• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

Ah, so I grabbed the books but I realized that they weren't signed. Which makes sense since that would give away who wrote them... but they can't be copied unless they're a written book rather than a book and quill. Anyone gonna' cop up to writing the adventure before I slap my name on it?

If you want to copy the text from the books I can make unsigned copies. Just to keep it mysterious. ;)

r1chard

Looks like someone's thrown a tantrum and is DDoS'ing the Minecraft servers over the EULA. Details are extremely sketchy, and there's a lot of comment from people who clearly can't read (like there's people saying that the EULA has been changed to stop people making money from videos, when that's explicitly allowed in the EULA).

Edit: yep, the DDoS idiot here.

Note: the EULA does NOT prevent people from running servers. It does appear to stop people from certain money-making activities, but it's unclear what the scope is. There's a specific case that's been mentioned which is people re-selling the Mojang IP in bundles (like mods + the game).

Edit 2: there's been clarification that Mojang does not even want to stop people charging for access to servers they run.

Edit 3: I just connected. Accorting to mcstaus things are coming back.

Seriously, books need to become a "placable" like cakes. I really wonder the fuck why Jeb didn't do them like that.

Dinnerbone planning a lectern item for a while that would allow this. You could approach it and read the book without having to pick it up. He scrapped it because something just didn't feel right and he couldn't place it. Which is a shitty reason, because people are still begging for it. Books are a cool item with really limited utility because of this.

Dinnerbone planning a lectern item for a while that would allow this. You could approach it and read the book without having to pick it up. He scrapped it because something just didn't feel right and he couldn't place it. Which is a shitty reason, because people are still begging for it. Books are a cool item with really limited utility because of this.

Whaaat. Well he needs to revisit this and make it feel "right". Having a single book on a pedestal or lectern to explain how something works or the rules of an area would be SO MUCH BETTER than having to use shitty signs.

Ranger X

Exactly, I don't see who taking a book from a fucking frame feels better.

But hey, its not the first wierd design choice in this game...

So, as a heads up, I'm planning two recording sessions:

- Saturday, 7 p.m. Eastern (11 p.m. UTC)

- Sunday, noon Eastern (4 p.m. UTC)

We'll be in the Neocraft Mumble, if you'd like to be on there, too.

-Minsc-

Hey everyone, I've loaded up GAFland 1.6. Inventories are linked with Neo GAFland so you can empty out your old chests. Any items you had on you and in enderchests on GAFland 1.6 will sadly be lost.

woolley

I'm gonna be getting a laptop in a month or two. Does anyone know of a laptop under 500 that'd be able to run minecraft?

-Minsc-

Due to server instability I went ahead and unloaded garland 1.6. If people still want to get their crap from Gafland 1.6 I can always load it at a later date. :)

Alright, we're meeting up at spawn right now if you want in on the PvP fun

EDIT: Done for tonight, but we'll be meeting again tomorrow at noon EST (4 p.m. UTC) if you're interested. :)

Ecto311

Searched and didnt find anything on google. If I buy this game on xbox.com can 2 different gamer tags play the same game since its all on the same harddrive? Would like to play with my kid.

Also I did see some videos of 4 yr olds and younger playing this. Anyone here with little kids have a view on this? Easy for them or hard on the xbox?

Hey guys, gonna be meeting up at spawn soon if there's any interest in more Spawn Wars PvP.

Got some nice feedback last night and we might be doing this again in the future with a "Bring Your Best Gear" twist to it, so you can bring your Power III bows and diamond armor if you want for that one. :p

Bentles

Hey guys, gonna be meeting up at spawn soon if there's any interest in more Spawn Wars PvP.

Got some nice feedback last night and we might be doing this again in the future with a "Bring Your Best Gear" twist to it, so you can bring your Power III bows and diamond armor if you want for that one. :p

I would join in but I've procrastinated enough today and have to study :/

Fuchsdh

'Twas fun. At least I killed someone for a change :)

Nihon: I've got footage from the latter part of game 3 and on. What format would work best for you? I don't know what video editor you use but I can spit out a high-quality MP4 if you need it.

Oh? When did you last check the chests? Might have happened when I brought old Gafland online yesterday.

If you can tell me what is lost I'll replace it.
Right before the PVP. Both fuch and I stored our stuff in them before the fights. Next time we're on I'll give you the list.

-Minsc-

Right before the PVP. Both fuch and I stored our stuff in them before the fights. Next time we're on I'll give you the list.

