• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
How in the hell can you build this in Vanilla anyways? How do you suddendly teleport 300 blocks away for the dragon when he dies, how do you build some dragon blocking device in the sky on top of him when he dies? I don't see how this can be done "legit".

That's because you didn't watch the whole video.

Sarcasm

Guys I am about to buy the ps3 minecraft. Any reason I would not? What is the actual limitations besides world size? I do have the pc version but I typically only play moded on it.

-Minsc-

Guys I am about to buy the ps3 minecraft. Any reason I would not? What is the actual limitations besides world size? I do have the pc version but I typically only play moded on it.

I can see the appeal of the console version. While the world size is limited that in a sense can be a good thing. It would force you to work with what you have over traveling 5000 blocks to greener pastures as you can in the PC version.

defel

Pretty sure it died within two or three days lol

edit: I want to say it was woolley(among a few others), but I might be wrong.

I am the one who rallied the troops and led our team into battle. I actually think it was a few weeks after the start of Gafland because no-one actually wanted to defeat it.

By all means make an event of it as long as my glorious enderman farm isn't harmed ;)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

The biggest downside is that it is an older version and missing lots of the stuff that is in the current PC version. I'm not sure where the line is, but I think it's back at the update that added bats (1.4 PC version?).

I do like the interface for the console versions, it would be neat if the PC people had the option of using it too, though I doubt I ever would. I just can't give up the infinite world size, thats too big a feature for me to be without.

kidko

Used the slime farm last night, great work on that Ranger X! Was fun and I got the XP I needed to fix my glorious pick that I neglected to long. Thanks!

-Minsc-

Pfft I have been usurped by Minsc. I literally hate you all :p anyway Minsc is doing something rude with a moose right now so I did it.

You didn't beat me by much good sir.

@Mengy: Just a note for the OT, people can log in to the server using clients 1.7.2 to 1.7.5. Technically the server is still 1.7.2, though there is no reason for the user not to upgrade to 1.7.5 (hence why I call the server 1.7.5).

ATTENTION ALL NEOCRAFT MEMBERS:

I am putting together an event for NihonTiger on NeoCraft Episode 100, and I'm currently thinking the best way to get all of you involved would be something fun: NeoCraft Spawn Wars.

You might remember that the Mindcrack guys did this about a year ago for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEbwRN4O6NU

Basically, it's some casual PvP fun around spawn (and other people's builds, if we'd like to do those, too) and I'd like to get a ton of folks on to take part.

My initial plan is to schedule this for next Sunday, June 8, at 3 p.m. Eastern (7 p.m. UTC, noon Pacific) if that works for y'all. If not, I can move the time around a bit next weekend.

Preferrably, if you can use Mumble, I'd like to cram as many folks in there as I can for the event. If not, that's fine (note: you don't necessarily need to have a mic to use Mumble, as long as you can hear us talking for instructions and such). Also, if you're able to record and want to on your end, feel free to. If not, no big problem. :)

So let me know what you guys think. I'd like to get more stuff done with all of you like this, so anticipate a few more fun things in the future. A fishing contest is one of the ideas I've had planned for starters. :)

Fuchsdh

I am putting together an event for NihonTiger on NeoCraft Episode 100, and I'm currently thinking the best way to get all of you involved would be something fun: NeoCraft Spawn Wars.

You might remember that the Mindcrack guys did this about a year ago for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEbwRN4O6NU

Basically, it's some casual PvP fun around spawn (and other people's builds, if we'd like to do those, too) and I'd like to get a ton of folks on to take part.

My initial plan is to schedule this for next Sunday, June 8, at 3 p.m. Eastern (7 p.m. UTC, noon Pacific) if that works for y'all. If not, I can move the time around a bit next weekend.

Preferrably, if you can use Mumble, I'd like to cram as many folks in there as I can for the event. If not, that's fine (note: you don't necessarily need to have a mic to use Mumble, as long as you can hear us talking for instructions and such). Also, if you're able to record and want to on your end, feel free to. If not, no big problem. :)

So let me know what you guys think. I'd like to get more stuff done with all of you like this, so anticipate a few more fun things in the future. A fishing contest is one of the ideas I've had planned for starters. :)

The time works for me I believe and I figured out to use Mumble last week with Minsc's patience. Sounds fun!

