• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Ferr986

I dont even know how to put animals into the stables. Right now Im just pushing them to fall into them lol

Been playing 4 hours straight and I didnt even move from the starting point yet, friggin Minecraft

I dont even know how to put animals into the stables. Right now Im just pushing them to fall into them lol

Been playing 4 hours straight and I didnt even move from the starting point yet, friggin Minecraft

You should be able to lure them in by holding the food that they love.

The Llama

I see Minecraft fans have blocks running through their veins? I am allowed to post my opinions and critique of a game. And to clarify I did delete it, and I decided to post my negative experience and views of a game I did not enjoy and could not get into.

Sorry to hear that.

N° 2048

I see Minecraft fans have blocks running through their veins? I am allowed to post my opinions and critique of a game. And to clarify I did delete it, and I decided to post my negative experience and views of a game I did not enjoy and could not get into.

I do not want to keep on playing this is boring.

Maybe something a little more than just saying "This is boring." ?

How about, "Hey, any tips for this part with the furnace?"

Maybe something a little more than just saying "This is boring." ?

How about, "Hey, any tips for this part with the furnace?"

I was not looking for tips.

You want me to ask and word things how you want them, but that was not my intentions. Putting it plainly and not bashing those who play the game: I do not see this as fun, I tried getting into watching people play it on twitch and youtube before and it was not fun then. Now I hope those who enjoy the game continue to enjoy it but I do not believe that it suits me despite my attempts to get immersed into the game.

Sorry to hear that.

It's perfectly alright, I'm sure this game is great for others but for me I like something I can hop in and out of without having to plan for. It was a great idea for them to bring this over to consoles.

Tall Paul

Upgraded from the XB360 version to the XB1 version and having not played it for a good few months I am certainly getting back into it. Got the City texture pack as well which adds a nice variation to it, started a house at the top of a mountain with a glass mezzanine which the bed faces out to see the sunset..then I went mining....a long way down..I got turned around...I stated to panic...where had my light trail gone..all the blocks look the same...I'm going to be stuck here forever...I frantically started to hammer away at blocks hoping to cut into my old mine path..hope was almost lost so I sat down to eat my last bit of cooked steak until I saw a small glint way above..I was saved. I ran home..closed the door and flooded the mine the next day.

Daffy Duck

I don't understand the furnace bit, is the minecraft demo a guided experience or something?

Not really, I got stumped years ago on 360 when I tried the tutorial and failed at the furnace part (using planks as fuel/and in the oven) to make charcoal as there was nothing to indicate what to do. I got frustrated and never bothered with it again until a year or so ago when my kids started playing it at school on the iPads and subsequently at home on their iPads.

Upgraded from the XB360 version to the XB1 version and having not played it for a good few months I am certainly getting back into it. Got the City texture pack as well which adds a nice variation to it, started a house at the top of a mountain with a glass mezzanine which the bed faces out to see the sunset..then I went mining....a long way down..I got turned around...I stated to panic...where had my light trail gone..all the blocks look the same...I'm going to be stuck here forever...I frantically started to hammer away at blocks hoping to cut into my old mine path..hope was almost lost so I sat down to eat my last bit of cooked steak until I saw a small glint way above..I was saved. I ran home..closed the door and flooded the mine the next day.

That's a cool story! Love these tales from MC. Those moments of desperation are what make the experience unforgettable.

I don't understand the furnace bit, is the minecraft demo a guided experience or something?

You have to hit down on the crafting table to change it to the furnace. The bottom is for fuel, which can be sticks or wood. Top is for what you are going to make. Like wood turns to charcoal. Cobblestone turns to stone. Clay to brick, erc

Demo is timed as soon as it says you finished the tutorial and the day will continue as normal. You get 2 days of time

N° 2048

Sunset bed. Genius, thanks for the idea :)

Tall Paul

How do the texture packs work? Can you mix and match or is it one active at a time?
Hi. Yeah one active at a time, if you've made a world in normal mode for example then load it, the texture pack you apply just before load will alter your buildings etc a little to match the style.

