• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Hooray, here's NihonTiger on Neocraft #93. I ended up giving the tower a name in this video completely on accident but it's called
The Enchantery
going forward.

Also, I kind of want there to be wool steps now. And slabs. How can I craft one out of hard stone but not fluffy wool? D:

Fuchsdh

Anyone else get really pissed by the layout of their undergrounds? I hate having random dead-end passages and awkward descents to bedrock. Trying to clean up the space under Fuchsbaum, and I've realized it's highly frustrating for me. Everything needs to be pretty, dammit, even underground!

Anyone else get really pissed by the layout of their undergrounds? I hate having random dead-end passages and awkward descents to bedrock. Trying to clean up the space under Fuchsbaum, and I've realized it's highly frustrating for me. Everything needs to be pretty, dammit, even underground!

Yup, which is why I've not built the catacombs under Katzegard yet.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

No, but then I almost always clean up my subterranean passages to look nice. This probably goes without saying though since I am almost always underground anyway.

Kinda curious, but would I be able to get a download of my slice of GAFland that I call home? Figured it might make planning a bit easier for the future because I'm using Minsc and Crispy's old spawn town map for my planning needs at the moment.

-Minsc-

Kinda curious, but would I be able to get a download of my slice of GAFland that I call home? Figured it might make planning a bit easier for the future because I'm using Minsc and Crispy's old spawn town map for my planning needs at the moment.

I say give Charlie a shout, he has a decent enough internet connection.

In other news, you all can now turn to Mr. Thorn for all your in game moderation needs. Welcome to the team buddy.

That reminds me I need to try out the racetrack. Also, is there an actual road to the track Puppet?
The paths that lead to Crispy's Theatre also leads to the track (which I might extend to the cool building directly east of the track (Mengy's?) However, as those can be tricky to find from spawn, I'm going to build a path directly from the station. I find anytime I want to head east I just run through the station as it's due east of spawn.

So Crispy, as you built the station let me know if this makes you unhappy, and I'll cheerfully put it back. :)

Also, kinda temped to build a Queen or Freddy Mercury statue in the middle, between the Night at the Opera and Day at the Races.

Can someone please tell me why this game is choppy as all fuck? I have the following:

i5 3570k
8GB RAM
GTX 770 4GB

and it should not be choppy. The framerate is above 60 (like 400+) but no matter what settings I change, it keeps stuttering.

woolley

Well my keyboard stopped working on my MacBook last week so I don't know so I won't be able to play like I planner to. Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed within the next couple of months but I don't know when I'll be able to come back on the server.

Can someone please tell me why this game is choppy as all fuck? I have the following:

i5 3570k
8GB RAM
GTX 770 4GB

and it should not be choppy. The framerate is above 60 (like 400+) but no matter what settings I change, it keeps stuttering.
Ya, it should not be choppy at all. Does this happen on single player?

Only think I can suggest is purge your system of Java as you might have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, then reinstall just the 64. This used to fix things, not sure if that's still the case though.

Well my keyboard stopped working on my MacBook last week so I don't know so I won't be able to play like I planner to. Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed within the next couple of months but I don't know when I'll be able to come back on the server.
That sucks. Hope you're back soon.

Dang yo. Don't have an old keyboard laying around to plug into it?

Ranger X

i5 3570k
8GB RAM
GTX 770 4GB

What Puppets says + how do you fullscreen your game?

If you use the keyboard shortcut to full screen it, it will ask lots more ressource and will probably be choppy. If you start windowed and put it fullscreen with the option in the game it will be butter smooth.

Minecraft PS4/XB1 Next Gen vs. Last Gen Draw Distance Comparisons!

http://kotaku.com/minecraft-next-gen-vs-minecraft-last-gen-1577145802

PS3 Vs. PS4:
f6nzybbiopzsxl8mdi97.gif

XB360 Vs. XB1:
kgbqfjfnlucq4zicncyu.gif

Crispy75

The paths that lead to Crispy's Theatre also leads to the track (which I might extend to the cool building directly east of the track (Mengy's?) However, as those can be tricky to find from spawn, I'm going to build a path directly from the station. I find anytime I want to head east I just run through the station as it's due east of spawn.

