• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
When I click to start the Monster pack, it beings to do its usual 5 minute long boot up. It starts Minecraft and then gets stuck at the Mojang screen and then just closes. No "MINECRAFT IS NOT RESPONDING" message, it just closes down along with the console. Looking at the FTB forum some people are having the same problem, but no one is giving a fix. Was just wondering if others here are having the same problem.

It sounds like you're having the same problem as I was. Quoting my own post from a page back:

Edit2: Had to increase my Permsize to 256 MB to run the pack, the default appears to be 128. For those of you watching at home, you can do this from the FTB launcher under Options, Advanced options, Additional Java Parameters, and either replace the 128 with 256, or if nothing is there, add a "-XX:permSize=256M" (Without quotes).

Edit: Noone on the FTB forum knows what's going on? That's asinine, it says right in the error message in the console that it ran out of memory.

belushy

Banned
Sorry I forgot to comment here that my problem was fixed. Someone told me that my MapMaker.cfg file was messing up so I deleted it and it was fixed. Didn't have anything to do with RAM. Weird that it seems to be different reasons for everyone.

By the way Gafland, I've finished laying down all of the snow for our Message Board. Only thing now, is to add the lettering for "MESSAGES" at the top of the board. I was just wondering if anyone here with a knack for making cool lettering in Minecraft wanted to do it. Right now I'm just doing a very basic and boring "font."

Message board is almost ready for public use, just need to add the greeting building (Well and the lettering as I said above). :)
Sorry it took me so long ;P

edit: Here is a pic for reference of my boring and generic "font" for the Message board. :) (And yes, the S at the end is not as wide as the other letters because I ran out of space. Probably gonna redo later.)

grBwCyz.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
My problem with maps as they're implemented now is that they don't update themselves. If you change something you have to take the map and travel all over the place to get it to update.

This shit should be automatic. Cache each top block color in a file and have maps refer to it every time a chunk is loaded with a map in it. Or a map is accessed. If you make changes to the world, update the cache. Then maps will update themselves again when you load them up the next time.

belushy

Banned
My problem with maps as they're implemented now is that they don't update themselves. If you change something you have to take the map and travel all over the place to get it to update.

This shit should be automatic. Cache each top block color in a file and have maps refer to it every time a chunk is loaded with a map in it. Or a map is accessed. If you make changes to the world, update the cache. Then maps will update themselves again when you load them up the next time.

True, but the Message board will not have this problem because you only need to update with one map, the rest automatically update after that all over the world. I know what you mean about an actual "Dynamap" in-game though.

Thank you Crispy, that looks tons better than what I came up with :)

Unicorn

So I haven't played in probably 2 years, but just checked the GAF map in the OP and it looks like my old mountain cut-out house is still there?!!?

About to try and reconnect to the server, but I'm so out of date on Minecraft. I'm just dumbstruck my humble abode is still intact. I see my castle-building neighbor has truly expanded his kingdom haha

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Server Files/index.html#/-475/64/120/max/0/0

Also, NihonTiger, I just finished watching your video because I was trying to see if my place was still around - but seeing GAFland so built up just inspired me even more to get back into it.

-Minsc-

So I haven't played in probably 2 years, but just checked the GAF map in the OP and it looks like my old mountain cut-out house is still there?!!?

About to try and reconnect to the server, but I'm so out of date on Minecraft. I'm just dumbstruck my humble abode is still intact. I see my castle-building neighbor has truly expanded his kingdom haha

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Server Files/index.html#/-475/64/120/max/0/0

Also, NihonTiger, I just finished watching your video because I was trying to see if my place was still around - but seeing GAFland so built up just inspired me even more to get back into it.

Actually Nihon was exploring the new survival world, GAFland. This map went live January 1, 2014. The old NeoCraft map is now up parallel to GAFland as our creative world.

Default spawn is GAFland. NeoCraft can be access by typing /warp neocraft. Once there your gamemode automatically switches to creative. To get back to GAFland you type /warp gafland or /spawn.

Since you've been gone for so long and the old whitelist was lost last year I expect we'll have to re-add you. Give us your MC name and it will be done. Were you a citizen or donator?

New, and up to date, world maps can be found here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watching nihon made me miss gafland. :(

the burnout is strong with me though. i open minecraft jump around in a circle for 10 minutes and then log out. :(

---

looks like my grinder got stuck, the clock must have froze.

lucky it happened before the chests filled up. i swear i remember turning the blasted thing off. [or maybe i broke a bit of redstone and i dont remember doing it]

Unicorn

Actually Nihon was exploring the new survival world, GAFland. This map went live January 1, 2014. The old NeoCraft map is now up parallel to GAFland as our creative world.

Default spawn is GAFland. NeoCraft can be access by typing /warp neocraft. Once there your gamemode automatically switches to creative. To get back to GAFland you type /warp gafland or /spawn.

