• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Yes. I can confirm is personally. All I ever did was rent the game, play on PS3 while connected to internet. Dont even think I played online but I would to be sure. Bam - 5 dollars on PSN right now for me.
Sweet. Would you know by any chance if I were to get Minecraft on PS4 via the upgrade method, do I get the PS4 & Vita versions, every version or just the PS4 version?

Mastperf

Just craft a new map? 8 paper 1 compass?

I haven't started playing yet but that was how it was on the E3 stream when they started a new large map on the XBox One version. It seems like a lot of maps to keep track of but I guess that's what they went with.

Frazley

Does anyone know what comparable version this is to PC or PS3/360? The trophies mention
lions
and was curious what other new features are in this version. I haven't played much of PC since Sumer 2011 so a lot of changes in even the PS3 were new to me.

So glad to have this game. Just did internet remote play and it works flawlessly! It felt native on the Vita with very little input lag.

This version feels like the definitive console version (As in the version that is on both Xbox One and PS4. Xbox One owners are in for a treat tomorrow!). I am thrilled they are making the Vita version, because it will be great for when I don't have internet. Thank you 4J Studios!

There are even a few bits of DLC not on the PS3 version yet. Oh and I WANT that Doctor Who DLC Xbox is getting!

Does anyone know what comparable version this is to PC or PS3/360? The trophies mention
lions
and was curious what other new features are in this version. I haven't played much of PC since Sumer 2011 so a lot of changes in even the PS3 were new to me.

So glad to have this game. Just did internet remote play and it works flawlessly! It felt native on the Vita with very little input lag.

This version feels like the definitive console version (As in the version that is on both Xbox One and PS4. Xbox One owners are in for a treat tomorrow!). I am thrilled they are making the Vita version, because it will be great for when I don't have internet. Thank you 4J Studios!

There are even a few bits of DLC not on the PS3 version yet. Oh and I WANT that Doctor Who DLC Xbox is getting!

I would jump in head first if they allowed texture packs on the console versions. Game looks so darn good with a cool texture pack running. My fav is the PureBDCraft pack which gives the game an almost zelda-esque look with the style of the textures.

2011-10-10_221551_606760.jpg

Vanilla :
Jammy-Furniture-Mod_3.jpg

I could understand before as the added performance hit and RAM usage would be an issue, but the next-gen consoles should be able to handle these packs and still get +60fps performance.

I want everything on the PS4 and would be awesome to have minecraft too.

Frazley

I would jump in head first if they allowed texture packs on the console versions. Game looks so darn good with a cool texture pack running. My fav is the PureBDCraft pack which gives the game an almost zelda-esque look with the style of the textures.

Vanilla :

I could understand before as the added performance hit and RAM usage would be an issue, but the next-gen consoles should be able to handle these packs and still get +60fps performance.

That looks cool! You know that it does have texture pack capability in it, right? There is a Fantasy texture pack, a Cartoon Texture pack, a Candy Texture pack, a Naturalism and a City pack. 4J has to design them, but they've been releasing in good amounts. The packs may not look like the ones available online, but they really do a good job in my opinion.

Just blew through 7 maps in creative flying around. Think it's going to be 5x5 map wise.

THAT is a good sign! I know the world sizes aren't unlimited like PC (had a server I ran with a HUGE map once), but you are saying 5 created paper maps by 5 created paper maps to fully flesh out the world? That I can live with.

Mastperf

Vanilla :

Yeah, I hope they make PS4/XB1 exclusive texture and mash-up packs. The natural texture pack looks good on the consoles though so it's not all bad.

Brawl96

What's the cheapest way to get the PS4 and Vita versions?

If I buy the ps3 one now for $20, then upgrade to the ps4 version for $5, will I have all 3 versions for $25?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

If I buy the ps3 one now for $20, then upgrade to the ps4 version for $5, will I have all 3 versions for $25?

That's what I've been told. It's also what I've done, so I hope so!

Frazley

Yes. That's the cheapest and easiest way to get it. So far all DLC seems to be cross-buy as well.

Darknight

So does having the PS4 version grant you the future Vita version or do you need to own both PS3/PS4 grant you free Vita copy? Sorry if this has been answered many times :(

Frazley

So does having the PS4 version grant you the future Vita version or do you need to own both PS3/PS4 grant you free Vita copy? Sorry if this has been answered many times :(

No, having the PS3 version grants you the Vita version. PS4 is considered a whole new game. Vita will be basically be PS3 in the shell of a Vita.

forms

Vanilla :

I must agree with you her, once you have played Minecraft with mods it is very hard to look back.

Steel

Banned
Anybody figure out how to transfer saves from the ps3 to ps4 version? I've already uploaded the save data to the cloud, but the square button save transfer on the PS4 version doesn't seem to work.

