• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

crazy glitch after booting back up
iIAqypfAxiuAK.gif

Sorry if this has already been dealt with, but I'm trying to do split screen with my son and his screen has a transparent stripe running across the screen. Cannot get rid if it! Any ideas? Xbox One version.

Some amazing stuff being created here btw!

Ferr986

Fuck me. I ended up buying it for the ps4 even if I already have it on 360.
Fired it up and the placed me in a huge hill perfect for building my humble house...

So... If I disable the hunger system, I cant get trophies? Its kinda annoying. Also, animals still respawn? Theres a lot of animals here but Im afraid to kill them because I still dont know how to breed.

Wil348

Fired it up and the placed me in a huge hill perfect for building my humble house...

So... If I disable the hunger system, I cant get trophies? Its kinda annoying. Also, animals still respawn? Theres a lot of animals here but Im afraid to kill them because I still dont know how to breed.

You won't be able to get achievements if you disable the hunger bar, which kind of sucks.

MAX PAYMENT

First time playing this game. Just built a house and survived a couple nights. Not quite understanding the phenomena.

Are there dungeons or things to do out in the world other that search for resources?

if you play on peaceful you dont have to eat you can still get trophies, yes animals re spawn (you can play the tutorial to see what you need to breed them)

First time playing this game. Just built a house and survived a couple nights. Not quite understanding the phenomena.

Are there dungeons or things to do out in the world other that search for resources?

nope that's pretty much it, WELCOME to Minecraft

Ferr986

if you play on peaceful you dont have to eat you can still get trophies, yes animals re spawn (you can play the tutorial to see what you need to breed them)

nope that's pretty much it, WELCOME to Minecraft

Yeah but I Like survival mode more. Well, if they do respawn then I'll kill some of them for foor.
I skipped the tutorial because I already have the game on 360, forgot that theres a lot of new things here.

There are small dungeons hidden in caves with treasure. You can find pyramids in deserts and temples in jungles; these have treasure too.

I wanna build a farm to have animals. Never done it before, what do I do/need?

I did this this afternoon. I just built a fence to enclose an area, made lots of gates. Whenever an animal got close I kind of shoved them in. Probably not the right way to do it, but I've got two cows, four sheep and two pigs!

Btw, anyone got any ideas about the split screen issue with a gray stripe across the other players screen? Driving me nuts!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I did this this afternoon. I just built a fence to enclose an area, made lots of gates. Whenever an animal got close I kind of shoved them in. Probably not the right way to do it, but I've got two cows, four sheep and two pigs!

Btw, anyone got any ideas about the split screen issue with a gray stripe across the other players screen? Driving me nuts!

How do I feed them/breed them?

MattyG

Banned
Do you guys prefer creative or survival? I kind of like survival more, simply because it feels like more of an accomplishment to build something out of gathered resources than resources handed to you in Godmode.

bengraven

Do you guys prefer creative or survival? I kind of like survival more, simply because it feels like more of an accomplishment to build something out of gathered resources than resources handed to you in Godmode.

I played Survival the first couple years of Minecraft's development. Shortly after it was officially released I switched to Creative and now only play that.

One of these days I want to start up a new Survival world, probably on the PC though, with all the new stuff that can kill you.

Survival - always for me. I really enjoy the danger aspect and having to mine all the resources. I get more of a feeling of accomplishment. I always build a decent house, and then go off on adventures, seeing what I can find and fight. Love it.

My best mate only plays creative and the stuff he produces is awesome. I just don't have the imagination. That's why this game is so fucking great, play the way you want.

MattyG

Banned
Still can't get the upgrade price from the disc version. I've seen some people say that you need to play online on the PS3 disc version. Not play while signed in, but play in multiplayer. Not sure how true this is.

Have any of you guys successfully done the upgrade from PS3 retail?

Maaka

Neo Member
Just a heads up about some glitches me and my GF found while playing split screen.

