• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

obstskwerl

Neo Member
my code is QPMZnNPepEyh if we are still doing this referral thing.
Oh, and is it me or Zerro is kinda useless, I have her 3rd job on lv 38 right now and she is barely putting in any dent on enemies in chapter 20/21... or is she just too underleveled?

Visceir

my code is QPMZnNPepEyh if we are still doing this referral thing.
Oh, and is it me or Zerro is kinda useless, I have her 3rd job on lv 38 right now and she is barely putting in any dent on enemies in chapter 20/21... or is she just too underleveled?

Mages seem to get slightly more powerful once they get their 3x damage spell at lvl 65. I was noticing my Piz'fer (SS mage) doing low damage at some point but I still wouldn't trade it for any other char in the game.

All these co-op levels make me wish I had a Gugba tho...

Took the whole 100 stamina bar of 10-10 to get the Gungnir for Olber but now I noticed I don't have enough wisdom flowers, ugh.

I think I can stomach leveling an SS character, but getting his B% up enough for him to actually be useful will suck and discourages me from leveling him. Having double evasive arts in the team would kick so much ass tho.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Mages seem to get slightly more powerful once they get their 3x damage spell at lvl 65. I was noticing my Piz'fer (SS mage) doing low damage at some point but I still wouldn't trade it for any other char in the game.

All these co-op levels make me wish I had a Gugba tho...

Took the whole 100 stamina bar of 10-10 to get the Gungnir for Olber but now I noticed I don't have enough wisdom flowers, ugh.

I think I can stomach leveling an SS character, but getting his B% up enough for him to actually be useful will suck and discourages me from leveling him. Having double evasive arts in the team would kick so much ass tho.

What makes gugba good in coop?

Visceir

What makes gugba good in coop?

Neutral sword type character (Artemis is bow), elemental damage seems to be really low vs these bosses, has a naturally high atk/hp and earthquake skill that deals damage to everything on the screen.

Edit: pretty much ditch elemental damage dealers and pick those with neutral damage. Zuzu is still the mvp

i shit you not, the last 10 energy pulls have all been dupes.

and i wouldnt feel as bad if it was an SS or S level dupe (to at least tease me a little before fucking me), but its been nothing but B tier fodder

FUCK

Hige

After watching Olber tank Artemis 3, he's up near the top of my wish list now. He was even taking bombs to the face!

I think co-op might be a creative way to urge people to spend money on gacha rolls, since getting to see other characters in action is pretty fun. I need to see a 3x Gegonago team in action ASAP.

I know that feeling. I have Lewto, but he doesn't pull his weight like Piz'fer does since he's only at 32%. Plus, if I really need a fire user, my Daiana is at 100% already. I'm trying to prioritize which characters would be the most useful to skill boost, and I decided to throw Bahl back into my coin farming team because of fights like Artemis. I think being able to trigger Terasword and Phys Atk x1.5 without relying on power points would be a game changer.

Visceir

Co-op is an alright way to boost skill proc tho as it costs no stamina. If only it didn't take me 5+ min to actually get into a game, annoying.

Does Camilla get bonuses from all 9 characters or just the 2 in her team?

I wish you could set up squads with various skills. Would love to be able to pick the right squad depending on which co-op stage I do.

Hige

Yeah, whatever fight I'm looking for will suddenly pop up when I decide to change my team, so annoying.

I just found out that you can change the name of your squad now, which is a small consolation.

Visceir

Tried Chaos III for the first time. Seems like you pretty much have to just keep your characters clear from its area attacks the first 3 turns or it's an insta death, crazy.

Visceir

Haha, alright I'll host the next one. I bet the first abyss attacks are always in same pattern. Middle, left right. Let's try to clear those areas in advance already.

Room is 13375

I brought Kana to handle paralyze but it only happened in the beginning. I'm willing to try again.

Tried to join Visceir couldn't find it. new room 13822

Looks like the first pattern is random lol

Visceir

I always thought it was just 3 characters, could have sworn the text said "3 first characters", haha.

I'll do better :(

Leave out the capsules, they do more harm than good.

I wonder when does he proc perdition? For some reason that move is what changed it all around and made us skip turns. My Kana has locomotion and paralysis ward. Rikken has antiparalysis adjacent, I guess it doesn't work on herself.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I wonder when does he proc perdition? For some reason that move is what changed it all around and made us skip turns. My Kana has locomotion and paralysis ward. Rikken has antiparalysis adjacent, I guess it doesn't work on herself.
It procs at 50% HP.

I errored out :(

docbon

Just in case anyone is interested, I made a LINE group for Terra Battle to make it a little bit easier to organize co-op matches.

LINE is a social media platform with clients on iOS/Android, and can be downloaded here: http://line.me/en-US/download.

If it gets any use, maybe we could have it added to the OP as well.

Quote this post for the invite link.

Rikken's anti-paralysis guard is a sham, it didn't even guard those next to her when perdition hit.

I'm up for more tries if you want right now, I think around 8 cst or 9est I will host more games since I'll have stamina then.

Visceir

Beat Chaos III in a public match. There were 2 Jennishes in the game that demolished the board and Bonna to recover from the status effects. Killed the minions first and soon after the board was saturated with anti darkness capsules.

HawthorneKitty

Beat Chaos III in a public match. There were 2 Jennishes in the game that demolished the board and Bonna to recover from the status effects. Killed the minions first and soon after the board was saturated with anti darkness capsules.
I see it now; just did a Chaos 2 where there were 2 Jennishes; cleared the battle in 2 moves. Now where do I get a Jennish...