Frazley

Anybody figure out how to transfer saves from the ps3 to ps4 version? I've already uploaded the save data to the cloud, but the square button save transfer on the PS4 version doesn't seem to work.
What I was reading, I forget which site so I can't source it, is that PS3 has to be patched to allow the exporting. 4J/Mojang have created a cloud to host the files on and then you import. It uses your PSN ID. Last I heard is 4J is working on the update to the PS3 version.

Steel

Banned
What I was reading, I forget which site so I can't source it, is that PS3 has to be patched to allow the exporting. 4J/Mojang have created a cloud to host the files on and then you import. It uses your PSN ID. Last I heard is 4J is working on the update to the PS3 version.

Well, that sucks. That's kinda what I was thinking, but couldn't find anything to clear that up. Thanks.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
This won't show up as $5 to me. :/

I have the save files from the PS3 version in my PS+ storage and the trophy list is synced to my account. Yet when I go to add it to my cart and checkout it stays at 19.99.

Any help?

Technically the cheapest way would be to rent the PS3 version, play it online. Get Vita version free and PS4 version for $5 bucks.

Sweet. Would you know by any chance if I were to get Minecraft on PS4 via the upgrade method, do I get the PS4 & Vita versions, every version or just the PS4 version?

Just the PS4 version. But supposedly, if it says you have the PS3 version (disc or digital), you get the Vita version for free when it comes out.

RE_Player

Still can't see the discount (PS3 disc owner). On the PS4 store, web store, even if I add to cart. I'll try it tomorrow I guess.

Anyone making a trophy world yet? I'm terrible at this game and don't have a ghost of a chance at actually getting them the hard way.

ChuckNyce

Technically the cheapest way would be to rent the PS3 version, play it online. Get Vita version free and PS4 version for $5 bucks.

That's what I'm trying to do, rented the PS3 version after enjoying the PS4 trial. PS4 version still shows as $19.99 right now. Anyone had any luck with that?

That's what I'm trying to do, rented the PS3 version after enjoying the PS4 trial. PS4 version still shows as $19.99 right now. Anyone had any luck with that?

Sounds like its hit and miss. I only rented it, but that was a while back. Maybe there was a cutoff date and they never said anything? Try playing an online game and getting trophy? They just say it has to associated with your account.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Sounds like its hit and miss. I only rented it, but that was a while back. Maybe there was a cutoff date and they never said anything? Try playing an online game and getting trophy? They just say it has to associated with your account.

Didn't play an online game, but definitely got a couple trophies and the list is synced to my account and everything, as well as the saves being in the cloud.

Still shows $20 for me as well.

Goldrusher

Didn't play an online game, but definitely got a couple trophies and the list is synced to my account and everything, as well as the saves being in the cloud.
You probably didn't play the PS3-game before August 28...

Note: This entitlement applies to everyone who bought Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc or Digitally) and played it while connected to PSN prior to 28th August, and transfers their PSN account to their PS4 console.

coldone

- PS3/Vita is cross buy for $20
- PS4 version is a $5 upgrade on top of PS3/Vita version.

So buy PS3/Vita version for $20 first. Then upgrade to PS4. It doesnt work the other way.

Yes. I can confirm is personally. All I ever did was rent the game, play on PS3 while connected to internet. Dont even think I played online but I would to be sure. Bam - 5 dollars on PSN right now for me.

A few of my friends have play history and achievements on the 360 version from playing on their accounts at my house. Hopefully they get the discount still! They wouldnt buy at $20 but maybe at $5.

Slaylock

Huh. I bought the ps3 digital version today, loaded it up so that a save file would be created, then bought it on ps4 for $5...

I'm assuming the digital version doesn't have the limitation. I rented the PS3 version today, but no discount on the PS4 version. Oh well, worth giving it a shot.

So I rented it, thinking I could get to the upgrade that way, I see that doesn't work now...fair enough.

But if I buy the digital version right now for PS3, the $5 PS4 offer will still pop up?

BigDug13

So I rented it, thinking I could get to the upgrade that way, I see that doesn't work now...fair enough.

But if I buy the digital version right now for PS3, the $5 PS4 offer will still pop up?

Once your account owns the PS3 version, in the PS4 store it shows up as $4.99 to buy Minecraft.

New to Minecraft here and I've got a quick question, sorry if it's already been asked. When creating a world, it gives the option for other texture packs, such as Fantasy. But it's only a trial so you can't save. But when I check the store to try and buy it, there's nothing there.

So, do we know when it will be available? and if I create a world and build upon it but later purchase the Fantasy texture pack, will I be able to apply it to my current world? or will it only be available when creating a new world.

Thanks.

Edit: Scratch all of this, nothing was showing up in the store from the game menu, but actually going to the PS store I see that everything is available.

Krakn3Dfx

Played about an hour, good stuff, died because I suck at time management and didn't gather food in time, so I got down to 1 heart and then fell 1 block too far, lol.

Might be back on here in a bit, if anyone wants to add me, I'm Krakn3dfx on PSN as well.

Top Bottom