First when she logs into play as 2P on my account under her own PSN ID, her skin changes back to default along with all her option settings. Thankfully she still has all her items. Not a big deal but the PS3 version didn't have this problem

second: One time when we loaded up the game all the animals in our ranch were gone but we could still hear them making noises. Exiting out of the game and coming back in solved this problem.

Third: The worst one yet. I was expanding the house and accidentally hit one of her dogs, So of course they killed me lol. But after I died I respawned back at the spawn point of the world (we had just moved the beds and I had not slept in them yet.) Since it was night and dinner time (IRL) we decided to take a 20 minute break. Start the game back up go back to the house. None of the dogs are there, all the animals in the ranch are gone (not making any noise,) and every chest we have is now empty. The only stuff we have left is what was in our inventory.

We only had about 7 hours into this world but there was a full ranch and farm. Stacks of iron and some diamonds.

Kinda annoyed at the game right now and just wanted to get that off my chest

Gazkapop

I'm thinking about picking this up on PS4 and finally jumping on the Minecraft train.

I'd always been tempted to buy it on 360 but I ended up leaving it because I would be playing on my own and I wouldn't say I'm particularly imaginative.

Would those points severely affect my enjoyment of the game? I played the trial the other day and found it really relaxing just trying to build a basic shelter until the demo time ran out. Seems like this game would be a nice change of pace to the rest of the games I currently play on PS4.

N° 2048

Aw that sucks

I hope they patch it in :)

Just a heads up about some glitches me and my GF found while playing split screen.

First when she logs into play as 2P on my account under her own PSN ID, her skin changes back to default along with all her option settings. Thankfully she still has all her items. Not a big deal but the PS3 version didn't have this problem

second: One time when we loaded up the game all the animals in our ranch were gone but we could still hear them making noises. Exiting out of the game and coming back in solved this problem.

Third: The worst one yet. I was expanding the house and accidentally hit one of her dogs, So of course they killed me lol. But after I died I respawned back at the spawn point of the world (we had just moved the beds and I had not slept in them yet.) Since it was night and dinner time (IRL) we decided to take a 20 minute break. Start the game back up go back to the house. None of the dogs are there, all the animals in the ranch are gone (not making any noise,) and every chest we have is now empty. The only stuff we have left is what was in our inventory.

We only had about 7 hours into this world but there was a full ranch and farm. Stacks of iron and some diamonds.

Kinda annoyed at the game right now and just wanted to get that off my chest

Second time I've heard of the chest bug. Makes me nervous...

Jesus Christ the Enderman.
I built a glass tower in my fortress and I was just standing on it, taunting him.. when he teleports to my location and knocks me off to my doom. Whelp, lesson learned.

True, but I almost feel myself turning into a veggie on this, and those ender men ain't hurting no one.

I feel like they'll know and judge me if I start slaying them lol.
Wolves already judging you
I also met enderman. Didn't know who he was. Just that I saw purple glitter lol

ReaperXL7

So I have been sharing my early trails in the other thread but I thought I would switch to the OT going forward. I never got into the Minecraft thing up until this release on PS4 and I'm currently in love with it to be honest.

My first night playing was pretty rough I was not sure what to do, I refuse to go through guides and so I had set out to figure this world out. I had created a large world with the Fantasy skin which kind of gives everything this cool 3d 8 bit look to it all and I dubbed my world Hyboria.

I gave my character the Barbarian skin as I logged in and began making my way through a jungle that the game had set me in as I loaded my new world. I had no idea what I was doing but began hoarding some resources as I pushed through the dense jungle until I came to a clearing. I noticed night falling and I remembered hearing once that night was when the monsters come out so I dug myself a hole and blocked myself in until the sun came back up also using that time to craft some minor equipment from the resources I gathered while in the jungle. As morning came I got out of my whole and much to my surprise a skeleton was still near by trying to slay me with his bow so I ran over while trying to dodge his arrows and attacked him until he was no more, but not before he had done a huge amount of damage. It was around now that I had also noticed my health getting a bit low so I killed a few chickens and ate the raw meat they had dropped.

