• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

elektrixx

Banned
I'm looking into converting as many 360 saves to PC to be future proof. My Minecraft 360 Edition save has carried over perfect.

I edited my 360 save and added a wall of obsidian all around the sides so it remained genuine without water and lava rushing out/in. I left two blocks free with a ladder. I then pasted the chunks into my PC save, out where no chunks were drawn yet.

I feel great.

Fuchsdh

I'm looking into converting as many 360 saves to PC to be future proof. My Minecraft 360 Edition save has carried over perfect.

I edited my 360 save and added a wall of obsidian all around the sides so it remained genuine without water and lava rushing out/in. I left two blocks free with a ladder. I then pasted the chunks into my PC save, out where no chunks were drawn yet.

I feel great.

How do you convert saves?

Isobelise

say babes,
can I get whitelisted again on the normal minecraft server,
Are all donators ranks reset or can I get mine back?
kisses and thanks ^^

masud

Banned
Map 4 of 9 (maybe 12) half way done...

Hey fuch what's up with drys line? I want to start using set home in the remote areas that I'm mapping and a train to my base from spawn would definitely help. I'll help work on it if you lay down a little track so I can what design you're going for and the route you wanna take.

Fuchsdh

Map 4 of 9 (maybe 12) half way done...

Hey fuch what's up with drys line? I want to start using set home in the remote areas that I'm mapping and a train to my base from spawn would definitely help. I'll help work on it if you lay down a little track so I can what design you're going for and the route you wanna take.

Sorry I've been offline Dota 2'ing it up as of late. Dry's line currently has one stop on the mesa, need to run it into the jungle. From there I was going to build a station and have a spur line leading to Dry's, and continue the rest of the line proper down towards you I guess (you're the guy slightly SW of Dry correct?)

I'll prolly work on it more today and tomorrow. I need to finish off my lodge's roof too.

masud

Banned

Sorry I've been offline Dota 2'ing it up as of late. Dry's line currently has one stop on the mesa, need to run it into the jungle. From there I was going to build a station and have a spur line leading to Dry's, and continue the rest of the line proper down towards you I guess (you're the guy slightly SW of Dry correct?)

I'll prolly work on it more today and tomorrow. I need to finish off my lodge's roof too.
Yeah that's me, I put up a sign at the Mesa stop with the coords to the subway tunnel I built.

Fuchsdh

Yeah that's me, I put up a sign at the Mesa stop with the coords to the subway tunnel I built.

Ok I'll work my way there this weekend.

EDIT: I see while I was away someone put a great big dick in my house. I was unimpressed with the craftsmanship.

Isobelise

Seems Evil and me are building our old castle again ^^
we're back :D

2014-03-02_00.15.08.png

Fuchsdh

Ok so I've extended the Green Line to a new stop, currently titled "Jungle North", that will serve as a junction for a spur to Dry's estate, and the main line continuing south. The stop is currently suspended above the ground a bit precipitously pending construction of an elevator and the rest of the station, so beware.

I'll run the rails tomorrow and update the map. Not sure the progress of some of the outbound lines.

Bentles

Had a bizarre thing happen when the server crashed about 10 minutes ago. I was hanging out with MuffinRaptor when the server gave a message and kicked me (couldn't read it, it just flashed on the screen for a split second) and when I logged back in I was in lava and died within a few seconds). Lost all my good tools and weapons. :(

I think sometimes you can log on and go through the floor before it loads or something. So if you're on perfectly safe ground, but above lava this can happen. It sucks.

Fuchsdh

I think sometimes you can log on and go through the floor before it loads or something. So if you're on perfectly safe ground, but above lava this can happen. It sucks.

That happens to me all the time but I don't actually fall through, it just glitches for a moment.

Fuchsdh

Evil9000 on his throne in our castle ^^

Very cool.

So, updated GAF Metro map! Click to make huge!

Src: http://i.imgur.com/0754h84.gif

So, in the past month, Mirk completed his line, but he didn't connect it to the existing yellow line and Puppet ran the yellow line into a dead end at his grinder, so I just colored Mirk's line pink (running out of line colors now...) He ran it way underground, so it actually comes out in the basement of GAF Central I carved out a couple weeks ago and put a little restaurant in (it also connects to my house underground.)

The Green Line is now extended all the way SE to Nyot's place. The stations are all still a work in progress which I'll prolly finish up this week. There are two single-track spur lines running to Dry's estate and Muffin's place off the main line.

