• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

Speaking of the adventure, it starts in NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 96 - Gifts All Over

Still haven't seen anyone take credit for it, though. But I know one of you did it :p

Twasn't me. :)

NeoCraft inventory and Ender Chests: Unfortunately those were wiped on NeoCraft when I set up Multiinv to split the inventories between GAFland and NeoCraft. Since NeoCraft is now creative I didn't worry about it much as one can simply spawn replacements.

The awesome books:

If the creator of those books wishes, I can set it up so players can receive copies of the books via a kit. It's a nifty feature. :)

Code:
This is the book file.

This file format works similar to the info.txt, motd.txt and rules.txt

Place content in here that you would like to be used by books ingame.

You can use this content by using the book:<section> meta option in kits or item spawning.

#Colors
Minecraft colors:
&0 &&0  &1 &&1  &2 &&2  &3 &&3
&4 &&4  &5 &&5  &6 &&6  &7 &&7
&8 &&8  &9 &&9  &a &&a  &b &&b
&c &&c  &d &&d  &e &&e  &f &&f
&0 
&&k &kMagic&r   &&l &lBold
&&m &mStrike&r  &&n &nUline
&&o &oItalic&r   &&r &rReset

In the above example gives a book demonstrating the font styling capable on the server. All I'd have to do is add another entry to the books.txt file.

Ranger X

My slime farm is now open! You can all come over and slash some goo and make some slime drop reserves because the slime spawning will get nerfed in 1.8

SlimeFarm_zps32d4b08d.png

Come alone if you're courageous, I even suggest you come battle with a friend. A full run of killing over the 5 floors will give you at least 30 full stacks of slime. Just imagine if you got a loot enchantment...

TakeThis_zps646e83f8.png

If you want a break or wait for more slime to spawn, have a stop at the Slime Cafe.

SlimeCafe_zps3150078c.png

Or go collect some loot from the Mob Grinder.

MobGrinder_zpsc6eda762.png

You can let them drown (Loot mode) or fight them for XP (XP mode). Actually the fastest way to get XP is still killing all the slime at the farm. You can get some 30 levels very fast.

GrinderMode_zpsaaea52cd.png

So drop in, and have some fun slashing stuff.

DropDown_zpsafd24b0a.png

You can reach the slime farm and mob grinder by the RangerX Station on the gray line, north direction from Jungle North (Green line)...

RGXStation_zps163b582b.png

Or you can reach it by the Nether world, using the purple tunnel.

PurpleTunnel_zpsa66f67f9.png

I will continue to improve the mob grinder's efficiency over time and also try to make it all more beautiful someday. Its just that decoration = takes a god damn long time. :p

-Minsc-

At the request of Lord Ark the dynamic map is now back online for a limited time. Grab your screen caps while you can folks. :)

@RangerX: Awesome, will have to check it out sometime. Stock up on dem slimes.

Morokh

@Fuchsdh

In the bottom right corner (the square that is cut, with the island just on the left), that's my 'claim' (ign:Kentsui) if you ever want to complete that.

The island on the left is part of the land I claimed, what has been 'cleared' was a swamp where I built a witch farm.

I'd appreciate if those two small biomes were left in peace and free of tunnels until I come back and decide to make some myself.

Just a tiny reminder, since things seem to move quite fast :D

Any working updated map btw ? the dynamap link on the last page gives me an error everytime ( EDIT : Damn Minsc reading my mind ! )

Fuchsdh

My slime farm is now open! You can all come over and slash some goo and make some slime drop reserves because the slime spawning will get nerfed in 1.8

Looks cool, since I've got to clean up the rail heading to you anyhow I'll be stopping by soon!

@Fuchsdh

In the bottom right corner (the square that is cut, with the island just on the left), that's my 'claim' (ign:Kentsui) if you ever want to complete that.

The island on the left is part of the land I claimed, what has been 'cleared' was a swamp where I built a witch farm.

I'd appreciate if those two small biomes were left in peace and free of tunnels until I come back and decide to make some myself.

Just a tiny reminder, since things seem to move quite fast :D

Any working updated map btw ? the dynamap link on the last page gives me an error everytime ( EDIT : Damn Minsc reading my mind ! )

Ah , excellent! I've appended your name and that'll be reflected in the future :)

It's about time you started pulling your weight sir.

