• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

ZZMitch

Those new world creation options are totally awesome, there's all the different parameters BUT we can't have a world size or something?

Am I the only fool in this world who would like a limited world? I mean, I have this fantasy to actually "master" a world of a given size, strip it of all its ressources of prevent any bad mob to spawn, stuff like that. Might be an alien.

I would be into that if the world didn't just fall into nothingness. Maybe like a mini-planet sort of thing where it wraps around (eventually East becomes West and North becomes South).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Those new world creation options are totally awesome, there's all the different parameters BUT we can't have a world size or something?

Am I the only fool in this world who would like a limited world? I mean, I have this fantasy to actually "master" a world of a given size, strip it of all its ressources of prevent any bad mob to spawn, stuff like that. Might be an alien.

For me personally, the huge "infinite" world is one of the best features of the game. If there was a limited world size option I would literally never ever use it. Still, options are never a bad thing.

Sarcasm

They still should add a way to limit world size. I mean really....they doing that may as well go all out, right? But this is MC =p

On top of world size they should add:

ore generation options
biome blacklists/whitelist

What else?

Fuchsdh

Yeah having a "super-rich" ore option would be nice.

Also something that impacted incidences of abandoned mines, villages, strongholds and other non-natural features.

Ark

POOP! the stupid minecraft whatsemathingy auto-updated ><
when will the server get an upgrade?

Probably not for some time, if the past is anything to go by. You can downgrade your client in the profile drop-down menu on the log in screen though.

harshairmail

Neo Member
Can someone help me out?

I followed a couple of tutorials and attempted crafting a map. What I ended up with was this:
64GJ11p.png

The moment I open up the map, most of it is already filled and I'm nowhere near the centre.

I'm not doing anything wrong, right?
I craft an empty map, put it in my hands and then right click.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Can someone help me out?

I followed a couple of tutorials and attempted crafting a map. What I ended up with was this:
64GJ11p.png

The moment I open up the map, most of it is already filled and I'm nowhere near the centre.

I'm not doing anything wrong, right?
I craft an empty map, put it in my hands and then right click.
Maps are aligned to a set grid. A default sized map is about 128x128 meters. So opening one at say 53, 107 will create a map of 0, 0 to 127, 127. This allows you to place them in frames and create giant connected maps. Just look at your coordinates before you open one and make sure you're in the proper position next time.

harshairmail

Neo Member
Maps are aligned to a set grid. A default sized map is about 128x128 meters. So opening one at say 53, 107 will create a map of 0, 0 to 127, 127. This allows you to place them in frames and create giant connected maps. Just look at your coordinates before you open one and make sure you're in the proper position next time.

Ahh I see. That makes a lot of sense and it turns out that the tutorial I was looking at is outdated.

Thanks for the help :)

alllllllllllllll byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy myselffffffffffffffffff, playing minecraft alllllllllllll byyyyyyyyyyy myselllllllllllllffffffffff

Link to song in case you don't get the reference :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3j_fdSpkmE

Anyway whilst you all fiddle with your fancy sliders, widgets, gizmos and weird sexual devices the TAMPON has reached a major milestone. The rail system is now fully working. You can get from Spawn to Arkyoto in one straight shot now admittedly it does take erm 30 mins but hey that's TAMPON RAIL for ya.

On another note the Great and Glorious TAMPON received it's first piece of customer feedback. Naturally the highly trained staff at TAMPON Customer Services handled the feedback in an appropriate manner :-

TAMPON CS said:

-Minsc-

Hey all,

I've decided it's time I severely cut back on my Minecraft time. As much as I'd like to play MC there are way more important avenues in my life to focus my time.

To anyone who is interested, I'm giving permission to take over my desert project. All I really ask is to avoid simply stripping the area for its resources. Build something nice and bring your own grand vision to life. :)

I'll still do server management behind the scenes, someone here has to keep the lights on. ;)

Fuck you Ark.

You took way too long to try to piss me off with your supposed Lightning memorial that Ash had to do it for you. You couldn't even be a proper antagonist to me, just like how Mecha-Pope was in 13.

You look bad and you should feel bad.

Hey all,

I've decided it's time I severely cut back on my Minecraft time. As much as I'd like to play MC there are way more important avenues in my life to focus my time.

