• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Crispy75

Well. While the server's down, I'm getting busy with Paint, planning my next project - a grand theatre. I'm modelling it on the Deutsches Schauspielhaus in Hamburg. It should go somewhere East/Southeast of the station.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Light sources will melt snow layers. I'm using the, in my current build and between hiding the lighting and not getting the snow to melt, it's been quite the challenge.

I guess the rules are the same as for using ice - had lots of fun building a room under an ice lake and getting the lighting right. Think it was 4 or 5 blocks away for glowstone.

-Minsc-

Stuff:

- /nick command now works for donators.
- In addition to not being able to place TNT, Citizens should no longer be able to ignite it.
- Droppers no longer place TNT.
- Endermen griefing is off, I think.
- Spiffy new command, /tpahere.
- Server mail is available if anyone cares to use it.
- It's past my bedtime.
- Visitors are now mobile. They can interact with doors, levers, plates, buttons, gates, trap doors, and even minecarts.

If there are any permissions seemingly broken, let me know. :)

Checking in again.

Here's todays update:

- Players now have access to the /recipe command. Type /recipe <item_name:ID>
- Donators can now format their text. For now search google for "minecraft text formatting". In tomorrows update I'll give players access to the "/kit color" command. This will give players a book containing all the text formatting. Here's a quick example, typing "&c Hello!" will produce "Hello!" in red text.
- Items in frames are now protected from creepers.

That's it for now. Tomorrow morning, when the server is less busy, I'll work on bringing NeoCraft back. :)

In tomorrows update I'll give players access to the "/kit color" command. This will give players a book containing all the text formatting. Here's a quick example, typing "&c Hello!" will produce "Hello!" in red text.
I hope players don't overuse this, as it can't be disabled in Options for those of us that find coloured lines of text super distracting and annoying.

Main annoyance for me is when someone uses TNT my screen gets spammed to hell :-

oWiqSEP.jpg

So it might be wise to turn "reporting" off

Fuchsdh

Anyone know of an additional paintings mod that's compatible with 1.7? (Perhaps without requiring a bevy of other additional mods?)

-Minsc-

Main annoyance for me is when someone uses TNT my screen gets spammed to hell :-

So it might be wise to turn "reporting" off

Done.

oh shit, NeoCraft's getting put back up? finally.

did bukkit get updated?

Nah, I'm just using a different multiworld plugin that's compatible. Either way, it's coming back. That is, assuming the extra worlds don't lag out the server.

I'll be taking NeoCraft offline tomorrow morning around 10:30 AST. During this time I'll get MultiWorld and maybe Dynmap up and running.

Crispy75

Done.

Nah, I'm just using a different multiworld plugin that's compatible. Either way, it's coming back. That is, assuming the extra worlds don't lag out the server.

I'll be taking NeoCraft offline tomorrow morning around 10:30 AST. During this time I'll get MultiWorld and maybe Dynmap up and running.

Sweet sweet dynmap!

In the case that you can't get that working, any chance of a world file so I can make an overhead? Cheers :)

-Minsc-

Since it is the weekend and likely one of the few chances many of you get to play during the week I've decided to postpone this maintenance until tomorrow morning. This delay will also give me the opportunity to iron out a few more details.

Anyways, have fun and enjoy your day!

Somewhere along the line I broke my minecraft. I can now see no blocks, only torches. Just nothingness. I tried fresh install, fresh .jar's, removing all mods/resource packs, etc... any ideas?

UF_C

Banned
Since it is the weekend and likely one of the few chances many of you get to play during the week I've decided to postpone this maintenance until tomorrow morning. This delay will also give me the opportunity to iron out a few more details.

Anyways, have fun and enjoy your day!

How long do you expect the server to be down? Tomorrow's a holiday and I was hoping to put some work into GAF Tetons.

-Minsc-

How long do you expect the server to be down? Tomorrow's a holiday and I was hoping to put some work into GAF Tetons.

I'll say two hours, just to give myself plenty of leeway. What is your timezone? My plan is to start around 7:00am AST.

-Minsc-

My apologies, I never knew that was a thing. You in Canadia then?

Yes indeed.

Quick update. I have multiworld up and running. I took some time to figure out player inventories. Everything seems to be sorted out in that regard now.

Up next, dynmap. Then I'll open the gates. :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yes indeed.

Quick update. I have multiworld up and running. I took some time to figure out player inventories. Everything seems to be sorted out in that regard now.

Up next, dynmap. Then I'll open the gates. :)

Very nice job Minsc. Goodbye Multiverse, hello Multiworld! :)

I'm curious though to see how our Multiplay server holds up running two 1.7 worlds....

-Minsc-

Very nice job Minsc. Goodbye Multiverse, hello Multiworld! :)

I'm curious though to see how our Multiplay server holds up running two 1.7 worlds....

Well, there's a setting in MultiWorld to disable persistent loaded spawn chunks in a world. In theory only gafland1.7 spawn should be persistently loaded.

Now, while you all wait for the server to come back online I have a treat for you.

The new Dynmap!

Watch as I generate renders of our glorious worlds. :)

Edit: Remember to select gafland-1_7 from the pullout menu on the right.

Edit2: This link will take you directly to gafland.

Edit3: The overhead render is complete, now it's working on the isometric surface and caves maps. I'lll save renders for the other worlds until tomorrow at a time when few people are online. Once this one is complete I'll flick the switch to live. :)

-SD-

Banned
Thank you very much, Minsc. That Dynmap is pure awesome.

I'd like to claim this area marked in red. I would utilize the area to make a staired tube tunnel raising from bedrock to surface. Any objections?

EDIT: I realised the race track might overlap with the build.

minecraft_claimb5kcf.png

belushy

Banned
Well, there's a setting in MultiWorld to disable persistent loaded spawn chunks in a world. In theory only gafland1.7 spawn should be persistently loaded.

Now, while you all wait for the server to come back online I have a treat for you.

The new Dynmap!

Watch as I generate renders of our glorious worlds. :)

Edit: Remember to select gafland-1_7 from the pullout menu on the right.

Edit2: This link will take you directly to gafland.

Edit3: The overhead render is complete, now it's working on the isometric surface and caves maps. I'lll save renders for the other worlds until tomorrow at a time when few people are online. Once this one is complete I'll flick the switch to live. :)

My place near -4500, -4500 doesn't seem to be showing up on the Dynamap. Was all of that deleted or something?

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
My place near -4500, -4500 doesn't seem to be showing up on the Dynamap. Was all of that deleted or something?

The map is still rendering.

EDIT:

Nah nothing was deleted (we decided against a trim). It is still there it is just that chunk hasn't been updated in a while so Dynamap missed it. Once you visit the area it should appear on Dynamap.

Or that.

Nah nothing was deleted (we decided against a trim). It is still there it is just that chunk hasn't been updated in a while so Dynamap missed it. Once you visit the area it should appear on Dynamap. That or Metaphoreus explanation :p.

Everything that was in existence before on Gafland is still there now.

-Minsc-

*flicks breaker with a 50 foot pole*

Come check her out folks!

Default spawn point is set to Gafland.

Gafland can be accessed via /spawn or /warp gafland1.7

Neocraf can be accessed via /warp neocraft

Have fun!

Top Bottom