• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Slime blocks will now move adjacent blocks when pushed by pistons. So who is going to be the first person to make a giant mecha? Giant gates, elevators, and vehicles might all be possible with such a simple addition.

I need this. Like, now.

I'd like to put my current build on hold for it, but how many months would it take for the server to see this stuff? Probably too long :(

Hi new page!

-Minsc-

I need this. Like, now.

I'd like to put my current build on hold for it, but how many months would it take for the server to see this stuff? Probably too long :(

Hi new page!

We might see the Vanilla release before the end of May. For the server, I say the end of June at the earliest. More likely July.

Vlad

Slime blocks will now move adjacent blocks when pushed by pistons. So who is going to be the first person to make a giant mecha? Giant gates, elevators, and vehicles might all be possible with such a simple addition.

Ok, that's pretty awesome. There's not even anything similar in any of the current mods (RedPower had the moving frames, but that mods pretty much dead these days) that I'm aware of.

Vlad

Yeah, I've already got all the plans for making giant gates that open and close and drawbridges and the like. Exciting stuff!

Well, even though you can move lots of blocks at the same time, there's still the issue of moving the whole mess a longer distance easily. Unless something's changed that I'm not aware of, using a chain of pistons ends with an almost exponentially-increasing amount of redstone. Two pistons in a row is easily doable, but even three starts to get messy.

-Minsc-

More like September for server, amiright?!

SPECULATION!

I can safely say one month, minimum, after vanilla 1.8 release the server will be updated. Look at it this way, most the plugins we use have yet to be updated to work with CraftBukkit 1.7.9. They're still back on 1.7.2/1.7.4.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ugh. I can't get the snapshot to work on my home server. It keeps crashing when I try to download the world data upon connecting.

The world is from 1.7.9 but it should have converted it correctly or something. Edit: According to the crash log and the console when loading up, a picture frame is causing the problem. My world is full of picture frames. WTF do I do? Maybe it'll be fixed by release.

Plus the 1.7 server I usually play on has been down for days. So I can't play at all anywhere. I don't want to play single-player. Bah. Guess I'll just downgrade to 1.7.9 on the server again. Booooo.

Fuchsdh

Ugh. I can't get the snapshot to work on my home server. It keeps crashing when I try to download the world data upon connecting.

The world is from 1.7.9 but it should have converted it correctly or something. Edit: According to the crash log and the console when loading up, a picture frame is causing the problem. My world is full of picture frames. WTF do I do? Maybe it'll be fixed by release.

Plus the 1.7 server I usually play on has been down for days. So I can't play at all anywhere. I don't want to play single-player. Bah. Guess I'll just downgrade to 1.7.9 on the server again. Booooo.

Downgrade to 1.7.4, then join ussssss

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
So, here's a tiny change coming in the next update that will probably completely up-end the entire redstone system.

ImperturbableMeanCuckoo.gif

We modders have had that since 1.4.6 when Eloraam added frames to her Redpower2 mod.

Moving Platform

Redstone in Motion Mod

A moving quarry relying on Calclavia's Modular Force Field System and it's ability to move blocks around.

I kid, this is great that it's becoming stock.

Ark

Can someone white list 'azokho' ?

That's fush's brother.

By the way, with Ark rarely on, Charlie on UK hours and minsc taking a break... I was thinking we could use one more mod during evening hours. I think Fuch would be a good choice as he's on lots, is good at organizing and has yet to piss me off.

Something to maybe consider.

This is a good idea and I'd be happy to promote Fuch to being a mod. If he wants the job that is?

I might be on over the next couple of weekends, I still want to finish Arkyoto and build something much closer to spawn. Just need to drag myself away from War Thunder first.

Actually being able to run games smoothly and at high settings is such an incredible experience ;_;

-Minsc-

This is a good idea and I'd be happy to promote Fuch to being a mod. If he wants the job that is?

I might be on over the next couple of weekends, I still want to finish Arkyoto and build something much closer to spawn. Just need to drag myself away from War Thunder first.

Actually being able to run games smoothly and at high settings is such an incredible experience ;_;

Another suggestion is Thorn. He seems to be on quite a bit and he actually works with programming and the like for his job. Might be a good idea too have someone who actually knows what they are doing on the backend. My "copy and paste" of code method only goes so far. ;)

Fuchsdh

I'm happy to volunteer. Also happy to donate to the "get Ark a better Mac so he stops complaining" fund :p

Another suggestion is Thorn. He seems to be on quite a bit and he actually works with programming and the like for his job. Might be a good idea too have someone who actually knows what they are doing on the backend. My "copy and paste" of code method only goes so far. ;)

Thorn and I tend to be on at roughly the same times so he seems like a good choice too.

