• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Kuntz

Time to continue my glass pyramid project (which will evolve into an hourglass).

edit :Here is my project as of now, will turn into an ore museum (so many of them!).
For some reason there's an entire dungeon like 10 z levels below, fun down there!

I'm looking for that turtle program that was on the old FTB server, where the melee turtle would attack the monster ABOVE it. I guess my Google-fu is weak, 'cause I can't find anything like it. Was it a custom program?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
am i a hopeless dreamer to want 1.7 bukkit by new year?

I really thought we'd have it by now..

I'm almost sure it will be after Christmas. Mojang really changed a lot of in depth coding stuff this time, things that Bukkit interacts directly with.

Sucks, because I'm just chomping at the bit to start out in a fresh GAFland.

Oh man. I was Googling "great Minecraft house" to find some inspiration and nearly spit out my tea in laughter when I saw this come up in the image results:

http://blogs.birmingham.k12.mi.us/ka1sblog/2013/03/27/minecraft

I made that a long time ago with some friends on Timan's old creative server LOL.

So I went to reverse Google search it to try and find my original GAF post with the pictures. Then I proceeded to laugh even harder! The house is all over Minecraft related websites for ideas and even available as wallpapers. It's been used in several YouTubes, too! Someone's even using the picture to sell their app and one is using it for their YouTube thumb to promote selling their guide.

Oh man oh man. Hilarious stuff! I guess you really never ever know who's lurking these threads!

Here's my original posting of it for proof ;P

ore museum

This is the best idea.

So I went to reverse Google search it to try and find my original GAF post with the pictures. Then I proceeded to laugh even harder! The house is all over Minecraft related websites for ideas and even available as wallpapers. It's been used in several YouTubes, too! Someone's even using the picture to sell their app and one is using it for their YouTube thumb to promote selling their guide.
Sue them for all they're worth!

Guys I am so torn between AbsurdityCraft and Starbound right now :(

Also I still really encourage people who are waiting around for 1.7 to stop by our little community! Lots of fun stuff going on.

thespot84

This is the best idea.

Sue them for all they're worth!

Guys I am so torn between AbsurdityCraft and Starbound right now :(

Also I still really encourage people who are waiting around for 1.7 to stop by our little community! Lots of fun stuff going on.

how are you liking starbound?

Guerilla

Can someone help here guys? I pruned/trimmed my SP world which was huge with MCEdit so that the 1.72 version can create new biomes and now I have these ugly "borders" where a biome suddenly begins and it's uuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

Is there a mod within the game or MCedit to take care of the problem and connect old and new biomes seamlessly? I have the old save file with me so if I have to trim all over again I can do it.

Drazgul

Can someone help here guys? I pruned/trimmed my SP world which was huge with MCEdit so that the 1.72 version can create new biomes and now I have these ugly "borders" where a biome suddenly begins and it's uuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

Those are pretty much unavoidable because the world gen changed so considerably between versions. Either you live with it or make a new world entirely, unfortunately.

Guerilla

Those are pretty much unavoidable because the world gen changed so considerably between versions. Either you live with it or make a new world entirely, unfortunately.

Crap, so no mods to fix this? I'd assume that there would be demand for something like this, it would also help to connect two worlds (which I also need to do).

Mengy

Is there a mod within the game or MCedit to take care of the problem and connect old and new biomes seamlessly? I have the old save file with me so if I have to trim all over again I can do it.

Those are unavoidable with biome changes. You essentially have two options:

1. Learn to live with it

or

2. Clean up the borders by hand with a good old pick and shovel

I tend to go with option 2, because I can't live with it, LOL.

Starbound is awesome. Buy it!

I bought Starbound last night but it took too long to download so I haven't had the chance to play it yet. I will tonight, but I already know I'm going to love the game. I'll dabble with it during the beta phase but I won't really spend too much time with it until the official release after all the changes are complete.

-Minsc-

Oh man. I was Googling "great Minecraft house" to find some inspiration and nearly spit out my tea in laughter when I saw this come up in the image results:

http://blogs.birmingham.k12.mi.us/ka1sblog/2013/03/27/minecraft

I made that a long time ago with some friends on Timan's old creative server LOL.

Oh man oh man. Hilarious stuff! I guess you really never ever know who's lurking these threads!

Here's my original posting of it for proof ;P

Lol, good stuff. "Online identify theft." ;)

It would take hundreds of hours, my world is huge. I'm screwed.

Hold on! People be forgetting something. You could clean it up considerably faster (albeit still manually) by using WorldEdit and.or Voxel Sniper, if you're willing to figure that out. It's not actually that difficult.

Depends on how important your current world is to you. There's definitely some fun in starting over.

legacyzero

Banned
Why am I having so much trouble installing Rei's mini map...?

Does it not work in single player worlds or something??..