I do pull my weight I will have you know I crashed the server at least 7 times yesterday. I wasn't doing anything just thought I would give the appearance of doing something which is what matters.

On another note it appears there has been an update to Nvidia's shadowplay recording software. (this is minecraft related). It can now record desktop video which meannnnnnnnnnssssss you can now record minecraft albeit Minecraft in desktop mode which I use because I don't want to miss any Lexi Belle tweets (for obvious reasons).

I just gave it a quick run through and it recorded footage with zilch frame rate problems. Now all I have to do is do something worth recording.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Awesome! I'm going to farm a ton of slime balls to get ready for 1.8. Slime blocks are incredibly fun to mess with, and useful too. Plus I need to enchant a new set of armor after losing mine to a lava fall last night...

Ark

At the request of Lord Ark the dynamic map is now back online for a limited time. Grab your screen caps while you can folks. :)

@RangerX: Awesome, will have to check it out sometime. Stock up on dem slimes.

Awesome. Though I won't be home from work until 9:30, so hopefully the server can handle the load for a day or two :)

Woorloog

Banned
How/where do i get my skin so that i can make back-up of it and/or modify it?
I didn't remember to copy the original file to my new laptop, and getting it from old laptop now is problematic as it might be start up at all.

Mengy

Right. I can't even recall what version the game is at the moment..

Yeah since patch 1.7 the game's versions have been funky, mostly due to bukkit taking forever to update coupled with the quick snapshots for 1.8

Minecraft is currently version 1.7.9.
Neocraft is currently running at 1.7.5 or lower.
Snapshots are available for 1.8 and are stable to play now.

I've been playing in 1.8 single player for weeks now, the new blocks are great to build with. Can't freakin wait to get them on Neocraft. I'm going to redo half of my ravine once I have those new stone types. Or I might just start a whole new base, one that incorporates slime blocks into it's design...

daevv

Does the PC version support controllers in anyway?

Totally random but I enjoyed playing Minecraft on Xbox 360 and most recently on PS3. I'd like to get the superior PC version but only if I have a wired 360 controller as an anchor. :) Thanks.

Sarcasm

Totally random but I enjoyed playing Minecraft on Xbox 360 and most recently on PS3. I'd like to get the superior PC version but only if I have a wired 360 controller as an anchor. :) Thanks.

There is a way but it isn't as great as the console versions.

Fuchsdh

I tried to get my wired 360 controller to work on OS X but I gave up fairly quickly. It might be less painful on Windows.

woolley

As someone who is primarily a console gamer and hates kb/m I dont think playing with a controller on the PC version would be the best idea. I dont know all the differences to everything but the crafting alone is enough to put me off the idea.

kidko

Sounds awesome.

Anyhow, since it's been about a month, here's an updated GAF Metro map! Click to make huge!

Among the changes:
*More claims added and labeled!
*New stations!
*New roads!

If you're interested, follow the lights north of San Ashgadia and you'll find my claim, on the northern half of that big mass of stone islands

daevv

If its an xbox 360 just use this java app: http://javadocs.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/minecontrol-2-0-released/

Remember you don't get the crafting thing like on console.

As someone who is primarily a console gamer and hates kb/m I dont think playing with a controller on the PC version would be the best idea. I dont know all the differences to everything but the crafting alone is enough to put me off the idea.

I forgot about the different crafting between the versions. As I've only every played the game on consoles I've taken it got granted. Wonder if there is a way to use the mouse on the crafting screen and a controller for the rest?

I'll have to buy the PC game this week and check it out. In the mean time I've been reading through the OT and watching some MC on Twitch.

Sarcasm

I forgot about the different crafting between the versions. As I've only every played the game on consoles I've taken it got granted. Wonder if there is a way to use the mouse on the crafting screen and a controller for the rest?

I'll have to buy the PC game this week and check it out. In the mean time I've been reading through the OT and watching some MC on Twitch.

There is but I just tried it and the response time is horrible compared to the console versions in-regards to just moving around.

Mengy

So I rode Charlie's Tampon Rail Line down to his stupendously huge dome for the first time last night, and holy hell that is one looonnngggggg minecart track. It's a 10K block trip down to there, it literally took me almost half an hour of real time! The amount of glass that thing is going to take is astounding.

