• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

GulAtiCa

I've been obsessed with making mine tracks. Have one go from my house to the desert pyramid. Also one from my house to near bottom cavern. Will use a chest cart to help move things.

Will build one that goes to some jungle and see what's out there. Prob even take it above ground for a nice view.

Thank god for that pyramid, I gutted the tracks there. Still left some.

N° 2048

I've been obsessed with making mine tracks. Have one go from my house to the desert pyramid. Also one from my house to near bottom cavern. Will use a chest cart to help move things.

Will build one that goes to some jungle and see what's out there. Prob even take it above ground for a nice view.

Thank god for that pyramid, I gutted the tracks there. Still left some.

I love building underground mine cart systems encased in glass. Fun view for the trip :)

The DLC I bought doesn't seem to be working for me on the PS4. They are both installed and downloaded, but they just show up as trials in the game.

Try resorting licenses.

Creeer for in my house because I was working on a sky view room luckily it didn't go boom inside. Lured it outside into a waterfall lol

Nuklear

Banned
I can't believe I got re-hooked onto Minecraft again but I actually prefer the PS4 version over the PC one despite it being a few updates behind. I wish they would officially add controller support to the PC version and the console UI. Not having to look up every recipe is a breath of fresh air.

Here is my first project in survival. Always got to have a nice home to go to after a hard day.

Had to actually lay the foundation for this spot as it was hanging off a giant cliff.
iRzYqNidlYdQo.jpg

Doing basic framing
ibiDtjW04swHIT.jpg

Finishing the flooring and roof
ibgwOQghUeSHYF.jpg

Roof/Floor finished
icyE7ICFghwUD.jpg

Framing Interior
iDA83ooZec57k.jpg

Hello up there!
iFt1jM7j5mAXG.jpg

Once done and i got everything from my mine moved into the house I will start gathering clay and change the outside from wood to brick. Will then get dye and cloth and carpet the interior. Fun stuff!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I see Minecraft fans have blocks running through their veins? I am allowed to post my opinions and critique of a game. And to clarify I did delete it, and I decided to post my negative experience and views of a game I did not enjoy and could not get into.

"this is boring"

gr8 critique m8

Epcott

Wow, time sure flies while playing this. It's highly addictive. The only thing that gets me is how even when you spider and zombie proof your farm/ranch/home/fort, one random Creeper can pop up and totally ruin your day.

One mysteriously appeared among my cows (surrounded by 5 block high walls) in my seemingly impenetrable compound. Thankfully I wandered away, and when I returned it was gone. What good are the many materials to build with when a well placed Creeper demolishes everything around it?

Also, thanks Stan Marsh for the help earlier.

Hawk269

Love it.
Man I will say this thread is making want to play it again soooo badly. But I know come tuesday I wont think about it. Must stay strong.

Yeah, I am addicted to it again, but I know come Tuesday that I will be able to put pull away from it.

Mastperf

The 360 and PS3 version allowed you to set how often it autosaves but I don't see the setting on the PS4 version. Am I just overlooking it? What's the default autosave time set at?

N° 2048

All this time I was using one big chest, totally forgot to make a chest room with separate chests for wood, stone, tools, food, etc.

Lucky I got a spare room I can use. Trying to find a USB drive to show you guys some pics of my survival mode :)

Roommate upgraded our copy for PSN, it was on her account.
I can't play it on the PS4 under my account. It's not even registering the 5 dollar upgrade fee for me on PS3.

I've reached out to 4J and AskPlaystation, and no response. Really kinda infuriating.

Roommate upgraded our copy for PSN, it was on her account.
I can't play it on the PS4 under my account. It's not even registering the 5 dollar upgrade fee for me on PS3.

I've reached out to 4J and AskPlaystation, and no response. Really kinda infuriating.

Have you tried adding the PS4 version to your cart? It should change to $5 assuming you bought digitally or meet the requirements for physical.

Have you tried adding the PS4 version to your cart? It should change to $5 assuming you bought digitally or meet the requirements for physical.

I did, shows as $20. I put a ton of hours into the PS3 version that was on roommate's account on PS3. (Under my account, of course.)

I'm mostly annoyed on how I can't play a game that she 'bought', yet she can play any of the games I bought, including my PS+ games.

I did, shows as $20. I put a ton of hours into the PS3 version that was on roommate's account on PS3. (Under my account, of course.)

I'm mostly annoyed on how I can't play a game that she 'bought', yet she can play any of the games I bought, including my PS+ games.

Wait. I'm confused. Which account was Minecraft purchased under?

Why make that instead of just a ladder?

I might be wrong but I believe that the point of an elevator is it is automatic, rather than climbing, it transports you vertically.

The one with water probably functions that way something to do with the buoyancy of water in minecraft world.

I looked at his other "zipper" elevator and the complexity is ridiculous. For something that is much easier to do in the current PC build of minecraft.

N° 2048

Why make that instead of just a ladder?

Looks mostly. Mine isn't set up the same way as that video, it's underground, much nicer looking.

I dislike climbing down ladders as well, this makes it much more bearable for deep mining.

Deadstar

Any trick to getting the ps3 to ps4 upgrade working? I have the disc version but it still shows as $19.99?

My save is uploaded to my ps plus account.

Please help, I am in so much pain. I want to play the ps4 version so bad!

