• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Bentles

I'm actually not sure if the settings I saved for the map will be the same for you guys. If not then I suggest turning off the day-night cycle and mob spawning and setting the gamemode to peaceful. Here are the commands for that:
- All players must be in survival mode (command: /gamemode 0)
- Play on peaceful (command: /difficulty 0)
- Turn off mob spawning (command: /gamerule doMobSpawning false)
- Turn off day-night cycle (command: /gamerule doDaylightCycle false)
- Set the time to day (command: /time set day)
Hope you like it :)

Ranger X

Creating "mechanical" mini-games is hard in Minecraft, its sort of this game's weakness.
Your target shooting game looks to work fine, its really cool!

Bentles

Creating "mechanical" mini-games is hard in Minecraft, its sort of this game's weakness.
Your target shooting game looks to work fine, its really cool!

I've tested each target individually so hopefully there are no bugs.

It's pretty tough to make something like that without a lot of prior knowledge about redstone. I watch a bunch of minecraft youtube videos so luckily I knew just about enough to put that game together.

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys :)

Hey guys. I made this survival archery game that uses redstone to keep your score a few months back and haven't really shared it with anybody.

Here's a video that explains how to play with the download link in the description if you want to try it out:
http://youtu.be/jBqsn-ADO-Y

Here are a few pictures of the first of 4 areas (they do get more creative :p):

Awesome, Bentles. Consider me doing a video on the minigame this week. :)

GhaleonEB

So, relatively new to Minecraft, 360 edition. My kids got into it about a month ago, myself a week after. I'm trying to not read any wiki stuff and just explore and discover stuff, but I've run into a dead end on my search for a Blaze rod.

I've found one giant Nether dungeon, and cleared it out, about two weeks ago. I killed a few blazes and destroyed the spawner, but didn't get any rods. Since then, I have yet to find another Blaze. I've probably spent 10 hours in the Nether trying to find another dungeon, but there seems to just be the one, and it's all cleared out.

I've been exploring the Nether top to bottom, edge to edge (to the chunky bedrock walls and ceiling), but have yet to find another dungeon, or any nether brick at all.

Is it possible I'm out of luck? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Edit: Decided to travel to the farlands in 1.6.4.

9A4hfMul.png

Pretty much the clearest distinction here. Stepping beyond the snow part causes you to fall off the world. There's none of the bugs that used to plague MC such as the terrian warping when you move or the crazy world crashing world gen.

Edit Edit: I'd prefer just solid fake unbreakable bedrock underneath Y 0 rather then lava, it contributes to the strange feeling of the Minecraft world. Sometimes when I'm down there, watching the particles floating around, I hum a creepy ditty to myself, which is a bastard hybridization of the Unown Radio Theme and Pokemon Ruby's Drought theme.

Plus if any of that lava is harvest-able by mods, you can bet there'll be another board sweeping lava nerf in every mod.

Ranger X

So, relatively new to Minecraft, 360 edition. My kids got into it about a month ago, myself a week after. I'm trying to not read any wiki stuff and just explore and discover stuff, but I've run into a dead end on my search for a Blaze rod.

I've found one giant Nether dungeon, and cleared it out, about two weeks ago. I killed a few blazes and destroyed the spawner, but didn't get any rods. Since then, I have yet to find another Blaze. I've probably spent 10 hours in the Nether trying to find another dungeon, but there seems to just be the one, and it's all cleared out.

I've been exploring the Nether top to bottom, edge to edge (to the chunky bedrock walls and ceiling), but have yet to find another dungeon, or any nether brick at all.

Is it possible I'm out of luck? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

Since the world is limited on the 36o it is sadly possible that it was the only dungeon in the Nether and that you killed that precious Blaze Rod spawner... You shouldn't have destroyed it.

GhaleonEB

Since the world is limited on the 36o it is sadly possible that it was the only dungeon in the Nether and that you killed that precious Blaze Rod spawner... You shouldn't have destroyed it.

Well, I had no idea that was the only place they could spawn. I was just killing bad guys in the dungeon. I didn't learn about how they appeared until my kids told me later. Alas.

Do I just miss out on potions, or are they critical to the end game?

Ranger X

Well, I had no idea that was the only place they could spawn. I was just killing bad guys in the dungeon. I didn't learn about how they appeared until my kids told me later. Alas.