So Crispy, as you built the station let me know if this makes you unhappy, and I'll cheerfully put it back. :)

There's already one shortcut under the station, why not complete the other?

eqsKfWC.png

I say give Charlie a shout, he has a decent enough internet connection.

I so want to slap you silly with a wet kipper right now ;-). Yeah erm Charlie's "decent enough" internet. Well all of yesterday Charlie's "decent enough" internet was bloody non-existent for a total of 20 bloody hours. It is fair to say Charlie was not the happiest bunny on the planet yesterday.

Anyway things are all good right now. I am just about to do my round of exercise so once that is done I will grab the latest version of Gafland and shove it up on my Dropbox account.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
how do you fullscreen your game?

If you use the keyboard shortcut to full screen it, it will ask lots more ressource and will probably be choppy. If you start windowed and put it fullscreen with the option in the game it will be butter smooth.

I'm curious, what does this mean Ranger? I always start windowed and then press F11 to go fullscreen, which is the keyboard shortcut. Are you saying this is the bad way of going fullscreen? How else can you do it?

Fuchsdh

I'm curious, what does this mean Ranger? I always start windowed and then press F11 to go fullscreen, which is the keyboard shortcut. Are you saying this is the bad way of going fullscreen? How else can you do it?
Well on Macs you can also use full screen mode at the OS level so you can still use your other monitor.

Ranger X

For at least up to Windows 7, using F11 doesn't make use of the same process to fullscreen the game and that one was using alot more ressources. I don't know for Windows 8 or a fully updated Windows 7 though. Using the game's fullscreen was performing better for some reason. Most probably that the game's own fullscreen is a different process than the one on the OS level. If you want to use the game's own fullscreen, get into the game while windowed and then use the fullscreen option in the game's options.

They weren't comparing PS4 vs. XBOX, but rather PS4 vs PS3 and XB1 vs XB360 to show the difference between last-gen and current-gen.

Do they run identically on the new consoles? Considering world seeds and coordinate systems exist, I don't get why they wouldn't illustrate it by going 360 -> PS3 -> XBO -> PS4.

Do they run identically on the new consoles? Considering world seeds and coordinate systems exist, I don't get why they wouldn't illustrate it by going 360 -> PS3 -> XBO -> PS4.

Very conscious decision I'm sure. They don't want to make it obviously clear which new console performs better in Minecraft and they don't want to start any mess like that. They're not trying to promote Xbox One over PS4 or PS4 over Xbox One, they just want to show the improvement from last gen to current gen.

-Minsc-

FYI:

I won't be around the computer for today to tomorrow evening. If the server breaks someone else will have to slap a bandage on it. ;)

Ranger X

That's fucking stupid. It's running on a better engine than PC, on nextgen I don't see a reason for it not to have random generation.

First reason is that on console, according the devellopment guidelines of the big 3, you can't allow a game to basically take "infinite space". A game must reserve and format its space (and possible space) on the HDD. It needs to have disk space check, warn the player if there's enough space left to play the game, etc. On console they want to prevent a player facing a situation where the disk is full while he is playing and that he would lose his progress because of a disk that is full. On PC this isn't a problem.

First reason is that on console, according the devellopment guidelines of the big 3, you can't allow a game to basically take "infinite space". A game must reserve and format its space (and possible space) on the HDD. It needs to have disk space check, warn the player if there's enough space left to play the game, etc. On console they want to prevent a player facing a situation where the disk is full while he is playing and that he would lose his progress because of a disk that is full. On PC this isn't a problem.

At least give me the option.

masud

Banned
Haven't been on for a while cause I've been moving to a new house, as soon as I get around to unpacking my pc you guys will see me again.
There's already one shortcut under the station, why not complete the other?

eqsKfWC.png

You gonna eminent domain my enchantment tent? :( But where will people enchant stuff at spawn?

(I don't really care)

Crispy75

Haven't been on for a while cause I've been moving to a new house, as soon as I get around to unpacking my pc you guys will see me again.

You gonna eminent domain my enchantment tent? :( But where will people enchant stuff at spawn?

(I don't really care)

I built this last night
It neatly dips under the tent :)

Top Bottom