• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

:D

The worst sin was commited by whoever set out the boundary road so that the diagonals at the corner miss each other by 1 block.

Don't try and change the subject!

Then again you guys started building all the roads out from spawn with cobble as opposed to gravel, which I suppose makes sense from a resource standpoint, but then means that it doesn't match the roads within spawn… grr!

In terms of updated transit, there's now a functioning station at Wyzdom's domain on the grey line before you reach Vyk &c.'s castle, although I have to pretty up the line. I'm also roughly halfway done with double-tracking the purple line, then I'll probably start working on doubling the green line.

Also @kidko: I just realized I *did* do a rough screengrab of the dynmap before it went offline:

Obviously it's way zoomed out (since I was going to use it for expanding the rail map) but should be an additional supplement should you choose to build further out at some point. Quote to embiggen.
oZ1TyXf.png

-Minsc-

Good day boys and girls!

I've activated Dynmap. It's currently updating the render now so in a bit you'll all be able to grab updated screen caps. This should help everyone with their plans. For server stability I will be taking the map offline in the next day or two. Make good use of it while you can. :)

Fuchsdh

Good day boys and girls!

I've activated Dynmap. It's currently updating the render now so in a bit you'll all be able to grab updated screen caps. This should help everyone with their plans. For server stability I will be taking the map offline in the next day or two. Make good use of it while you can. :)

Hmph, so you listen to Puppet but not me :(

Awesome, I shall take some caps tonight.

Good day boys and girls!

GOD DAMN, now time to bask in the glory and red moistness that is the T.A.M.P.O.N. It looks effing fine. It's a shame I couldn't make it one continuous straight line from spawn down to Arkyoto.

Who knows I might make another one some day. A companion line called the Simple Automated Navigational International Tri-level Aqua Roving Yardway Traversing Overhead Water Equator Levitator or S.A.N.I.T.A.R.Y T.O.W.E.L (hell might even give it wings).

GOD DAMN, now time to bask in the glory and red moistness that is the T.A.M.P.O.N. It looks effing fine. It's a shame I couldn't make it one continuous straight line from spawn down to Arkyoto.

Who knows I might make another one some day. A companion line called the Simple Automated Navigational International Tri-level Aqua Roving Yardway Traversing Overhead Water Equator Levitator or S.A.N.I.T.A.R.Y T.O.W.E.L (hell might even give it wings).

I've missed you guys. I need to hop on the server and pick a new spot in Gafland.

Fuchsdh

I've missed you guys. I need to hop on the server and pick a new spot in Gafland.

join ussss

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I'm thinking of blowing up my spawn house (for the third time) and building a shop—I really need the gold for rails and I've got a bunch of stuff I don't really need. Would anyone use it?

kidko

Good day boys and girls!

Thank you!

Damn, you're getting any help anywhere, that sucks. Hopefully you find someone, somewhere that can do this for you.

I've posted here, Reddit, MinecraftForums.net, Twitter and not a single response. With the amount of Minecraft Modders out there I figured I'd at least get someone pointing me in the right direction or at least commenting on if it's possible.

Fuchsdh

I've posted here, Reddit, MinecraftForums.net, Twitter and not a single response. With the amount of Minecraft Modders out there I figured I'd at least get someone pointing me in the right direction or at least commenting on if it's possible.

Were that I could help....

On the subject of GAFLand, I've just completed a rough (one-way) line extension to the Cyan Line. You can now hop from Thorn's valley a bit east to the underground Stronghold. Nicer station and two-way transit will be coming shortly.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
woaa wait, how to put a chest on top of each other? I didn't know that was still possible
You could always stack them since they switched to using entities instead of blocks years ago.

And you can place them next to each other if you alternate chests and trapped chests.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
And you can place them next to each other if you alternate chests and trapped chests.

I've grown fond of doing the side by side chest / trapped chest trick. I just think it looks sweet having a wall of double chests side by side right smack next to and on top of each other.

