• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i remember talk of a GAF UHC long ago, did that ever happen?

could be a fun holiday activity in the absence of bukkit.

Martian

So, the PS3/PS4 versions of the game didnt release yet? I feared so.

Hopefully it will release soon, because I would gladly give my money.

I'd absolutely love to do a UHC, but I don't feel I've earned it, since I don't frequent any of the GAF servers (I have my own to worry about.)

Mirk

I believe Mirk has a server ripe for some UHC. ;) Lets start up the talk again and set up a schedule.

I'd gladly do some uhc on my server with you guys. I haven't much time to do anything lately sadly. If you guys settle on a date and what I all need to do to set it up. I think the server just has plain old 1.7.2 running on it atm. lol truthfact I even forget its there sometimes.

defel

I'd gladly do some uhc on my server with you guys. I haven't much time to do anything lately sadly. If you guys settle on a date and what I all need to do to set it up. I think the server just has plain old 1.7.2 running on it atm. lol truthfact I even forget its there sometimes.

Just to throw ideas out there: A Friday or Saturday - Something that works for the Euro and NA crowd. 6-7pm EST? is that too late for EU and too early for pacific?

Ark

Just to throw ideas out there: A Friday or Saturday - Something that works for the Euro and NA crowd. 6-7pm EST? is that too late for EU and too early for pacific?

7pm EST is like 12-2am CET/GMT.

Minecraft 1.7.4 Released!
Last updated on 10/12/2013 11:47:00 by Danielisacrab
Minecraft 1.7.4 has been released!

In order to take advantage of this fantastic new update, just make sure you're using a MINECRAFT VANILLA (1.7.4-Release) profile, and restart your server - it will be automagically updated for you!

Please note that Bukkit is still at 1.6.4,Bukkit Dev is now at 1.7.2 and Forge is still at 1.6.4.

Changelog:
+Added integrated Twitch broadcasting! See below for details.
+Fixed render distances above 8 (may not work in multiplayer, servers have their own view distance they limit you to)
+Many bug fixes and optimizations!
-Removed Herobrine

I'm actually tempted to try Bukkit Dev but I have no idea how stable it is, or if any of the plugins will even work. But we're getting closer!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm actually tempted to try Bukkit Dev but I have no idea how stable it is, or if any of the plugins will even work. But we're getting closer!

From what I've read so far, BukkitDev 1.7.2 seems to be fairly stable. Some of the new commands from 1.7 aren't implemented yet, but many 1.6 plugins work just fine as long as they are manually updated to the newest versions (that aren't yet on Multiplay), not sure if any of our mods will mess up but we have minimal mods anyway. Some people report PEX having minor issues, others say it works perfectly.

If we actually tried it, I'd recommend backing up EVERYTHING first offline, just in case something ends up failing catastrophically.

-Minsc-

7pm EST is like 12-2am CET/GMT.

All times AST (-4 GMT)

Here's some times which work for me:

Saturday, 8:00pm until I fall asleep.
Sunday, fairly open.
Tuesday, 8:00pm until sleep.
Wednesday, ditto.

Edit: BTW, is the mumble server disabled again?

UHC is OK with me if you guys can help get something set up for it. :)

Check out Terrafirma Craft, it revamps survival progression and adds structural integrity to mines.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/index.html

Warning: it changes a lot of things.

Gonna toot my own horn here, but if you want a glimpse as to just how much it changes, you can check out my TerraFirmaCrack 2 playlist from back in July. There have been additional changes by Bioxx and co. since we played this previously.

-Minsc-

Specifically enlighten me as to what exactly we mean by UHC. I know it stands for "Ultimate Hardcore" (I think). Is it a team PvP type thing or just something we go until everyone dies?

woolley

Specifically enlighten me as to what exactly we mean by UHC. I know it stands for "Ultimate Hardcore" (I think). Is it a team PvP type thing or just something we go until everyone dies?
It could be played both those ways. Until all teams but one team is eliminated or if individuals, until only one player remains.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

either/or.

