• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Dang, I was hoping we'd have the MCM Lighthouse and "Structure" done before you all went putting it on maps and what-not. Oh well.

I was thinking it might be easier to build a rail to our continent through the nether, rather than in the overworld. Either way, we could build a station in the base of the MCM Lighthouse to serve the rest of the western territory. There's a small subterranean ravine beneath the lighthouse that we could start out with for that purpose, if needed.

I might have caused that. :p I wandered out to your base in my server tour video series while I was visiting folks on the western edges of the map.

Speaking of the tour, it is indeed done for now; I have two smaller projects to work on at Katzegard. But I do plan on visiting some other folks like Liz/Evil and Wyz in the future here to check things out. :)

Also worth noting ... making grass spread takes for-friggin'-ever.

Fuchsdh

Just finished Slime Pit phases III and IV (24 columns + tube tunnel/main entrance). Total mined blocks count so far is over 1 million. ~700K mined using diamond pickaxes. Radius is 127. 157 with columns.

Updated timelapse GIF (Jan 10 - March 27, 2014).

minecraft_gafland_sli30kqk.gif

Very cool.

Dang, I was hoping we'd have the MCM Lighthouse and "Structure" done before you all went putting it on maps and what-not. Oh well.

I was thinking it might be easier to build a rail to our continent through the nether, rather than in the overworld. Either way, we could build a station in the base of the MCM Lighthouse to serve the rest of the western territory. There's a small subterranean ravine beneath the lighthouse that we could start out with for that purpose, if needed.

Give things a damn name so I don't have to come up with one :p

The nether sucks, I stay in the good old overworld, so you're getting a rail line whether you like it or not :p Sticking it in the lighthouse however is a capital idea.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Give things a damn name so I don't have to come up with one :p

True story, we use the word "structure" to refer to it. Eventually, it'll just be "home," once we finish building the mansion on top. But for now, "home" is a little tunnel running beneath the structure, and the structure is the "structure." Eventually we'll come up with a better name for it.

EDIT:

As for the rail line, it may be better to build the station in the base of the "structure," rather than the lighthouse. We're planning kind of a natural look down there, so it could make for an interesting station.

In any event, if anyone wants to start working on that, let us know. We've got a lot of rail from abandoned mineshafts that we can donate, and of course would be more than happy to help building the line and a station.

Fuchsdh

True story, we use the word "structure" to refer to it. Eventually, it'll just be "home," once we finish building the mansion on top. But for now, "home" is a little tunnel running beneath the structure, and the structure is the "structure." Eventually we'll come up with a better name for it.

Haha how fortuitous.

Nihon: I've got some quartz if you want it. Didn't know where to dump things in your build when I visited.

Just finished Slime Pit phases III and IV (24 columns + tube tunnel/main entrance). Total mined blocks count so far is over 1 million. ~700K mined using diamond pickaxes. Radius is 127. 157 with columns.

Updated timelapse GIF (Jan 10 - March 27, 2014).

minecraft_gafland_sli30kqk.gif

That's awesome. Really impressing.

I will need to make a trip over there someday.

I asked earlier but what am I missing to join the server? I input the IP and it won't do anything.

Are you sure you have it right?

It is:
Quote to see.

You do need to get whitelisted to do stuff, but you should be able to enter.

r1chard

In Mystcraft, not only do you have to remember your linking book but also do not forget to link the bastard to your overworld.

Like I just did.

Now I'm stuck in an Age with no glass and no lava. As far as I'm aware that's killed all the loopholes for getting out of an Age without a linking book. Fffuuuuuuu.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's awesome. Really impressing.

I will need to make a trip over there someday.

Are you sure you have it right?

It is:
Quote to see.

You do need to get whitelisted to do stuff, but you should be able to enter.

Thank you. The one in the OP is out dated.

My game name is liquidmetal14 so I'd definitely appreciate being white listed.

Fuchsdh

In Mystcraft, not only do you have to remember your linking book but also do not forget to link the bastard to your overworld.

Like I just did.

Now I'm stuck in an Age with no glass and no lava. As far as I'm aware that's killed all the loopholes for getting out of an Age without a linking book. Fffuuuuuuu.

