Its why I typically suggest to people if they feel REI/ZAN is a hack, mapwriter. No tracking and can only see waypoints on the big map.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1570989-164-forge-mapwriter-an-open-source-mini-map/

The coolest feature is:

The areas you explore are saved and can be viewed by scrolling or zooming the map, even when you are in a completely different part of the world. Another feature is that once you are done exploring for the day you can press 'm' then 'p' to create a PNG image of everywhere you have explored!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
man, im itching for some minecraft, but i don't want to invest in a ton of resources before 1.7. -_-

hurry up bukkit.

Top Bottom