• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

ckohler

I'm considering maybe joining this new server but I have some questions,

1) where can I build? Can I build a base someplace semi secluded to myself if I want?

2) what can't I build? If I like creating a big mob trap out under the ocean, is that allowed?

3) is the server friendly/safe or is anything I build pretty much guaranteed to get blown up?

I'm not sure if I will actually join based on thes factors.

defel

My ambitious plans are progressing nicely...

n3wTBAd.png

-Minsc-

I'm considering maybe joining this new server but I have some questions,

1) where can I build? Can I build a base someplace semi secluded to myself if I want?

2) what can't I build? If I like creating a big mob trap out under the ocean, is that allowed?

3) is the server friendly/safe or is anything I build pretty much guaranteed to get blown up?

I'm not sure if I will actually join based on thes factors.

1) Indeed you can. Just be reasonable and refrain from wandering 10,000 blocks from spawn.

2) Building restrictions are basically limited to not messing with other peoples stuff. In community builds try to stick with the theme. Under ocean mob traps are A-OK.

3) We're all pretty cool. Maybe some minor pranking here and there, nothing over the top. Creeper environment damage is off (assuming Mengy has the plugin working for 1.7.4). There is the "blow stuff up day" we were discussing. That is done with the world backed up and will be restored once the fun is over.

Join on in, we're quite a chill crowd here. :)

Roger wilco.
NYE is kicking off round mine though, so I won't get round to it for 36h at least :)

Since people are getting antsy, I'll try to get those modifications done by tomorrow. :)

ckohler

Join on in, we're quite a chill crowd here. :)
That all sounds pretty good. Is it via invitation only and I assume only GAF members join?
I don't know the address. Thanks.

I may give it a go. I haven't actually played much since mid 2012 so there is a ton of stuff I know very little about (enchanting, beacons, horses, etc.). That's why I might just set up something modest and out do the way,

woolley

That all sounds pretty good. Is it via invitation only and I assume only GAF members join?

I may give it a go. I haven't actually played much since mid 2012 so there is a ton of stuff I know very little about (enchanting, beacons, horses, etc.). That's why I might just set up something modest and out do the way,

The IP address is in the OP, you just have to quote it to see it.

limlark

It is vaguely sort of limited to GAF members, yes. You can invite non-GAF members too. Anyone can visit, but to build or do anything you have to be whitelisted by Ark or another mod. They may do that on their own after seeing your post here, or you may have to PM someone.

It is vaguely sort of limited to GAF members, yes. You can invite non-GAF members too. Anyone can visit, but to build or do anything you have to be whitelisted by Ark or another mod. They may do that on their own after seeing your post here, or you may have to PM someone.

Yup. I get flooded with requests from my YouTube viewers on a semi-regular basis about joining. We usually try to refer them here.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

The 'modest' and 'out of the way' are the difficult parts for me. The GAF servers get incredibly fancy setups for large distances from spawn very quickly. It can be a bit intimidating. Maybe getting on early will help?

Ark

The 'modest' and 'out of the way' are the difficult parts for me. The GAF servers get incredibly fancy setups for large distances from spawn very quickly. It can be a bit intimidating. Maybe getting on early will help?

Being there at the beginning of a new map is a truly beautiful thing. You realise firstly, that your base isn't as far away from spawn as you thought it was, and you also get to watch how people build & explore. I really enjoy it; I'm stoked for 1.7.

I just wish my computer didn't keep crashing every time I tried to play a game :(

Clefargle

Any idea if crafting, mining, or building will be enhanced in any way by the Wii U version via the gamepad? I've been holding out on this game and that may be the edition that tips me if the gamepad is utilized well and it's functionality is fully realized. I am a total
Minecraft noobling so feel free to correct/ chastise me.

Perkel

Banned
Any idea if crafting, mining, or building will be enhanced in any way by the Wii U version via the gamepad? I've been holding out on this game and that may be the edition that tips me if the gamepad is utilized well and it's functionality is fully realized. I am a total

There will be no Wii U version...

masud

Banned

Probably not. Might help with inventory management. Is the Wii U version confirmed? Last I heard that was a rumor.

Everytime one of these is posted I fly around a little bit. Some really nice looking areas out there I need to stop spoiling it for myself lol.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Currently there are no plans for a Wii-U version.

So, are we having a "blow up the server day" or can I throw the switch today? And Minsc, are you making more changes to the spawn area, or is Crispy's map above the final version?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

So, are we having a "blow up the server day" or can I throw the switch today? And Minsc, are you making more changes to the spawn area, or is Crispy's map above the final version?
looks like blow up the server day will be in honour of multiverses return.

throw when ready, i say.

