• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Dear Jeb,

Red sandstone please. Blocks, slabs, steps. Oh, and the two variants too.

It's only natural and logically should have been available since 1.7.0. And can't take more than a few minutes to implement. (Sand and Red Sand are the same ID. So of course red sandstone variants would share yellow sandstone ID's too.)

Sincerely,
everyone who doesn't think a few dozen different colored building blocks is nearly enough and we need a few more

I mean am I right? They could make for some really nice roofs too.

789shadow

Banned
Dear Jeb,

Red sandstone please. Blocks, slabs, steps. Oh, and the two variants too.

It's only natural and logically should have been available since 1.7.0. And can't take more than a few minutes to implement. (Sand and Red Sand are the same ID. So of course red sandstone variants would share yellow sandstone ID's too.)

Sincerely,
everyone who doesn't think a few dozen different colored building blocks is nearly enough and we need a few more

I mean am I right? They could make for some really nice roofs too.
So you want improvements to cats?

Sweet. The realtime stalker map dahahaha I mean uh Dynamap is working again. I'll be watching you all...all the time...I mean occasionally looking to see what wondrous things people are building.

Mirk

Under GAF central I addded a subway that goes from spawn to my island. If any of you would like to link up to it feel free! Thanks for nerfing endermen!!! They were slowly tarring my island apart.

-Minsc-

Under GAF central I addded a subway that goes from spawn to my island. If any of you would like to link up to it feel free! Thanks for nerfing endermen!!! They were slowly tarring my island apart.

Oh, so the enderman thing worked? Awesome.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So you want improvements to cats?
Eh. Cats and dogs will be useless until they make them smart enough to know where home is and can wander freely in that area instead of being in one of two states: Follow and Sit. They're pets! They need to be able to roam. Just make some sort of AI that knows where its home block is and let them wander within a certain area. And if they're following they should be allowed to wander there too instead of following closely.

Pet AI is really bad. Please please give us an update with better AI at some point there too.

1.9 should be an AI update.

-Minsc-

This mornings update. NO SERVER MAINTENANCE!!

;)

Full map renders of both worlds are now up. I can add markers to the map so if you have a build you'd like tagged just fire me a PM with the coordinates and a name to label it.

On the NeoCraft side of things, What do people think of bringing back creative gates (or something similar) to help get around the map? This is for NeoCRAFT obviously, not GAFland. Or, I can just leave NeoCRAFT as is and let people use the rail system. Ideas?

Have fun and enjoy your day!

-Minsc-

Yada, yada.

2014-02-18_09.34.18.png

2014-02-18_09.34.42.png

No objection to creative gates here (as long as it doesn't cripple things). But I was wondering if having a series of warps on Neocraft might be a better option or is that out of the question using multiworld ?

Naturally I bagsy the "Dome City", "Neolantis" and "Domeopolis" tags on the map. Surely I don't need to proved coordinatesI mean the places are big enough ;-)

Anyway hopefully I will be on later to criticise and find fault with everything you have done ;-) Tuesday is usually a bad day for me what with shopping and now having to take the old dear to have her bandage changed EVERY BLOODY WEEK. I mean seriously how can a person take so long to heal a 10cm lump out of their leg .......... I dunno I reckon she is faking it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This mornings update. NO SERVER MAINTENANCE!!

;)

Full map renders of both worlds are now up. I can add markers to the map so if you have a build you'd like tagged just fire me a PM with the coordinates and a name to label it.

On the NeoCraft side of things, What do people think of bringing back creative gates (or something similar) to help get around the map? This is for NeoCRAFT obviously, not GAFland. Or, I can just leave NeoCRAFT as is and let people use the rail system. Ideas?

Have fun and enjoy your day!

So, Neocraft is back up alongside the new GAFland, and we have Dynamaps of both online too?

And it's all working?

Damn fine work Minsc. Damned fine work.

