• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Okay this is weird, I fired up the app and it keeps getting me a popup about an update to download. I click on it and it takes me to the google play store but it doesn't download anything and there is nothing to update. I click open on google play and it takes me back to the game and the same prompt keeps coming up.

edit: Looks like I'm not alone.... I'm pretty sure I had the latest version earlier today because I was playing it around noon.

Well this sucks, I was looking forward to playing some co-op with gaf.

No update problems with 2.1 update in the ios version from my experience. The game did give me 3 energy for crashing during a Artemis 1 though.

Here's my referral code btw: fXaVbiXvmhqJ

My referral code is TYEvuk6HNZbX if anyone wants to add me. Can't seem to join a public game but ppl can join mines. Coop gives this game a new life.

Meeps

If you're having issues updating on Android, you can sign into Google on a PC and then click "Installed" on the Play Store site. This will force the update to download on your phone.

Lol, I'll set up another room. I'll switch my team up. I'll keep Eileen, so you guys can swap out Ellevern since we only need one levitate.

Wow, that was way easier this time.

Yea, we had real bad rng the first time. Bahl died the start of the enemies 2nd turn even with full health, then we got the bomb mob, who didn't even show up this time. So the 3 Bahls just did work.

edIt; I have 28 stamina left, do you guys need either Chaos 1 or 2?

Hige

I can't believe Bahl's a possible starting character lol. Nice job, guys!

When nothing dropped I just visualized a LookAtThatIt'sFuckingNothing.gif. :( I got the third tier item from Chaos 3 on my first kill, I was hoping the drop rate was decent enough.

Edit: I'm gonna take a break for now, thanks for hosting the fights!

I can't believe Bahl's a possible starting character lol. Nice job, guys!

When nothing dropped I just visualized a LookAtThatIt'sFuckingNothing.gif. :( I got the third tier item from Chaos 3 on my first kill, I was hoping the drop rate was decent enough.

Edit: I'm gonna take a break for now, thanks for hosting the fights!

I gotta eat dinner so I am out.

GGs, thanks for the team up. I'll host more battles later if anyone ever needs to run these again.

Hige

Random thoughts: for Artemis 3 it seems like it's better to rush her and pay attention to weapon shields. That bomb creature she can summon once you kill a minion is brutal, so it's better to keep the shield minion alive instead. Antidote and positioning Heal All users for double pincers really got us out of that situation where everyone had low HP, but sometimes it's difficult to remember to place Kuscah/Rikken at just the right tile for multiple heals.

For Chaos 3, my team had 2 Jennish and 2 Pupropu and they did like 90% of the damage. It's hard to incorporate melee characters into the pincers since there's such a scramble to move people out of the red square AOE range. Kana and Bonna are really good for paralysis immunity and a full map paralysis heal. Killing that coffin thing that casts paralysis is a major priority. Anti-dark capsules seem worthwhile even if some minions destroy the capsules and follow up with an AOE. Ba'gunar and Vajra could be decent farmable options. Maybe even Tiamat. It's too bad there are no farmable light magic bosses equivalent to Leviathan and Bahamut.

Edit: Oh, and I usually take a while on my turns to give more time to charge the summon gauge and to (hopefully) carefully plan out a good move. There's an obvious 5 second warning when you need to get moving. If I'm in position with time left, I sometimes let my character hover there to give more time to charge summons.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Has anyone else gotten a skill boost above 100.0% before? I ended up with 100.2% on Jennish after a co-op game.

Doesn't seem to do anything weird to my skill chance... yet.

putermcgee

Man, this was one of my favorite iOS games of 2014, and now they add multiplayer, give out a ton of energy, and make some more awesome changes? I haven't progressed much in the story (on chapter 23 now) because I get so many great characters I want to level up. So I spend most of my time in metal zones and hunting zones to get materials for jobs. I can't believe they're only at 1.5M downloads.

Anyway, my code is JiDUaQeqRE9T if that's how we can do this. It would be cool to have a list of people's codes who haven't gotten all ten referral rewards yet, so others could share the wealth.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oof just got through with an Artemis 3 with only Zuzu/Zafitte/Amimari left.
They let my Suoh die turn 2 and most of the attackers dies shortly after; my Zuzu basically had to carry the battle from 3/4ths the boss HP. The MVP of the whole brigade was definitely someone's Zeera though, petrifying like 3 mobs; I want one now. Exciting and fun.

