• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

kidko

Dang, I see the dynmap went back down before I could check it out. Did anyone happen to snap some pics around San Ashgadia? My little base is north of there

woolley

Well I finished the nether hub for the most part, gonna start working on the walkways next.

So far Mengy, Wizdom, and Nihon's portal entrances are going to be moved to the new purple walkway, when its done, which will also give them quicker access between them and spawn.

-Minsc-

Well I finished the nether hub for the most part, gonna start working on the walkways next.

So far Mengy, Wizdom, and Nihon's portal entrances are going to be moved to the new purple walkway, when its done, which will also give them quicker access between them and spawn.

Will moving the portals mess up the linkage?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Cool. Spicing up the nether network is something I've wanted to do for awhile, glad it's finally getting done!

Deadstar

Could someone tell me if there is a way to play the minecraft mass effect music from the 360 version in the pc version of minecraft?

Fuchsdh

Psh, 2 years. What are you gonna do for Episode 100? :)

Congrats though. Can't imagine trying to keep up with any sort of schedule or output like what you've got.

Mengy

Aw, Jebs cat, the model for the original Minecraft in game cat, has died:

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/469403596455673856

iGBjUkh.jpg

:(

Bentles

I went on today to get some stuff done but also to check out the new hub. Nice work!

r1chard

Does anyone know a (vanilla 1.7.9) way of emptying a chest of stuff down a hole without involving a clock circuit that kills servers?

So far I've got a chest over a hopper which feeds a dropper. But to get the dropper to drop I need to feed it a pulsing signal - and that causes server issues.

I'm trying to build a "gravity fed postal system" which basically dumps stuff from up high into a chest down (much) lower. Sure, I could just chuck stuff in a hole, but that's less elegant ;)

I'd really like to use buildcraft, but that's not on the server in question :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Connect a bunch of Hoppers to each other.

Hoppers can feed in any of 5 directions including down. (All but upwards. For upward movement you do need a pulsing dropper chain.)

Just make a giant stack of hoppers all the way down?

The only other way I can think of without a pulse dropper would be a minecart delivery system? But that could possibly be janky on a server as well. I've honestly never tried anything of the sort, though.

Bentles

Does anyone know a (vanilla 1.7.9) way of emptying a chest of stuff down a hole without involving a clock circuit that kills servers?

So far I've got a chest over a hopper which feeds a dropper. But to get the dropper to drop I need to feed it a pulsing signal - and that causes server issues.

I'm trying to build a "gravity fed postal system" which basically dumps stuff from up high into a chest down (much) lower. Sure, I could just chuck stuff in a hole, but that's less elegant ;)

I'd really like to use buildcraft, but that's not on the server in question :(

Well you need a pulse for every item you want a dropper to drop. So whatever you do you need as many pulses as items. You can at least use a comparator to turn things off when the chest is empty. I'm not sure if having a really slow clock helps lag (probably) but you could do that too if it does.

The only other idea I can think of is to set up pistons and a pressure plate so that you drop the items onto some blocks and when you walk off they fall down. Or you could go the other route and have a chute that only opens when you step on a pressure plate.

EDIT: Ooh yeah I like ArtistDude's idea! Minecarts would be pretty cool! There's a bunch of loading and unloading systems on the youtubes.

r1chard

EDIT: Ooh yeah I like ArtistDude's idea! Minecarts would be pretty cool! There's a bunch of loading and unloading systems on the youtubes.
Yes there are! And they've given me IDEAS they have :)

As I said, I'm a ways off having the resources for any kind of extensive caper like a hundred hoppers or mine tracks over a similar distance. I did, however, put together a redstone pulse generator that overloads its torch (I think - something goes "fizz") after about 6 pulses. Whenever I wander away and back near it it fires again, so that will do for a bit of a stop-gap measure :)

Edit: actually, it seems to reset itself when I'm hanging around as well. So there we go, it eventually empties all the goods for delivery downstairs and doesn't overload the server :)

Morokh

Did I mention that the drop is about 100 blocks? I don't have that kind of resources yet ;-)

Put a hopper every 50 or 100 blocks with a dropper facing down and that shoots every time an item enters it, make sure that everything is well enclosed, and that should do it I think.

Edit : well i'm late xD

Grats on 2 years, Nihon!

Made me realize I've been playing this game way too long.

PS: Thanks for your Harvester love <3

Thanks, Art :D

Psh, 2 years. What are you gonna do for Episode 100? :)

Congrats though. Can't imagine trying to keep up with any sort of schedule or output like what you've got.

It's not always easy but I try to make it fun. And I have NO idea what I'm doing for Episode 100 in about 3 weeks.

Nice! Crazy its been that long. Great vid as always! Here's to another 2 years!!

Thanks!

Awesome job as always, Nihon. Kudos on the anniversary, your videos are much appreciated.

Thanks, Puppet. :)

Congrats man, this makes me feel like another huge tiger statue is in order.

Haha, I wonder where this one is going. :p

So... I have setup a residence at the Faye Reagan station of the TAMPON. Just take the 30 minute ride and be ready to party.
no real parties unless you like digging

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's the same server as NeoCraft but your pants shitting roller coaster is gone.

Oh I don't mean the really old one (can't believe anyone remembers that lava coaster). I mean the one with all the domes and such.

Either way, the server address in the OP isn't working for me.

kennah

Oh I don't mean the really old one (can't believe anyone remembers that lava coaster). I mean the one with all the domes and such.

Which version of Minecraft are you on?

And I will never forget that roller coaster.

-Minsc-

Plus, make sure you are using the NeoCraft IP and not the NeoCrack IP. There's two servers listed there.

Mengy

Than that's why. You need your client to be on 1.7.5 or less.

This should be written in the OP seriously, so many people get this problem...

Yeah, good point. I added the 1.7.5 note to the OP for now, I'll keep it updated as we update the server (not that it's going to happen anytime soon....)

Fuchsdh

There is a point where it looks like FOR SURE you are being catapulted into a lava lake only to land in a cleverly hidden 2x2 hole.

Sounds awesome.

Anyhow, since it's been about a month, here's an updated GAF Metro map! Click to make huge!

Among the changes:
*More claims added and labeled!
*New stations!
*New roads!

-Minsc-

Yeah, good point. I added the 1.7.5 note to the OP for now, I'll keep it updated as we update the server (not that it's going to happen anytime soon....)

While you're updating the OP, you may as well remove the NeoCrack sever from the list. No point having a server there that doesn't exist.

Ranger X

Sounds awesome.

Anyhow, since it's been about a month, here's an updated GAF Metro map! Click to make huge!

Among the changes:
*More claims added and labeled!
*New stations!
*New roads!

Awesome work as usual.
For next map, use "RangerX" instead of Wyzdom, since I discovered I can have a nickname in-game...

Also, if you still feel like making lines and such, grey line should reach purple line at Kazengard or something.

Unsure who left behind the adventure for me, but thanks for the fun times. Yep, I recorded it and it took me long enough to take the next two episodes.

Top Bottom