I need to finish up my ravine so I can move on to a new project. I'm feeling the urge to build something huge, like a large flower temple or something. Not a base, just something immense for no other practical reason than the fun of it. Something that will require me to mine and smelt lots of materials and spend dozens of diamond tools in the making of. Maybe a flower version of my Fortress on Neocraft, but bigger....

-Minsc-

No objection to creative gates here (as long as it doesn't cripple things). But I was wondering if having a series of warps on Neocraft might be a better option or is that out of the question using multiworld ?

Naturally I bagsy the "Dome City", "Neolantis" and "Domeopolis" tags on the map. Surely I don't need to proved coordinatesI mean the places are big enough ;-)

I've already casually started placing the no brainer tags like Dome City. ;)

Warps are no issue. :) It's all a matter of having people able to zip around quickly using /warp or having a hub system using gates.

So, Neocraft is back up alongside the new GAFland, and we have Dynamaps of both online too?

And it's all working?

Damn fine work Minsc. Damned fine work.

I need to finish up my ravine so I can move on to a new project. I'm feeling the urge to build something huge, like a large flower temple or something. Not a base, just something immense for no other practical reason than the fun of it. Something that will require me to mine and smelt lots of materials and spend dozens of diamond tools in the making of. Maybe a flower version of my Fortress on Neocraft, but bigger....

I believe most everything is in order, though I suggest people check their ender chest to see if those carried over. I think NeoCrafts were cleared, though it's not really an issue there. On Gafland I haven't used mine so I wouldn't know the difference.

Dynmap seemed to steadily increase RAM usage yesterday. After I did a reboot last night and adjusted a couple settings in the config file it appears to be running steady. I'll keep my fingers crossed there.

-SD-

Banned
Went to the center point of my site and made a quick fixed point stop-motion "camera pan" test. Gotta explore this idea further when the build has made more progess. That's Otami's castle, by the way.

hey minsc, my permissions are no longer set to mod? is that a mistake?

i had the mod powers for the same reason ninefingers does. id like to have them back, cause otherwise its unlikely Jurassic Park will ever be done. =/

is the server stable enough for mcEdit stuff anyway right now?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Went to the center point of my site and made a quick fixed point stop-motion "camera pan" test. Gotta explore this idea further when the build has made more progess. That's Otami's castle, by the way.

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnnaturalBlissfulBird.gif
I really like the building on the mountain. Looks really nice.

I never think about using fences on the tops of my roofs like that. I should start incorporating that into my designs.

-Minsc-

hey minsc, my permissions are no longer set to mod? is that a mistake?

i had the mod powers for the same reason ninefingers does. id like to have them back, cause otherwise its unlikely Jurassic Park will ever be done. =/

is the server stable enough for mcEdit stuff anyway right now?

Hey Danger,

Both you and ninefingers no longer have access to WorldEdit. While the server can handle the use of WorldEdit, it's all a matter of being fair and drawing a line somewhere. If we hand you and nine WE power then we'd have to give it to everyone. This is something we're not prepared to do. I understand this will be an inconvenience, however, it's a necessary decision. :)

-Minsc-

Hey all,

MuffinRaptor (aka: aat0688) is looking for the person whom she was trading obsidian for nether quartz. While she has obsidian to trade her memory fails her as to who the other party was. :)

Dunfisch

Hey all,

MuffinRaptor (aka: aat0688) is looking for the person whom she was trading obsidian for nether quartz. While she has obsidian to trade her memory fails her as to who the other party was. :)

That might have been me... now I know I offloaded, uh, 28 stacks of nether quartz at her place, but I didn't ask for anything in return, much less obsidian.

No, all I wanted was Exp, which I got out of mining the stuff anyway.

Check someone else, perhaps?

masud

Banned
Felt inspired and finally got started on my airship today. It’s basically finished just gotta work on the details.

limlark

I think she offered/promised me some more obsidian at some point, but I don't believe I ever mentioned nether quartz, nor do I have very much of it to trade. Maybe she mentally combined Dunfisch and me into one person?