Phreak47

So LTTP to this but I just picked up the PS4 version on a whim late last night.

This might get me to dust off the Vita and start binging through remote play on my work lunches...

Pjsprojects

Bug - Xbone version.

After three hours of work my wife went to save her world with the city pack.The game states only a demo version of the pack is being used and prompts you to buy the pack or not save the content. Problem is you then get an error saying the pack is already purchased.
Now shes in a bad mood grrrr.

Nebula

So I built a base of cobblestone, but a creeper spawned inside my enclosed home. Is this a bug?

It needs to be lit properly. Creatures can still spawn in areas with a light level lower than 8 I think. Someone else probably knows.

N° 2048

It needs to be lit properly. Creatures can still spawn in areas with a light level lower than 8 I think. Someone else probably knows.

I had this issue earlier in the thread.

Added torches and the problem was fixed.

There's a bug where if your bed is beside a wall you will spawn outside when you wake up sometimes.

Tall Paul

Bug - Xbone version.

After three hours of work my wife went to save her world with the city pack.The game states only a demo version of the pack is being used and prompts you to buy the pack or not save the content. Problem is you then get an error saying the pack is already purchased.
Now shes in a bad mood grrrr.
Hi. Out of curiosity. It's not sitting in the download que is it? Mine did that when I got the prompt and it went nuts a froze but it was because it was waiting to download. You've probably checked but it's jut a thought to ease the pain. :)

Branson

Oh jeez. So I played the demo version and I really like how the controls are with a controller, something I've always wanted on the PC version. It was hard getting used to the crafting though coming from that. I just feel faster on PC but I know I'm not used to it yet. The game looked fine too. It should be fun once more of my friends get it.

Pjsprojects

Hi. Out of curiosity. It's not sitting in the download que is it? Mine did that when I got the prompt and it went nuts a froze but it was because it was waiting to download. You've probably checked but it's jut a thought to ease the pain. :)

Just checked but nothing downloading,however wife just told me she got a warning saying she didn't own that pack before starting. This may mean the pack had not registered due to being purchased on Smart glass.

hitmon

I had this issue earlier in the thread.

Added torches and the problem was fixed.

There's a bug where if your bed is beside a wall you will spawn outside when you wake up sometimes.

Guess I'll add more torches. Is there any way to lure out the monsters from the home? It doesn't appear to want to come out through the open door.

Tall Paul

I have had 1 random bug. During the day an invisible Skelton keeps shooting arrows at me and even if I leg it or go inside they still hit me. Happened 3 times now.

GodofWine

Why is there a progression of armor and weapons in a game that seems to have very little in the way of bad dudes.

Probably because they thought theyd implement more "game" to make it sell, and then they sold a hundred bajjjjillion copies without then and said 'meh'.

Going straight to the center right now. Building steps on the way. Was going to build a castle but will wait.

So I die will the stuff I put in chest and all that still be there? How do I get a map.

We need a campaign to make the Sphinx texture pack available for consoles too. Such an amazing texture pack and these new consoles should be able to do it easily without performance issues.

I couldn't help myself and got this game just now. So nice having it on the Ps4 now. Amazing. I think this is the 3rd time buying it lol

frontieruk

Just checked but nothing downloading,however wife just told me she got a warning saying she didn't own that pack before starting. This may mean the pack had not registered due to being purchased on Smart glass.

from the dash press the menu button, select manage game, it'll show what packs ar own and if they are installed.

Foshy

Good to know, I had a creeper in my basement too and was wondering how that could happen.

Going straight to the center right now. Building steps on the way. Was going to build a castle but will wait.

So I die will the stuff I put in chest and all that still be there? How do I get a map.

Anything you have in a chest will stay there as long as you keep the world going.

On Normal, you should start with a map. Otherwise it's a compass+paper.

Don't watch the minecraft streams on playstation live. I was quite proud of my house, veggie plot, large multi-level tower with sandstone floors, all in survival mode.

Until I saw what some of the streamers are working on..

Top Bottom