• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Cmagus

On the launcher click edit profile and you can choose the version you want to play on.

Thank you for the help that worked.

I'm thinking of working on a new project. I would really like to make the floating castle from Rygar.

Rygar_NES_map_Sky_Castle.png

It would be a hell of a project.

Smilax

Hello everybody! I just recently purchased Minecraft and I'm enjoying it so far. How can I join you guys online for some survival fun?

Ranger X

Hello everybody! I just recently purchased Minecraft and I'm enjoying it so far. How can I join you guys online for some survival fun?

Look in the OP for the server number and then ask Minsc for whitelisting you. (else you won't be able to interact with the world on the server)

And welcome :)

Adnor

Banned
Visited the server to see what you guys have been building, and my God, did you guys really build all that in Survival Mode? That's amazing :D

-Minsc-

Visited the server to see what you guys have been building, and my God, did you guys really build all that in Survival Mode? That's amazing :D
I say GAFland is 99% survival. At spawn I did the spawning platform, circle wall, guest house, and plot layout within the ring via creative mode and mcedit. Everything else sprung up in survival. It's rather cool looking back my blank spawn template and see how much things took on a mind of its own.

Pretty much, yep. :) We do a lot of helping each other out with donations and what not; I've gotten donations from a ton of folks to help with cobble supplies for Katzegard. I still don't know how Crispy does what he does; it's incredible how quickly his stuff goes up.

Speaking of the server, and I hope it's OK to mention this, but I'm recording my 2-year-anniversary video this week and I'm doing a Q&A-type video, so I'm looking for questions. You can drop them off here and I'll try to answer them while I'm working on the next project
the interior of the main tower

Ark

You haven't even visited the glorious unfinished Empire of Arkyoto yet.

Pretty much, yep. :) We do a lot of helping each other out with donations and what not; I've gotten donations from a ton of folks to help with cobble supplies for Katzegard. I still don't know how Crispy does what he does; it's incredible how quickly his stuff goes up.

Speaking of the server, and I hope it's OK to mention this, but I'm recording my 2-year-anniversary video this week and I'm doing a Q&A-type video, so I'm looking for questions. You can drop them off here and I'll try to answer them while I'm working on the next project
the interior of the main tower

What was your first build?

Who is your favourite admin and why is it Ark?

Favourite build on NeoCraft (that isn't yours)?

Favourite build on GAFLand (that isn't yours)?

Ark

Tell me how to get there and I will go see it :D

Jump on the TAMPON and afk for 30 minutes.

It literally is that long of a journey.

There is a rail line in the Nether that does it in about 12 minutes that I built ages ago, but I'm not 100% if it's still fully functional.

Fuchsdh

Jump on the TAMPON and afk for 30 minutes.

It literally is that long of a journey.

There is a rail line in the Nether that does it in about 12 minutes that I built ages ago, but I'm not 100% if it's still fully functional.

That's what you get for being afraid of griefers :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So Dinnerbone tweeted this today:

https://twitter.com/dinnerbone/status/466889879029579776

Dinnerbone said:
(1.8) Not in the next couple of months, most likely. We're not rushing this update. Sorry!

Wow, so it's going to be a long, long time until we get the 1.8 stuff on Neocraft if that is the case. That's a shame, the new stone types and slime blocks are awesome to build with. Wonder why it's going to take them so long to put 1.8 out? The snapshots seem pretty much done IMHO except for minor bugs....

Ranger X

Wow, so it's going to be a long, long time until we get the 1.8 stuff on Neocraft if that is the case. That's a shame, the new stone types and slime blocks are awesome to build with. Wonder why it's going to take them so long to put 1.8 out? The snapshots seem pretty much done IMHO except for minor bugs....

Well, they probably wanna try to put something else in there. I wouldn't mind waiting if the update becomes even more interesting.

Sigh, and I wanted slime blocks for my Puzzle Mansion... Guess I can't put it off for that long...
Or can I?!

Them taking so long, I can only hope they're adding something major that they've been hiding...

woolley

Maybe they want to wait until they finally have the mod API finished. That's the only thing I can think of that would take so long.