To anyone who is interested, I'm giving permission to take over my desert project. All I really ask is to avoid simply stripping the area for its resources. Build something nice and bring your own grand vision to life. :)

I'll still do server management behind the scenes, someone here has to keep the lights on. ;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooo mah buddy ;_______;

Totally understand ald all, but at least come around every once in a while. Don't want to see you disappear forever. :)

Ark

Hey all,

I hugely appreciate everything you've done for the server and I apologise in advance for ruining it all by accident ;)

Best of luck in whatever it is you're doing next!

Fuck you Ark.

You took way too long to try to piss me off with your supposed Lightning memorial that Ash had to do it for you. You couldn't even be a proper antagonist to me, just like how Mecha-Pope was in 13.

You look bad and you should feel bad.

Oh you wait, I'll build a Lightning memorial that even you could be proud of.

belushy

Banned

Nope, you're not alone. I'd love an option like that as well.

And like Sarcasm said, having rarity sliders for ores/gems would be pretty cool too.

-Minsc-

Noooooooooooooooooooooo mah buddy ;_______;

Totally understand ald all, but at least come around every once in a while. Don't want to see you disappear forever. :)

Hopefully I don't disappear for ever. No doubt there'll be times I'll log on for 15 minutes and end up staying for a few hours. ;)

Mengy

Hopefully I don't disappear for ever. No doubt there'll be times I'll log on for 15 minutes and end up staying for a few hours. ;)

I wish I could play more lately, but I've been working on fixing up an F150 and starting to redo my deck, so game time has been rare lately. This summer is going to be rough on me, I'm honestly looking forward to the fall so I can get more game time, LOL.

Ark

I wish I could play more lately, but I've been working on fixing up an F150 and starting to redo my deck, so game time has been rare lately. This summer is going to be rough on me, I'm honestly looking forward to the fall so I can get more game time, LOL.

Boy am I jealous!

They had to change the name of the 2011 Ferrari from F150 to something I've forgotten because Ford thought people would get confused between a continent-sized truck and that beast :p

Yeah ive got i think 6 at that level i mean higher
Im talking shanghai tower level not 432 park avenue/1wtc/sears tower /200 grenwich st ldvel

masud

Banned
is there a copy of the old gafalnd map available? I want to copy a build I had on there but I don't remember how I did the redstone stuff.

-Minsc-

is there a copy of the old gafalnd map available? I want to copy a build I had on there but I don't remember how I did the redstone stuff.

You mean the short lived GAFland 1.6.4 from before we upgraded to 1.7? It's still sitting happily on the server. :)

Thanks for the mod advice.

Is the NeoGaf server working? It didn't seem to be there when we tried it.

Yep, it's whirring away like normal.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So I wonder if they are making it like earth. Lava Center. So instead of a flat world you have a real circular world?

woolley

Sounds like a reasonable price compared to other services. Maybe not as useful for everyone without mod support but I don't see a problem with it.

Ranger X

So I wonder if they are making it like earth. Lava Center. So instead of a flat world you have a real circular world?

Sounds more like there will be world edges now for a start. It will not end in noise and when there's an update, old edges will probably smooth out or something. This also probably means we will FINALLY have a "world size" option or something.

Mengy

Sounds more like there will be world edges now for a start. It will not end in noise and when there's an update, old edges will probably smooth out or something. This also probably means we will FINALLY have a "world size" option or something.

The new borders appear in any world now at 30,000,000 blocks from spawn. So technically the maps are no longer infinite, they are just walling us out of the Far Lands. Which is freaking far away, I've never traveled more than 100,000 blocks from spawn in any of my worlds so far, and that took a very focused concentrated effort. But now at least custom maps with "small" world sizes can have borders that aren't ugly walls of bedrock, or even use custom border graphics.

So I messed around with the custom map stuff last night, I don't know what half of the expert parameters actually do but wow can you make some crazy unique worlds. Maps without oceans are actually kind of cool in an apocalyptic way, just deep gravel flatlands and valleys separating the biome continents with the occasional lava lake or ravine or mineshaft exposed. Worlds with smaller than normal biomes are very reminiscent of early beta worlds to me. Especially once you increase the height and noise stuff, then you start getting very crazy worlds. In contrast, making a superflat world with a ground level of 64 and tiny biomes is actually freaking awesome. That one is going to be my new "creative" experiment world.

