• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Pachimari

I'm getting the hang of this - build myself a super comfy luxury house in my singleplayer save. Who should I contact to become part of your server?

masud

Banned
So is the Mesa biome next to spawn no longer on national park status? I saw a bunch of holes in the sides of cliffs while wandering around.

Fuchsdh

The circle line is now complete in both directions, so I'm laying down my railway tools and getting on with actually building my own place :) It will be sandy.

I still have lots of powered rail left over, so hit me up for that if you're doing a railway line.

Ooh ooh, me, me!

(Need a lot more regular rail at this point but considering I've exhausted my gold supply on a diamond armor set from Panda that I then lost stupidly, I'm behind :p

EDIT: Also, is someone actually finishing off that wall, or has it been left in its not-quite-half-completed state?

-Minsc-

Ooh ooh, me, me!

(Need a lot more regular rail at this point but considering I've exhausted my gold supply on a diamond armor set from Panda that I then lost stupidly, I'm behind :p

EDIT: Also, is someone actually finishing off that wall, or has it been left in its not-quite-half-completed state?

I've extended it to the north east corner (the overviewer map is out of date. The middle I'll leave to the rail crew, I'm not sure how they want the rail lines to pass through it. Anyone with an interest to work on it is free to do so. I pick at it here and there.

So is the Mesa biome next to spawn no longer on national park status? I saw a bunch of holes in the sides of cliffs while wandering around.

While I see no problem with people building on it, they should make an attempt to leave the exterior intact. If one digs a big, gaping hole in the side then they'd better have the decency to patch it up.

Crispy75

Who should I contact to get access to your server guys? :)

The IP's in the first post - if you log in to the server and CharmingCharlie or Ark are online, they can add you right there. Otherwise, just post your MC username in the thread and they'll get round to it.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
the main ones are linked up to the spawn portal, just take a walk around and have a look - there are around 6-7 there at least.

and probably best to just wander off in a direction in the nether and build a branch mine or something.

It would probably be a lot quicker just to walk in the nether to find a new place. You would have to walk really far in the overworld to get to a new chunk in the nether. I see a lot of quarts all the time and I haven't even gone much further than the fortress.

OK, thanks for the tips.

Mirk

I think we can hollow out the hills there but you have to leave it looking the same. So no taking from the surface or hill sides. The insides of hills, mountains are okay. I think...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Question about that Google Maps world viewer thing. I downloaded the program and created my map and it's awesome, but how do I put it into my Dropbox and have it available to view on the internet? Do I need to have a paid account?

Whereabouts? Can you get some pictures of the holes? People shouldn't be taking stuff from the outside surface of the mesas.

belushy

Banned
To be fair, we've had a lot of new people join the server recently, and I don't think we have a sign anywhere in Spawn that says that the Mesa is protected. If people didn't frequent the thread before the server went up, then I'm sure there is a handful of people who didn't know it was protected.

-Minsc-

To be fair, we've had a lot of new people join the server recently, and I don't think we have a sign anywhere in Spawn that says that the Mesa is protected. If people didn't frequent the thread before the server went up, then I'm sure there is a handful of people who didn't know it was protected.

That's the downside of not having the announcer in game, got the word out for this sort of thing.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
That's the downside of not having the announcer in game, got the word out for this sort of thing.

I can try turning it back on. At the time I disabled it I thought Announcer was causing our lag, but then Multiplay had their server issues and now I wonder if Announcer really had anything to do with it or not. I'll turn it on one night and we'll see if it effects anything.

It's good to know. I set up shop right on the border of the mesa, while strictly a cobblestone operation thus far I would've probably just started digging into the sides of the mesa before too long if this hadn't come up.

I can try turning it back on. At the time I disabled it I thought Announcer was causing our lag, but then Multiplay had their server issues and now I wonder if Announcer really had anything to do with it or not. I'll turn it on one night and we'll see if it effects anything.

Out of curiosity what kind of infrastructure is the server running on?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That Mesa is just crying out for some kind of Wild West or prospector town to be built on top of it, with the river winding around it. Such a great biome

That Mesa is just crying out for some kind of Wild West or prospector town to be built on top of it, with the river winding around it. Such a great biome
Yup, would love to see a wood only town there, maybe an old west haunted ghost town. I know some zombies that can work the streets to provide atmosphere.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Panda just incase you didnt notice my request in the shop, it would be great to get a couple of stacks of normal ice blocks. Im willing to pay your worth in gold for the exchange :D

in case you are still looking for ice, I now have 5 stacks if you need 2-3 stacks just let me know

MrBig

I put up a rail storing and launching system on the south-most rail pair at the station. It's a bit ugly so it may need a facade, but it works pretty well in my testing. It's quite simple to build, but it's 5x4x1 so it takes up a bit of space. Perhaps someone can make it simpler and more visually appealing for use at the rail terminals

Ark

I don't seem to be able to play Minecraft anymore. Now my computer overheats and switches off after not even five minutes of gameplay :(

I'm going to give it another go at the weekend and try to at least get half-way done with my castle, but that feels like hopeless optimism.

Fuchsdh

So I think for my home away from home (or just home if this lag keeps up) I'm going to build something like this:

Gelbensande3.jpg

Over here.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Gafland/index.html#/1203/64/-912/-2/0/0

I hope whoever is to the left isn't claiming the area for anything?

belushy

Banned
So I think for my home away from home (or just home if this lag keeps up) I'm going to build something like this:

Over here.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Gafland/index.html#/1203/64/-912/-2/0/0

I hope whoever is to the left isn't claiming the area for anything?