...I did not realize there was a Mystcraft. I'm intrigued and will hafta' go look.

Like I just did.

Haha, yup. Always have to make sure you have a book. You might also be able to find a star fissure which you can use to escape back to the overworld.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I see you plan like me. Except you are more careful, my drawing is messy. And flawed, because the paper was too small...

I plan Minecraft things out on graph paper a lot too. Especially during meetings at work when I'm bored.

Metaphoreus

I got a lot of Minecraft-work done today, which means I probably won't get much Minecraft-work done over the rest of the weekend, since I have real work to do.

But, we have begun excavating under the water in front of our Structure to serve as a West Gafland rail station (or whatever we're calling the western continent). Once we've figured out where the bottom of the station will be, we'll begin working on a rail line connecting our station with the San Ashgadia station. Obviously we'll coordinate building the line closer to San Ashgadia so as not to annoy anyone.

r1chard

Haha, yup. Always have to make sure you have a book. You might also be able to find a star fissure which you can use to escape back to the overworld.
AFAIK they only appear in Ages which have had a Star Fissure page. And to find one I'd have to travel the ages, but I couldn't leave the current one 'cos I didn't have the glass to make ink vials (I had everything else but there was no sand in the Age). Also, couldn't use the Nether loophole because there was also no lava.

Anyway, I ditched that game and rerolled a new game I called "Don't Forget The Link Book" :)

My spawn was on the top of a giant tree, so I've been hollowing it out to make it my home (with the smeltery etc in the basement and a quarry out on the ocean right beside it. Quarries should always be over water - it's just finished its first run and I have several stacks of obsidian :)
I did have to disable treecapitator - it got very, very confused sometimes :)

There's a lot of room in one of those trees...

Moss is a bugger to find.

ps. I'm playing this variation of the Moonquest modpack which includes Mystcraft (the Mystcraft author refuses to allow people to include his mod in "paid" modpacks, and the Moonquest modpack maintainer requests donations to maintain the pack and their Moonquest server)

My latest NeoCraft build, completed. :)
Awesome!

Come, join us on the FTB Server! There's Mystcraft and a whole ton of other mods to mess around with. You, too, can have your house turn into a mess of wires, tubes, and machines, like so:

L2FhGLk.png
God fucking dammit Vlad, why do you do this to me? Clean that shit up or I'll join the server just to blow your place up.

Vlad

God fucking dammit Vlad, why do you do this to me? Clean that shit up or I'll join the server just to blow your place up.

If it makes you feel any better, it's just a temporary place. I had set up an initial shack, but it was apparently right by where somebody was going to build.

So, that shot is the second temporary shack that's right next to the much larger build that I'm working on, so things will definitely be a little more organized eventually. It did occur to me that I'm basically reliving my little hovel on Mirk's old server, though.

Any updates on what is causing those hard restarts of the server? I noticed it had gotten really bad since Multiverse and the fancy portals were added a few weeks ago. I have barely been able to get any work done on my build as any progress keeps getting wiped. :(

Any updates on what is causing those hard restarts of the server? I noticed it had gotten really bad since Multiverse and the fancy portals were added a few weeks ago. I have barely been able to get any work done on my build as any progress keeps getting wiped. :(
Ya, it's a little frustrating. Any chance the auto backup can happen more frequently? Would that help?

Ranger X

Interesting. I disconnected many times, its fucking annoying but I did not loose progress

Metaphoreus

Very cool. Whereabouts is it on the map so I can plan accordingly?

You can see the northeast corner of it on the Dynamap. It's underwater, directly east of the dock in front of our structure. If you're building a rail from San Ashgadia to the north, then you should connect it to our station at x: -1745-47 (three wide so there can be two tracks), y: 22 (this is important, because it's underwater), z: 443. We may begin building a rail straight north from those coordinates, so let us know if you begin building from the other end of the rail so we can figure out where to meet.

Fuchsdh

You can see the northeast corner of it on the Dynamap. It's underwater, directly east of the dock in front of our structure. If you're building a rail from San Ashgadia to the north, then you should connect it to our station at x: -1745-47 (three wide so there can be two tracks), y: 22 (this is important, because it's underwater), z: 443. We may begin building a rail straight north from those coordinates, so let us know if you begin building from the other end of the rail so we can figure out where to meet.