-Minsc-

I'm tweaking a few things right now. Once I'm done I'll drop it in my box. Then you can open the flood gates. ;)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Any word on the PS4/Vita versions recently? No PS3 and I don't want to invest in that version when surely the PS4 version will run better on top of being less limited due to HW constraints.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any word on the PS4/Vita versions recently? No PS3 and I don't want to invest in that version when surely the PS4 version will run better on top of being less limited due to HW constraints.
Nothing recently. I might buy both, my son will more easily be able to play online with friends on the PS3 for a good while, but I'd prefer PS4 (assuming larger worlds)

CrunchyFrog09 , for whomever needs it

Added you to the whitelist so you can interact with the server now. If you have been on the server in the last 6 or so months and built/interacted with the world then you should still be whitelisted. If you haven't been on since then it is possible your name is no longer whitelisted (you can join the server but not interact with it). If anyone has lost their building privileges just post your minecraft name in here or pm me.

As for the server thing, might as well do it whenever you are ready. Doesn't seem to be much call for a violent blow up crap day these days :p (you are all bloody hippy pacifists) Just give me a chance to backup the Neocraft world here before you totally destroy the server.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So what version is the server currently on?

but hopefully that'll change very soon.

It's changed as of now. GAFland 1.7 is online and indeed appears to be working! The switch went seamlessly. I've tested creeper damage, plugin list, and everything seems to be fine. I also updated the whitelist to include Charlie's additions earlier this morning. If anyone notices anything wrong or broken let me know.

woolley

Things seem to be moving along nicely, maybe I'll build something and finish it this time.

I'll never finish a build

Seanspeed

Banned
I cant type out comments in the game. Well, I can type them, but when I press Enter, it doesn't do anything?

EDIT: I left masud, try now.

Nothing is working for me. Cant type messages out. Cant open the gates. Cant activate the pressure switches. I'm just stuck in the spawn area.

The game is also still extremely juddery(just as it was when I was playing singleplayer in 1.7) and no amount of messing with the settings seems to do anything.

:(

Seanspeed

Banned
Im in! Can't chat though.

Edit: cant do anything really. What version should I be running? 1.7.4?
Sounds like the same problem I was having. Looking now and it says I'm only running 1.7.2, so maybe that's it? Doesn't it usually update automatically? :/

EDIT: Ok, so I had to change the version manually. Will try and hop on later and give it another go if I'm able.

I cant type out comments in the game. Well, I can type them, but when I press Enter, it doesn't do anything?

My first thought is that you aren't on the whitelist. I checked and there is a Seanspeed99 on there so if that is you then you should be able to interact with the server.

Im in! Can't chat though.

Edit: cant do anything really. What version should I be running? 1.7.4?

What is your minecraft username, I will have a look and see if you are whitelisted.

masud

Banned
My first thought is that you aren't on the whitelist. I checked and there is a Seanspeed99 on there so if that is you then you should be able to interact with the server.

What is your minecraft username, I will have a look and see if you are whitelisted.

I got it to work, had to switch to 1.7.2

Mirk

If anyone of you would like to talk when playing on the gaf Minecraft servers I do have a 40 person ventrilo server you all are free to use. Quote to see info.

ShadiWulf

is there limits to how far out we can go this time? I'd like to find a nice chunk of land out in the open this time and build a base there. Last time on gafland i stayed relatively close to spawn and went underground but it wasnt the best idea, realized I was running into other peoples areas when i was exploring. Sorry if I bothered anyone with that, won't happen again. Didn't get much done anyways on the last gafland, kept getting distracted by life, but I would like to get a fairly big base built this time.

was on earlier and spawn looks nice :) good job to whoever built it

is there limits to how far out we can go this time? I'd like to find a nice chunk of land out in the open this time and build a base there. Last time on gafland i stayed relatively close to spawn and went underground but it wasnt the best idea, realized I was running into other peoples areas when i was exploring. Sorry if I bothered anyone with that, won't happen again. Didn't get much done anyways on the last gafland, kept getting distracted by life, but I would like to get a fairly big base built this time.

was on earlier and spawn looks nice :) good job to whoever built it

If you want to wander off from the rest there is nothing stopping you. Obviously within reason don't go high tailing it to 10,000 blocks away but if you wanted to go out 2,000 or 3,000 blocks from spawn that wouldn't be a problem.

Naturally as the central area gets used up people can push out further than 2,000 or 3,000 blocks but for now with the map being fresh try not to exceed something like 3,000.

Fuchsdh

Is anyone actually mining heavily under spawn? I haven't seen anyone around. I just started strip mining under mine at level 11-13. Cave system down there that's already torchlit is pretty crazily labrythine--going to have to start putting down wool markers or something else I'm going to get lost again.

-Minsc-

Is anyone actually mining heavily under spawn? I haven't seen anyone around. I just started strip mining under mine at level 11-13. Cave system down there that's already torchlit is pretty crazily labrythine--going to have to start putting down wool markers or something else I'm going to get lost again.

I'm sure there are random mines scattered here and there. If you want a mine to yourself you are best to head off elsewhere.

Top Bottom