After finishing up the stations, I'll be done with current track work. Might start a line from Wooley's to the edge of the peninsula and across the sea, or extend the red line further east--it seems to have stalled after its first station.

Very cool.

So, updated GAF Metro map! Click to make huge!

Src: http://i.imgur.com/0754h84.gif

So, in the past month, Mirk completed his line, but he didn't connect it to the existing yellow line and Puppet ran the yellow line into a dead end at his grinder, so I just colored Mirk's line pink (running out of line colors now...) He ran it way underground, so it actually comes out in the basement of GAF Central I carved out a couple weeks ago and put a little restaurant in (it also connects to my house underground.)

The Green Line is now extended all the way SE to Nyot's place. The stations are all still a work in progress which I'll prolly finish up this week. There are two single-track spur lines running to Dry's estate and Muffin's place off the main line.

After finishing up the stations, I'll be done with current track work. Might start a line from Wooley's to the edge of the peninsula and across the sea, or extend the red line further east--it seems to have stalled after its first station.

Great work! There will eventually be an eastward extension along that purple line to Katzegard. The part where it turns from east to north is near my area. :)

I tamed my first horse. I'm so happy.

Went into my first Desert Temple, found 2 gold horse armors. Second temple, found a saddle. Luckily the desert I was in bordered a savannah. It was tricky as hell riding him back home, lots of rivers he couldn't cross and then night fell and I had to do that funky "jump and build a dirt tower under yourself" trick wile riding him to make sure we stayed out of harm's way until the sun rose and I could get him home.

Man what an adventure. Also finally got some carrots from the villages near the Desert Temples, finally gonna get some pigs for my farm!

Fuchsdh

Great work! There will eventually be an eastward extension along that purple line to Katzegard. The part where it turns from east to north is near my area. :)

I would say it makes more sense to grab the red line, since the purple veers so badly. We've still got one unused eastbound line at spawn so if the red stays more NE it's not an issue.

Crispy75

I would say it makes more sense to grab the red line, since the purple veers so badly. We've still got one unused eastbound line at spawn so if the red stays more NE it's not an issue.

Yeah there's a few settlements out due East in the mountains, then a lot of firest and then some sort of DOOM FORTRESS at 3,000 East. No idea whose that is but it's huge. Deserves a train line.

Sure, sounds like a good idea. I'll have to plot out a nice point for a station and come up with a design that integrates with my fortress theme.

Fuchsdh

Sure, sounds like a good idea. I'll have to plot out a nice point for a station and come up with a design that integrates with my fortress theme.

Breaking news: by order of Dictator-for-Life Charlie the Charming, who built a red-colored line without the correct permits, the Red Line is now the Cyan Line.

I want to put a station just north of the current Red Sand Inn one by Thorn, Vyk, and whoever elses's stuff is there (Mirks?) but want to stick it somewhere it wont be in the way. Beyond that I think it's open to expanding where-ever you need it to go.

Crispy75

Breaking news: by order of Dictator-for-Life Charlie the Charming, who built a red-colored line without the correct permits, the Red Line is now the Cyan Line.

I want to put a station just north of the current Red Sand Inn one by Thorn, Vyk, and whoever elses's stuff is there (Mirks?) but want to stick it somewhere it wont be in the way. Beyond that I think it's open to expanding where-ever you need it to go.

PS: I've been riding the rails recently and I think you've been getting the stop design wrong. The first of three powered rails should be the slope, then the one by the button, then another. Like so:

mtFKoy9.png

Rather than with a powered rail on top of the slope. Powered rails can only start you from a dead stop if they're sloping in the direction of travel. Having a flat powered rail on top means you have to get out and re-set your cart at every stop. I've fixed the ones I've come across (Green line as far as Dry's)

Fuchsdh

PS: I've been riding the rails recently and I think you've been getting the stop design wrong. The first of three powered rails should be the slope, then the one by the button, then another. Like so:

mtFKoy9.png

Rather than with a powered rail on top of the slope. Powered rails can only start you from a dead stop if they're sloping in the direction of travel. Having a flat powered rail on top means you have to get out and re-set your cart at every stop. I've fixed the ones I've come across (Green line as far as Dry's)

Well, there's technically only optimized for one-way travel since at some point I'll be building the other line (I've gone and made sure they're at least usable from both directions though.)

Crispy75

Well, there's technically only optimized for one-way travel since at some point I'll be building the other line (I've gone and made sure they're at least usable from both directions though.)