Well, I would like to see Jurassic Park finished, and anything Nine does is always goddamn amazing. If they aren't allowed to have world edit as they are now, I would suggest they become actual moderators so they can use it and make crazy beautiful things on Neocraft.

-Minsc-

Well, I would like to see Jurassic Park finished, and anything Nine does is always goddamn amazing. If they aren't allowed to have world edit as they are now, I would suggest they become actual moderators so they can use it and make crazy beautiful things on Neocraft.
While I won't rule such a solution out, I'm also not making such a decision on my own. They'll just have to be patient until a decision is made. :)

Hey there. Just randomly dropped in the gaf server as a tourist. SteelRavager is the ingame name.
Good seeing you on the server, hope you enjoyed your time on it tonight! Er, aside from that whole dying, lose all your shit thingy.

Let us know if you ever need anything, pretty much everyone is happy to help.

masud

Banned
How the heck do maps work? I thought the center of the map would be where you're standing when you open it but it seems to be random? Wiki says the center map is the center of the 8 chunk box you're in but how does it determine which chunks are part of that box? Trying to make a seamless fully zoomed out map but I can't figure it out.

-SD-

Banned
To: Dynmap admin

Hello!

I like to use this handy window configuration when using the railway system:

Is it possible to make it so that the map automatically follows a selected player?

It is my great pleasure to announce that ground has been broken on the first of what will be the main transit system for the cool kids. Dome City Engineers faced with the prospect of designing another Dome thought "sod that for a game of soldiers lets build a road" and BOY what a road.

The

Trans
Aquatic
Multi-level
Pedestian &
Overhead
Navigator

Affectionately known as the "Red Line" because it's red and not because it was accidentally named after a feminine hygiene product. It will link Dome City 2 with Arkyoto (if ark ever appears again) and GAF Central at Spawn. The line will feature stations and off ramps every 1,000 blocks :-

Fuchsdh

Hello!

Is it possible to make it so that the map automatically follows a selected player?

Glad to see people riding those rails! :)

EDIT: Can we get the |OT| first post updated with the dropbox and dynamap links? They're currently broken.

-Minsc-

How the heck do maps work? I thought the center of the map would be where you're standing when you open it but it seems to be random? Wiki says the center map is the center of the 8 chunk box you're in but how does it determine which chunks are part of that box? Trying to make a seamless fully zoomed out map but I can't figure it out.

To the wiki!!

Hello!

I'm not sure, it's something in which I'll have to do some reading.

Feel free to read through the Dynmap pages. If you can find any such setting before I get a chance to look through it, all the quicker it gets implemented. :)

Development page.
Wiki.

UF_C

Banned
I think I am picking up a moving my base again. I just dont have enough room to fit the sorter and hide all of the redstone. So tonight I am off for a new location for Base(d)UF_C. I think I have located a spot and will check it out tonight. My next project will not be a wood build either. Thinking clay and a bit more modern.

UF_C

Banned
I'd like to make an appeal to the Supreme Overlord of GAFLand 's Historic Sights and Things That Look Cool. How does one go about submitting the necessary paperwork to have a certain landmark declared protected? I ran across something that would be great if preserved.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I've got a fully zoomed out (2048x2048) Map centered on spawn, I think I put a copy in the spawn map chest, but you're welcome to copy mine.

Xun

It is my great pleasure to announce that ground has been broken on the first of what will be the main transit system for the cool kids. Dome City Engineers faced with the prospect of designing another Dome thought "sod that for a game of soldiers lets build a road" and BOY what a road.

The

Trans
Aquatic
Multi-level
Pedestian &
Overhead
Navigator

Affectionately known as the "Red Line" because it's red and not because it was accidentally named after a feminine hygiene product. It will link Dome City 2 with Arkyoto (if ark ever appears again) and GAF Central at Spawn. The line will feature stations and off ramps every 1,000 blocks :-
Looking good!

