• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

The Build to the left of there is mine, i'm not gonna take up any more space then what i have already( just a castle in the other direction, not towards the forest ) so i have no problem with you building there/

If you're gonna build a station there i can get you some gold and silver.

Get me materials for rails and I'll run them to us (I don't really have a place set up at my construction zone so you can just dump materials in my dropbox chest at my NE spawn home). On the advice of another poster I built to the NE of you beyond my original site, closer to the ocean, but one rail line should serve us both; my current site probably means I don't have to remove a mountain to get the intended look so it's easier on me. :) Do you have any preferences on station type? I can stick it underground or put it above-ground too.

mc1_zps57c3adec.png

Had a great night exploring. The new biomes are amazing, and my base is trash compared to all of the amazing bases on here. Kudos to whoever's castle this is.
I like the resource pack you're using a lot. What's it called?

Tml Matus

Banned
Get me materials for rails and I'll run them to us (I don't really have a place set up at my construction zone so you can just dump materials in my dropbox chest at my NE spawn home). On the advice of another poster I built to the NE of you beyond my original site, closer to the ocean, but one rail line should serve us both; my current site probably means I don't have to remove a mountain to get the intended look so it's easier on me. :) Do you have any preferences on station type? I can stick it underground or put it above-ground too.

Above ground, we can build a station around where the carts stop (something small). I'll drop off some gold and silver later this afternoon when I get home (don't have too much tho ).

Glad that i'll have some more neighbors.

Fuchsdh

Above ground, we can build a station around where the carts stop (something small). I'll drop off some gold and silver later this afternoon when I get home (don't have too much tho ).

Glad that i'll have some more neighbors.

Great. I got a bunch of powered rail from Crispy so hopefully that will get us a good part of the way. I was originally thinking of building off of the existing lines but I think I will just start a new NE line from GAF Central since we're further out. Once I've got my area terraformed ill work a road down to you. Just mark where you want the station.

Tml Matus

Banned
Great. I got a bunch of powered rail from Crispy so hopefully that will get us a good part of the way. I was originally thinking of building off of the existing lines but I think I will just start a new NE line from GAF Central since we're further out. Once I've got my area terraformed ill work a road down to you. Just mark where you want the station.

I was thinking we build the station in between us and the guy just north west of there.

See picture below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwev40opir8f1oz/Untitled.png

I was thinking of just making a small train station, like below.

CIMG3553.jpg

nothing too big.

Fuchsdh

I was thinking we build the station in between us and the guy just north west of there.

See picture below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwev40opir8f1oz/Untitled.png

I was thinking of just making a small train station, like below.

CIMG3553.jpg

nothing too big.

Haha didn't even realize there was someone else up there. Sounds good and I'm down for a small station too. I need to go mining for more iron but I'll work on running the rails that way this weekend prolly.

ckohler

I've changed my mind about building a creeper statue on top of the public grinder. It couldn't have been in the center (odd versus even spaces) and it probably would have been an eyesore anyway.

I need to come up with an alternate idea to put on top of that building.

Owari

The castle you are in belongs to Otamin. And the walled in ravine in the distance is my home, thanks for the nice view of it!.
Really? Yeah I was trekking all around this area after I took the train to Red Sand Inn and got lost in a hole. Dug my way back up and I saw the castle in the distance. Then I saw that new biome. Dem trees.

I'm curious to know, what escalated?
YO!-ing.

I like the resource pack you're using a lot. What's it called?

ChromaHills 128. I love it too, I was looking at some 256 and 512 packs, but I couldn't find any as nice as ChromaHills, and I couldn't get any 512 packs working. 128 is nice, never had a rpack like it before.

Fuchsdh

got shaders working in 1.7.2, so i decided to run around taking pics of a bunch of places in gafland 1.7. i did this before and people seemed to like it, so here ya go.

Full Gallery
Using Sphax PureBD craft texture pack + MrMeeps Shaders

Beautiful. This is what I hope the next (non Java-based? *cough cough cough*) Minecraft looks like.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
There's a horizontal quartz column block missing from one of the main interior arches of the station >_<

Yeah, we have a griefer on the server. Lots of little things like this happening.

Grinchy

Banned
got shaders working in 1.7.2, so i decided to run around taking pics of a bunch of places in gafland 1.7. i did this before and people seemed to like it, so here ya go.

Full Gallery
Using Sphax PureBD craft texture pack + MrMeeps Shaders

Damn! The stuff that has been built already in this world is unreal. The shader pack just brings it all together too.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
OK, we've connected Nethera Falls to the main road, and placed signs leading the way from the spawn portal to the Falls. The path we built is a little ... wonky. But it works.

