• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

So I need to add people and the same person needs to add me in order to get energy?

Nah, it doesn't matter who you add, you still get the energy. But you also get energy when people use your code, the first 10 times. So I guess it would be smart to trade with someone....or just make alt accounts and put in the work yourself.

I'm still missing 2, tempted to just create alt accounts.

Hige

Guess it's true what Hige said about seeing other people's characters in action and then wanting them. Saw Rejin constantly putting all the minions to sleep and paralyzing them. Want, want, want.
Rejin has a 75% chance of inflicting status effects before enemy resistance is taken into account. R'zonand and Kana only have a 30% chance, and Rejin's abilities have a gigantic AOE range. The patch notes from Terra Battle Forum have pointed out that they've altered some status effect skills before (Ba'gunar and Grace), so I wonder if they'll nerf Rejin at some point. If I remember correctly, I think Ba'gunar's paralyze skill got nerfed from 100% to 80%, and Grace's poison arrows got buffed. Poison is still terrible in general though.

Edit: Lunato's petrify skill got nerfed from 100% to 80% as well.

kiyoaki

Man, I really need a hard-hitting sword fighter for Artemis II & III. Maralme and Velraine just aren't strong enough. Is Nakupi worth leveling up? Or should I rather go for Amimari on her second job?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man, I really need a hard-hitting sword fighter for Artemis II & III. Maralme and Velraine just aren't strong enough. Is Nakupi worth leveling up? Or should I rather go for Amimari on her second job?
Nakupi would be your best; Amimari is good, but she does not hit hard, plus, it takes a long time to level.

Gizuko

Is Rejin worth leveling? I haven't been able to proc his megasword (row) unless he is one of the units in the pincer, unlike Ma'curi's column attack.

He seems very pvp oriented, but debuffs not being sure hit (once triggered) might make him a bit unreliable.

Visceir

Is Rejin worth leveling? I haven't been able to proc his megasword (row) unless he is one of the units in the pincer, unlike Ma'curi's column attack.

He seems very pvp oriented, but debuffs not being sure hit (once triggered) might make him a bit unreliable.

I would.

Hosting a co-op room for 6-8 (metal tickets), you can get energy for having co-op games in private rooms.

Guess I'll also be taking requests on other levels people want to have a go at.

Visceir

New room number is 05358, need someone to join. Or well, anyone but Hige now.

Need to figure out a more effective way to do this, haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nah, it doesn't matter who you add, you still get the energy. But you also get energy when people use your code, the first 10 times. So I guess it would be smart to trade with someone....or just make alt accounts and put in the work yourself.

I'm still missing 2, tempted to just create alt accounts.

I tried doing an alt for my first account, but it takes a while to get through chapter 3. I mean, it just takes time. Too long for me to do it for 9 more accounts.

If anyone wants to trade referrals, just let me know that you put mine in.

feZikK9gTJDG

I want to make sure to return the favor (so we all benefit, haha).

Hige

He's definitely worth leveling. His stats are high all around and his status effect skills have a 75% chance of landing instead of a 30% chance for most of the remedy characters (before enemy resistance is taken into account, so the actual result is lower). He won't hit as hard as characters with Physical Attack x1.5, but he still gets Terasword and won't die as easily as they do. Seriously, his MDEF is insane for a physical attacker.

For some reason, AOE sword skills don't trigger if you're not the lead pincer, although spear and bow skills do. Which might make logical sense when you consider those are longer range weapons, but then why don't pincer skills like Megabow trigger from afar?

Visceir

Uhh, ok so the co-op first contact bonus is some super easy energy/metal tickets. Alll together you can get 20 energy and 24 metal tickets by either just hosting private room co-op matches or joining them.

Had 25 energy gathered so I rolled 5 times for new characters again. Got 2 gold, Djugen and Pupru. Dunno if and how much I care about them and if it's enough to level them up. I guess it could have gone worse tho.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Uhh, ok so the co-op first contact bonus is some super easy energy/metal tickets. Alll together you can get 20 energy and 24 metal tickets by either just hosting private room co-op matches or joining them.

Had 25 energy gathered so I rolled 5 times for new characters again. Got 2 gold, Djugen and Pupru. Dunno if and how much I care about them and if it's enough to level them up. I guess it could have gone worse tho.