Fuchsdh

The

Trans
Aquatic
Multi-level
Pedestian &
Overhead
Navigator

Where exactly were you goin to connect it to GAF? There's a free line pointing east out of the station though if you need to divert it a direction it's a bit congested. Otherwise there's only one line of track downstairs.

Where exactly were you goin to connect it to GAF? There's a free line pointing east out of the station though if you need to divert it a direction it's a bit congested. Otherwise there's only one line of track downstairs.

If you check the dynamap you will see I have started the North route to Spawn. My intention is for it to be a straight run all the way up north carving through hills and what not.

Looking at the map it is a bit congested at Gafland Central so I think the best idea would be for me to build a terminal for the Redline and then a single rail route from that terminal to Gafland. Think of the redline as a sort of motorway which will split into a smaller road if you see what I mean.

Fuchsdh

If you check the dynamap you will see I have started the North route to Spawn. My intention is for it to be a straight run all the way up north carving through hills and what not.

Looking at the map it is a bit congested at Gafland Central so I think the best idea would be for me to build a terminal for the Redline and then a single rail route from that terminal to Gafland. Think of the redline as a sort of motorway which will split into a smaller road if you see what I mean.

K. Then I would suggest building your terminal somewhere NE of GAF Central then.

UF_C

Banned

I think I'm going to continue the line you started and keep heading north. There is a cluster of about 4 villages if you head up pretty far that way. I'll probably try connecting them in case anyone is in dire need of some grunters.

Crispy75

There should be space for more southbound lines under gaf central. The terrain is largely empty south of there as well, so you don't have to go underground.

Gentlemen!!

It's that time again!

Those of you who know me might know that I am a big fan of heavily-modded Minecraft. In the past I offered the smash-hit mostly gaf-based Absurditycraft modpack and server, and this time, I am coming at you with the fully-functional, fully-totally awesome...

xzxPNCP.jpg

That's right, it's an FTB Monster Server. And look at all that oil!

What is FTB Monster, you ask? It is the new flagship mod pack from the Feed The Beast team, probably the most respected creators of mod packs in the Minecraft community. Monster expands the core Minecraft experience several times over, and it's quite possible you would never be able to do all the things the game now has to offer! If that excites or intrigues you, read further...

-Build stuff!!
-Raid dungeons!!
-Practice weird creepy majicks!!
-Do nerdy tech stuff!! If you're into that, you NERD

If you would like to join the fun, just follow these completely painless, easy steps!

1. If you haven't already, you should buy, download, and install Minecraft because it is the greatest PC game ever made even better than League of Legends.
2. Send me a private message with your Minecraft username so I can add you to the whitelist and give you the server address!
3. Go to http://feed-the-beast.com/ , scroll down, and download the client. Jar and exe both work, but I guess if you have problems with one you can try the other?
4. Run that sucker, then create a new profile with your Minecraft username and password.
5. Go to Options, and increase the RAM Maximum to maybe about half of what your computer has.
6. Go back to modpacks, click Monster and click Launch. It will download the modpack.
7. Once Minecraft launches, close Minecraft and re-open the FTB launcher client.
8. Click Monster once again, click "Edit Mod Pack" and Enable all the mods except for ZansMinimap and Reiminimap. (you can play with these alternate minimaps, if you want. It comes down to preference. Personally I like Journeymap for the ability to map out the whole world.)
9. You're good to go! Click Launch and connect to the server!

This server is just getting started. I don't even have a house yet! So, if you want to get in on the ground floor, now's the time!

Once again, I'm offering this as an alternative experience for those who want to try something different from vanilla Minecraft. If you've never played modded Minecraft before and you're not sure what it's all about, then give it a try! It's a lot of fun, the gameplay possibilities are endless, and people will be more than happy to help you out.

I would love to see a lot of talented builders and newbies alike on this server, so if you're at all interested, please check it out! Just like with the main gaf server, this is all about building a community.

Top Bottom