• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

masud

Banned
Seekohler I don't think your sorter at your mob trap works, at least not for the gunpowder. It only seems to go to the last box.

ShadiWulf

I'm not going to be back on for a while. Stuff in life keeping me busy plus lack of motivation to build anything. So if anyone is interested in building in my area go ahead. I just request that you leave my built up areas/farms and definitely my chests alone. Anything around that though is free to build on :)

UF_C

Banned
Probably nothing that can be done but....

I was branch mining tonight around 10pm pacific when the server resets. When I'm able to log back in I immediately die, like the moment I sign on, I'm dead. I use /back and a zombie has all my stuff, full diamond armor, diamond sword and continues to kill me as soon as I /back. So I /home, grab some armor and another iron sword to get my shit back. Suddenly the sever resets again and when I log back on the zombie and all my stuff is gone. GONE. hours and hours and hours of work enchanting just gone. I'm steaming mad right now because I took every precaution and it' was impossible for a single zombie to kill me. I had 3 diamond picks on me. 3! And they are just gone.

I doubt there is anything to be done about it but I just rage quit and needed to vent. So unbelievably frustrating.

I was branch mining tonight around 10pm pacific when the server resets. When I'm able to log back in I immediately die, like the moment I sign on, I'm dead. I use /back and a zombie has all my stuff, full diamond armor, diamond sword and continues to kill me as soon as I /back. So I /home, grab some armor and another iron sword to get my shit back. Suddenly the sever resets again and when I log back on the zombie and all my stuff is gone. GONE. hours and hours and hours of work enchanting just gone. I'm steaming mad right now because I took every precaution and it' was impossible for a single zombie to kill me. I had 3 diamond picks on me. 3! And they are just gone.

I doubt there is anything to be done about it but I just rage quit and needed to vent. So unbelievably frustrating.

I ran into this the other day as well. Zombie killed me in a corner, took my stuff, and no matter how many time I used /back, I kept dying and losing it. Lag wasn't helping either.

Charlie helped me out and I'm sure he can help you out too. He's a pretty cool guy on occasion.

Suddenly the sever resets again and when I log back on the zombie and all my stuff is gone. GONE. hours and hours and hours of work enchanting just gone. I'm steaming mad right now because I took every precaution and it' was impossible for a single zombie to kill me. I had 3 diamond picks on me. 3! And they are just gone.

Yeah nothing can be done about that I am afraid. As Motorbreathx said in these situations we can be a wee bit "creative". If you let us know what stuff you lost I can recreate it for you (including any enchantments you had).

Actually whilst I am here. Ark has asked me to trim Gafland, apparently our world is so AWESOME multiplay's servers can't handle it. I am doing a test trim today on a BACKUP map I have on my PC. The idea is to trim as much as possible away from the outer edge and keeping the central part untouched.

Now the IMPORTANT bit, does anyone have any builds far out on the world (say further than 2000 blocks from spawn) that they do not want to lose.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Hasn't been updated in a while. This is the most recent, but it's over a week old

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Gafland/index.html#/2306/64/2686/-9/0/0

I'll be updating the map in a day or two. It has been too long, lol.

Ark has asked me to trim Gafland, apparently our world is so AWESOME multiplay's servers can't handle it. I am doing a test trim today on a BACKUP map I have on my PC. The idea is to trim as much as possible away from the outer edge and keeping the central part untouched.

Server strain is going to be an issue for us until 1.8 hits. 1.8 does two things that will (should) greatly reduce the server load:

1. it threads the different worlds, so that the main overworld, nether, and end are all using separate cores to process. It supposedly does a LOT to lessen cpu load.
2. 1.8 fixes a few mob entity issues, pertaining to both chicken riders and unloaded chunks, that drastically reduce server memory usage.

Trimming the map for now will probably help somewhat, but I don't think it's going to get rid of the issue for us. It's a symptom of 1.7 from what I've read, and many 1.7 servers are experiencing the same things we are right now.

On a side note, I've not played any Minecraft at all this week. Dark Souls is to blame. My soul has turned dark. I'll be on this weekend, I need a break from dying repeatedly in horrific ways...I think I'll just branch mine and relax.

Ark

I already increased server RAM and I couldn't possibly afford to increase it again, any restarts are the cause of mods & players.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah nothing can be done about that I am afraid. As Motorbreathx said in these situations we can be a wee bit "creative". If you let us know what stuff you lost I can recreate it for you (including any enchantments you had).

Actually whilst I am here. Ark has asked me to trim Gafland, apparently our world is so AWESOME multiplay's servers can't handle it. I am doing a test trim today on a BACKUP map I have on my PC. The idea is to trim as much as possible away from the outer edge and keeping the central part untouched.

Now the IMPORTANT bit, does anyone have any builds far out on the world (say further than 2000 blocks from spawn) that they do not want to lose.

Seems odd, isn't it much smaller than the previous server?

And two answers to your question would be yes - you and Ark :p

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more

I've got a little log cabin at about X -2100, Z 479. I don't know if anyone is building further west than that point.

EDIT: Oh, I've also got a little outpost at X -2300, Z -79. If you're going to cut the map such that that would be lost, please let me know ahead of time so I can salvage the resources.

i have no idea how far out JP is, but obviously that build needs to stay, lol.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
While exploring, I discovered that Bentles is building at around X -2470, Z -150. So, that probably needs to be included in the not-cut part of the map.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I think the Z must be more like 450 or, at least, +150. I was going to try to figure it out, but was murdered by a zombie despite the fact that I was running with full health. What's going on with the server lately?