Yeah, I'm going to be making a new single player world once again. My old one is a hodge podge of various areas I've wandered off to for each new update that added stuff, but with these custom settings I want to make something tailored a bit. Something with biome size taken down a notch, dungeon rarity and mountain height increased, larger rivers, and ore clumps increased from 8 max size to something like 12 or 16 max size. I don't need ores to be more frequent but I do want ore veins to be more robust. I want to be able to make extensive rail lines and use ore blocks as building materials. Basically I want a map very rich in ores with awesome unique terrain to explore and build in. Oh yeah, and tons of the new stones too.

So yeah, new world for me.

Ranger X

The new borders appear in any world now at 30,000,000 blocks from spawn. So technically the maps are no longer infinite, they are just walling us out of the Far Lands. Which is freaking far away, I've never traveled more than 100,000 blocks from spawn in any of my worlds so far, and that took a very focused concentrated effort. But now at least custom maps with "small" world sizes can have borders that aren't ugly walls of bedrock, or even use custom border graphics.

So I messed around with the custom map stuff last night, I don't know what half of the expert parameters actually do but wow can you make some crazy unique worlds. Maps without oceans are actually kind of cool in an apocalyptic way, just deep gravel flatlands and valleys separating the biome continents with the occasional lava lake or ravine or mineshaft exposed. Worlds with smaller than normal biomes are very reminiscent of early beta worlds to me. Especially once you increase the height and noise stuff, then you start getting very crazy worlds. In contrast, making a superflat world with a ground level of 64 and tiny biomes is actually freaking awesome. That one is going to be my new "creative" experiment world.

Yeah, I'm going to be making a new single player world once again. My old one is a hodge podge of various areas I've wandered off to for each new update that added stuff, but with these custom settings I want to make something tailored a bit. Something with biome size taken down a notch, dungeon rarity and mountain height increased, larger rivers, and ore clumps increased from 8 max size to something like 12 or 16 max size. I don't need ores to be more frequent but I do want ore veins to be more robust. I want to be able to make extensive rail lines and use ore blocks as building materials. Basically I want a map very rich in ores with awesome unique terrain to explore and build in. Oh yeah, and tons of the new stones too.

So yeah, new world for me.

That's awesome. Here's what I would dream to have as a single player world:

- 3000 x 3000 world (or maybe 5000 max)
- Smaller biomes
- 3 Mineshafts
- 3 Stronghold
- Increased village spawning
- Increased dungeon spawning
- Increased temple and other special structures spawning

That would be like my "perfect world".

EDIT: LOL AT WORLD SETTINGS...

2014-04-26_052928_zpsb76823b7.png

haha!

-Minsc-

Really? So is there a command to get to it?

It's as simple as loading it with MultiWorld, adjusting a couple options, then providing a warp. While it is easy to bring back, I don't want to put any extra strain on the server at this time. If people really want I could load it up and see how well the place handles the extra load.

That's awesome. Here's what I would dream to have as a single player world:

- 3000 x 3000 world (or maybe 5000 max)
- Smaller biomes
- 3 Mineshafts
- 3 Stronghold
- Increased village spawning
- Increased dungeon spawning
- Increased temple and other special structures spawning

That would be like my "perfect world".

EDIT: LOL AT WORLD SETTINGS...

2014-04-26_052928_zpsb76823b7.png

haha!

"There be ores here!"

Bentles

Hey guys. I made this survival archery game that uses redstone to keep your score a few months back and haven't really shared it with anybody.

Here's a video that explains how to play with the download link in the description if you want to try it out:
http://youtu.be/jBqsn-ADO-Y

Here are a few pictures of the first of 4 areas (they do get more creative :p):
The Savannah themed area:
2014-04-26_124422.png

A target:
2014-04-26_124748-1.png

The area you shoot from:
2014-04-26_124756-1.png

-SD-

Banned
Hey guys. I made this survival archery game

http://youtu.be/jBqsn-ADO-Y
Looks cool. Will try this one out.

- - -

OK for me to start digging an artifical ravine directly due north from Crispy's desert garden? The garden is located north from Spawn.The ravine would be 7 blocks wide and reach from top to bedrock. I checked the route a few hundred of blocks in advance and nothing (except for some rails) would be directly in its path. So, the route would be clear at least all the way up to the big body of water.

Top Bottom