• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

if you want a really big pvp area with a bunch of locations feel free to use my area, Jurassic Park. its also an island, so there's already set boundaries.

unfortunately i probably cant be on Sunday, but might Saturday.

belushy

Banned
Also, how would you guys feel about organizing some more group stuff together, perhaps even outside the server at a mini-game place like the Hypixel Server, PlayMindcrack, Respawn Network, WynnCraft, etc.?

I'm up for that as well. Haven't really played on those servers before... well except once I played on PlayMindcrack in the survival games and died to an invisible person within 10 seconds.

So I log on gafland for the first time in awhile, and within 5 minutes of being on... I drowned my horse.

Good going me.
You can grab another one from my race track if you want, it's just east of spawn beside Crispy's theatre. All I ask is that you leave any of the named horses there (you'll see their name when you look at them), and leave me the saddles and armor as I'm low on both.

BTW, sorry I haven't been on lately, been playing Watch Dogs.

Yeah, any off-server stuff would be kind of PvP, but I'm not sure if it's something I want to hop into right away.

So let's focus instead on getting the Spawn Wars stuff all set up. :) Does the Saturday/Sunday split session sound good to everyone who might be interested?

Fuchsdh

Sounds good for me. Gotta get my internet back and then grind out some new armor
that I will lose to lava shortly before PvP begins

Philia

I'll take it down this evening. If anyone wants to snap some pics do it today. :)

Got them saved. Thanks for the mention.

Okay, the dimensions of the Robie house is as followed: 50 blocks long front & back and 22 blocks west and east. Do anyone prefer I build near the center of the hub or elsewhere? Let me know because I know parts around there are prime estate.

Robie house is a replica of Edgar Wright's build in Chicago and I figured it'd be a nice showcase.

Fuchsdh

Okay, the dimensions of the Robie house is as followed: 50 blocks long front & back and 22 blocks west and east. Do anyone prefer I build near the center of the hub or elsewhere? Let me know because I know parts around there are prime estate.

Robie house is a replica of Edgar Wright's build in Chicago and I figured it'd be a nice showcase.

Can you upload a pic using Dynmap so we can see what area you're talking about? If you're referring to areas east and southeast of GAF Grand Central that should be fair game, you might need to underground some rail lines.

Crispy75

You mean Frank Lloyd Wright, not Edgar :)

If you don't mind swapping North-South for East-West, there's a decent sized plot immediately SE of the station. Currently half grass and half sand.

Philia

Can you upload a pic using Dynmap so we can see what area you're talking about? If you're referring to areas east and southeast of GAF Grand Central that should be fair game, you might need to underground some rail lines.

LOL, on the second thought, yeah, I'll just build far away then. :3

I didn't realize the surrounding area is mostly desert. o.o'

You mean Frank Lloyd Wright, not Edgar :)

If you don't mind swapping North-South for East-West, there's a decent sized plot immediately SE of the station. Currently half grass and half sand.

Haha, thanks for the correction! I figured I got his name wrong somewhere! Okay, I'll check it out and see if it fits my dimensions.

EDIT: Hey, this area is perfect! I just need to convert some of that sand into actual grass but it'll do, I need to burn them into glass anyway. :D

Is this area okay for you guys?

rQ6MLVg.png

Fuchsdh

That area should be completely free. And yeah the desert was rather close to spawn originally, we've converted a lot of the area north and south to grassland manually :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Awesome, you mean Frank Lloyd Wright. I've toured three of his houses in PA, including the fantastic Falling Waters. He certainly had an eye for design and function.

Fuchsdh

Awesome, you mean Frank Lloyd Wright. I've toured three of his houses in PA, including the fantastic Falling Waters. He certainly had an eye for design and function.

Design, sure. The fact that his buildings are notorious for falling apart, maybe less on the function part. Also, I would have hated to use his furniture.

Mengy

Design, sure. The fact that his buildings are notorious for falling apart, maybe less on the function part. Also, I would have hated to use his furniture.

I meant function more from an ergonomic point of view, not mechanical. My biggest problem with his designs are that so many of them feel very claustrophobic while walking through them, he just wasn't a fan of space to move around. I think he felt that was wasted area, I couldn't live in such cramped spaces myself.

Philia

Um... is the server down? It says "Authentication servers are down. Please try again later, sorry!" I see 4/20 in there and I wannnnaaaaaaaa FINISH MY HOUSE! ;_______________;

belushy

Banned
Um... is the server down? It says "Authentication servers are down. Please try again later, sorry!" I see 4/20 in there and I wannnnaaaaaaaa FINISH MY HOUSE! ;_______________;

Same for me. The people on the server were probably there before the Authentication servers went down.

New here but i have a quick question....

Do all versions of this need access to authentication servers just to boot? I was planning on picking this up but my internet is extremely unreliable so i cant count on having access sometimes.

Mengy

New here but i have a quick question....