That is awfully close to that person's build. Any particular reason why you want to build it there? I feel like this spot would give you the same effect. (I'm just assuming you want to be able to see the river from your top floor, and maybe a dock or something)

edit: So I was just watching Etho's most recent SSP video and he only loses three levels for every enchant. He just enchanted like 10 or so items starting at level 73 and stopping at 28. I thought you still used up all your XP.

Skinpop

Added you to the whitelist so you should be able to build and interact with the server.

Just added you to the whitelist too so you are good to go. Don't forget to save your position on the map with the /sethome command and to teleport back to that position use the /home command. Anyway hope you both enjoy the server.

thanks!

Crispy75

edit: So I was just watching Etho's most recent SSP video and he only loses three levels for every enchant. He just enchanted like 10 or so items starting at level 73 and stopping at 28. I thought you still used up all your XP.

Yep that's how enchanting works now. You still have to be lvl 30 to get the best enchant, but it only drops you 3 levels to make it. It makes it much more important to stay alive, because you want to keep your total XP up. With the current system, as soon as you get to 30, you immediately spend it all and then your life is back to being worthless again.

Fuchsdh

That is awfully close to that person's build. Any particular reason why you want to build it there? I feel like this spot would give you the same effect. (I'm just assuming you want to be able to see the river from your top floor, and maybe a dock or something)

That's fine too, I just wanted to run a single rail to serve both of us eventually.

UF_C

Banned

They changed enchanting with the new snapshot

Metaphoreus

On the advice of certain others in this thread, I went mining for quartz in the Nether beginning near an existing portal. I discovered a very cool lava fall, which I dubbed "Nethera Falls." I built a little building that overlooks the falls. I also built a portal very near it, and a new portal spawned in the overworld.

You can all access that portal by heading over to the plains and swamp claimed by Kentsui. The surface access that leads down to the portal is in the ocean at X 2799, Z 1090.

Spoiler regarding what else we found down there:
An abandoned mineshaft. We didn't touch it.

Oh, and if anyone more creative wants to renovate the building I built overlooking Nethera Falls, please feel free. It's just a basic building, otherwise.

Morokh

You can all access that portal by heading over to the plains and swamp claimed by Kentsui. The surface access that leads down to the portal is in the ocean at X 2799, Z 1090.

Does that mean the nether around there is already stripped clean from any quartz ? xD

Spoiler regarding what else we found down there:
An abandoned mineshaft. We didn't touch it.

Do not touch it ! it's mine, mine ! my preciousssss ! :D

Once i'm done with building my little starter storage room, I'll start mining for some supplies, and then set up a proper portal to connect myself to what's already there of a nether road, i'll be sure to make a road to that building when i'm doing it.

And while I'm thinking of it, we really need to think of a proper portal room around the portal from spawn.

Metaphoreus

Does that mean the nether around there is already stripped clean from any quartz ? xD

No, we were actually able to find quite a bit of quartz just wandering around, and there's plenty in the area that seemed to have been mostly untouched.

EDIT: Are you Kentsui? I wanted to make sure you didn't mind the little entrance we built leading to the portal below. I would have done a small building, but since it was so close to what you're building, I didn't want to screw up the aesthetic too much. If you'll leave the portal we spawned alone for a couple of days, I'll try to go back to the Nether and connect Nethera Falls to the existing roads.

Morokh

No, we were actually able to find quite a bit of quartz just wandering around, and there's plenty in the area that seemed to have been mostly untouched.

EDIT: Are you Kentsui? I wanted to make sure you didn't mind the little entrance we built leading to the portal below. I would have done a small building, but since it was so close to what you're building, I didn't want to screw up the aesthetic too much. If you'll leave the portal we spawned alone for a couple of days, I'll try to go back to the Nether and connect Nethera Falls to the existing roads.

Yes, that would be me :)

Don't worry too much, I won't be actually working on the plains I claimed for a while, as I will be focusing on the swamp first and it will be quite a lot of work.

I'll be mining/caving in the area but not really building yet.

Owari

mc1_zps57c3adec.png

Had a great night exploring. The new biomes are amazing, and my base is trash compared to all of the amazing bases on here. Kudos to whoever's castle this is.

defel

If anyone has any idea why the spawning rates for the enderman farm are so slow suggestions would be great. Panda and I (andy) placed water everywhere so now the only place they can spawn is in the enderman farm but the spawn rates are still bad. Im nearly certain that its not a problem with the design of the farm since its a standard design and it works well in my own test world.

I think its related to the mob spawning settings in the server config but I have no idea what setting is causing the problem

Chuckpebble

Have they added new songs to this? I haven't played for months, so I fired it up today to get it to update and was surprised by a particularly upbeat song that started playing when my world loaded in the background.

Crispy75

Which of NeoCraft and Gafland is the most popular? The one with the railroad system, is that Gafland?

It's the only world up and running at the moment. Survival hard mode.

Have they added new songs to this? I haven't played for months, so I fired it up today to get it to update and was surprised by a particularly upbeat song that started playing when my world loaded in the background.

Yep new tunes :) The Nether-specific ones are particularly good IMO.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
mc1_zps57c3adec.png

Had a great night exploring. The new biomes are amazing, and my base is trash compared to all of the amazing bases on here. Kudos to whoever's castle this is.

The castle you are in belongs to Otamin. And the walled in ravine in the distance is my home, thanks for the nice view of it!.

Tml Matus

Banned
That's fine too, I just wanted to run a single rail to serve both of us eventually.

The Build to the left of there is mine, i'm not gonna take up any more space then what i have already( just a castle in the other direction, not towards the forest ) so i have no problem with you building there/

If you're gonna build a station there i can get you some gold and silver.

Top Bottom