(That means I need to get back to building my house again doesn't it.

Ark

I'm in for sure.

I've been meaning to get back onto Minecraft lately, I've just been pre-occupied with Dark Souls 2.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I won't be there, I have a party that day to go to. Ah well, I'll have to settle for the video of it later on.

-Minsc-

Looking closer at your post: That time won't work for me as that's pretty much the exact time I head off to work. Two to three hours earlier would work well for me. I'll be unavailable between 3-7pm your time.

I could download the world file and crop out everything expect spawn. Might help with things.

make double sure the backups are fine! :p

What I mean is upload the cropped spawn as a separate world loaded along side the other wolds. The existing GAFland world will remain untouched.

I probably won't be there either since I work a shit-ton from now till E3 Monday, but feel free to tear up my estate grounds if you're looking for a place to pvp. Not very big, but it's pretty and has a few nice hiding spots.

I would also suggest Mack's western town (I dunno if he finished it or not) and the one giant coliseum that someone built that reaches near bedrock.

I probably won't be there either since I work a shit-ton from now till E3 Monday, but feel free to tear up my estate grounds if you're looking for a place to pvp. Not very big, but it's pretty and has a few nice hiding spots.

I would also suggest Mack's western town (I dunno if he finished it or not) and the one giant coliseum that someone built that reaches near bedrock.

Yeah, and don't worry; we won't be damaging people's builds while doing this. That's a rule, guys. :)

So we've got possibilities as:

Dry's place
Gruubal's big hole in the ground
Mack's western town
Spawn town
Crispy's area south of spawn

We still have plenty of time to get a set date and time down, too. I just threw out Sunday to gauge reaction to it.

Ranger X

Ah crap. 1.7.5 version? Darn. Was hoping to hop on.

I believe this server is using mods?

Create yourself a second profile (easy with the new client) and then make that profile run in 1.7.5 and join us. There isn't much mod in there though. Lockette and Bukkit basically.

-Minsc-

Yeah, and don't worry; we won't be damaging people's builds while doing this. That's a rule, guys. :)

So we've got possibilities as:

Dry's place
Gruubal's big hole in the ground
Mack's western town
Spawn town
Crispy's area south of spawn

We still have plenty of time to get a set date and time down, too. I just threw out Sunday to gauge reaction to it.

How is spawning handled? Would there be any mods I'd need to install to track scores?

Sundays are the best days for me. I can be around earlier Monday evenings.

There's really no reason to limit the PvP to GAFland builds. There's plenty of places on NeoCraft as well.

- Foxtrot dome (or any place in DomeCity)
- Mackville
- Ashgadia
- My Place
- Harvester

Here's an idea if anyone is interested in helping. Grab a copy of the world files and use MCedit to make arenas out of various builds. For example: Lift Arts Harvester out of NeoCraft then start prepping it for PvP. Add chests around to provide simple weapons, armour, potions, and other crafting materials players can find to gain a bit of an edge. Obviously these will be separate world files and have no effect on the default builds. This way if people like they can modify the terrain or I can set the worlds gamemode to adventure to prevent any such tampering. :)

Philia

Create yourself a second profile (easy with the new client) and then make that profile run in 1.7.5 and join us. There isn't much mod in there though. Lockette and Bukkit basically.

Hey! This is awesome, thanks for the heads up on that! But I just added the server and for some reason minecraft is saying its still on version 1.7.2?

NVM, I just fixed the profile. I'm MrDaravon right now. Thanks!

Fuchsdh

I'm curious, are there any castle builds for me to check out on GAFland?

There's a baby castle I'm working on at my place in Fuchsbaum on the purple line, if that counts. In terms of pure castles builds in he western sea before you hit the other continent abound--Spuit and Rroche's places are on islands.

Philia

So I log on gafland for the first time in awhile, and within 5 minutes of being on... I drowned my horse.

Good going me.

I didn't even know you can drown your own horse. o_O'

I really appreciate you dropping me some diamond sets. :) Shame I'm not whitelisted.