Also, the new water block will be called Prismarine:

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/471606042460430336

No idea how or where exactly it will appear, but apparently it will shimmer, some new effect.

kidko

Man, I hope they add a way to make doing stuff in water way easier, like armor enchants that let you move freely, hover in place, using tools normally, etc. And also some underwater light that's easy to make. Could be fun!

belushy

Banned
So I rode Charlie's Tampon Rail Line down to his stupendously huge dome for the first time last night, and holy hell that is one looonnngggggg minecart track. It's a 10K block trip down to there, it literally took me almost half an hour of real time! The amount of glass that thing is going to take is astounding.

Also, the new water block will be called Prismarine:

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/471606042460430336

No idea how or where exactly it will appear, but apparently it will shimmer, some new effect.

Neat name. I wonder what it could be used for.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So players who bought the xbox 360 version of Minecraft get a reduced price buying it for xbox one.

Meanwhile, Alpha purchasers for PC still have gotten absolutely no bonus for buying the game during Alpha.

Exquisite.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You got the game for $15 cheaper.

That wasn't what was promised, that was the incentive. The game was worth 10 dollars back then.

The game came out pre-kickstarter era. Alpha buyers funded the game and let him continue development and progress the game into the behemoth it is now. If nobody bought it back then the game wouldn't be what it is now.

There has absolutely been no return on that investment at all.

Mengy

That wasn't what was promised, that was the incentive. The game was worth 10 dollars back then.

The game came out pre-kickstarter era. Alpha buyers funded the game and let him continue development and progress the game into the behemoth it is now. If nobody bought it back then the game wouldn't be what it is now.

Um, us alpha buyers get updates for life to the PC game...for free. Free. We don't need reduced purchase prices for new versions because...they are free.

What exactly are you wishing we were getting? I mean specifically, what more than a lifetime Season Pass to Minecraft PC were you expecting?

defel

Wait what...

kidko

Wait what...

Buying a game in Alpha isn't like buying stock in a company. You don't get dividends.

Also, how can you envy users on a platform who have to buy the game twice just for the privilege of continuing to play it on their new machine? We can upgrade our machines as often as we want without rebuying it.

-Minsc-

Buying a game in Alpha isn't like buying stock in a company. You don't get dividends.

Also, how can you envy users on a platform who have to buy the game twice just for the privilege of continuing to play it on their new machine? We can upgrade our machines as often as we want without rebuying it.

Buying Minecraft back during the Beta was one of the best investments I could have made. Theoretically I could go with out buying another game, ever.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Um, us alpha buyers get updates for life to the PC game...for free. Free. We don't need reduced purchase prices for new versions because...they are free.

What exactly are you wishing we were getting? I mean specifically, what more than a lifetime Season Pass to Minecraft PC were you expecting?

None of those things are exclusive to alpha players though, if you buy the game now you have the same version as every one else.

Realistically I think if anyone has ever used the account system on Minecraft.net knows it isn't super complicated, I wouldn't be surprised if account age isn't tracked on that system, so that may be where it was fumbled.

But really, you guys are acting like Kickstarter isn't a thing now. You fund the game while it's in development, you get a bonus for doing that. So far the closest thing you can get to saying a bonus was that you paid cheaper for it, but again that was when there were about 50 blocks in the game and about 4 biomes, it wasn't really what it is now. If anything I feel like I paid for a demo of the game, or a version of Minecraft-free but with mobs in it.

The stipulation of getting every version for free, in my opinion, was not fulfilled. Even to the point that notch edited that part of history out of his tumblr update blog so that alpha accounts were no longer entitled to that, probably because he didn't keep track of that like I mentioned before.

Getting Minecraft on the xbox or the xbone at a reduced price would be exactly the sort of thing that would be a good reward for that.

Bentles

None of those things are exclusive to alpha players though, if you buy the game now you have the same version as every one else.

Realistically I think if anyone has ever used the account system on Minecraft.net knows it isn't super complicated, I wouldn't be surprised if account age isn't tracked on that system, so that may be where it was fumbled.

But really, you guys are acting like Kickstarter isn't a thing now. You fund the game while it's in development, you get a bonus for doing that. So far the closest thing you can get to saying a bonus was that you paid cheaper for it, but again that was when there were about 50 blocks in the game and about 4 biomes, it wasn't really what it is now. If anything I feel like I paid for a demo of the game, or a version of Minecraft-free but with mobs in it.

