• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Thought I might shove this latest render of the T.A.M.P.O.N line up for all to marvel at. I am past the halfway point and 5 of the 10 station terminals have been built. I have already put up pictures of the Elephant being violated type station. This is the second type of station, it is designed to be a hub so the network can be expanded East and West :-

0aZEqs4.png

Yeah yeah yeah I know what you are all thinking. You are thinking this :-

tTc9cKQ.gif

Fuchsdh

Thought I might shove this latest render of the T.A.M.P.O.N line up for all to marvel at. I am past the halfway point and 5 of the 10 station terminals have been built. I have already put up pictures of the Elephant being violated type station. This is the second type of station, it is designed to be a hub so the network can be expanded East and West :-

tTc9cKQ.gif

Very nice, and not at all phallic :) the texture pack you are using has very nice water.

DukeSucks

stupid baby zombie got into my spawn and killed me and now I can't respawn and get away... does he ever leave??

and the respawn screen is rubberbanding, so I assume it's the little jerk teabagging me right?

edit: puppet, I think you said you recovered some of my stuff, can you just drop it in one of my upstairs chests? thanks :)

belushy

Banned

tTc9cKQ.gif

Jeez, that must have took forever to harvest all of that sand...

So to answer a question you mentioned earlier, Fuchs, I'm not sure the coordinates for where the Cyan Line Katzegard station will be yet because I'm not sure where I'm going to put the station (if it'll be in the village or outside the castle walls, and if outside, where exactly). I would need to talk to Diggeh about placement since he's a neighbor, but I haven't seen him on lately.

I did notice that the Purple Line is actually underneath part of where I'm likely to expand to in the future; the turn it makes to start heading north instead of east from GAF Central is adjacent to Katzegard. That means it's likely I'll want to throw a transfer spur and station up near that bend in the future as well, though I can construct both after consulting with you a bit. I have some ideas for a dual-line station underground that I never got to use on the original NeoCraft server.

Fuchsdh

So to answer a question you mentioned earlier, Fuchs, I'm not sure the coordinates for where the Cyan Line Katzegard station will be yet because I'm not sure where I'm going to put the station (if it'll be in the village or outside the castle walls, and if outside, where exactly). I would need to talk to Diggeh about placement since he's a neighbor, but I haven't seen him on lately.

I did notice that the Purple Line is actually underneath part of where I'm likely to expand to in the future; the turn it makes to start heading north instead of east from GAF Central is adjacent to Katzegard. That means it's likely I'll want to throw a transfer spur and station up near that bend in the future as well, though I can construct both after consulting with you a bit. I have some ideas for a dual-line station underground that I never got to use on the original NeoCraft server.

Hmm. Well either option is fine, really; like I said earlier we're not hurting on lines going east so it might make more sense to run the cyan to you and maybe just have a transfer spur so that if people wanted to head north from where you are they don't have to go all the way back to spawn. I look forward to your ideas--I've been building pretty generic station templates for the nondescript stations but always like seeing people make cooler ones :)

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
stupid baby zombie got into my spawn and killed me and now I can't respawn and get away... does he ever leave??

and the respawn screen is rubberbanding, so I assume it's the little jerk teabagging me right?

edit: puppet, I think you said you recovered some of my stuff, can you just drop it in one of my upstairs chests? thanks :)

I have not, for the life of me, understood why there are baby zombies, why they hit for more damage then regular zombies, and why they aren't burned by sunlight.

I thought it was a poorly designed mob from a mod before learning it was from the actual game.

Fuchsdh

I have not, for the life of me, understood why there are baby zombies, why they hit for more damage then regular zombies, and why they aren't burned by sunlight.

I thought it was a poorly designed mob from a mod before learning it was from the actual game.
Wait they deal more damage too?

I kinda like the little zombies. They get my blood rushing when I hear them because I know they can get through any 1-block sized hole that's ground level or one up, they're fast, and since they're small and fast they're harder to hit. I usually dump some sand under myself and nail 'em with my bow and arrow. Didn't know they did more damage, though. Fuckers!

Speaking of MOBs though, I'd like to eventually see more diversity based on biome? Like Yetis in the snow, I don't know what would be in the jungle, mummies that guard desert temples? Or really just yetis. I'm on a massive trek right now and days and days and days north of my farm and I crossed through a snow biome and it didn't seem like anything was really spawning, there were maybe two Creepers and a Skeleton and that was it all night. Bummed me out a bit :\

Ourobolus

Banned
So how does one go about joining the GAF-land (or whichever is the one everyone is building things on)? I am by no means a genius with Minecraft yet, but it at least looks pretty interesting to try out.

r1chard

I'm looking at playing with mod packs using Technic (thanks to the Yogscast Moonquest pack looking like stupid amounts of fun) but I have a couple of questions if anyone can help...