Are you going to actually lay a second track all the way along each line? Or just have 2-way stations?

jBuIrOw.png

masud

Banned
Fuch have you thought about ender chests at all of the stations? It's the best way to make sure you always have a cart imo. I have about 15 or so I can donate.

Fuchsdh

Fuch have you thought about ender chests at all of the stations? It's the best way to make sure you always have a cart imo. I have about 15 or so I can donate.

Thought about it, hadn't implemented. You have 15 carts or 15 ender chests? You can stick them on stations as you go if you want. Next to the walls with the colored glass and station signage is probably the best place to put it. You could stick them into the floors so they don't take up as much room too.

Are you going to actually lay a second track all the way along each line? Or just have 2-way stations?

jBuIrOw.png

Second track all the way. I think it looks a bit nicer aesthetically. Now that all the stations are up and running I'm going to be working a bit more on some construction at my place and rerouting some track into a new location, then I'm probably going to start double-tracking with the purple line since that's already got much of the stone and rails laid.

woolley

Using ender chests for minecarts seems kinda pointless. It'll only serve people that keep their minecarts in there and it would be of no use for people (especially any new players) that don't have any minecarts of their own or an ender chest.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just want to say that I've only played Minecraft for maybe a few hours, but watching the stuff you guys put together is amazing.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Using ender chests for minecarts seems kinda pointless. It'll only serve people that keep their minecarts in there and it would be of no use for people (especially any new players) that don't have any minecarts of their own or an ender chest.

That can be easily solved with a minecart donation chest on the central station.

The idea behind using ender chests is so the carts don't get all backed up at the station everyone goes to. Well, if people pick up their carts off the track and then put them in the chest, so it probably wouldn't happen anyways. :V

MrBig

I always keep iron (as well as a bunch of other essentials like wood, coal, food, a few enchanted tools/weapons, etc) in my ender chest even if I don't keep carts. When I take the rail back to my old house I stick the cart into the ender chest and return it to the chest at the station. Having access to ender chests would be very useful.

Hey you talk as if I had a choice. We are talking about the Board Of Organisational Building & Industrial Engineering Structures here (or BOOBIES for short). Those guys don't mess around when they want a Tampon they damn well get a Tampon and contrary to what all the adverts show us it aint blue baby it's red ;-)

However Dome City Authorities do recognise your cooperation in this matter and they have cancelled the hit contract they had on your pet dog (telling ya you don't want to mess with these guys).

belushy

Banned
Problems such as?

When I click to start the Monster pack, it beings to do its usual 5 minute long boot up. It starts Minecraft and then gets stuck at the Mojang screen and then just closes. No "MINECRAFT IS NOT RESPONDING" message, it just closes down along with the console. Looking at the FTB forum some people are having the same problem, but no one is giving a fix. Was just wondering if others here are having the same problem.

Vlad

When I click to start the Monster pack, it beings to do its usual 5 minute long boot up. It starts Minecraft and then gets stuck at the Mojang screen and then just closes. No "MINECRAFT IS NOT RESPONDING" message, it just closes down along with the console. Looking at the FTB forum some people are having the same problem, but no one is giving a fix. Was just wondering if others here are having the same problem.

Just checked, and it's loading just fine for me, using the Monster pack.

I get the same. I just assumed it was normal with all the mods. I just don't close Minecraft when I'm done to avoid the boot time.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I really need to get back into this I get motivated than play for 5 minutes and get bored....

I never have that problem with Minecraft. Lately I've been jonesing to play, I have desires to build huge things, but time is my enemy. I'm trying to finish Dark Souls, I bought Banished and it's fun and addicting, and oh yeah Diablo III patched up to actually make it a good game now. I've been avoiding playing Minecraft for over a week now because when I do it's all I freakin play, lol.

EVIL

I never have that problem with Minecraft. Lately I've been jonesing to play, I have desires to build huge things, but time is my enemy. I'm trying to finish Dark Souls, I bought Banished and it's fun and addicting, and oh yeah Diablo III patched up to actually make it a good game now. I've been avoiding playing Minecraft for over a week now because when I do it's all I freakin play, lol.

pretty nice for a 10 buck game

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
pretty nice for a 10 buck game

Very. Minecraft is literally the best gaming value I have ever spent money on. I have hundreds of hours into the game already, and I know for a fact that I will still be playing it for many years to come. I've not even delved into the mod world at all yet. So much potential. If I had paid $100 for it I'd still be happy. I think I actually paid something like $10 or $12 for it back in alpha....

Top Bottom