Going to be building a rail from the east, actually, so go ahead and build north if you want.

-Minsc-

I haven't noticed it being any worse with creative gates installed. The biggest culprits would be multiworld and dynmap combined with a memory leak in 1.7. To my knowledge 1.7.5 is supposed to fix things server side. There is a dev version of CraftBukkit 1.7.5 but the rest of the plugins have yet to update to 1.7.5. If people wish I can remove multiworld and dynmap until 1.7.5 is ready. I doubt it'll fix the resets but it should make them less frequent.

After a few weeks, my zombie training is coming along nicely! I now have them marching to their death in an organized manner. In return for giving them a quick death, they promise not to step out of line:

RLsMQe4.jpg

Fuchsdh

OK, where will you be building from? That way we can figure out how to fit your rail into our plans.

I'm building out from under Joe's Ice Biome--you can see a portion of the tunnel and the outline of the transfer station to what will be Charlie;s Line on the map. I'm a bit south of where your station is but I'll just put a dogleg into it. It's five squares wide including the glass covering.

I haven't noticed it being any worse with creative gates installed. The biggest culprits would be multiworld and dynmap combined with a memory leak in 1.7. To my knowledge 1.7.5 is supposed to fix things server side. There is a dev version of CraftBukkit 1.7.5 but the rest of the plugins have yet to update to 1.7.5. If people wish I can remove multiworld and dynmap until 1.7.5 is ready. I doubt it'll fix the resets but it should make them less frequent.

Resets are annoying but Dynmap is so damn useful I can live with it.

Metaphoreus

I'm building out from under Joe's Ice Biome--you can see a portion of the tunnel and the outline of the transfer station to what will be Charlie;s Line on the map. I'm a bit south of where your station is but I'll just put a dogleg into it. It's five squares wide including the glass covering.

I thought that might be the case. We were thinking of building a circle line that goes to MCM lighthouse, Bentles' build, then back to Mengy's flower farm (is there anything else to the west?) and into the station again. Any way we could incorporate that route with your line?

I'll leave that call up to everyone as a group; I know some folks really like having that Dynmap up and having the multiverse going. I know last time I was on I lost a ton of progress I'd made on my latest small project due to resets and I've been losing things from caving trips, too.

If most folks want them to remain up, I'll have to work around the resets, but I don't want to seem like I'm making any demands.

Speaking of Bukkit, though: did we ever take a look at Spigot and see if it was something we could replace Bukkit with? http://www.spigotmc.org/ I don't know much on the backend of things, but Bukkit seems to be incredibly slow to update (and let's be honest; Mojang should have mod support integrated by now)

ZZMitch

Hey guys I live a bit east of spawn (near the wild west village) and was wondering where I could get access to farm animals to make my own farms? It seems like the wilds have been purged of them heh.

-Minsc-

I'll leave that call up to everyone as a group; I know some folks really like having that Dynmap up and having the multiverse going. I know last time I was on I lost a ton of progress I'd made on my latest small project due to resets and I've been losing things from caving trips, too.

If most folks want them to remain up, I'll have to work around the resets, but I don't want to seem like I'm making any demands.

Speaking of Bukkit, though: did we ever take a look at Spigot and see if it was something we could replace Bukkit with? http://www.spigotmc.org/ I don't know much on the backend of things, but Bukkit seems to be incredibly slow to update (and let's be honest; Mojang should have mod support integrated by now)

I've read a bit about Spigot, though I'm not too familiar with it. That might be something Multiplay would have to install. As I said before, there is a dev version of 1.7.5 Bukkit however the rest of the plugins have yet to update.

Been doing some reading and it seems Multiverse has improved in the time since I started working with MultiWorld. Here's what I can do, set up another test server and play around with various dev builds. In the time being I can take down NeoCraft and Dynmap so we can have a more stable server and allow me to focus on the test server. I could play around on the live server but that would likely make things worse then they all ready are. ;)

Top Bottom