1. Technic Launcher uses your Minecraft login to auth! WTF?! Why and does anyone know anything about this? Surely this is unsafe!?
2. Assuming I can get a reasonably satisfying answer to #1 the biggest issue with the Moonquest pack is the lack of Mo Creatures which my daughter really wants to play with... Does anyone know of a pack that includes that and the mods like in Moonquest, running in a recent version of Minecraft (not 1.5.2 like ?

What'd be ideal is being able to search technic packs by mod, but I can't see a way to do that...

So how does one go about joining the GAF-land (or whichever is the one everyone is building things on)? I am by no means a genius with Minecraft yet, but it at least looks pretty interesting to try out.
PM CharmingCharlie or Ark, or just post your Minecraft name and they'll whitelist you.

-Minsc-

PM CharmingCharlie or Ark, or just post your Minecraft name and they'll whitelist you.

Ones quickest option is to post here or PM CharmingCharlie or -Minsc-. Compared to the two of us, Ark seems to be MIA more often. If Charlie or myself are on the server when you log in we can give you citizenship as well.

-Minsc-

NihonTiger on Neocraft - 82 - Highs and Lows (Server Tour, Part 3) is now live, featuring folks living to the south of town like Woolley, nytonm's airship, the yellow line (Craig, Duke, etc.) and more.

I'll take this opportunity to explain a few things about NeoCraft for those who missed it. :) Feel free to pass this info on in your next video Nihon.

NeoCraft is now officially our creative mode world so by default a players gamemode is set to creative upon entering. Inventory is split from Gafland to prevent El-Cheating. The sign board you glanced over at 1:59 in the video features some handy-dandy options which are exclusive to NeoCraft. Right clicking each sign activates the command listed. For examples, the [Weather]Storm sign makes it rain and the [Gamemode]Survival changes your gamemode to survival. Being a creative world I figure it's ok to give players a little more freedom. These signs can only be created by mods so if a player would like one in a more convenient location on NeoCraft ask and I'll fix you up. :)

Signs.png

Vyktal

Hey there,

I threw some donation quid to the server. Would you mind upgrading Fran to a donator so she can get the /back function?

Cheers :)

ZZMitch

So I logged on for the first time in a couple of weeks today (busy time at school for a bit there and... Hearthstone) and I was gathering some sand and stuff near my base and I came across some cobblestone a few blocks from the stairs leading up to my house. I naturally go an investigate and found out it was stairs leading down to a Stronghold! I walked around it a bit but not too much; I was a little scared since I have never been in a Stronghold before.

Interesting that it is so close to my base tho.

NihonTiger on Neocraft - 82 - Highs and Lows (Server Tour, Part 3) is now live, featuring folks living to the south of town like Woolley, nytonm's airship, the yellow line (Craig, Duke, etc.) and more.

Jesus, Nihon you could have gone inside my fortress. When you went out of the portal you should have gone up instead of right and around the fortress. The door up there would have a button for you to push.. :p

So no one could see the inside of my fortress :(

No prob though. nice seeing my place on youtube! :)

How can you run Chunky on a multiplayer world, though?

Being a mod means I have access to a download of the world. So when I want to do a render I just download the world from the server and shove it into Chunky.

Many apologies for not being on minecraft for the past few days. I don't know how it happened but I contracted MAN flu again. I personally think it is payback for me making fun of Internation Sandwich maker day (or is it womens day ?)

Jesus, Nihon you could have gone inside my fortress. When you went out of the portal you should have gone up instead of right and around the fortress. The door up there would have a button for you to push.. :p

So no one could see the inside of my fortress :(

No prob though. nice seeing my place on youtube! :)

You know, I can rectify that. Road trip back to your place! :D

Many apologies for not being on minecraft for the past few days. I don't know how it happened but I contracted MAN flu again. I personally think it is payback for me making fun of Internation Sandwich maker day (or is it womens day ?)
You've been missed! The lack of smite on the server takes out the personal touch, ya know? Sure, Minsc can do it... but there's always a touch of love behind his lightning bolts, not the cold indifference us hardcore players crave.

Get better.