Ranger X

You could always stack them since they switched to using entities instead of blocks years ago.

Yes but I don't mean I discovered I can stack them. This is indeed possible since a long time. What I mean is that when there's a chest placed on the world, if I try and click on top of it, I can't place another one right on top, there needs to be at least one block space. In nihon's last video though I saw chest that are on top of each other so there's a way a workaround that I am not aware of. Will test stuff tonight...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yes but I don't mean I discovered I can stack them. This is indeed possible since a long time. What I mean is that when there's a chest placed on the world, if I try and click on top of it, I can't place another one right on top, there needs to be at least one block space. In nihon's last video though I saw chest that are on top of each other so there's a way a workaround that I am not aware of. Will test stuff tonight...
Crouch. Experiment and prepare to have your blind mown.

Ranger X

MINECRAFT 1.8 becomes less fun!!

You know that already the iron farms will get nerfed and now I did read some of the changes for 1.8 on the wiki and it says the following:

Slimes and Magma Cubes

- Now swim as a result of the update to the new AI
- Randomly change direction every so often, reducing the chance of them getting stuck at walls or corners
- Slimes will now randomly despawn over time if no player is within a 32 meter range
- Appear to jump a bit more randomly

So basically, Mojang made the Slimes interesting (slime blocks) and they thought it was a good idea to prevent farming them! My farm I was preparing for us all on Gafland will be a huge pile of uselessness.

Another fun thing nerfed/removed! Tks Mojang!

So basically, Mojang made the Slimes interesting (slime blocks) and they thought it was a good idea to prevent farming them! My farm I was preparing for us all on Gafland will be a huge pile of uselessness.

Holy shit, all that work!

Fuchsdh

You know that already the iron farms will get nerfed and now I did read some of the changes for 1.8 on the wiki and it says the following:

Doesn't this just mean you have to actually be at the farm to make it work?

Ranger X

Doesn't this just mean you have to actually be at the farm to make it work?

It means that if you're not in a 32 blocks range from them, they will start to despawn.
In a farm like the one I am building, you can raise yourself some 3-4 stacks of slime.
Now depending the time they will take to despawn, you will raise alot less maybe.

Its just that sometimes mojang are trying to "balance" stuff in their opinion but in fact it goes against the creative liberty of their players in the game and therefore goes against the very purpose of this game being played by said players...

woolley

Eh, it might suck at first but like most things in the game you'll have more after a week or two then you will ever be able to use.

Ranger X

Anyways, its not like I will bury the farm and put the cobble back in those galleries lol.
I just hope it won't be completely useless. Makes the whole thing less interesting to finish building.

Ranger X

Apparently that was a server problem yeah

EDIT:

Ok WTF its crashing all the time tonight. Can you guys remove Dynemap? I mean it still must be because of that because we coincidently started to crash again since its back in there...

-Minsc-

Apparently that was a server problem yeah

EDIT:

Ok WTF its crashing all the time tonight. Can you guys remove Dynemap? I mean it still must be because of that because we coincidently started to crash again since its back in there...

I just disabled it. Since I wasn't hearing any complaining until now I decided to leave it up as a test. When ever people want to get updated screen caps of the maps I'll bring it back online for a day. :)

Vlad

So with no current modded GAF server at the moment, I've been playing a bunch with the FTB Monster pack in single player. Start a new world, find a place to set up shop temporarily while I find a location with a little more grandeur. Still, knowing my usual tendencies for somewhat... disorganized.. houses, I really wanted to keep it neat and clean this time. "Only build what you need until you build the permanent house", I kept telling myself. "No more randomly building the next modded thing that sounds neat to mess around with". This time was going to be different!

A few weeks later:

gNimHzP.png

Oh well... maybe next time.

Panderp

Could I possibly get added to the whitelist? My ign is TurniipHead. c:

I'm wandering around a bit. The spawn area is purty.