The stipulation of getting every version for free, in my opinion, was not fulfilled. Even to the point that notch edited that part of history out of his tumblr update blog so that alpha accounts were no longer entitled to that, probably because he didn't keep track of that like I mentioned before.

Getting Minecraft on the xbox or the xbone at a reduced price would be exactly the sort of thing that would be a good reward for that.

Sounds to me like you just want the xbox/xbone edition. I don't see why people who bought the game in alpha are so special. They just found it first. I didn't buy it to support Notch. I bought it because it was fucking awesome and scary and I could build whatever I wanted. And I'm more than happy with what I got for my money.

Mengy

Man, maybe I just don't understand what you are trying to say?

When I bought the game in June of 2010, the deal was I pay $12 for the alpha version and I then get every update to my version for life. It never said I get Xbox versions, or PS4 versions, or special hats nor T-shirts nor in game capes, not even a block named after me. None of that was part of the deal. And it never, ever has been part of the deal for the PC version.

Are you expecting Mojang to retro-actively give all of us alpha buyers extra stuff just because the game became a hit?

Personally, I'm fine with having paid $12 for a game that has received regular and extensive updates for the past four years (and the foreseeable future). A game I've put literally hundreds of hours into. Maybe I'm just not in the habit of demanding free things for the heck of it? o_O

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more

Have you not received an updated version of Minecraft? I bought Minecraft when it was in beta, and I think the stipulation of getting every version for free has been fulfilled to the letter. I'm playing version 1.7.9 right now (which is why I haven't been in GAFland lately), even though I've only ever paid for the beta (pre-1.0).

So, why do you think the stipulation was not fulfilled? Which version are you missing?

woolley

Well my laptop isn't working anymore which is why I haven't been on. I turn it on and it locks up after 5 mins even with nothing running. So if anyone wants to finish the nether tunnels go ahead. I have a room set up inside the entrance of the gray tunnel were I store stuff and cook the stone. I have orange clay and about 20 chests of cobble at my house that can be used.

Its an easy design, 3 blocks of stained clay,3 blocks of colored glass, then 3 blocks of stained clay followed by the stone brick pillar. I gave it a fairly simple design so that it can be manipulated to easily add more tunnels without ruining the look of it and its easily manipulated to stay looking nice. But if anyone thinks they can make it better then go ahead.

I wasn't going to extend the red line past were it stops now at the last portal but your open to do more. The gray hall stops abruptly because it will go straight into a set up area with portals and I hadn't worked out what I wanted to do there. The orange hallway will be the hardest because as of now it isn't straight, changes levels and ha the most tunnels connected to it.

So if anyone wants to take it up have fun. :p

Ranger X

Well its not because Kickstarter exist today that we should retro on any cheap game we bought in the past and get goodies. Its was "pre-kickstarter" so... deal with it? ;)
And wasn't it like the best 10$ you ever freakin invested? What do you need more now? For the price you paid if you absolutely want the Xbox version. After all its 15$, this means you would have at least 2 versions of the game for the price of someone buying the PC game today. To do this is something exclusive to alpha buyers after all.

Fuchsdh

Well my laptop isn't working anymore which is why I haven't been on. I turn it on and it locks up after 5 mins even with nothing running. So if anyone wants to finish the nether tunnels go ahead. I have a room set up inside the entrance of the gray tunnel were I store stuff and cook the stone. I have orange clay and about 20 chests of cobble at my house that can be used.

Its an easy design, 3 blocks of stained clay,3 blocks of colored glass, then 3 blocks of stained clay followed by the stone brick pillar. I gave it a fairly simple design so that it can be manipulated to easily add more tunnels without ruining the look of it and its easily manipulated to stay looking nice. But if anyone thinks they can make it better then go ahead.

I wasn't going to extend the red line past were it stops now at the last portal but your open to do more. The gray hall stops abruptly because it will go straight into a set up area with portals and I hadn't worked out what I wanted to do there. The orange hallway will be the hardest because as of now it isn't straight, changes levels and ha the most tunnels connected to it.

So if anyone wants to take it up have fun. :p

I started doing the tunnels down by me, will probably adjust and rebuild the portals so they're at the same elevation eventually.

Top Bottom