I knew I would have to build some type of shelter as the hole trick was only going to work for so long so I began farming some cobblestone from a cave I stumbled across at the boarder of the jungle and then built a small house and placed a crafting table, furnace, two chests and a bed inside.

With these items I was able to create some respectable equipment to allow me some opportunity for real exploration and after a day of gathering resources and crafting I set out for some real exploration. Now I'm at around day three of playing and I have stumbled across a village complete some actual villagers and have decided that I will now make this my place of rest for the time being. I also was able to gather up 5 wolves to aid me so far as I had tamed 2 and then mated them to create a nice small group of my own personal bodyguards.

The game is awesome and it really makes me even more excited to see games like No Mans Sky, Wild, Day Z, etc coming to consoles as I really love these games that allow for experimentation, exploration and self discovery. Used to be a lot more of them in previous generations.

I have also had a ton of fun playing with my daughter who was a fan of MC from playing at friends houses

N° 2048

So I have been sharing my early trails in the other thread but I thought I would switch to the OT going forward. I never got into the Minecraft thing up until this release on PS4 and I'm currently in love with it to be honest.

My first night playing was pretty rough I was not sure what to do, I refuse to go through guides and so I had set out to figure this world out. I had created a large world with the Fantasy skin which kind of gives everything this cool 3d 8 bit look to it all and I dubbed my world Hyboria.

I gave my character the Barbarian skin as I logged in and began making my way through a jungle that the game had set me in as I loaded my new world. I had no idea what I was doing but began hoarding some resources as I pushed through the dense jungle until I came to a clearing. I noticed night falling and I remembered hearing once that night was when the monsters come out so I dug myself a hole and blocked myself in until the sun came back up also using that time to craft some minor equipment from the resources I gathered while in the jungle. As morning came I got out of my whole and much to my surprise a skeleton was still near by trying to slay me with his bow so I ran over while trying to dodge his arrows and attacked him until he was no more, but not before he had done a huge amount of damage. It was around now that I had also noticed my health getting a bit low so I killed a few chickens and ate the raw meat they had dropped.

I knew I would have to build some type of shelter as the hole trick was only going to work for so long so I began farming some cobblestone from a cave I stumbled across at the boarder of the jungle and then built a small house and placed a crafting table, furnace, two chests and a bed inside.

With these items I was able to create some respectable equipment to allow me some opportunity for real exploration and after a day of gathering resources and crafting I set out for some real exploration. Now I'm at around day three of playing and I have stumbled across a village complete some actual villagers and have decided that I will now make this my place of rest for the time being. I also was able to gather up 5 wolves to aid me so far as I had tamed 2 and then mated them to create a nice small group of my own personal bodyguards.

The game is awesome and it really makes me even more excited to see games like No Mans Sky, Wild, Day Z, etc coming to consoles as I really love these games that allow for experimentation, exploration and self discovery. Used to be a lot more of them in previous generations.

I have also had a ton of fun playing with my daughter who was a fan of MC from playing at friends houses

This is what the game is about. Such a huge creative outlet. It's good for the brain...I'm telling ya.

Cess007

Man, splitscreen is so fun. I played this on Thursday and after an hour i leave. Yesterday, my cousin came to my house and we played in Survival until almost 2am.

At first we were messing around killing each other just for fun, but as soon the night came, we were rushing to find a cave to survive the nigh, and when we found one, it was infested with spiders and enemies, so we found ourself running around the cave avoiding the enemies and searching for an exit.

I can't wait to play more :D

I have a PS4 and I am debating getting Minecraft. I never played before. Is it easy to join other people's games?

Is there co-op for survival mode? Can me and my SO play with others? Do we have to invite others or can it be an open "world"?

pompidu

Getting this game for my step daughter for ps4. Been playing for a long ass while on pc. How is the split screen?

Top Bottom