We've also destroyed the portal that was right next to Nethera Falls, so Morokh, you can destroy the portal that spawned right next to your territory if you'd like.

Also, for those who don't want to take the time to actually go to Nethera Falls, here's a screenshot I took. (The resource pack is John Smith Legacy.) There's another lava fall very similar to that nearby Nethera Falls, but no good platform to view it from. (At some point, when I'm feeling more ambitious, I'll connect a platform to view that other lava fall, and treat both as elements of Nethera Falls.)

UF_C

Banned
Should we try to keep the rivers around spawn clear of obstruction? I was doing some exploring and couldn't navigate the rivers around spawn to get to open ocean. I think bridges would be the obvious solution. it would be pretty cool to have the rivers dredged a bit to make traveling easier and perhaps build a neogaf harbor/port to dock boats and other kinds of sailing vessels. Thoughts?

Morokh

We've also destroyed the portal that was right next to Nethera Falls, so Morokh, you can destroy the portal that spawned right next to your territory if you'd like.

Think I'll keep it and use it for now actually, until I set one up properly myself.

Also, i've been trying some mob farms on the server, is it me or are they all really really slow ? mob spawning elsewhere seems fine for hard mode and I haven't seen chunks full of mobs at day.

Spend all evening yesterday building a little storage room, I must be 80% done ... xD that's what you get when you try to build something over-detailed .....(and it sure didn't help that I went quartz hunting in the middle of it)

Sarcasm

Think I'll keep it and use it for now actually, until I set one up properly myself.

Also, i've been trying some mob farms on the server, is it me or are they all really really slow ? mob spawning elsewhere seems fine for hard mode and I haven't seen chunks full of mobs at day.

Spend all evening yesterday building a little storage room, I must be 80% done ... xD that's what you get when you try to build something over-detailed .....(and it sure didn't help that I went quartz hunting in the middle of it)

The one near my location is pretty fast. Between pickle and UFC.

masud

Banned
NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 75 - Interior Progress is now live.

I also reveal where I'm doing my build but you guys knew that because I already discussed it in the thread a few pages ago. :p

Just watched the last couple of episodes. Yeah if you wanna spruce up that enchantment tent I built next to you go for it. I thought it looked nice when spawn village was small and people were still building their houses bit it does look kinda basic now.

Pachimari

When I get access to the server will a kind soul help me around, as to where I can build my own house and how much land I got. :)

I might log in today to see if any of the two are online so I can get approved.

When I get access to the server will a kind soul help me around, as to where I can build my own house and how much land I got. :)

I might log in today to see if any of the two are online so I can get approved.

dont wait for them to be online, just send CharmingCharlie a PM or post your minecraft username here, and one of them will get too it when they can.

also, we don't have any strict land rules, just make sure to respect other peoples builds. you can really build a house wherever you want, as long as its not messing with an existing build, or bothersome to potential neighbors.

-Minsc-

Progress and plans thus far on my desert town. :)

- Outer wall and towers are marked out. Basic markings for the inner walls are down, no point marking it out anymore as it's pretty straight forward.
- Begun leveling off the space within the wall. My current plan is to shave the terrain down to Y: 74 (feet). This will allow variation in the landscape. The base of the wall will start at Y: 70 (feet) and will keep it at a uniform height. Since the surrounding terrain will vary from Y: 64-74 additional land conditioning will be required. Unsure if I'll do the moat, will have to see if I can make it work with the rolling terrain.
- Once the terrain is leveled I'll begin wall construction.

The wall construction and terrain leveling is my focus for now. Once this stage complete I'll be able to get a better grasp of what I have to work with.

Strong backs are welcome. If you're interested in helping give me a shout. :)

Fuchsdh

- Outer wall and towers are marked out. Basic markings for the inner walls are down, no point marking it out anymore as it's pretty straight forward.
- Begun leveling off the space within the wall. My current plan is to shave the terrain down to Y: 74 (feet). This will allow variation in the landscape. The base of the wall will start at Y: 70 (feet) and will keep it at a uniform height. Since the surrounding terrain will vary from Y: 64-74 additional land conditioning will be required. Unsure if I'll do the moat, will have to see if I can make it work with the rolling terrain.

The wall construction and terrain leveling is my focus for now. Once this stage complete I'll be able to get a better grasp of what I have to work with.

I'll put it on my rail todo list. :)

I'm also ending up with so many saplings from clearing out the forest by my off-spawn house I think I'll extend the arboretum further.

Mengy

A new snapshot is out, apparently skins are changing in 1.8 to allow more options, like different arm and leg textures, some hat features, etc.

Tml Matus

Banned

I'm in need of sand ... my location doesn't have any sand around for miles so i might come by with some shovels later today.