They are not critical for the end game but it will block you from brewing many potions.
Which again might not ruin your game there.

CougRon

You're in luck. The 360 edition provides an option to reset your worlds nether, thus restoring your Blaze spawner. When loading up the world look for the options button just below the texture pack choice--you'll get a box of choices and one of them is the option to reset the nether. Make sure you take any items or material out of the nether that you want to save because otherwise you'll lose it. I recently used this option myself on my TU12 world because TU14 added nether quartz and there is no other way to get it in old worlds without using creative.

if you want to go to TheEnd dimension and fight the Ender dragon, rods are critical to making Ender eyes to complete the portal.

One more thing, You can smelt netherrack to make nether brick.

woolley

They should spawn randomly in the nether fortress, the spawner shouldn't matter, unless the 360 version is different. Blazes don't spawn anywhere but in the fortresses so remove any torches you may have placed and they should spawn.

-Minsc-

They should spawn randomly in the nether fortress, the spawner shouldn't matter, unless the 360 version is different. Blazes don't spawn anywhere but in the fortresses so remove any torches you may have placed and they should spawn.

The 360 version is likely based on older version of MC where the only places Blazes spawned were from spawners.

GhaleonEB

You're in luck. The 360 edition provides an option to reset your worlds nether, thus restoring your Blaze spawner. When loading up the world look for the options button just below the texture pack choice--you'll get a box of choices and one of them is the option to reset the nether. Make sure you take any items or material out of the nether that you want to save because otherwise you'll lose it. I recently used this option myself on my TU12 world because TU14 added nether quartz and there is no other way to get it in old worlds without using creative.

if you want to go to TheEnd dimension and fight the Ender dragon, rods are critical to making Ender eyes to complete the portal.

One more thing, You can smelt netherrack to make nether brick.
Thanks for reminding me of that option, I'll check it out. Sounds like it's away around it, I'll check it next time I load up. Curious what it does to my Nether portals.

I'm avoiding anything having to do with knowing the end of the game, though, so I wish I didn't know that last bit. Not that I really understood it.

The 360 version is likely based on older version of MC where the only places Blazes spawned were from spawners.
That's my understanding. They only spawn from spawners on the 360 edition.

Thanks for the help folks.

-Minsc-

Thanks for reminding me of that option, I'll check it out. Sounds like it's away around it, I'll check it next time I load up. Curious what it does to my Nether portals.

I'm avoiding anything having to do with knowing the end of the game, though, so I wish I didn't know that last bit. Not that I really understood it.

That's my understanding. They only spawn from spawners on the 360 edition.

Thanks for the help folks.

Here's what you do with the nether portals if you reset the nether. Get the coordinates of the portals in the over world, divide them by eight, then go to that new set of coordinates in the nether and build your portal. This is how you correctly link portals in the computer version at least and assumes the nether is 1/8th the overworld size.

Fuchsdh

Apparently it's been a while since I updated the GAF Metro map, but things have happened! And I'm regretting not doing more topography before dynmap died! Click to make huge!

-Brown Line connected to the Red Line.
-Red Line has a spawn station, connected to Crispy's Palace on the Blue Line.
-Grey Line connects to Jungle North and heads to Vyktal-Kien-Fran's castle complex (not pictured.)

ZZMitch

Hey cool my name is on the map :D

Also does the N stand for nether portal? Because I have one at my house but it connects to Mackroids in the Nether at the moment so is doesnt really matter.

Apparently it's been a while since I updated the GAF Metro map, but things have happened! And I'm regretting not doing more topography before dynmap died! Click to make huge!

-Grey Line connects to Jungle North and heads to Vyktal-Kien-Fran's castle complex (not pictured.)

Funny you should post this, I have an addition:

- Katzegard West Station on the Purple Line is now open. It is located at the bend in the line south of the Abandoned Mine station.

Ark

Man I really intend to play Minecraft again now that I can actually run it, but I've got BF4 PC (I double-dipped, I am the problem), War Thunder, and The Witcher 2 to work my way through ;_;

It's a good job the next Steam sale is a few months away.

Ranger X

Awesome. I see that you did put my place on the map (Grey Line near the corner to Vyktal's Castle). You can label it as "Wyzdom's Domain" and I was wondering if you still want to do the stations? I would deal that you do the mechanical part (not sure how you guys do and you should make it standard) and I'll take care of the rest.