Do anyone know what I should do to enable my play in GAFland? I probably just build a house (Robie house) and go hunting for mineshafts to clean up. :)

Also, some clarification, this is my husband's account. So my avatar is female currently lol.

I'll be online waiting anyway. I'll be playing kirby in the mean time. I like what I saw. :3

Fuchsdh

I really appreciate you dropping me some diamond sets. :) Shame I'm not whitelisted.

Do anyone know what I should do to enable my play in GAFland? I probably just build a house (Robie house) and go hunting for mineshafts to clean up. :)

Also, some clarification, this is my husband's account. So my avatar is female currently lol.

I'll be online waiting anyway. I'll be playing kirby in the mean time. I like what I saw. :3

CharmingCharlie, Minsc, Mengy and Thorn are the mods who can whitelist. You can PM them here or pop on the server and see if they're there.

Philia

CharmingCharlie, Minsc, Mengy and Thorn are the mods who can whitelist. You can PM them here or pop on the server and see if they're there.

Thanks! This would be my second multiplayer server to join up. But I'm still quite new to commands and all that so I'm purely vanilla in my playstyle lol.

Crispy75

Thanks! This would be my second multiplayer server to join up. But I'm still quite new to commands and all that so I'm purely vanilla in my playstyle lol.

Gafland has a pretty limited set of commands. Just start typing them, there's no need to press T first:

/spawn - teleports you to spawn
/sethome - sets your own personal teleport point
/home - teleports you to that point
/tpa user (you only need the first few characters of the username) - teleports you to that user (they have to accept the request)

If you donate to the server fund, you also get access to /back which takes you to where you were before your last teleport, and also takes you to the scene of your death when you respawn.

Philia

Gafland has a pretty limited set of commands. Just start typing them, there's no need to press T first:

/spawn - teleports you to spawn
/sethome - sets your own personal teleport point
/home - teleports you to that point
/tpa user (you only need the first few characters of the username) - teleports you to that user (they have to accept the request)

If you donate to the server fund, you also get access to /back which takes you to where you were before your last teleport, and also takes you to the scene of your death when you respawn.

Thank you for this info! :D Saves me the trouble from asking like a noob. :3

-Minsc-

I'm assuming your MCName was MrDaravon? I promoted that account to citizen. :)

So looks like we have people able to make it one day and not the other this weekend.

Maybe we can do Saturday AND Sunday sessions to get a lot of you guys involved? I can tie it into 1-2 videos next week.

Spawn Wars battles in NeoCraft would work as well. The domes, Pioneer Town, my fortress; we have a ton of options.

We don't have to go all crazy making separate worlds and stuff if we don't want to, though. I mean, we're not going to be breaking blocks or needing to put chests into it like Survival Games (unless you guys want to do that). The Spawn Wars stuff is usually just "put on iron armor, grab an iron sword and bow, and have a little casual PvP fun." :)

Also, how would you guys feel about organizing some more group stuff together, perhaps even outside the server at a mini-game place like the Hypixel Server, PlayMindcrack, Respawn Network, WynnCraft, etc.?

-Minsc-

So looks like we have people able to make it one day and not the other this weekend.

Maybe we can do Saturday AND Sunday sessions to get a lot of you guys involved? I can tie it into 1-2 videos next week.

Spawn Wars battles in NeoCraft would work as well. The domes, Pioneer Town, my fortress; we have a ton of options.

We don't have to go all crazy making separate worlds and stuff if we don't want to, though. I mean, we're not going to be breaking blocks or needing to put chests into it like Survival Games (unless you guys want to do that). The Spawn Wars stuff is usually just "put on iron armor, grab an iron sword and bow, and have a little casual PvP fun." :)

Also, how would you guys feel about organizing some more group stuff together, perhaps even outside the server at a mini-game place like the Hypixel Server, PlayMindcrack, Respawn Network, WynnCraft, etc.?

The less work I have to do the better. ;) When the time comes for PvP I'll have to make NeoCraft survival again.

Off server play: Sure, sounds fun. What kind of stuff do you do on those servers?

Ranger X

Let's not fragment the Neogaf userbase into multiploe servers. I mean, seriously, its hard to have more than 4 people playing at the same in the current server...

Top Bottom