Yeah, multiplayer stuff is really fun to farm 6-8 with.

Gizuko

He's definitely worth leveling. His stats are high all around and his status effect skills have a 75% chance of landing instead of a 30% chance for most of the remedy characters (before enemy resistance is taken into account, so the actual result is lower). He won't hit as hard as characters with Physical Attack x1.5, but he still gets Terasword and won't die as easily as they do. Seriously, his MDEF is insane for a physical attacker.

For some reason, AOE sword skills don't trigger if you're not the lead pincer, although spear and bow skills do. Which might make logical sense when you consider those are longer range weapons, but then why don't pincer skills like Megabow trigger from afar?

Oh wow, I must say, I didn't even notice Terasword on his 3rd job (and was actually quite pissed because of this).

As for bow skills, seeing galga's dark arrows not proc from afar on my alt account was quite a letdown. Area (1) skills do trigger, at least dark matter blade (1) and glacial blade (1) do, albeit they are very hard to proc (sometimes shaplar won't trigger it even with a P pill), so I didn't think row/column attacks were an exception.

Thanks for your insight, guys, I will cherish Rejin from now on lol.

docbon

New room number is 05358, need someone to join. Or well, anyone but Hige now.

Need to figure out a more effective way to do this, haha.

Have you tried the Terra Battle Forum chat room? It's fairly active and people are posting private rooms there.

I started a LINE group so people can send private invites, but we can setup a WhatsApp group if people prefer that instead.

Hige

I started a LINE group so people can send private invites, but we can setup a WhatsApp group if people prefer that instead.
A belated thanks to you for setting that up, but Line seems to drain my battery quickly, so I don't like using it very much. I'm not sure how useful it would be to me if I disabled notifications to lower the battery usage.

Visceir

Got Pupru to 35/24/46, mood swing seems awful as predicted. I'm curious enough about its job3 lvl 65 wild shot skill to level it up to that. Wish the MZ4/MZ5 arenas would still be around.

Olber is 42/41/40, don't think he will be of any use to me until I get the lvl 65 skills for all his jobs. So glad he wasn't one of my first characters to get as thus far his skills are very underwhelming.

Think I'm gonna pass on the line group as well. The terrabattleforum chat kinda covered my needs and I don't think there are enough people here to warrant getting another app in my phone.

kiyoaki

Nakupi would be your best; Amimari is good, but she does not hit hard, plus, it takes a long time to level.

Nakupi it is, then.

The game still hasn't launched in a lot of the smaller European markets, so there should still be some untapped potential for the download starter. I live in Switzerland and had to switch stores to get the iOS version. I hope we'll really see a console version one day.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I've joined several coop matches and haven't received anything. Do I need to host for the rewards?

HawthorneKitty

Haha wtf, I just got done with a Chaos where Chaos killed himself with his 3 column; I always thought it did 0 to himself.

J0dy77

Feel like picking this up again, haven't really played since launch. I'm sitting on about 40 energy, should I wait for a specific time to use it?

J0dy77

There are no godfest type events so far, so roll whenever. Stop rolling when you're sad about all the dupes lol.

Referral codes? No.

Thanks Hige. You knew where my head was at.

Pulled a handful of times and got KoKo on the first two rolls. SS rank, any good? Rest was junk.

Hige

Koko seems pretty good to me. She should have high survivability with her high HP and HP drain skill, and she has a ton of fire attack skills. Plus, capsules are always useful when the need arises.

What else did you roll? It might not be junk; some of the A and B class rolls are extremely strong, like Ma'curi and S'naip.

Had this awesome Artemis 3 game where the third guy DCed right at start, but we pulled our weight like crazy and beat her with everyone still alive.

CO-OP sooo good when you get people who knows the ins and out of tile sliding.

HawthorneKitty

Had this awesome Artemis 3 game where the third guy DCed right at start, but we pulled our weight like crazy and beat her with everyone still alive.

CO-OP sooo good when you get people who knows the ins and out of tile sliding.
Sucks when everyone is too good, but don't have the right units, got into a Chaos 3 where we got it to 50% in 2 moves, but no Kana, so we got decimated the next few turns.