Hige

Rikken's anti-paralysis guard is a sham, it didn't even guard those next to her when perdition hit.
Paralysis guard only gives 50% resistance, unlike paralysis ward which grants immunity. My experience with Pupropu (who gets guard) on that stage is that it's pretty inconsistent and will fail at the worst times. Definitely want Kana or Bonna on the team.

I was looking at the Famitsu wiki earlier, and they suggest using Samupi, which is someone I hadn't considered before. He has MDEF+20% for lightning characters, and I think it won't get dispelled when Chaos resets your dark resistance? I'll probably test him out in some public games.

Paralysis guard only gives 50% resistance, unlike paralysis ward which grants immunity. My experience with Pupropu (who gets guard) on that stage is that it's pretty inconsistent and will fail at the worst times. Definitely want Kana or Bonna on the team.

I was looking at the Famitsu wiki earlier, and they suggest using Samupi, which is someone I hadn't considered before. He has MDEF+20% for lightning characters, and I think it won't get dispelled when Chaos resets your dark resistance? I'll probably test him out in some public games.

I'll fire up a room, I have Samupi so I will try it too. I only have one shot at this for today.

Made adjustments room is 15830

Anyone is free to join.

It's okay. I just pugged it and failed because I was the only one to bring someone with paralysis ward. My Kana is always the only one not paralyzed, so that makes it so the person who is not me, have their turn skipped and no one for my Kana to initiate a pincer with when perdition hits. The thing is I had 3 Jennish on the team but no one else brings anyone who can stop getting paralyzed so it's a wipe pretty much soon after Perdition. I am bummed out that one time another character besides Kanna was left unparalyzed but they didn't see it and decided not to initiate a pincer with her so she can cast locomotion. I guess I should just try to find a character to level with paralyze ward, the first half of the fight always go so smoothly until perdition hits.

Also interesting to note, is that Chaos will prioritize Perdition over casting his AoE. We got him down to about 30% with the 3 Jennish real fast, which made him not fire it off until the turn after perdition. Also, Samupi does seem to work pretty well, the Jennish could take some hits from aoes, but of course that is moot when paralysis prevents tehm from acting for a few turns.

saichi

my code is WXFKvQKitgMA

and the last 3 draws seem to be pretty good - Velraine, Yukken, Korin

is Yukken significantly better than Grace and Alika?

I guess I don't have any use fot Velraine or Korin since I have Gugba and usually carry one sword guy in my team.

Current team - Zerro, Gugba, Alika/Grace, Kuscah, Daiana, Samupi/Zenzoze

On the side note, I have to check how this co-op thing works. Finally there is a social element for this game.

HawthorneKitty

my code is WXFKvQKitgMA

and the last 3 draws seem to be pretty good - Velraine, Yukken, Korin

is Yukken significantly better than Grace and Alika?

I guess I don't have any use fot Velraine or Korin since I have Gugba and usually carry one sword guy in my team.

Current team - Zerro, Gugba, Alika/Grace, Kuscah, Daiana, Samupi/Zenzoze

On the side note, I have to check how this co-op thing works. Finally there is a social element for this game.
Grace, Alika and Yukken are all very good for different reasons. Grace for her Dragon Def down for any possible dragon events, Alika for her amazing Treasure Hunter and Yukken for her amazing Negotiator Pro. If I could choose an order of leveling, it would be Alika, Yukken then Grace.

Visceir

Guess it's true what Hige said about seeing other people's characters in action and then wanting them. Saw Rejin constantly putting all the minions to sleep and paralyzing them. Want, want, want.

It's also so boss to see Zuzu constantly dodging everything, so glad I got him early on in the game, probably my favorite character.

What has everyone gotten from all the extra energy that has been given out? Any SS characters?

I decided to tackle leveling up Olber afterall, seems like an useful character.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The new XP system has revitalized my interest in this. Being able to designate all XP to weaker characters is fantastic for leveling.

this is hella weird. apparently i didnt login in my 102nd day, but i could have sworn i did.

i noticed when i got a 5th day login bonus and i thought they reset the timer.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So if I put in the referral codes in this thread, will I benefit from the energy? Or does are there certain conditions? Fixing to sift through and send them out...

Visceir

So if I put in the referral codes in this thread, will I benefit from the energy? Or does are there certain conditions? Fixing to sift through and send them out...

I initially thought it was a way to fill out your friends list, but it has nothing to do with that. It's more like you introducing people to the game and as a reward when they add the code you get energy.

Everyone gets to add their code just once, but if you add it you get energy too.

Got the wisdom flowers for Olber job3 after one puppet show run...now to level all the jobs to 65+, quite a lot of work ahead of me.

Artemis/Chaos 3 ain't impossible with randoms, but man is it frustrating at times with host DC or people joining in with weird and unleveled combos.

After this Coin Creep weekend, I'mma have to go full on private game for my last few items.

Also, missing a single refferal if anyone wants to redeem mine:

bpmmPH3gPuNA

(go to Main > Friend's list > Redeem code)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I initially thought it was a way to fill out your friends list, but it has nothing to do with that. It's more like you introducing people to the game and as a reward when they add the code you get energy.

Everyone gets to add their code just once, but if you add it you get energy too.

Got the wisdom flowers for Olber job3 after one puppet show run...now to level all the jobs to 65+, quite a lot of work ahead of me.

So I need to add people and the same person needs to add me in order to get energy?

Top Bottom