EDIT: nvm, i'm dumb.

but we still have a long time until Neocraft can be updated by Multiplay. If I had to guess, we won't see Neocraft update to 1.7.2 until after Christmas. :(

:( I want to get back in but I'm just waiting for 1.7.2. Also is GafLand a creative server now or do some people just have that much time to get millions of redstone? And won't it be deleted when 1.7.2 comes out with the new terrain updates or whatever? God I'm out of the loop.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
:( I want to get back in but I'm just waiting for 1.7.2. Also is GafLand a creative server now or do some people just have that much time to get millions of redstone?
fortune picks op.

And won't it be deleted when 1.7.2 comes out with the new terrain updates or whatever? God I'm out of the loop.
yep, thats why nobody is playing.

A6M3

Banned
haven't played this game in a while miss it.

whats a really nice texture pack at any of these res 128x128/64x64/32x32

fortune picks op.

Ah okay. I have some good ideas for a starting area if anyone would be interested in checking them out sometime before the reset.

I'm looking forward to 1.7.2, and hopefully being there for the beginning of a new gafland (if we make it (we are right? (okay good (parenthesis inception)))).

woolley

haven't played this game in a while miss it.

whats a really nice texture pack at any of these res 128x128/64x64/32x32
I really like using the Faithful 32x32 pack.

://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/72747-faithful-32x32-pack-updatemore-17-rose-bush-pufferfish-17/

-Minsc-

I'd still be playing on GAFland, just been busy with other things. Right now my gaming time has been spent on Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies. Making my way through the DLC case so I should be back on Minecraft in the coming week. :)

Ah okay. I have some good ideas for a starting area if anyone would be interested in checking them out sometime before the reset.

I'm looking forward to 1.7.2, and hopefully being there for the beginning of a new gafland (if we make it (we are right? (okay good (parenthesis inception)))).

There definitely will be a new GAFland. :)

Ark

:( I want to get back in but I'm just waiting for 1.7.2. Also is GafLand a creative server now or do some people just have that much time to get millions of redstone? And won't it be deleted when 1.7.2 comes out with the new terrain updates or whatever? God I'm out of the loop.

I'm in the same boat. I'm sick of BF4 crashing on me and would really like to play some 1.7.2 :l

Mengy

I'm in the same boat. I'm sick of BF4 crashing on me and would really like to play some 1.7.2 :l

I've been keeping busy with other games and my SSP world while we wait for GAFland 1.7.2, but yeah I've been jonesing hard for the server to get updated. I'm feeling the need to build something large again....

On a positive note this weekend 1.7.3 got released as a snapshot, and they finally fixed the view distance bug! It's nice to be able to see far away again. Also the game seems to run MUCH faster for me now, I mean it's like completely stutter free. I don't know what they did, but wow it just seems blazing fast and smooth now.

I was playing Minecraft the other day and while I was building I thought about how cool it would be if the game had more realistic physics that affect how and where you should build. I thought it'd be neat if you actually had to build a proper foundation for a structure to keep it standing. For instance there could be a type of wet dirt which is fed by underwater aquifers and if you don't dig the foundations deep enough, your structure would crumble (sinkholes could also be a danger). You would also need to figure out where to build proper columns to hold up the weight of floors above you (if you want multiple floors). As much as I love building ridiculous things in Minecraft that absolutely would not be structurally sound in the real world, I think I would like that extra challenge. Anyone agree?

xkramz

I was playing Minecraft the other day and while I was building I thought about how cool it would be if the game had more realistic physics that affect how and where you should build. I thought it'd be neat if you actually had to build a proper foundation for a structure to keep it standing. For instance there could be a type of wet dirt which is fed by underwater aquifers and if you don't dig the foundations deep enough, your structure would crumble (sinkholes could also be a danger). You would also need to figure out where to build proper columns to hold up the weight of floors above you (if you want multiple floors). As much as I love building ridiculous things in Minecraft that absolutely would not be structurally sound in the real world, I think I would like that extra challenge. Anyone agree?

That would be awesome. Check out enviromine mod for a little realism at least.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2150779-enviromine-a-little-bit-of-realism-164-109/

Seanspeed

Banned
Just updated to 1.7.2.

When I look around, it feels a little stuttery. I confirmed I'm running at a solid 60fps and I cant figure out what the problem is. Anybody else experience this? It kinda sucks.

Man, those graveyard dungeons are no flippin' joke. So many enemies!

2013-12-10_19.17.1580a2v.png

Also, I didn't know nano armor could break! After I got done fighting all them dudes, I noticed my pants were gone.

Ranger X

Just updated to 1.7.2.

When I look around, it feels a little stuttery. I confirmed I'm running at a solid 60fps and I cant figure out what the problem is. Anybody else experience this? It kinda sucks.

fiddle with the video options. There's much more in there and on my comp, when I changed the mipmapping setting I lost some stutter (with no apparent loss of visual quality so...)

Top Bottom