Nivert

I might be wrong but I believe that the point of an elevator is it is automatic, rather than climbing, it transports you vertically.

I couldn't tell if it's automatic, I just assumed you held jump to go up like you do in water. If it is automatic I could see more use for it.

Looks mostly. Mine isn't set up the same way as that video, it's underground, much nicer looking.

Fair enough :p Looks are important too.

I've fought the impulse to buy because of Tuesday but this thread makes me jealous. I wanna see more builds.

N° 2048

I couldn't tell if it's automatic, I just assumed you held jump to go up like you do in water. If it is automatic I could see more use for it.

To go down you don't need to press anything but to go up you hold X. It's like a water ladder o_O

Wait. I'm confused. Which account was Minecraft purchased under?

Minecraft (PS3) was bought under hers. We could both play it just fine on the PS3.
Minecraft (PS4 Upgrade) was on hers, I can't play it at all. She can play any of the PS4 games I have installed. Minecraft is the only game on the system I can't play.

Got my first sky beacon built. Accidently got up there above the clouds and noticed I had no Torches to light the top. WOOPS. Gotta climb back up there now lol

ibtCSBjTNFbCjM.jpg

Once I get this built I can travel around in the surrounding area and know where my house is.

M_A_C

Any trick to getting the ps3 to ps4 upgrade working? I have the disc version but it still shows as $19.99?

My save is uploaded to my ps plus account.

Please help, I am in so much pain. I want to play the ps4 version so bad!

I'm in the same boat. I hope they fix it soon.

Light my way home!
ivJSO7Bw4ZgHt.jpg

Working well. Loving the much higher draw distance on PS4.
iQw76LKfEARre.jpg

ibjfPHpsAtslfu.jpg

Now to get my full iron suit, stock up on food and start exploring the island

Got my first sky beacon built. Accidently got up there above the clouds and noticed I had no Torches to light the top. WOOPS. Gotta climb back up there now lol

ibtCSBjTNFbCjM.jpg

Once I get this built I can travel around in the surrounding area and know where my house is.

Sounds like you're on your way :)

Any plans for what you're gonna do with the big box house? I might have missed it, and don't worry: even those of us who have been playing the game forever started out with some super-boxy structures. You kind of learn to build your own style as you play.

Sounds like you're on your way :)

Any plans for what you're gonna do with the big box house? I might have missed it, and don't worry: even those of us who have been playing the game forever started out with some super-boxy structures. You kind of learn to build your own style as you play.

But not all of us can be famous youtube stars with a catchy theme song. ;)

Daffy Duck

Where do guys build your nether portals?

I put mine next to my house but ive realised this hampers my house expansion.

Any reason to not have it in my basment?

Liamario

Banned
The DLC I bought doesn't seem to be working for me on the PS4. They are both installed and downloaded, but they just show up as trials in the game.
Have an identical problem for one of the dlc. Card was charged, add on is installed, but can still buy the dlc from the store- this shouldn't be possible when it's already purchased

Mastperf

Where do guys build your nether portals?

I put mine next to my house but ive realised this hampers my house expansion.

Any reason to not have it in my basment?
You're free to build it any place you want. When I first started playing I would build seperate buildings for my portal and one for my enchanting. They would be small but unique looking buildings.

derFeef

True, but I almost feel myself turning into a veggie on this, and those ender men ain't hurting no one.

I feel like they'll know and judge me if I start slaying them lol.

I will play that way, but defend myself against aggressive animals.
Leather will become a problem I guess, but we'll see

Daffy Duck

Damn creepers keep blowing up my farm!

Starting to think this lava moat was a bad idea... I've accidentally fallen in it more times than mobs have. Lol

Lol.

I will play that way, but defend myself against aggressive animals.
Leather will become a problem I guess, but we'll see

Yeah, I've just got to that stage in my quest for bookshelves for my enchanting table. I'm almost tempted to get more cows to breed in a separate area as my slaughterhouse.

You're free to build it any place you want. When I first started playing I would build seperate buildings for my portal and one for my enchanting. They would be small but unique looking buildings.

Think I'm going to mine out a massive basement and put it down there, then expand my house once I've been to the Nether and got a blaze rod to build a brewing stand.

It's not 4J's fault. Sony and MS set limits. PS360/Vita had one limit and PS4/XBO has another. I guess Apple and Google do not have the same limits on phones as consoles do. It's about save file limits that are imposed by Sony/Ms,not 4J.

There must be a way around this though. On PS3 we had games like Afrika which has a 400 MB save file, so like hundreds of times bigger than the usual size. Others like LBP later incorporated the save file data into the install data which is allowed to be several GB.

Not to mention that I find it hard to believe both Sony and MS have set the same limit.

Another option would be to offer servers and save bigger worlds on there. That way people could also access&share them w/o needing the original host to be online... (my biggest issue with the game atm. I'm a complete MC noob and actually won't have much time for the game, but I would love to have a world shared with PSN friends that I can visit from time to time to see the total progress)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My Xbox 360 save can never be found on the Xbox One. I've checked on the X360 and the save data is in the cloud. Any work around?

Fox Mulder

Starting to think this lava moat was a bad idea... I've accidentally fallen in it more times than mobs have. Lol

they kept standing at my front door, so I made a trap door with a switch that dumps them in a lava pit.

I've walked out the door when the trap was open a few times myself.

Top Bottom