Man I really intend to play Minecraft again now that I can actually run it, but I've got BF4 PC (I double-dipped, I am the problem), War Thunder, and The Witcher 2 to work my way through ;_;

It's a good job the next Steam sale is a few months away.

Stop intending and come play :p

Fuchsdh

Awesome. I see that you did put my place on the map (Grey Line near the corner to Vyktal's Castle). You can label it as "Wyzdom's Domain" and I was wondering if you still want to do the stations? I would deal that you do the mechanical part (not sure how you guys do and you should make it standard) and I'll take care of the rest.

Stop intending and come play :p

Ah, that's you! Sure. Is that sign where you wanted the station? (Passed by it without reading :p)

Funny you should post this, I have an addition:

- Katzegard West Station on the Purple Line is now open. It is located at the bend in the line south of the Abandoned Mine station.

Noted and added! Do you think you'll end up running a line from Katzegard south? Trying to figure out if making the line from your place to where Ranger is makes the most sense.

Ah, that's you! Sure. Is that sign where you wanted the station? (Passed by it without reading :p)

Noted and added! Do you think you'll end up running a line from Katzegard south? Trying to figure out if making the line from your place to where Ranger is makes the most sense.

Not sure where Katzegard Grand Terminal is going to go yet. I'll be somewhere to the east of Katzegard West station. I'm just unsure of the exact placement at the moment.

But yeah, we can run the Cyan line to the south from Katzegard Grand Terminal to Wyzdom's place, perhaps.

Ranger X

Yes that's me. I did put a sign where I would see the station.
Also, throwing an idea out there, Grey line could continue straight after my station and the make a corner to the left in order to reach the purple line. (therefore passing near Nihon on the East and North).

Something like that?

Greyline_zps9e4323eb.jpg

Yes that's me. I did put a sign where I would see the station.
Also, throwing an idea out there, Grey line could continue straight after my station and the make a corner to the left in order to reach the purple line. (therefore passing near Nihon on the East and North).

We could do that and have Cyan Line run through Katzegard Grand Terminal to future points west.

So you'd have the Purple Line Spur from Katzegard West and Cyan Line arriving from points west (tunneled under Katzegard), the Cyan Line heading back out east, and Grey Line heading south to meet-up with Green Line at Wyzdom's place.

Fuchsdh

We could do that and have Cyan Line run through Katzegard Grand Terminal to future points west.

So you'd have the Purple Line Spur from Katzegard West and Cyan Line arriving from points west (tunneled under Katzegard), the Cyan Line heading back out east, and Grey Line heading south to meet-up with Green Line at Wyzdom's place.

Sounds like a plan. Might make the most sense to just classify the Grand Terminal as the Cyan line, with spurs north from the purple line and south from the Grey Line, since it probably makes the most sense to extend the Grey Line east past Vyktal's place eventually.

Sounds like a plan. Might make the most sense to just classify the Grand Terminal as the Cyan line, with spurs north from the purple line and south from the Grey Line, since it probably makes the most sense to extend the Grey Line east past Vyktal's place eventually.

Should work for me. :)

As for building the terminal, I need to finalize a design for it first; I have a tentative one scribbled down already. I'm also more than happy to have some help building it, if folks have ideas. I'm thinking it'll be styled a bit like GAF Central but on a slightly smaller scale since only 3 lines will be running to it currently.

I also need to finalize a spot for it because the place I was considering is also right near where I was going to build a battery, and I want to make sure that it makes sense for the train station to be there.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I started a new 1.8 world a few days ago and have been messing around in it since, and the three new stone colors are my favorite things added to Minecraft in a very long time. I can't wait until Neocraft gets updated to 1.8, I'm going to rework half of my ravine with the new stone types. I really wish they would make slabs and stairs to match the new stone colors though, hopefully they add them eventually.

They sure are plentiful though. You can't explore a cave without coming across stacks of the new stones. Which is good, because I plan on using a metric shit ton of the stuff.

Fuchsdh

Given that Myst was the bestselling game until the Sims came along in 2002, I'd be much happier with Minecraft taking the spot from the Sims :p

defel

Minecraft PC has sold more than 15 million copies as of today:

https://twitter.com/notch/status/461043208563474432/

That means that Minecraft PC has now sold more copies than World of Warcraft, and is now closing in on The Sims:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Think about that for a moment. o_O

It really is incredible. I am someone who lost interest in most modern video/computer games back in 2006-2007 yet somehow minecraft still captures my interest to an almost obsessive level. Really is a remarkable achievement. A true landmark title.