Hey Minsc

Why are visitors starving to death and shit? They're supposed to be invincible with limited to no ability to really interact in the world.

Fix it.

Ranger X

Also I thought it would have been natural for Minecraft server mode to auto-whitelist anybody with a Spirited Away avatar. Wierd.

Vlad

You are literally worse than Hitler.

I somehow knew that posting a picture of my messy base would somehow summon you to the thread. Since I've got your attention, allow me to really delve into the mess I've made, since that far-away shot just doesn't do the chaos justice:

SI2gFUV.png

Home sweet home. Obviously cobbled together from whatever stuff I had at the time. Notice the random assortment of wood planks and cobblestones. One of the Lycanite mobs came through a portal and burned some of the front off a while ago... I might fix it one of these days.

yygslfY.png

Inside the wonderful little hut. Notice the careful attention to making sure that stuff's just randomly scattered around. I had that armor rack there and needed a couple IC2 machines, so in front of the rack they go!

BLGEFZp.png

The other wall. Why bother putting everything on the floor like a boring person? Need a research table or brewing stand, just slap them up on the wall!

QvLWY83.png

Once I realized that food was becoming an issue, a chicken farm was in order. Right next to the oil and fuel tanks seemed as good of a place as any, and I just slapped that mob essence tank whever there was space.

pV1iUR5.png

Sure, there's those pesky labels you can stick on the jars to help organize them, but it's much more fun to just have a random assortment of all sorts of essentia! You'll notice that I even have several partly-full jars of the same aspect! It's horribly inefficient! Extra design points for the three rubber tree logs floating in the background!

puqWEqV.png

Fuel tank right next to the BC lasers, next to the ender seed farm, all under the ugly dirt platform tree farm, all with exposed cables and tubes! It's fancy!

Also you could always join us in the totally not boring vanilla server I'M JUST SAYIN' THERES PEOPLE THERE SOMETIMES INCLUDING ME MAYBE

Eh, I just can't do vanilla Minecraft any more. There's just so many more options for things on FTB. I would be totally down for a mod pack that added all the building options but removed all the mods that make you more or less invincible (Modular Powersuits, etc).

Shout out to TurnipHead for helping me out tonight! Appreciated that he (or she) tested out the Racetrack, and also helped me determine what horse NOT to chose. :p

Ark, if ya get a sec can you let Fuch and Thorn have abilities to whitelist people?

-Minsc-

Could I possibly get added to the whitelist? My ign is TurniipHead. c:

I'm wandering around a bit. The spawn area is purty.

Done. :)

Hey Minsc

Why are visitors starving to death and shit? They're supposed to be invincible with limited to no ability to really interact in the world.

Fix it.

I gave visitors the ability to open doors and such so they can be free to look around without requiring the assistance of other players. As for dying, I'll have to look in to that. They should be invincible. Might have a chance to take care of it this weekend.

Fuchsdh

Oh hells no. Some have better health, some are faster, some jump higher ect.

Mind = blown.
Done. :)

I gave visitors the ability to open doors and such so they can be free to look around without requiring the assistance of other players. As for dying, I'll have to look in to that. They should be invincible. Might have a chance to take care of it this weekend.

Yeah as it is now you can't pick up food so you'll slowly starve to death. But at least it can be comedic like when my brother joined the server! :)

Panderp

Also I thought it would have been natural for Minecraft server mode to auto-whitelist anybody with a Spirited Away avatar. Wierd.

If this isn't a thing it should be.

Shout out to TurnipHead for helping me out tonight! Appreciated that he (or she) tested out the Racetrack, and also helped me determine what horse NOT to chose. :p

Ark, if ya get a sec can you let Fuch and Thorn have abilities to whitelist people?

Shout out to you for making an awesome racetrack. It was really nice! At least you've gracefully accepted your complete and utter defeat.

Thanks!

Top Bottom