Unless.... an ocean update!

Sigh, and I wanted slime blocks for my Puzzle Mansion... Guess I can't put it off for that long...
Or can I?!
If any of you haven't checked out Art's Puzzle Mansion of Doom, check it out ASAP.

Very cool and creative, but check your ego at the door (just to get in through the front door before it even starts was humiliating for me).

I'd love to see this find a home at spawn!

I'm guessing 1.8 will be the only update this year, in that case.

-Minsc-

The server will be offline for a bit over the course of the next half hour. I'm downloading some plugin backups then activating dynmap for The Liz. :)

Edit:

Back up and running. Map is live and updating as I type.

Fuchsdh

The map at spawn is screwed up. The center piece of the map is not to scale, and I had no idea how to fix it.
Oh god don't ask me about maps.

And Art's puzzle mansion is infuriating, doubly so if he's watching you with those silent, judgy eyes.

Dynmap reminds me, I've got to update my metro map.

Also anyone have any experience getting shaders to work on a Mac?

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this "Connection Lost End of Stream" error? I have tried different releases for Minecraft with no luck.

Which release are the rest of you using?

Thanks guys its working now.

Unfortunately though I managed to build a shack and die....then have completely lost my bearings so I'll have to build another one lol

Fuchsdh

ShadiWulf

got time to play minecraft again. hopped on earlier but it was pretty empty.

Not really any motivation to build anything myself, but if anyone needs help building anything big I'd be happy to help. I've never really built anything big before and would love to try working on such a project. Just not something I have the motivation to do myself at the moment.

Fuchsdh

got time to play minecraft again. hopped on earlier but it was pretty empty.

Not really any motivation to build anything myself, but if anyone needs help building anything big I'd be happy to help. I've never really built anything big before and would love to try working on such a project. Just not something I have the motivation to do myself at the moment.

Are you ShadiNeko on the server? I'm your neighbor to the west.

Fuchsdh

Yeah that's me :) and awesome, I'll be sure to come and check out your place.

Glad to have visitors! Is the house just west of the mountains you inhabit yours as well? It's been there since I moved in but I've never seen anyone there and the chests have no signs on it.

woolley

So after watching Nihon's video I decided that the nether hub and tunnels need a makeover. When I made the original tunnel I didn't intend on it being a permanent solution but just a quick temporary set up but after people kept with it I just left it as is. But with all the signs and off shoots it looks really confusing. So does anyone have a problem if I try and revamp it?

Also I saw Nihon get his ass handed to him in Docm's video. :p

Crispy75

So after watching Nihon's video I decided that the nether hub and tunnels need a makeover. When I made the original tunnel I didn't intend on it being a permanent solution but just a quick temporary set up but after people kept with it I just left it as is. But with all the signs and off shoots it looks really confusing. So does anyone have a problem if I try and revamp it?

I have no problems. In fact I have minus problems.

-Minsc-

Go right ahead. Gaflands nether network is definitely more confusing than neocrafts was.

Fuchsdh

That was on my todo list as well--if you need any help I'm down with it. Need to connect my portal to a "safe" tunnel as well.
Not to mention the tunnels are kind of ugly :)

Might also help with navigation if we use some of the metro line colors in the nether as well so it's a bit harder to get turned around.

Crispy75

My dream nether navigation room would be a 1:8 scale model of the overworld map. Would look so cool. Not particularly feasible in Survival though :D

EDIT: Well, maybe not completely insane. The area covered by the main metro lines works out about 300x300 blocks at 1:8 scale. That's smaller than the densely built-up area around spawn.

Go for it. I'll help. I need to work on my nether portal entrance next week so I might be down there to help if you haven't already redesigned the whole thing by then. :p

I prefer to say I was at a distinct disadvantage
and I'm going to get him next time

ShadiWulf

Glad to have visitors! Is the house just west of the mountains you inhabit yours as well? It's been there since I moved in but I've never seen anyone there and the chests have no signs on it.

Pretty sure all my chests have signs on them but maybe i forgot to put some on some. anyway i plan on getting on soon. will check out your area. =)

Top Bottom