• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Ferr986

I just make a story up. Give my guy a back story and play survival mode. I barely use creative. I love the idea of being alone having to build shelter and survive day after day.

True. I bought the 360 version without expecting much at all, just and impulse buy. I ended up playing it alot, even if I didnt touch much the creative mode.
It was first about surviving my first night, then about looking for a nice place to make my home, then I started explored the world and the huge underground cavers. I had a lot of fun with it. Didnt really build much, I mainly just upgraded my house and do a big ass tower with the resources I keep gathering while exploring.

I disliked the update where they put actual villages on the world map (also, the hunger system)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yay

BwtvUmeCEAEc4rt.jpg:large

fernoca

Stuff seems to be working.
Purchased it for $4.99 on the PS4 along 2 other skin packs (and 2 more I already had which were marked as free). Game's downloading now along an update.

ReaperXL7

So I was able to download it finally, I'm curious about the texture packs though. Do they allow you to change the explore modes world into that theme?

For instance if I download the fantasy pack will it change the base game into fantasy style Minecraft?

Tagyhag

Still waiting for the Vita version. :(

Worth $.99 imo. The plastic one is nice too. Like lego.

So is it safe to purchase now? Or am I is it gonna delete my library?

Wait, you have to PAY for texture packs? That's incredibly cheap of them.

So I was able to download it finally, I'm curious about the texture packs though. Do they allow you to change the explore modes world into that theme?

For instance if I download the fantasy pack will it change the base game into fantasy style Minecraft?

Yes. BTW you can try for free every packs, but you can't save

ckohler

Does anyone know what approximate PC version the PS4 compares to regarding what the latest blocks/mobs included are?

Maaka

Neo Member
Does anyone know how to make a bigger map?

The map is still the same size as the ps3 version even though the world is bigger than what the map shows.

N° 2048

Does it still stutter randomly like the PS3 version does? Any lag with big structures?

I'm so excited to go home and try this with Rick.

Rick is my current story. He was on his way home from vacation when his plane crashed. Family could be stranded on the island but he must survive and build before he can venture out to save them. Muaha.

Does anyone know how to make a bigger map?

The map is still the same size as the ps3 version even though the world is bigger than what the map shows.

Last time I played the PC version the map was quite limited. That was on purpose. Generally the strategy was to make multiple maps and start them right at the corners/edges of your first map. It was most certainly a part of minecraft for a long time if not still

RE_Player

I have the disc version of Minecraft PS3. Is there something I need to do to get the $5 upgrade? Looking on the web store the PS4 edition costs $20.

Ibuki

Banned
I have the disc version of Minecraft PS3. Is there something I need to do to get the $5 upgrade? Looking on the web store the PS4 edition costs $20.

I haven't been able to figure that out yet. No word on if you have to insert the disc into the PS4 like you did with older upgrade games.

Maaka

Neo Member
Last time I played the PC version the map was quite limited. That was on purpose. Generally the strategy was to make multiple maps and start them right at the corners/edges of your first map. It was most certainly a part of minecraft for a long time if not still

Ok Thanks. I'll have to try that. Hopefully it works.

AEREC

Just got a PS4 today and may pick this up. Is it currently on par with the PC version? At least in terms of map size.

I think I just bought it for $5 despite not owning it for PS3? I rented the disc version once and the price showed up as $4.99, so I went for it.

SamVonSam

Neo Member
I think I just bought it for $5 despite not owning it for PS3? I rented the disc version once and the price showed up as $4.99, so I went for it.

Yep. As long as your PSN profile shows you've played Minecraft: PS3 Edition, you get the upgrade discount.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Never played Minecraft before. Gave the demo a go and it seemed fun. Went for it and now I hope the Vita version is out before I travel to Italy next month. What are the chances of that?

Top Bottom