• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

FyreWulff

I hope Notch doesn't get in trouble with Microsoft or something. He was tweeting about the upcoming Microsoft sales announcement, and the Fez developer was like, how did you get those numbers, it took us like 6 months to see ours, how are you getting free updates, no one else gets those. :p

Apparently they had to fight to get a limited number of free updates for the 360 version, and I am guessing Microsoft let him see the sales numbers because they were so high, so they can show off the results in a press announcement (which I guess is not out yet?).

One thing of note that people are legitimately pissed off about: they don't say anywhere (or anywhere that's obvious) that splitscreen is HD only, even though splitscreen is all over the promo material.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Raptr rewards offer is live:

20120510-t87b65bx3wypm5hx6wpat7sbaa.jpg

I'm eligible to redeem - but apparently I can't, just doesn't give me the option to - seems like others are having this issue too.

Edit: Nevermind, got it! :D

Du2andal

Banned
I am a bit confused by crafting system. Does the crafting menu list everything that you can build from the start? Why make blue wool if there aren't any items i can craft to make use of it? Do people just stick it on the floor like carpet or something?

I also see items listed in the wiki like the redstone lamp. If something doesn't appear in the crafting menus, should I assume it was in a more recent release of the pc version?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't think it was going to grab like it did. Love the game. I was blown away by how deep you can dig. Needed to get some redstones.

No idea what the fuck is wrong with that site. Apparently I am eligible, but I have clicked everywhere and no code pops up anywhere

HzABv.jpg

No fun seeing 1000 codes go, and none for me :/

Bailey 87

I'm eligible to redeem - but apparently I can't, just doesn't give me the option to - seems like others are having this issue too.

Edit: Nevermind, got it! :D

How did you get it to work. I'm eligible but can't claim it. I have been hooked on this game after trying the trial. I need this game in my life

nl david

Neo Member
Tempted to buy, but I'm affraid it isnt going to hold my interest very long... Shame Im only 'experienced' at trials

defel

I am a bit confused by crafting system. Does the crafting menu list everything that you can build from the start? Why make blue wool if there aren't any items i can craft to make use of it? Do people just stick it on the floor like carpet or something?

Ye carpets are common, ceilings, giant animals, if you can gather enough wool you can create statues and stuff. Anything you can think of really.

Im really happy to see more people playing the game and discovering Minecraft. I started playing over a year ago and its swallowed so much time, its a fantastic game. I can imagine sitting on your couch with some music on or podcasts just digging...digging...digging... for hours and hours.

So Notch sent out a tweet
Well then. Saw the official sales numbers for the first 24 hours of Minecraft Xbox 360, and it's very, very good. Profitable in an hour.

And then this one.
Microsoft is preparing one of those super interesting press release thingies, and I will give them the honor of giving the exact details.

Damn strayed up all night for this Raptr give away and I'm not getting it. Why? I have elite rank in Trials Evo and have my account linked to my FB. =(

Anyone who's having issues - not sure if this'll help but maybe what worked for me.

I ensured my Facebook account was properly linked up; I had to re-bind it or something. Still no code, so lots of refreshing and then I clicked "Check my Rewards" or something.

Lots of refreshes later, it popped up - seems that the check my rewards updates the eligibility but takes a little longer than expected. Ignore it taking an hour too.

Du2andal

Banned

I also see items listed in the wiki like the redstone lamp. If something doesn't appear in the crafting menus, should I assume it was in a more recent release of the pc version?

Sanic

So, uh, guess it won't hurt to ask: Anyone who won't be needing their raptr code, wanna throw it my way?

Cat Party

I loaded up the trial and played for a bit, having never tried the game on PC (but I know the basic stuff about the game). Just messed around for a while in the tutorial area. Then it got dark. I frantically built a small walled-in area, and just as I put the last block in, I hear the load moan of a zombie or something. I wasn't sure if my walls were enough (no roof), so I dug a hole as well, and waited until morning. The next day I built a door and a roof. And a sword.

Yeah, I can see how this game grabs you. I think I'll buy it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Yeah, wool is pretty much just decorative. You should never actually craft colored wool anyway though, what you do is you make a dye and then you go out and use the dye on a sheep and then that sheep will give you that color wool forever

The crafting system is going to take a bit of getting used to, in comparison to the PC version.

Tried it for literally 5 minutes, lovely performance, good controls and definitely has that Minecraft charm.

JesseZao

Said I was eligible but didn't see anywhere to claim it. No way of telling if eligible meant "qualified" or that I could try and get it.

la_briola

Did not work for me, but it was shown under eligible. I relinked everything and nothing helped. Nice website you got there Raptr!

Did people really get the Raptr codes so they can sell/trade them? Yuck, not a fan of that.

But I did casually snag a copy a little while ago after giving up hope.

1GyWT.png

Wow. Never played the PC version before, but I played last night for about 3 hours with the girlfriend. I had a blast, and she was just as hooked. An awesome awesome game. The freedom to do what you want is pretty astounding. Can't wait to play more. YAY for splitscreen!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Bleh I probably should have signed up for Raptr since I have most of those games but the only ones I'd possibly have the eligible rank for would be PC Minecraft and Terraria

bengraven

Wow. Never played the PC version before, but I played last night for about 3 hours with the girlfriend. I had a blast, and she was just as hooked. An awesome awesome game. The freedom to do what you want is pretty astounding. Can't wait to play more. YAY for splitscreen!

Every time I see a post like this I smile IRL.

I know it's popular to hate on something that becomes huge and hyped very fast, but Minecraft is one of those things that lives up to it's hype and more. This is the style of game I've wanted for nearly 30 years of gaming.

Some of you guys who are digging it on 360 should double dip someday and help us build another of our massive massive cities on the NeoCraft server.

Dug

Banned
damn wish they would have done this yesterday... If anyone wants to buy/trade for this code I just got pm me
Wait wait wait wait WAIT a second. Did you get a code just to sell it instead of letting someone else get it?

...that's just wrong.

When was the giveaway anyways? just got home.

K1ng P3n

I have been on Rapt for hours. Its tells me I'm eligible but the CLAIM button never appeared. Would be thankful if anyone just happens to have a spare. Thanks

Top Bottom