I interprete UHC as a vanilla minecraft map set on hard difficulty with health regen turned off wherein the last player or team standing wins.

optional features:
- potion recipe changes
-bedrock wall bounds.

I would personally prefer solo play, but teams of 2 would be fine. i dont think we have enough people for teams of 3. IMO more teams are better than bigger teams.

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 69 - Happy Birthday, Dad is now live. :)

Also to explain UHC (Ultra Hardcore) in brief:

It's a survival-based experience with PvP involved; health doesn't regenerate naturally (only through potions and golden apples/heads (if golden heads are enabled)), so you want to be the last team/player alive.

There are all kinds of variables, scenarios and game types that can be fitted into UHC, but Teams of 2/3/4 or Free-For-All Vanilla are pretty common.

-Minsc-

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 69 - Happy Birthday, Dad is now live. :)

Also to explain UHC (Ultra Hardcore) in brief:

It's a survival-based experience with PvP involved; health doesn't regenerate naturally (only through potions and golden apples/heads (if golden heads are enabled)), so you want to be the last team/player alive.

There are all kinds of variables, scenarios and game types that can be fitted into UHC, but Teams of 2/3/4 or Free-For-All Vanilla are pretty common.

Cool. If we do teams I say a size of two sounds good. :)

limlark

My computer is still dead. :( I was selfishly hoping the update WOULD be after Christmas so I wouldn't miss anything...

Mengy

Sweet, one change coming in either 1.8 or a snapshot will be stacking doors, and the door recipe now gives 3 doors instead of 1:

2EioYxr.png

Small change, but I like it. Carrying a lot of doors is always a pain in the ass.

-Minsc-

So, I'm foolishly building a longass road on Gafland's overworld from my far off mountain house to spawn. Anyone want to join my slave labour force? Obviously you'll be paid nothing. ;)

I have a world I've been playing on the 360 version with a friend and a shared account for the last year or so.

Do you guys think building a village/town in a snowy area ends up looking cool? Or does it end up being frustrating/ugly when everything gets covered in snow?

-Minsc-

I have a world I've been playing on the 360 version with a friend and a shared account for the last year or so.

Do you guys think building a village/town in a snowy area ends up looking cool? Or does it end up being frustrating/ugly when everything gets covered in snow?

Snow villages work out well. We have a couple on NeoCraft. :)

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Server Files/index.html#/-2803/64/-3259/-2/0/0
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Server Files/index.html#/-3276/64/-2857/-2/0/0

Mik2121

Damn... I think this is the first time I play with the large biomes and I just tried one map on Creative and found this huge desert... I've been flying above it for like 5 minutes and it still doesn't end.

Anyway, wanna get back (tried like two months ago but work got busier than I expected) so I can play during the holidays sometimes. I updated to the latest version which I believe is still not supported yet by the NeoCraft server?

Mengy

Anyway, wanna get back (tried like two months ago but work got busier than I expected) so I can play during the holidays sometimes. I updated to the latest version which I believe is still not supported yet by the NeoCraft server?

Hey Mik. Neocraft isn't updated to 1.7 yet, but there is a dev version of Bukkit out now that's very promising, so I don't think it's going to be long now. We are going to leave Neocraft as is but be restarting GAFland, the multiverse map, in order to get the new biomes and stuff.

Soon hopefully.

Mirk

Direwolf20 ftb has been updated to 1.6.4 so I'll be throwing that up on Neocrack today if anyone is interested. White-list is all the sames.

OK xkramz I have added you to the whitelist so you should be able to interact with the world now, have fun. There are two worlds on our server. The Default world (the one you spawn too) is called Neocraft this is a sort of survival/makeshit creative world.

Our second world on the server is called Gafland and that is survival only. To jump between the two worlds you bring up the chat console and type "/mv tp Gafland" and to get back to Neocraft type "/spawn".

That's about it.

xkramz

OK xkramz I have added you to the whitelist so you should be able to interact with the world now, have fun. There are two worlds on our server. The Default world (the one you spawn too) is called Neocraft this is a sort of survival/makeshit creative world.