Not exactly what caused it. I was thinking it may have had something to do with switching between gamemodes between worlds which messed up the databases.(NeoCraft and Gafland have separate Ender Chest spaces). Just did some tests and have been unable to replicate the bug. It's possible the server reset during the shindig caused something to go wacky. Best I can say is keep track of your enderchests and try to take note of exactly when something like this happens. For example check it after a server reset.

Preforming some general server maintenance. Server will be back up shortly. :)

Edit: Up.

Oh just in time for me to pop on and start slagging off the ME 4 reveal :p. Me and hopefully Dry will be there for the various E3 conferences if anyone wants to join us and see how 20 years of exposure to video gaming makes you incredibly jaded, cynical and grumpy about video games in general.

I'll be there in about an hour, just got to feed the cats.

Fuchsdh

Oh just in time for me to pop on and start slagging off the ME 4 reveal :p. Me and hopefully Dry will be there for the various E3 conferences if anyone wants to join us and see how 20 years of exposure to video gaming makes you incredibly jaded, cynical and grumpy about video games in general.

I'll be there in about an hour, just got to feed the cats.

Sad I'll be missing the piss-off contest :)

And Minsc, when you're on I have quite the itemized list of things you must replace :)

(On the plus side since I needed room in the chest for all the stuff I was storing for PvP I actually know what I had in there to care about.)

-Minsc-

Sad I'll be missing the piss-off contest :)

And Minsc, when you're on I have quite the itemized list of things you must replace :)

(On the plus side since I needed room in the chest for all the stuff I was storing for PvP I actually know what I had in there to care about.)

PM me the list and I'll get on it. :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Jeb has tweeted a low res tease pic of the new water mob:

Jeb said:
I'll keep on teasing the new mob with small pieces of information and pictures all the way to the first snapshot. Just for my own entertainment, of course ;) I guess it's soon time to post a screenshot too, but I'll probably do that on instagram (with filters and all).
Anyway, have the new mob as a reddit flair icon!
http://i.imgur.com/AkThG7r.png
=)

kTU5HbA.png

Looks like a cyclops fish sort of?

Oh, and apparently sponges are finally coming to the main game, with some new mechanics:

http://www.gfycat.com/NaughtyTintedAmericanwarmblood

Ranger X

Urchin mob + underwater light of some kind made with... + new ore Prismarine + Sponge.

Now that's becoming more and more interesting.

Ark

Shane, I'm thinking of buying a WiiU because Mario Kart 8 looks amazing as heck.

Please convince me otherwise.

Mengy

Shane, I'm thinking of buying a WiiU because Mario Kart 8 looks amazing as heck.

Not to mention Legend of Zelda: Skyrim Edition. The new open world Zelda game sounds awesome to me. Nintendo really seems to be ramping up, finally.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

There's Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, open world Zelda. Just so much.

Oh

Oh I almost forgot

There's this:
xOM4eu.gif

btw minecraft authentication is being shitty again

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

There's Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, open world Zelda. Just so much.

Oh

Oh I almost forgot

There's this:
xOM4eu.gif

btw minecraft authentication is being shitty again

Don't forget Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Zombie U, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, etc.

It took a while but it has a really nice library now.

Mengy

It actually does. It's almost the Nintendo game I'm most interested in honestly.

It's messed up. A few days ago the only next gen console I would have even considered buying is a PS4. Now after all of the E3 conferences I am seriously thinking of buying an Xbox1 just for the Halo compilation, but I'm also actually tempted to buy a Wii-U too because the number of games I'm interested in on the system has finally reached a level that makes it worth it to me. MK8, Zelda U, W101, Zombie U, Splatoon, Smash Bros U, hell even Yoshi Yarn looked fun to me. And suddenly the PS4 is the one I'm least interested in. What the Flying Hell.....lol.

belushy

Banned
It actually does. It's almost the Nintendo game I'm most interested in honestly.

It's messed up. A few days ago the only next gen console I would have even considered buying is a PS4. Now after all of the E3 conferences I am seriously thinking of buying an Xbox1 just for the Halo compilation, but I'm also actually tempted to buy a Wii-U too because the number of games I'm interested in on the system has finally reached a level that makes it worth it to me. MK8, Zelda U, W101, Zombie U, Splatoon, Smash Bros U, hell even Yoshi Yarn looked fun to me. And suddenly the PS4 is the one I'm least interested in. What the Flying Hell.....lol.

I feel like Halo MCC will probably be release on PC at some point. They didn't really deny it when they were being asked. Just the whole "not currently in the plans" thing.

edit: Super late edit to avoid double post...

Course Dirt is being added to the game. Dirt block that grass cannot grow on.

http://imgur.com/a/MAdzw#0

Top Bottom