SECOND EDIT: Yeah, the coordinates are definitely around Z 450. I'm not sure how I was so far off originally. Also, I was able to get all my stuff back once I could log back in.

Ark

Some progress pics of Arkyoto so far:

i3yo88odiH2m1.png

iGJ3ywu9Z862v.png

izCHEfGmK4XaA.png

i0NOEZO4SbMzY.png

ibftbJ3dsB16cz.png

Fuchsdh

Here's a question those of you with more experience with resource packs might be able to answer:

did 1.7.4 change how glass works? In 1.7.2 my custom pack was working fine, and now everything seems to work fine... except for glass, which appears fine in the browser, and in hand, but turns to default glass when placed.

I think Optifine overrides the glass texture if you have that mod that makes multiple glass blocks/panes placed next to each other seamless. At least, I noticed it overrode my choice of glass from the Painterly Pack, in the past...

Fuchsdh

I think Optifine overrides the glass texture if you have that mod that makes multiple glass blocks/panes placed next to each other seamless. At least, I noticed it overrode my choice of glass from the Painterly Pack, in the past...

Ach, didnt even think about conflicts with Optifine, since the source pack I've derived my pack from had a thing for it. I'll hafta' play around with it.

UF_C

Banned
I don't know how this all works but would switching over to the latest snapshot help with the server resets? With all the cutting off land-size and increased RAM the wait to 1.8 might get tiring for some. Would getting in on the latest snapshot be helpful? Does multiverse support the latest snapshot or are we just at their whim and things will get better when they decide they will get better?

I don't know how this all works but would switching over to the latest snapshot help with the server resets? With all the cutting off land-size and increased RAM the wait to 1.8 might get tiring for some. Would getting in on the latest snapshot be helpful? Does multiverse support the latest snapshot or are we just at their whim and things will get better when they decide they will get better?

Unfortunately we can't switch to later versions of minecraft till the mod Bukkit gets updated to those versions. The Bukkit mod gives us several features that are essential to the server (such as no creeper damage). We are at the whim of the mod developers who are in turn at the whim of Mojang. So we are stuck with 1.7.2 till the foreseeable future.

The Gafland Trim will now no longer happen. Ark doesn't like the idea of sullying the world with Chunk errors all over the place. I am a happy bunny because it means I don't have to spend hours in MCedit.

We just have to make do with what we have. I personally believe the server problems are with multiplay and bugs in the beta of Bukkit.

-Minsc-

A warning for everyone, I've been given new magical powers by our lord Ark. Using these powers I'll start working on bringing the old NeoCraft world back online. At times I may restart or even take the server offline. Don't be alarmed. :)

-Minsc-

Stuff:

- /nick command now works for donators.
- In addition to not being able to place TNT, Citizens should no longer be able to ignite it.
- Droppers no longer place TNT.
- Endermen griefing is off, I think.
- Spiffy new command, /tpahere.
- Server mail is available if anyone cares to use it.
- It's past my bedtime.
- Visitors are now mobile. They can interact with doors, levers, plates, buttons, gates, trap doors, and even minecarts.

If there are any permissions seemingly broken, let me know. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Unfortunately we can't switch to later versions of minecraft till the mod Bukkit gets updated to those versions. The Bukkit mod gives us several features that are essential to the server (such as no creeper damage). We are at the whim of the mod developers who are in turn at the whim of Mojang. So we are stuck with 1.7.2 till the foreseeable future.

The Gafland Trim will now no longer happen. Ark doesn't like the idea of sullying the world with Chunk errors all over the place. I am a happy bunny because it means I don't have to spend hours in MCedit.

We just have to make do with what we have. I personally believe the server problems are with multiplay and bugs in the beta of Bukkit.

Should we at least have a restriction of people wandering far from spawn to unexplored areas?

I'm seeing if I can build an ice palace up north in a nice spike biome.

Oh, I think I know exactly where that is. Is it the one north of spawn I was considering at one point? That would make a good potential spot for something as long as folks don't destroy all the spikes. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh, I think I know exactly where that is. Is it the one north of spawn I was considering at one point? That would make a good potential spot for something as long as folks don't destroy all the spikes. :)

pretty much directly north - about 1200. Hopefully people won't destroy any spikes that look castley :)

Has anyone played with using snow layers to smooth out landscape? Do they stay where you put them, or do they despawn/melt/freeze over?

pretty much directly north - about 1200. Hopefully people won't destroy any spikes that look castley :)

Has anyone played with using snow layers to smooth out landscape? Do they stay where you put them, or do they despawn/melt/freeze over?

Layers don't despawn if you place them, but I haven't played around with them and light sources much.

-Minsc-

Hey folks,

Tomorrow morning around 9:30 AST I'll the server offline for about an hour to perform some maintenance. For any of you morning players I suggest your new found free time to go for a walk, read a book, catch up on your chores, have sex, or what ever strikes your fancy. ;)

UF_C

Banned

Light sources will melt snow layers. I'm using the, in my current build and between hiding the lighting and not getting the snow to melt, it's been quite the challenge.

Top Bottom