Our second world on the server is called Gafland and that is survival only. To jump between the two worlds you bring up the chat console and type "/mv tp Gafland" and to get back to Neocraft type "/spawn".

That's about it.
thanks you're awesome. Do we also have a ftb server by any chance

belushy

Banned
I've been playing FTB Unhinged the last few days (mainly since it is really lite when it comes to number of mods) and man.... GregTech has gotten a 1000 times worse then when I played with it on a Mindcrack FTB fan server. I'm having a good time though with the pack.

xkramz

Yes we do, Charlie misunderstood your whitelist request and put you on the list for the vanilla server. ;)

Fire off Mirk a pm, he'll get you fixed up for the FTB server. :)
Thaanks I will. I also saw HappyBivouac has a sserver up too. Not sure if it's the same one

-Minsc-

Thaanks I will. I also saw HappyBivouac has a sserver up too. Not sure if it's the same one

Actually, that's a different one. I imagine Happy's would be your best bed, Mirks might be a tad empty at the moment. You'll have to contact Happy to get on that one.

woolley

Anybody play on the Hypixel server? I went on today for the first time just to try it out and ended up playing Mega Walls all day. It was a lot more fun then I anticipated, I think it's something that people should definitely try out at least once.

Anybody play on the Hypixel server? I went on today for the first time just to try it out and ended up playing Mega Walls all day. It was a lot more fun then I anticipated, I think it's something that people should definitely try out at least once.

Yep, I do! I haven't played Mega Walls, but I do play Quakecraft regularly, and TNT Run, Bow Spleef and VampireZ from time to time as well. A little bit of Paintball on occasion, too.

If people would like to, we can organize a group thing on Hypixel sometime.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hey Mik. Neocraft isn't updated to 1.7 yet, but there is a dev version of Bukkit out now that's very promising, so I don't think it's going to be long now. We are going to leave Neocraft as is but be restarting GAFland, the multiverse map, in order to get the new biomes and stuff.

Soon hopefully.
So do y'all expect that the 1.7 Gafland(or whatever we call it) project will last a good bit longer than the 1.6 did? My motivation to play died as soon as I knew my stuff would erased in the near-future.

Mengy

So do y'all expect that the 1.7 Gafland(or whatever we call it) project will last a good bit longer than the 1.6 did? My motivation to play died as soon as I knew my stuff would erased in the near-future.

Yes, the 1.7 GAFland will most likely last over a year at least, likely much longer. We are only restarting the multiverse map in order to get the new biomes, land generation, and materials. The new survival GAFland will be persistent for a very long time.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yes, the 1.7 GAFland will most likely last over a year at least, likely much longer. We are only restarting the multiverse map in order to get the new biomes, land generation, and materials. The new survival GAFland will be persistent for a very long time.
I totally understand the wipe for the 1.6 server. 1.7 is such a huge update and all.

I cant wait. Are we still planning on doing Survival on hard mode? I thought it was pretty damn great once it got patched to make more enemies spawn.

Crispy75

I should think so. The world generation hasn't been changed since 1.2 introduced Jungle biomes in March 2012, and even that was a relatively small change. I expect the new worldgen to last a long time. We should be fine for at least a year, probably more.

defel

Ye Im excited about the reset. Im burnt out on Single Player so looking forward to some multiplayer stuff.

Can I suggest that we turn off health regeneration on the new map. This will make potions more relevant, encourage us to use beacons and stuff and adds an extra challenge to the game.

Remember pre-adventure update before the hunger bar was introduced staying alive was way more difficult than it is nowadays. Hard mode + no health regen will add an extra bit of spice to the reset imo.

edit: also I saw some interesting seeds on reddit the other day: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1svd6p/174_ten_good_seeds/ Maybe we can use one of these.

Crispy75

I can't get behind no helath regen. That's a hardcore step too far, IMO.

I am still strongly in favour of a proper ground zero reset, though. No carry over of inventory and everybody has to punch trees.

Top Bottom