Fuchs, the changes actually look good. They fit more with the theme I was going for, though I will make some adjustments to them today or tomorrow.

Mengy

[insert snide comment here about how they've made all that money, yet add new content at a snails pace. And the game is still Java.]

Yeah, at this point I don't see how developing a C++ client for the game is above consideration. They sure can afford to hire a new small team to maintain and develop a new faster client for PC users, even while keeping the current team on the java client side. Java holds the game back, no doubt, but it has also allowed a huge market access to the game too, so I can't say it was a bad decision at the start. But man, a clean fast game client with vastly improved performance and draw distance would be incredible.

Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen. I fully expect someone to just make a complete Minecraft clone rip off someday but do it in C++, and it will sell millions too, because many people want just that. Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Crispy75

It makes me form claws with my hands and stare to the heavens wailing WHY?!?!

All that money and it's still just a handful of geeks in Stockholm looking after the most popular game in the world. We could be so much further forward :(

Fuchsdh

Fuchs, the changes actually look good. They fit more with the theme I was going for, though I will make some adjustments to them today or tomorrow.

Ok, whew. I've still got more purple clay and whatnot I'll drop in the chest there.

Yeah, at this point I don't see how developing a C++ client for the game is above consideration. They sure can afford to hire a new small team to maintain and develop a new faster client for PC users, even while keeping the current team on the java client side. Java holds the game back, no doubt, but it has also allowed a huge market access to the game too, so I can't say it was a bad decision at the start. But man, a clean fast game client with vastly improved performance and draw distance would be incredible.

Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen. I fully expect someone to just make a complete Minecraft clone rip off someday but do it in C++, and it will sell millions too, because many people want just that. Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Well, if they did parity between releases it would probably mean an even slower pace as the team has to get the PC and Mac versions working. That's probably a lot easier than it used to be given the same architectures and that you can realistically use OpenGL across platforms, but it's still prolly daunting compared to Java.

Ark

I'm pretty sure Notch/Mojang has enough money to rent the entire Ubisoft-Assassins Creed team for a month just to make a viable client.

Though it'd be delayed until the Earth falls into an event horizon.

So, here's a tiny change coming in the next update that will probably completely up-end the entire redstone system.

ImperturbableMeanCuckoo.gif

Slime blocks will now move adjacent blocks when pushed by pistons. So who is going to be the first person to make a giant mecha? Giant gates, elevators, and vehicles might all be possible with such a simple addition.

belushy

Banned
So, here's a tiny change coming in the next update that will probably completely up-end the entire redstone system.

Slime blocks will now move adjacent blocks when pushed by pistons. So who is going to be the first person to make a giant mecha? Giant gates, elevators, and vehicles might all be possible with such a simple addition.

Yeah I saw this on the Mindcrack subreddit. Really interested in what people like Etho and Sethbling can do with that sort of mechanic.

Can someone white list 'azokho' ?

That's fush's brother.

By the way, with Ark rarely on, Charlie on UK hours and minsc taking a break... I was thinking we could use one more mod during evening hours. I think Fuch would be a good choice as he's on lots, is good at organizing and has yet to piss me off.

Something to maybe consider.

So, having never played through/during an Update release, do I -have- to start a new world to get the bug fixes and new stones and such, or is there a way to push my current survival world into 1.8?

Fuchsdh

So, having never played through/during an Update release, do I -have- to start a new world to get the bug fixes and new stones and such, or is there a way to push my current survival world into 1.8?

I believe you can find that stuff in new chunks. So you'll have to explore more but should be fine.

That's fush's brother.

By the way, with Ark rarely on, Charlie on UK hours and minsc taking a break... I was thinking we could use one more mod during evening hours. I think Fuch would be a good choice as he's on lots, is good at organizing and has yet to piss me off.

Challenge accepted.

Mengy

WOW, thats a huge change. And a kinda cool one too. That will open up a lot of neat redstone tricks, and save a lot of pistons in many redstone contraptions too.

I wonder if there is a limit to how many slime blocks one piston can move?

-Minsc-

That's fush's brother.

Something to maybe consider.

Does that name include the ' ' ? If so I'll have to edit your name, otherwise you are good to go.

Top Bottom