• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

I got a receipt so I'm guessing I'll be fine, also got the confirmation that I did add funds to my wallet so we should be good.

Ibuki

Banned
Everyone knows they are having issues but keep trying to buy or download it. You guys must enjoy punishment.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm... actually considering buying this.

Halp.

giphy.gif

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Yup, same thing happened to me. Took my money and then crashed my Library and haven't gotten a chance to download it. Going in the store says I haven't bought the game either (Though it is telling me I am not eligible to buying the game at this time)
Is it not letting anyone buy it or just those who've bought it before. I wouldn't try again regardless.
Purchasing software becomes a problem (as seen in this thread) every couple of weeks when big releases hit the PSN store. I would consider this the definition of "being down" in the context of this discussion.
Ehhhh. I wouldn't use that exact termage. I can still log in and play multiplayer So it's main functions aren't down. Having problems, sure. But "being down" has it's own connotations about not being able to do anything at all.
EDIT : PS+ Issues abound. Well then, PSN is down.
I just got home from a long day at work. It's around 19 hours after the game launched. I'm paying money to play games online. It should work. God help Sony for the Destiny launch.
Are you talking about EU? Because this is for US. Dunno if the EU is having problems but the game only launched in US about an hour ago.
They announced it would be ready before noon (PST) and it was. I don't see why you're giving them a free pass especially with a larger release on the horizon (Destiny) with a heavy online focus and the fact that ps+ is now required for multiplayer.
I bet the Blog Post will update with a store link saying it's ready to buy.
Because Destiny ≠ Minecraft. Minecraft is updating in the middle of the day. Off of peak hours. Destiny will be pre-loadable, Destiny is pre-purchasable, Destiny will be launching at a very specific time that Sony and Activision/Bungie should be ready for. And it will still crash or have issues anyway. Just like how no matter what Evilore does to the NeoGAF servers or backend code they fix, we are effectively DDOS'ing the thing and nothing can stand up to that.
Which update of PC is this on and is the PS3 one in sync? One of the trophies mentioned lions and I don't remember lions.
1.6-ish?
I stopped playing about before 1.7 so this is great for me.

Disguises

Are you talking about EU? Because this is for US. Dunno if the EU is having problems but the game only launched in US about an hour ago.
Yep, EU is having problems too. Just got a "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance" message.

Frazley

Played for a few over lunch. Fell down a ravine near spawn and had to dig my way up. Barely got to the surface before I made a shelter in the hole of a nearby mountain by dusk.

This is what I love! The randomness of the game!

Which update of PC is this on and is the PS3 one in sync? One of the trophies mentioned lions and I don't remember lions.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hmm... I was able to buy it no problem.

Don't have PS4 until next week though >.< I'm part of the problem.
I'm waiting for the white bundle too, lol.

You just debunked something for me though. The blog said, "This entitlement applies to everyone who’s bought Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc or Digitally) with a saved game and signed into their PS4 console using the same SEN account."

We obviously can't do that last part yet.

Hugstable

Banned
It sucks that I will never understand the hype of Minecraft. I'm not a super creative person in the first place and I've always had trouble playing these games for more than 30 minutes, and it was the same with Terraria. Glad this game is coming out for those who want it though and awesome to see a game become such a huge success considering how it looks and only a few people worked on it.

I feel for you guys. I'm in the other boat...I remote downloaded from work to my standby PS4 at home. It's showing as playable, but I'm still at work.

N° 2048

It sucks that I will never understand the hype of Minecraft. I'm not a super creative person in the first place and I've always had trouble playing these games for more than 30 minutes, and it was the same with Terraria. Glad this game is coming out for those who want it though and awesome to see a game become such a huge success considering how it looks and only a few people worked on it.

I just make a story up. Give my guy a back story and play survival mode. I barely use creative. I love the idea of being alone having to build shelter and survive day after day.

I'm waiting for the white bundle too, lol.

You just debunked something for me though. The blog said, "This entitlement applies to everyone who&#8217;s bought Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc or Digitally) with a saved game and signed into their PS4 console using the same SEN account."

We obviously can't do that last part yet.

Weird since I was able to buy it at the $5 price without logging in to my non-existent PS4. Knowing all the screw ups going on now, I probably don't actually have it haha. Hope everything is settled for next week...

Edit: It's in my download list so I guess all went well. Guess you don't need to log into a PS4 account before buying. Good to know for the 3 other people buying the PS4 version without a PS4 haha.

ReaperXL7

Uhh so I bought Minecraft it took my money and then told me that "this product cannot be purchased at this time" but my money is still gone from the purchase.....

I should have looked at this thread sooner but am I going to have to contact Sony?

Noobcraft

Uhh so I bought Minecraft it took my money and then told me that "this product cannot be purchased at this time" but my money is still gone from the purchase.....

I should have looked at this thread sooner but am I going to have to contact Sony?

I contacted support (same thing happened to me) and he just said to wait it out.

Well shit, didn't know you could upgrade from Vita. Guess I should have bought that one first. Oh well, just let me download on PS4, damn it :|

Cess007

Damn Store, it was up enough for me to login, put the upgrade version in my Cart, ask for the confirmation and..... then nothing. It's down again :(

Edit. Oh well, at least i got my purchase confirmation mail. I'll just have to wait now until i can set the game to download in my PS4

hew9753

I was able to download it when it first hit the store. My only gripe so far about PS4 vs. 360 is that there's no trial version of the skin packs. It's all or nothing. At leas with the trial versions on 360 you'd get a handful of skins that were unlocked whether you paid or not.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can;t even download the game, bought it over an hour ago ffs

store still wont load on pc. Pathetic.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Now is this a port of the PS3 version or was it actually engineered for the PS4?
It's Minecraft. All the versions are roughly on the same version. It has touchpad controls (?). It runs at 1080p 60fps. All the DLC is Cross-Buy. I don't understand the question.

Top Bottom