Visceir

Had one game of Chaos III where we beat it in 3 turns. Got pretty much all the characters lined up and just wailed on it. Good times.

Kinda wish they added accessories/accessory slots to all the characters. Give us a way to customize our characters a little and give us something else to grind for.

Kain

So my phone deleted some apps randomly the other day and one of them was TB and I was SO fucking clever to never have made even a screenshot of my user ID and such. Long story short: I've lost everything, the people at MW said without the user ID there is nothing they can do so kudos to me for being careless, lots of hours and progress lost forever.

Backup your data, people, you will get MAD if the same shit happens to you.

Finally decided to do some reading and found out my two SS healers are considered junk tier. Depressing lol
Don't give up on them. Stats on SS are way superior than normal.

They aren't considered "junk", but lowered tier because of the lack of good heal skills compared to the.B rank healers.

BUT they're upping level cap soon-ish (was said in the Nico show), and some people are expecting a new skill there.

SS units always get unique skills, so we'll see there if it helps the current SS healers.

Deadly

Is there some sort of database with user ratings for the characters? I think I could use that.
No but if you google something like 'terra battle tier list' you'll get the gist of it.
Don't give up on them. Stats on SS are way superior than normal.

They aren't considered "junk", but lowered tier because of the lack of good heal skills compared to the.B rank healers.

BUT they're upping level cap soon-ish (was said in the Nico show), and some people are expecting a new skill there.

SS units always get unique skills, so we'll see there if it helps the current SS healers.
Yeah I've been trying to level everyone a fair amount at least until they get all 3 jobs. Besides they're the only healers I have too.

Visceir

Yeah I've been trying to level everyone a fair amount at least until they get all 3 jobs. Besides they're the only healers I have too.

Pick one of them and stick with it. 2 healers are probably too much, doesn't help that they are SS class and level slow as hell, replace one with a damage dealer or something.

I personally prefer using my SS healer (Amina) over my B healers. Mainly because her durability.

I imagine if the co-op events would have multiple stages I would get much more use out of Amina's main skill (party resurrection). They should give SS healers a self resurrection skill like SS mages have. I've sometimes been able to intentionally sacrifice my SS mage knowing he will get resurrected again, fun stuff.

Got Olber up to 50+/50+/50+, now jjust need to grind out the last levels in MZ5, gonna try to rig it so that I will get to do a MZ at lvl 59 and use the exp boost to get as close to lvl 65 as possible.

Can't help but to always think of the 'feels' guy Olber photoshop whenever I see his icon, haha.

I imagine if the co-op events would have multiple stages I would get much more use out of Amina's main skill (party resurrection). They should give SS healers a self resurrection skill like SS mages have. I've sometimes been able to intentionally sacrifice my SS mage knowing he will get resurrected again, fun stuff.
Oh god yes.

Completely forgot you can't S/L in CO-OP.
If they do add multiple stages bosses, this changes everything.

Zero_IYAD

Started playing this on Saturday when I got my Nexus 6..
I'm at Chapter 5 & got 1 A & 4 B characters..
This is my 2nd stamina based game after Puzzle & Dragons & things still seem new & confusing.

1st things 1st, is there some kind of an event like in PAD to actually use your energy & roll for a better chance of a high ranked warrior?

I started with Bahl, then got Ra'prow, later got Ba'gunar with the story progression & I just got Korin & Grace.
Should I keep going on with this team or keep rerolling?
Any advice in general to progress in-game?

Deadly

Pick one of them and stick with it. 2 healers are probably too much, doesn't help that they are SS class and level slow as hell, replace one with a damage dealer or something.

I personally prefer using my SS healer (Amina) over my B healers. Mainly because her durability.
Yeah I ditched Amisandra for now.

Rolled a character today. Some lame spear singing lizard.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Started playing this on Saturday when I got my Nexus 6..
I'm at Chapter 5 & got 1 A & 4 B characters..
This is my 2nd stamina based game after Puzzle & Dragons & things still seem new & confusing.

1st things 1st, is there some kind of an event like in PAD to actually use your energy & roll for a better chance of a high ranked warrior?