Well, even though you can move lots of blocks at the same time, there's still the issue of moving the whole mess a longer distance easily. Unless something's changed that I'm not aware of, using a chain of pistons ends with an almost exponentially-increasing amount of redstone. Two pistons in a row is easily doable, but even three starts to get messy.

I know there's a trick that involves using a sticky piston and a regular piston facing each other, next to a rather small redstone structure, that allows the two piston combo to travel very far. Piston pushes sticky piston, the retracts. Sticky piston expands, grabbing regular piston, then pulls it close. Repeat and the double piston "crawl" along the length of the track you've built. Now you can use one double piston worm to move large structures easily.

Ark

I'm happy to volunteer. Also happy to donate to the "get Ark a better Mac so he stops complaining" fund :p

Thorn and I tend to be on at roughly the same times so he seems like a good choice too.

I built a gaming rig a couple of weeks ago!

I really have no idea who we should promote to a mod, you both seem like you'd fit the bill but I'm always wary of having an unbalanced active-player : mod ratio. I've never actually made that call, it's always come down to a Google-poll election. Curse my inability to make decisions.

Just to clarify being a "degenerate" is one of the key skills needed to be a moderator on Neocraft. I know personally if it wasn't for my degenerate .... ness I wouldn't have lasted five minutes.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Just to clarify being a "degenerate" is one of the key skills needed to be a moderator on Neocraft. I know personally if it wasn't for my degenerate .... ness I wouldn't have lasted five minutes.

I'm not really a degenerate, I'm just inept.

Both Fuch and Thorn would be good choices, even if it's just in a limited role to whitelist people and fix when people get screwed out of stuff due to server crashes.

Macka

I started a new single player seed a few days ago. Didn't like where I spawned, so I travelled for about twenty minutes until I found a nice mountain to build my base into.

First surprising moment was that I was able to dig a path down straight to bedrock, without mining into a cave system, ravine or coming across lava. Just a nice 4 block wide path straight down diagonally. That has never happened to me before!

Anyway, started mining for diamond down there and almost immediately mine into a library, connected to a stronghold with a functioning End Portal. What are the chances of stumbling across this literally right below my base! Awesome. :)

I NOMINATE ME AND POSSIBLY ASH FOR MOD STATUS! ASH WILL USE HIS POWERS RESPONSIBLY AND I'LL USE THEM TO BAN PEOPLE I DON'T LIKE THAT PARTICULAR DAY AND SMITE EVERYONE WHO TALKS IN THE CHAT! ALSO IT WILL MAKE MY JOB OF MAKING DUMB SHIT FOR ASHGADIA MUCH EASIER WITH THAT THERE WOODEN AXE SHIT!

so fuck you ark you lightning-loving son of a bitch

I am so, so sorry for ever bringing this up.

This message brought to you by the Campaign to distance himself from Shane as much as possible.

I started a new single player seed a few days ago. Didn't like where I spawned, so I travelled for about twenty minutes until I found a nice mountain to build my base into.

First surprising moment was that I was able to dig a path down straight to bedrock, without mining into a cave system, ravine or coming across lava. Just a nice 4 block wide path straight down diagonally. That has never happened to me before!

Anyway, started mining for diamond down there and almost immediately mine into a library, connected to a stronghold with a functioning End Portal. What are the chances of stumbling across this literally right below my base! Awesome. :)
How did I miss this post? That's awesome! I still hold out hope I'll luck out like this one day.

kidko

Oh hi! long time, friends. Is the server still in the same spot? haven't played in like 4-5 months. Had a baby and stuff.

M4shy

Neo Member
I've been playing a ton of FTB on 1.6 over the past month or so which reminded me -
Is the FTB Gaf server still ran/populated/updated?

got a question. What are the best block types to use for roads? Should I use 2 types in combinations -- 2 cobblestones for borders and 3 for interior?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
got a question. What are the best block types to use for roads? Should I use 2 types in combinations -- 2 cobblestones for borders and 3 for interior?
I make my borders cobblestone steps and the road normal stone slabs. It looks really nice as a pathway and is built down into the ground. But it makes me wish there were more slab block types. Like hardened clay slabs would be amazingly useful. Basically all block types should have a stair/slab type too.

Plus using slabs means you get twice as many.

Crispy75

Gafland roads are three cobble/gravel with stone slab borders. Sometimes the borders are level with the road, sometimes elevated.

Top Bottom