So, I was looking around the NeoCraft map when I came across this.

It's around Overdoziz' place. Anyone care to shed some light?

I have noticed some buckets of lava being poured on top of things on Neocraft. One on the giant triforce, on a wooden building near the spawn, and one at Mengy's fort (I think... The giant stone brick pyramid thing near Pioneer). I fixed the two of them, and left the triforce one because it was just falling onto ice/water. Came back later and found that one fixed by someone else.

-Minsc-

I have noticed some buckets of lava being poured on top of things on Neocraft. One on the giant triforce, on a wooden building near the spawn, and one at Mengy's fort (I think... The giant stone brick pyramid thing near Pioneer). I fixed the two of them, and left the triforce one because it was just falling onto ice/water. Came back later and found that one fixed by someone else.

I just fixed the one I mentioned above. All is now well, I think.

-Minsc-

Great colors (Go Gators) but seems more of a prank than anything else, right?

Well, this kinda crosses the line. First, nobody came forward admitting it was a prank. Second, numerous locations on the server were hit (as Artist mentioned, Mengy's fortress and the Tri-Force fell victim). Third, the person never cleaned up their mess. We're lucky WorldGuard prevented the lava from destroying anything.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well, this kinda crosses the line. First, nobody came forward admitting it was a prank. Second, numerous locations on the server were hit (as Artist mentioned, Mengy's fortress and the Tri-Force fell victim). Third, the person never cleaned up their mess. We're lucky WorldGuard prevented the lava from destroying anything.

My Fortress was griefed? Bah, someone just can't appreciate fantastic architectural skills. :D

I need to log on and spend some time sight seeing, I've been too engrossed finishing my first Dark Souls playthrough recently.

Oh, gosh, I'm so embarrassed! If I had known company was coming I would tidied up the place a bit! Or at least put a door in. Right now the wall is just about the most impressive thing there, but I'm planning on some sort of palace sooner or later.

No prob; the place is looking good! I will likely be by sometime in the future to check things out; I'm curious to see where you're planning to take the build! :)

Yeah, pouring lava over people's stuff is no prank.

In brighter news: you can now watch NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 83 - Go West, Young Cat (Server Tour, Part 4)! There's a 4-5 second blank gap there in the start; I accidentally moved a clip during rendering back by that amount of time and never filled in the gap, so it's there but you didn't miss anything.

Yay, my temple made it! I'm glad you found the "hidden" way up.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, Beekle owns the bottom part of the mountain and was kind enough to let me build on top. It makes for a cool hidden passage way up with his place almost guarding the whole area.

UF_C

Banned

Yeah. Seems like a BS move. Is there anyway to find out when the lava was placed and then to see who was on the server at that time? I guess even in creative mode lava will do its damage.

Speaking of neogaf. Can anyone suggest the best way to tour what's on there? I always start out and then get sidetracked by something and then become jealous that I'm a shit buildier, destroy whatever it is I'm working on in GAFLand and start over again.

-Minsc-

Yeah. Seems like a BS move. Is there anyway to find out when the lava was placed and then to see who was on the server at that time? I guess even in creative mode lava will do its damage.

Speaking of neogaf. Can anyone suggest the best way to tour what's on there? I always start out and then get sidetracked by something and then become jealous that I'm a shit buildier, destroy whatever it is I'm working on in GAFLand and start over again.

Well, on GAFland your best bet is the rail line. On the NeoCraft side of things, right now the rail line or the nether network will get you where you want to go (the nether network would be my choice). We do have the creative gates but the network isn't set up yet.

-Minsc-

For your viewing pleasure.

68625_hour.png

I'll try downgrading to the latest BukkitDev 1.7.2-R0.3 tomorrow morning. Looking at all the mods, they seem to be listed to work with R0.3. No promises this will help anything. :)

-Minsc-

Hey folks, I'm taking the server offline to perform some troubleshooting maintenance. These resets are getting out of hand.

-Minsc-

I played alone for a few hours and there were no resets. Might be useful information.

The resets seemed more frequent the more players online. More online means more chunks loaded which in turn means higher RAM usage.

Server is back up and running. Here's what I did this morning.

- Downgraded to CraftBukkit-1.7.2-R0.3 (latest beta build)
- Upgraded Essentials, EssentialsGroupManager, WorldEdit, and WorldGuard to the latest versions.
- Last night I updated MultiWorld and Dynmap.

Keep our fingers crossed folks. :)

Top Bottom