Fuchsdh

I'm in need of sand ... my location doesn't have any sand around for miles so i might come by with some shovels later today.
I've got a bunch of sand from stripping and turfing the desert--bug me about it and I'll toss it your way (I've been incinerating most of it.)

A new snapshot is out, apparently skins are changing in 1.8 to allow more options, like different arm and leg textures, some hat features, etc.

Hopefully an option to hide armor get added. I spent too long making my skin to be hid under ugly ass armor, lol.

Or a crafting recipe for armor + invis potion would be nice...

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You're pretty close to my mine and Skelly spawner, and it need something new at the moment, so I'm up for assistance if you let us know what you need. Just digging out the land inside the wall for now? When you say y=74 do you mean when you're walking around on the ground your f3 will report y=74?

Might need to enchant a diamond shovel, not done that before

Fuchsdh

You're pretty close to my mine and Skelly spawner, and it need something new at the moment, so I'm up for assistance if you let us know what you need. Just digging out the land inside the wall for now? When you say y=74 do you mean when you're walking around on the ground your f3 will report y=74?

Maybe it's just because dirt and sand are everywhere so it seems like they deteriorate faster but I burn through even diamond shovels at an ungodly rate. Enchantments are the only thing that make it worth it.

On the subject of dirt, I need a ton of clay for the brick floor of my lodge. If people need sand, glass, stained glass in a variety of colors, cobble, spruce wood or dyes and are willing to trade clay for it let me know.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
got the shaders working on a single player world, but couldn't connect to gafland - it shows up in the servers list but gives an exception when I try and connect. I would have thought that's because it is 1.7.2 and the server is on 1.7.4? But then how are other posters getting on Gafland with shaders? I'm using the 997 version of forge as recommended in the video

this is what I get with forge 997
TXiabqS.png

this is what I get with forge 1002 (latest)
eWWnsVq.png

edit: seems to have been an optifine conflict - removed that and forge 997 worked ok

-Minsc-

Feet position. Hit F3, it'll be the first "y" number.

Save your shovels where you can folks. On the big hills I clear out a two block high layer of sandstone, place down torches and then proceed to mine away the rest of the sandstone above. This lets the sand fall on the torches, saving you time and money. ;)

Fuchsdh

Should still be plenty in swamp biomes no? They should definitely make clay a bit more common tho.

I've pretty much tapped out the clay in the swamp islands to the north of our area (someone had already cleared out one island, I've hit up the other.) Not sure where the other swamps are, I'll hafta' look on the map. By my calculations I need about 1200 clay to fulfill my needs. :)

Tml Matus

Banned
I've pretty much tapped out the clay in the swamp islands to the north of our area (someone had already cleared out one island, I've hit up the other.) Not sure where the other swamps are, I'll hafta' look on the map. By my calculations I need about 1200 clay to fulfill my needs. :)

ouch ... I build a brick house once ... never again. Looks real good tho.

Mengy

Clay is a bitch to get now that the oceans are floored with gravel :(

Should still be plenty in swamp biomes no? They should definitely make clay a bit more common tho.

The ocean bottom is the only change in 1.7 that I absolutely hate. No one needs more gravel, but I honestly loved diving to the ocean bottom and scavenging sand and clay, ESPECIALLY after they gave us the nice buff to Respiration and Aqua Affinity. I used to get most of my clay from ocean floors. You can still find clay in swamps and river beds, but it's not enough for a server IMHO.

I wonder if clay is generating underneath all of that gravel on the ocean floors, I've never actually checked for that....

got the shaders working on a single player world, but couldn't connect to gafland - it shows up in the servers list but gives an exception when I try and connect. I would have thought that's because it is 1.7.2 and the server is on 1.7.4? But then how are other posters getting on Gafland with shaders? I'm using the 997 version of forge as recommended in the video

this is what I get with forge 997
TXiabqS.png

this is what I get with forge 1002 (latest)
eWWnsVq.png

edit: seems to have been an optifine conflict - removed that and forge 997 worked ok

you are likely to still get these errors occasionally. when i was taking those pics it crashed the game about 5 times. so obviously not a complete solution until a release build of forge for 1.7.2 is finished.

Pachimari

Hmm, I can't seem to connect? How do I do?

I go to multiplayer > direct connect > type in the address and then get this message:

evi65Ly.jpg

EDIT:
I used the wrong address. I'm in now I think. :)

By the way, there are no monsters at night?

I also need somebody to guide me to a place where I can build my home.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
At spawn there aren't so many mobs as it is lit up ok. Outside of the walls you can run into them pretty quickly.

As for where to build - just find an empty piece of land about the size of the house you want to build. Don't build literally one block away from another house, but that's common sense. Also you can't currently build on or dig up the Mesa out East from spawn

Top Bottom