Do all versions of this need access to authentication servers just to boot? I was planning on picking this up but my internet is extremely unreliable so i cant count on having access sometimes.

With the PC version you only need to authenticate in order to play online. You can play single player offline forever if you wanted to. You won't be able to update the game without going online however.

With the PC version you only need to authenticate in order to play online. You can play single player offline forever if you wanted to. You won't be able to update the game without going online however.

Ah i see, thanks.

PC version here i come!

Edit: dumb question but is the PC version Mouse/keyboard only? or is there controller support?

-Minsc-

Ah i see, thanks.

PC version here i come!

Edit: dumb question but is the PC version Mouse/keyboard only? or is there controller support?

I don't believe it's officially supported but there are ways to control PC Minecraft with a gamepad. The main drawback is, unlike the console versions, methods of interacting with the world isn't designed with a gamepad in mind.

Fuchsdh

NihonTiger on NeoCraft #98 is live, a bit slower episode today but a fun one none the less.

Also, someone remind me to post today about the event this weekend.

I feel like there was a newly whitelisted fella' who posted here about building between you and Ranger, but I cannae' find his post. Not sure if he might be the culprit (I went back the last ten pages and couldn't find the post I'm certain was made.) He mentioned being right next to the mesa biome though so I don't know if that was him.

I've been smelting a brand new set of armor for any shenanigans this weekend... :)

I got bored and made a few sugar stalks to skybox. Then I enlisted Minsc to copy paste over a few plots in Ashgadia... I originally wanted to TNT or sponge the bottom to make it all tumble down, then Minsc suggest that he just covert the water to grass, which was a much better idea. Then it rained glorious sugar for 5 minutes!

There's still a giant plot of cane in Ashgadia if anyone just wants to see a wall of green, lol.

I feel like there was a newly whitelisted fella' who posted here about building between you and Ranger, but I cannae' find his post. Not sure if he might be the culprit (I went back the last ten pages and couldn't find the post I'm certain was made.) He mentioned being right next to the mesa biome though so I don't know if that was him.

I've been smelting a brand new set of armor for any shenanigans this weekend... :)

It's a bit less "between Ranger and Nihon" and more "right in the middle of Nihon's build" :p

-Minsc-

I got bored and made a few sugar stalks to skybox. Then I enlisted Minsc to copy paste over a few plots in Ashgadia... I originally wanted to TNT or sponge the bottom to make it all tumble down, then Minsc suggest that he just covert the water to grass, which was a much better idea. Then it rained glorious sugar for 5 minutes!

There's still a giant plot of cane in Ashgadia if anyone just wants to see a wall of green, lol.

Oh hey, there's magically two plots now. ;)

dude...

thats bamboo...

It's sugar cane with all the leaves stripped off. You know, Minecraft.

Fuchsdh

Hey Nihon, what did you do with the books you found on your adventure? I've been thinking about what to do with my spawn home and I was thinking it might be cool to make it into a library with those sorts of things thrown in. (the creator could also duplicate them as per Minsc's post a few pages back but this still would be a good fun use of space.)

Plus, I think I might create "travel guides" for people's various builds.

Hey Nihon, what did you do with the books you found on your adventure? I've been thinking about what to do with my spawn home and I was thinking it might be cool to make it into a library with those sorts of things thrown in. (the creator could also duplicate them as per Minsc's post a few pages back but this still would be a good fun use of space.)

Plus, I think I might create "travel guides" for people's various builds.

I think they're in a chest in my spawn house. I also planned on putting them in a library in my castle keep, so if we could duplicate them, that would be awesome. I'd be happy to get you a copy if that's possible.

Fuchsdh

I think they're in a chest in my spawn house. I also planned on putting them in a library in my castle keep, so if we could duplicate them, that would be awesome. I'd be happy to get you a copy if that's possible.

According to the Minecraft wiki if they're written books they can be duped like maps.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Written_Book

I'll prolly pop by spawn once I've rebuilt my house into a library and copy them then. You can keep the originals of course :p

And if anyone else has crazy Minecraft history they should put it there too.

Ranger X

According to the Minecraft wiki if they're written books they can be duped like maps.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Written_Book

I'll prolly pop by spawn once I've rebuilt my house into a library and copy them then. You can keep the originals of course :p

And if anyone else has crazy Minecraft history they should put it there too.

Seriously, books need to become a "placable" like cakes. I really wonder the fuck why Jeb didn't do them like that.

Philia

Server mods, there's a troll going by shaundakahl in the game. Cited herself as 7 year old girl and etc. Came over to my house and hit me with her sword and ran off after I told her to get out.

PvP needs to be turned off.

Nofunallowed.jpg while I'm building on hard mode.

Fuchsdh

Ah, so I grabbed the books but I realized that they weren't signed. Which makes sense since that would give away who wrote them... but they can't be copied unless they're a written book rather than a book and quill. Anyone gonna' cop up to writing the adventure before I slap my name on it?

Top Bottom