• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minneapolis mosque fire-bombed

emag

http://www.startribune.com/blast-investigated-at-bloomington-islamic-center/438715693/

The blast was reported at 5:05 a.m., a time when 15 to 20 people are usually gathered at the center for morning prayers, and awoke many residents of the neighborhood. Congregants and neighbors expressed relief that no one was hurt, but also reacted with shock and fear.

At a noon news conference at the mosque that included clergy from several faiths, Asad Zaman, director of the local Muslim American Society, described the attack as a firebombing. He said that as a dozen worshippers gathered for ”fajr," or morning prayer, around 4:45 to 5 a.m., at least one witness saw a truck drove up and someone throw something into the office window.

Melvin Carter, who is running for mayor of St. Paul, said that as an African-American Christian, he found the image of a place of worship bombed during a time of prayer "one that I know that we all should know that we cannot take lightly in our community. ... This has no place in Minnesota; this has no place in America; this has no place in our community."

At 2 p.m., the FBI released a statement saying that it will spearhead the investigation. ”Preliminary investigation indicates that the explosion was caused by a destructive device in violation of federal law," it said. ”Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI, option #1."

Thankfully no injuries.The Bloomington Dar Al Farooq Islamic Center (located in a suburb of Minneapolis-St. Paul) has a congregation that is largely, but not exclusively, of Somali-heritage.

Fox News: single Christian who by no means represents the whole religion does a single act of hate that let's be honest hasn't happened all that often.

ZOONAMI

Minneapolis sure seems like a great town judging by the news as of late.

Bloomington isn't Minneapolis, but close enough I guess. There are your fair share of racist shit heads though, just like anywhere else these days. There were a couple of wp assholes who shot up a BLM protest in Mpls last year too.

Bloomington isn't Minneapolis, but close enough I guess. There are your fair share of racist shit heads though, just like anywhere else these days. There were a couple of wp assholes who shot up a BLM protest in Mpls last year too.

It should be noted they went to jail. The shooter got 15 years. His accomplices took pleas for less. Attempted murder should probably be a longer sentence...especially targeting minority groups...but this whole damn country is stupid so I guess 15 years is something.

I grew up in Minneapolis and this surprises me. The city has become increasingly liberal in the past 10 years and comes off as almost like a Portland. But I suppose Portland has its fair share of wackos too so who knows what the hell is going on. Very sad.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Glad there were no injuries/deaths. Also glad the mosque didn't go up in flames. Fuck the terrorist.

Trace

Banned
Driveby post to make fun of a real conversation going on in another thread.

This is a terrible thing and pure terrorism and is disgusting.

White Christian terrorism is frequently brushed off by both the mainstream media and the government as "mental illness" while the same from any other religion or nation is "religion of terror" or some other bullshit like that. Could you imagine the outcry if a Muslim man went around firebombing churches?

The same standards need to be held up for everyone.

Driveby post to make fun of a real conversation going on in another thread.

This is a terrible thing and pure terrorism and is disgusting.
It’s not making fun of, it’s noting the phrases used to relieve responsibility from white people when they commit acts such as these. It is terrorism but they aren’t labeled as such.

My parents live across the street from Al Farooq. Scary. They got interviewed by reporters and the FBI. Slept right through the little blast. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Syriel

Trump and the GOP are going to condemn this terrorist act, right?

Won't have to wait long...

k58ry.jpg

Top Bottom