I started with Bahl, then got Ra'prow, later got Ba'gunar with the story progression & I just got Korin & Grace.
Should I keep going on with this team or keep rerolling?
Any advice in general to progress in-game?

A few pieces of advice:

1) If you intend to stick with this game, re-rolling for an S or SS character will do you well. An SS mage is never a bad thing. Late game, they murder everything.

2) There has never been a "god fest" sort of thing. Early on, rolling for better characters is totally normal. As you make progress and fill out your roster, it's not uncommon to spend energy on stamina to farm Coin Creeps on weekends. There are two "hatchers" - a coin and an energy. Coin nets you a shit ton of monsters, but it can also land you two SS characters. To my knowledge, they aren't incredible, but they aren't terrible. The second is an energy hatcher (like the standard magic stone pulls in PAD). This is where you get your goodies.

3) Bahl is pretty good. I don't know much about Ra'prow, but Ba'gunar is fine. I have had great success with Korin so far, but I also wasn't doing the T2/T3 arena event stuff when it was around. Grace is often talked about as being awesome...I think the -20% defense skill has something to do with it?

4) For progression, take advantage of metal zones when they pop up. Also take advantage of the new "distribute XP to lower level members" to skew XP distribution. Once you hit chapter 6, mission 6-8 can be farmed for metal tickets. NEVER spend them on anything but Metal Zone 3+ (MZ4 and 5 come around during events). Once you can get job 2/3 on a character, make sure you at least take them to 35 on the previous job. Skill slots + new skills = good.

There's a lot more that can be said, but the biggest thing you need to consider is if you intend to stick with the game or not. Grace may be your ticket to higher end content - some of the more experienced players will be able to comment on that. It may mean rerolling won't be worth your time. :)

A few pieces of advice:

1) If you intend to stick with this game, re-rolling for an S or SS character will do you well. An SS mage is never a bad thing. Late game, they murder everything.

2) There has never been a "god fest" sort of thing. Early on, rolling for better characters is totally normal. As you make progress and fill out your roster, it's not uncommon to spend energy on stamina to farm Coin Creeps on weekends. There are two "hatchers" - a coin and an energy. Coin nets you a shit ton of monsters, but it can also land you two SS characters. To my knowledge, they aren't incredible, but they aren't terrible. The second is an energy hatcher (like the standard magic stone pulls in PAD). This is where you get your goodies.

3) Bahl is pretty good. I don't know much about Ra'prow, but Ba'gunar is fine. I have had great success with Korin so far, but I also wasn't doing the T2/T3 arena event stuff when it was around. Grace is often talked about as being awesome...I think the -20% defense skill has something to do with it?

4) For progression, take advantage of metal zones when they pop up. Also take advantage of the new "distribute XP to lower level members" to skew XP distribution. Once you hit chapter 6, mission 6-8 can be farmed for metal tickets. NEVER spend them on anything but Metal Zone 3+ (MZ4 and 5 come around during events). Once you can get job 2/3 on a character, make sure you at least take them to 35 on the previous job. Skill slots + new skills = good.

There's a lot more that can be said, but the biggest thing you need to consider is if you intend to stick with the game or not. Grace may be your ticket to higher end content - some of the more experienced players will be able to comment on that. It may mean rerolling won't be worth your time. :)

With respect to 1) I didn't pull an SS until after I beat the game. Unlike most mobile games, the low ranks can be better than the high ones. If you pull an SS mage, awesome. If not, it's not a deal breaker like most other mobile games.

With respect to 2) Suoh, Camellia and Sheena are all SS ranks that can be pulled from Pact of Friendship. (The coin-based one) Additionally, I question spending energy on stamina. It's never necessary, and doing so puts you steps further from rolling Pact of Truth characters. Additionally, Sheena is a glass cannon, but incredibly powerful with great skills.

3) Bahl is one of the better sword users in the game. Her 1.5x attack boost level 65 skill in her third job makes her capable of some rather crazy damage. (She's seeing use against the tier 3 summon fights currently, which speaks volumes about her usefulness) Ra'prow is an okay spear user, and Grace is fantastic because of her -20% defense abilities for wild beasts and dragons. (Both of which have been very useful in events)

Top Bottom