Since you've been gone for so long and the old whitelist was lost last year I expect we'll have to re-add you. Give us your MC name and it will be done. Were you a citizen or donator?

New, and up to date, world maps can be found here.
Oh dang. Yeah someone in there already added me as a citizen again. Changed my name too.

I guess it'll be a fresh start for me. Was going for a mountain dugout / tree house vibe last time around. There's probably a million new things for me to find out about now.

I'm trying to get back to Minecraft. I was kind of busy.

I need to get whitelisted again? My username is "RaiderMX"

I have some ideas already with the (new for me) daylight sensor, it's been a long time since I last played.

-Minsc-

Update time! :D

This morning I added the latest version of Creative Gates to the server. Using Creative Gates we can create a custom gate network to assist travel around NeoCraft creative world. At this time there are no plans to bring Gates to GAFland. Currently I've restricted gate creation to mods and admins. The plan eventually is to give Donators the ability to create gates. Once I take the time to figure out how to split the GAFland and NeoCraft world permissions I'll do so. For not just fire me a PM here or mail in game and I'll set up your gate. :)

Here's a nice guide on gate usability. They are quite versatile and I believe much improved over the previous version. A quick warning, when you destroy a gate the water blocks transform into regular water source blocks. It's a good idea to build a little enclosure around your gate before dismantling it. :)

Gate001.png

Gate002.png

-Minsc-

Dynmap:

So, I accidentally discovered if you click on a players icon in the side menu it will highlight it then automatically follow that player around the map. Stalker level +1000.

-SD-

Banned
Dynmap:

So, I accidentally discovered if you click on a players icon in the side menu it will highlight it then automatically follow that player around the map. Stalker level +1000.
That's the first thing I noticed. Too bad it really does not follow the player i.e. when the player moves out of sight the map does not move with the player, you have to do it manually. See my post about the issue here.

Unless it's a browser thing. I'm using the latest Firefox.

-Minsc-

That's the first thing I noticed. Too bad it really does not follow the player i.e. when the player moves out of sight the map does not move with the player, you have to do it manually. See my post about the issue here.

Unless it's a browser thing. I'm using the latest Firefox.

Actually, it does follow the player. Make sure you click the players face and not their name in the sidebar. When you do so the players name will become highlighted and the map will automatically move to track the persons movements.

-SD-

Banned
Actually, it does follow the player. Make sure you click the players face and not their name in the sidebar.
Wow, it works. I've always clicked on the name. Just a few pixels to the left and the "issue" would've solved itself........................................................... oh, well.

Fuchsdh

The journey is also very loud and I forgot to turn my minecart sounds down.

Haha, this is true. The orange line is probably the shortest other line in terms of stops, dunno if there's much of interest up north in the desert though (haven't done proper stops there yet.)

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
While digging my sekrit underground base in Absurdity Craft, I encountered some disturbing natural gas, courtesy of GasCraft.
And it has annoying effects, joy.
Looking up the mod, looks like you need to use Esmasher's toolboxes, except it's talking about fracking... errr.. what the hell, it doesn't tell you how to collect the gas from the air.

Well, there's always the simple solution.

..... :(

Edit: Oh, and it looks like it self-replicates, AND isn't properly updating client-side. I just drowned without any warning. Annnnnd it's all over my temporary base. What a load of hot air. ... Gas.

Damn, that's a complicated mod:
Different gases are obtained differently. Some gases, such as natural gas, can be acquired using hydraulic fracturing. Other gases like deadly neurotoxin must be produced by processing other gases. Hydrogen can be produced by processing Algae in a photobioreactor, and smoke can be obtained as a by-product of energy production.

I think people are going to be modding this game for years.

masud

Banned
NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 81 - Riding the Rails (Server Tour, Part 2)

More touring! More Crispy! More Minsc! More riding on the rails for long portions of time that I edited out!

Woohoo I'm a star, I wish I could have had the 'big tree' done before you visited though, it's going to be above the train station if I ever get around to finishing it. I also need to finish the inside of that purple house and the courtyard. I've just been making maps for the past two weeks...

Crispy75

Aaagh, you were recording when I screwed up my redstone damn you :D
It's working now. Also you can drop flowers onto the stage (but can't see it from the control room :-/)

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Damn, that's a complicated mod:

I think people are going to be modding this game for years.

The mod seems incomplete, though, as you see from my third screenshot, there was no processing blocks. And I dodged a major bullet: if the server was on hard mode, the gas would have been ignited by torches, and I would have a large hole where a base used to be.

What I ended up doing was carving a vent up to the surface, and now my tunnel is gas free (aside from air blocks. :V) I still have swaths of tunnel I need to patch up with cobblestone, though.

Top Bottom