Hige

The MVP of the whole brigade was definitely someone's Zeera though, petrifying like 3 mobs; I want one now. Exciting and fun.
It's amazing that remedy characters are finally getting a chance to shine with these co-op bosses. I need to work on leveling mine after I farm coins for the weekend.

If anyone wants to trade referral codes, let me know. I'm too paranoid to post my code in public just in case some random person uses it and doesn't complete chapter 3 lol. Need dat energy.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The MVP of the whole brigade was definitely someone's Zeera though, petrifying like 3 mobs; I want one now. Exciting and fun.

I want Zeera as well. I learned how great Petrify can be with Lunato, especially against boss minions. Enemy AI seems to make poor decisions the more cluttered the grid gets with statues.

Also need Gugba and Rikken after seeing them kick serious ass and survive shots that 1HKO A class and below. Those two plus an Amimari salvaged a botched Artemis II run.

Leveling Kana now after many co-op losses to those nasty little tombstones. Need a safety net for players that insist on dry-humping the boss while minions eat everyone alive.

Visceir

Got my 3 celestial bows, all with my own stamina. The third time around the other 2 players disconnected and I could continue solo with everyone still alive.

If you're starting out first in Artemis3, make sure you get player3's characters away from her turn 1, she does a poison aoe right away. That usually also sets them better up to clear the minions.

Not sure if I wanna bother with Chaos as you can only use 1 at all times anyway, hmm.

How much energy do you get for completing chapter 3 with someone you shared codes with?

Edit: Dunno if it's everyone hammering the severs or what but I used to have better luck with finding games before the patch. Takes me like 20 - 30 attempts before I actually can get into one. "couldn't join room" "room not found" over and over again.

Hige

Got my 3 celestial bows, all with my own stamina. The third time around the other 2 players disconnected and I could continue solo with everyone still alive.

If you're starting out first in Artemis3, make sure you get player3's characters away from her turn 1, she does a poison aoe right away. That usually also sets them better up to clear the minions.

Not sure if I wanna bother with Chaos as you can only use 1 at all times anyway, hmm.
I still haven't had the opportunity to try Chaos's second skill, so I don't know if it works 100% of the time or if it just gives characters a Czekras/Zuzu delay ability. If it basically skips the enemy's turn, I could see it being more useful than Artemis if you already have a double pincer set up around the boss. That way you don't have to worry about rearranging units after the boss moves.

How much energy do you get for completing chapter 3 with someone you shared codes with?
I posted a link to the official website earlier.

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2015/01/post-18.html

Basically you get 22 energy total if you invite 10 people and they complete/have already completed chapter 3. I was thinking about doing private co-op with my own account and just Piz'fer-ing my way through chapter 1-3 a bunch of times haha.

Visceir

I doubt the Chaos skill works on bosses. I never bother to use Zuzu's for the same reason.

Oh, right. For some reason I thought you have to beat Artemis3/Chaos3 together to get some extra reward.

I guess it's fairly save to assume that everyone on gaf who botheres to enter a code would also complete chapter3.

I'm still 2 people short from the last energy bonus. Lately they've showered us with free energy tho.

Is the new Ice/mage S character in game already? Are there any pictures of it?

Visceir

Finally got the Olympic Arrow III upgrade. Guess I'm gonna work on Chaos one too after, gotta make use of it somehow afterall, haha.

Hige

I found out that story mode co-op lowers your level, so making accounts for referrals isn't as quick as I thought.

My code: DcVgwPcyafMh

I still haven't redeemed a code yet, so I'll add the first person that wants to trade.

Hige

I really need to level Kana for that stage. BTW, did I imagine it or did Chaos's summon skill skip all enemy turns and put null healing on Chaos?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really need to level Kana for that stage. BTW, did I imagine it or did Chaos's summon skill skip all enemy turns and put null healing on Chaos?
Obsidian II steals a turn from enemies; don't know about the healing; he may have cast it on himself.

Hige

It was the first time I used it, so I wasn't sure if it just casts a buff on the party (Czekras/Zuzu skill), or if it affects enemies directly and skips their turn with 100% success rate. I'll have to test it out some more, but that was a good first impression.

docbon

Co-op and the ability to weight exp distribution? Best update. Should we get a LINE group going for coop matches like the monster battle thread has?

Top Bottom